Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power (10745 Views)

What Lamido Adamawa Told Atiku Versus What He Told Buhari / What Osinbajo Told Buhari On Phone Before Sacking DSS Boss, Daura / Oshiomhole Told Buhari He’ll Remove Saraki In 10 Days – Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by TITOPE(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2019
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari and the 36 states governors to appoint more young people into positions of power with a view to exposing them to the inner workings of government.

It argued that doing so would prepare the youths to provide, in the future, effective political leadership at all levels of governance.

Speaking at the National Muslim and Christian Youth Summit in Abuja yesterday, CAN President, Revd Samson Ayokunle, lamented that no significant effort is been made to create for the youths; the reality that the country’s today and future belong to them.

Ayokunle, who was represented by Evang. Samuel Kwamkur, CAN’s Director of Legal and Public Affairs, said: “May I also use this opportunity to call on those in power to use their good offices and influence to bring Youth into the circle of government not as a mean of empowerment them only but as a way of preparing them for future independence and leadership.

“We cannot continue to say youth are leaders of tomorrow when there is no significant effort to expose them to true act of governance and practical leadership especially while we, the elders, are still around them.

“As Christians, we are looking forward to a nation where the youth will truly understand that today and the future belong to them.”

However, the CAN President urged the youths to shun restiveness and ensure peaceful coexistence across the nation.

He said, “We call on the Youth to shunt all form of violence and embrace peace

“It is our hope that this summit will not only be that of usual speech making but will go a long way in having the youth and facilitators brainstorming towards finding lasting and sustainable solution to the age long youth restiveness and poverty.

“Youth must refuse to be used for thuggery but governance and administration which shall stand the test of time,” he insisted.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/can-to-buhari-govs-bring-more-youths-into-power/amp/

1 Share

Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Simplyleo: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2019
Good one from CAN, at least for the first time.

However, it is obvious buhari is already drifting in that direction through the appointment of the present communication minister. Though he didn't get it perfectly with that of sport ministry.

These two ministries should be headed by vibrant youths at par with the high dynamics required in those fields of administration.

Other ministries require experience, not just brain with supersonic processing speed.

Pls, this is my opinion o, b4 una go come kill me with needless mentions. wink

Meanwhile, a govt appointed a 27 yr old, their people rejected it, so what are we saying?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by StrikeBack(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2019
shocked
Where are the young ones??

This present Day Nigeria is the best we can ever get.

Any deliberate attempt at making things work will come with great resistance from people milking us dry.

Once again Nigeria can never be better

Sad embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by guru90: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2019
Not in This country!
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by saintjimos(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2019
YOUTHS THAT ARE BUSY FIGHTING EACH OTHER
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Twenty47(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2019
Those people sabi zero their minds for dis kain matters ehn..
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by ZAMANI123(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2019
Sounds good anyway
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by mutumina007: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2019
Well they are putting youths In to power, dnt your update yourselves..from federal to states.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by everbliss: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2019
When Seyi Makinde appointed a 27 year old as commisioner, protests flew in.
Youths are the leaders of tomorrow na scam.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Newshubs: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2019
Good to see them own up.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by shawnfamous(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2019
Now they are begging the government to put youths in positions... When these leaders do that now, the masses would still carry placard protesting that this youth is too young..
Wasteful Nigeria
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by picoba(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2019
I doubt if the elders will hear
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by abrojunior94(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2019
Drop shipping which basically involves selling products directly from manufacturers / wholesalers without you handling any inventories and physical goods is known to be a profitable business worldwide, and has made thousands of dollars from it

I started dropshipping 2 year ago and some of the challenges i have and some i had submounted would be stated in our whatsapp Class, but first. As a dropshipper u get product but fill your store with products from merchants on aliexpress.

I only select products that offer free shipping and use a special strategy to find hot in demand product within my niche ofcourse

I build my store using WordPress with upsell and downs ell this give me better advantages than my competitors. I integrate Paystack and PayPal as payment processor, This allows my buyers to pay for products on my store (prices are in USD ofcourse, NB. buyers address will be listed during placing of order) and then i contact the seller, pay for the good and provide the address of the client for shipping (i also give the merchant some instructions so that the client doesnt know am dropshipping it-coded things).

Some of the key point for MY business model are;
- i target/market or sell to people in the US, Canada, Australia (free shipping is quicker and much easier)
- I choose product using my special picking techniques
- I use PayPal and Paystack to receive payment

I hope this help.

Meet me inside whatsapp where I'll break it all down
>>>

Join the Dropshipping community.

1 Like

Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Onyekachi419(f): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2019
In as much as we want young people in that position

Is not by young Ness is by willingness to work for your people

But since we have tasted the old men we should try the young grin
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Studyinchina200(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2019
You mean the same lazy youths that are busy on Nairaland fighting tribal wars.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by bizhop01: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2019
Buhari practice gerontogracy
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by mutumina007: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2019
Besides Governors Akeredolu of Ondo state and Makinde of Oyo are putting youths masisvely into power, go and do your researches.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by reveria: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians are confused, when you don't appoint youth they'all criticize you. But when you appoint youth, they'll start protesting.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2019
#sayNotoXEnophobicAttack

let the president's come out on live tv (not social media) to condemn the attack.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Femijohn198: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2019
the Nigeria youth are a disgrace to the nation,could u imagine the present governor of Oyo state appointed 17 year old for youth and sports in Ibadan.the youth in Ibadan protest calling on the governor to terminate the appointment that the boy is too young to rule.
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by dadebayo1(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2019
Wish we can return back to the days when Can was CAN........ When Nlc was NLC
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Kennyfancy(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2019
StrikeBack:
shocked
Where are the young ones??

This present Day Nigeria is the best we can ever get.

Any deliberate attempt at making things work will come with great resistance from people milking us dry.

Once again Nigeria can never be better

Sad embarassed
BACK TO sender, U can't dictate for us and Other Nigerians with ur Evil Mouth
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2019
All will be well someday
Re: What CAN Told Buhari, 36 Governors About Appointing Youths To Power by Quality20(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2019
we need more of yahaya bello n dino in power

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yobe Under Attack / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! / Free El-zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.