Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (48398 Views)

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Ishilove: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
Online aproko outlets claim this happened in Enugu, others swear it is Imo.cheesy

Regardless of where this happened, the lines between tradition and downright extortion is blurred in many cases.

Let me do a quick inventory-

A big nanny goat
2 trays of Nittol detergent
A basin of coconut
Three suitcases of Hollandis wrappers and assorted wax prints
One bag of rice
Two crates of drinks
One crate of beer

Is that a salon size pack of Profectiv Mega Growth relaxer i see there...??

Yep it is. I wonder when hair relaxer became a part of omenala. (tradition)

Emm, I sight giant can of peak milk
Something that looks like custard
A basin of big sized Canoe bar soap

I can't keep up. My eyes are aching and I'm tired of squinting. embarassed

So what happens to the struggling man who can't afford these cutthroat lists?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by HeWrites(m): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
angry

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Ishilove: 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
HeWrites:
angry
What? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by sinaj(f): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
Nsobu dikwa sad

9 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Airforce01(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Glad I jumped the bullet

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
They would say it is because they are classy &one of a kind that's why they command this expensive dowry.

42 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by HeWrites(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
sinaj:
Nsobu dikwa sad

Oh my Sinaj kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Ceede: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ishilove:
Online aproko outlets claim this happened in Enugu grin

Let me do a quick inventory-

A big nanny goat
2 trays of Nittol detergent
A basin of coconut
Three suitcases of Hollandis wrappers and assorted wax prints
One bag of rice
Two crates of drinks
One crate of beer

Is that a salon size pack of Profectiv Mega Growth relaxer i see there...??

Yep it is.

Emm, I sight giant can of peak milk
Something that looks like custard

So much ngwongwo. I can't keep up. My eyes are aching embarassed

....na all the village people want get share? IMO sta** lipsrsealed

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by HeWrites(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ceede:
....na all the village people want get share? IMO sta** lipsrsealed

I can bet Buhari's skull that it's not IMO

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2019
Not that expensive everything there self is not up to 1M undecided

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Ceede: 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2019
HeWrites:

I can bet Buhari's skull that it's not IMO
don't bet Bubu head yet...wish state do you suggest agin?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by mediaNGR: 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by HeWrites(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ceede:
don't bet Bubu head yet...wish state do you suggest agin?

Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by kingreign(m): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2019
After paying that kind bride price, I believe I've bought over their daughter and she no longer belongs to them. [size=15pt]MAKE ANY OF THEM NO NEAR MY PLACE OR CALL MY LINE OR ELSE I GO SEND THUNDER TO BLAST THEM[/size].

40 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by xynerise: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
JjBankys:

Is N1m not too expensive to marry somebody you will still feed? grin

Seriously, these things are negotiable. Unless you wan form Alpha male grin

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
Huh?? Why?? Goodluck to those marrying from that region...

17 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by EgusiShankly: 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by RTSC: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
What nonsense?

Nobody begged you to come marry.

In India, women pay dowry while In some parts of Nigeria, a man must show the strength of his arm financially before he can marry a woman.
Different strokes for different folks.

It used to be barns of yams in the olden days as depicted in Chinua Achebe "things fall apart" and has now modernized to other material things.

What ever works. As long as failed men are weeded out.

If in your place, they give out women two for five naira, all well and good.
Your sense of good is not universal.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by sinaj(f): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
HeWrites:

Oh my Sinaj kiss kiss
O! My hewrites

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Homeboiy: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
Rich men like us don't complain

11 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by chiommy123(f): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
How is it a business for the family do they resell it or what? This is tradition nothing bad init

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
JjBankys:

Why waste 1 million for a wedding when you can use that money to invest in something profitable.

As for the thread this one na exchange of goods and services.In other words her husband has bought her.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by doctore212(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
The thing no reach 200k.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
HeWrites:

Oh my Sinaj kiss kiss
sinaj:
O! My hewrites
Get a room, you two

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by pocohantas(f): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ishi, the thing we need to know is, some of our Igbo brothers are very egoistic. I have seen several cases where the man brought double the list (no jokes). Sometimes because he believes his wife is of so much value, other times for show off.

These items are not always the actual list.

16 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Tallesty1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
HeWrites:

Enugu
Lols. I am from Enugu sir and we don't sale our women

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Tallesty1(m): 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2019
pocohantas:
Ishi, the thing we need to know is, some of our Igbo brothers are very egoistic. I have seen several cases where the man brought double the list (no jokes). Sometimes because he believes his wife his of so much value, other times for show off.

These items are not always the actual list.
Yea.... If this one for instance is the actual list, it would be more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by sinaj(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Ishilove:

Get a room, you two
grin grin
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
What kind of wretched thing is this?

5 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
This would’ve made more sense in family section .

This romance section is filled with frustrated ,useless,dumb and broke dunderheads that won’t be able to make any meaningful impact on intellectual conversations/debates.

5 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Tallesty1:
Lols. I am from Enugu sir and we don't sale our women

Are you trying to put your state in good light r what ? All Igbo states do this.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Your Wife Compares You With Her Ex In Bed. / Man Tricks His Baby Who Refused To Take Milk From A Feeding Bottle / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.