Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Doctors' Strike In Lagos State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors' Strike In Lagos State (1256 Views)

Doctors’ Strike Paralyses Ekiti Teaching Hospital / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors' Strike In Lagos State by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
I have watched closely the health saga in Lagos state in the last 10 weeks and I am beginning to wonder how on earth this is happening. All government owned hospitals have been shut down for 10 weeks now all because someone doesn't care.
Doctors in lagos state embarked on an indefinite strike on the 9th of August 2010 to protest the non implementation of the consolidated medical salary scheme which was agreed upon by both federal and state governments. Most states of the federation have started paying and Lagos state government says "we can't afford it"
My concern exactly is people are dying!
Most residents of lagos can't afford the bills of private medical care. Children of the pOor fall sick every minute and are brought into the emergency section of the hospital. The surgical emergency is always filled with patients.
Everyday, ther's always a case of complication from abortion. People still have serious accidents on our roads. A medical student of Lasuth died over the weekend due to lack of prompt medical care after an accident. Medical students are being delayed.
Someone isn't losing sleep.
Someone isn't worried that these things are happening!
Someone is supposed to be in charge.
The house of assembly, 10 weeks! No sanctions?
I don't seem to understand.
Plz,
Re: Doctors' Strike In Lagos State by proflynks1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
hmmm embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? / Uterine Fibroids And Heavy Bleeding / Why You Should Always Take Ginger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.