Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,597 members, 7,770,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics (40176 Views)

BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / The Most Beautiful City in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by stagger: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2010
All those complaining about Abuja being built with Niger Delta money should stop making noise.

I have lived in the Niger Delta for many years and I have been to 20 out of 36 states in this country. No state tn the North or the Western part of this country receive close to what Akwa ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo have received as derivation formula since 2000.

Ask Ibori, Igbinedion, Odili, Obong Victor Attah and co, what they did with the funds sent to their states all the years they were in power.

Ibori ---> several private refineries abroad. Of course we now know all the millions of dollars stashed in foreign accounts.

Igbinedion----> the same thing

Odili----> A doctor, his healthcare legacy was to build a multi-million dollar PERSONAL hospital in South Africa. Even Mandela had to ask him whether he had built something close to that for his people. His successor, a lawyer, has put him to shame by building 105 general hospitals in three years, and is revamping the entire road network in PH.

Alams----> we all know how far with him and the stolen Bayelsa millions.

Just take stock. The governors are the problem in the Niger Delta. THE GOVERNORS AND THE GOVERNORS ALONE!

Stop blaming the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Amhatu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ROSSIKE , The Very first pic, very  Beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by stagger: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Anyway, ABJ is a very cool place. Once you live there, you just cannot live anywhere else in Naija. But it depends on where you live o!

You can't compare the city centre to a place like Kubwa, Deedei, or some of the other satellite towns. Those are slum spots!

But then if you want to live in ABJ, get ready to cough out some real good pay for accommodation.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Bankong: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
I Love Nija and this fotos are supar.
If all the monies stolen by south south leaders of the likes of IBORI etc our southern citie would compete in beauty. look at aba , port harcourt, etc are worst off after the 1970s growth. who destroied? who stole from us? our own blood relatives so call south
south leaders. angry
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by donobi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
Abuja is beautiful because i live there, but there are more beautiful places in Abuja than this.
i think Botswana and Namibia are than all this places that u people have mention.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by benimeogu(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
See
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by omega25red(m): 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
tthose pictures are very nice now show us the places where regular people actually live.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
I'm sure this was how Lagos looked once upon a time. cool
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by mahal(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
stagger:

All those complaining about Abuja being built with Niger Delta money should stop making noise.

I have lived in the Niger Delta for many years and I have been to 20 out of 36 states in this country. No state tn the North or the Western part of this country receive close to what Akwa ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Edo have received as derivation formula since 2000.

Ask Ibori, Igbinedion, Odili, Obong Victor Attah and co, what they did with the funds sent to their states all the years they were in power.

Ibori ---> several private refineries abroad. Of course we now know all the millions of dollars stashed in foreign accounts.

Odili----> A doctor, his healthcare legacy was to build a multi-million dollar PERSONAL hospital in South Africa. Even Mandela had to ask him whether he had built something close to that for his people. His successor, a lawyer, has put him to shame by building 105 general hospitals in three years, and is revamping the entire road network in PH.

Just take stock. The governors are the problem in the Niger Delta. THE GOVERNORS AND THE GOVERNORS ALONE!

I agree,
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by donclemo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
stagger:

I agree with u ,  have u guys been to calabar, , calabar is also a beautiful place . Port Harcourt used to be one of the beautiful cities in Nigeria now its the worst. the problem with the south is not the oil money going to Abuja but the problem is within the people in the south. the governor are stealing the money and those who call themselves Militants are making themselves wealthy by kidnapping people and committing crimes if they are really fighting for their people let them use the money they get from kidnapping to better their community .
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Princek12(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2010
benimeogu:

See how magnificent  Abuja looks, no other part of the country can be compared to the beauty of Abuja - The North capital of Nigeria.
I think its time for the South East to wake-up from sleep, we deserve some fairness and equity in the distribution of our resources.
We need the River Niger wharf we need international Airports in South East, We need Good Roads and we want PresidentGoodluck as president in 2011.
Enough is enough for  the injustice in Nigeria against the South East.

I concur. They used oil money from the South East to build Abuja, and the area from which the money came looks like chaos.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Tugbaski: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2010
I love my country i no go lie, for inside am i go live and die, Correct Pics jo
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by DOnlooker(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nice Pics but I can't help wondering if the city isn't a bit too sparsely populated. I mean the roads and streets shown on the pics are too free of human populace. OP abeg, where are the people ? Abi na so Abuja dey ?
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by udeze(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nigeria is a beautiful country, it is rather unfortunate that our leaders are not helping matters at all
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Kunbee: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
Abuja kiss kiss
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by bkbabe97y(m): 2:49am On Oct 28, 2010
Why do I still feel this aint the "real" Becommricch?

This one sounds like an impostor, a fake. . . . . . . .
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by rovert: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2010
Beautiful pictures. Good layout and it should be extended all over the Abuja Municipal. All government did was build roads and provide the necessary environment. The houses are owned by people especially southerners. Nigerians are not yet developed to self-regulate, so the government has to strong-arm us.

As for the wealth of the ND being used for Abuja, that's what you get for a rubbish federalism. As folks have said, if the governors since 1999 have used 70% of the resources they got for the development of their states, we'd not look like frontier towns in the wild wild west of America of yore!

Abeg make una leave this divisive north-south dichotomy and everyone face the state government where dem live to make sure say development dey. I tire for all this state indigene thing sef! If I pay my taxes in a state (where my papa no be from) and don live there for 5-10 years, who say I no be indigene? Even sef, how many indigenes dey development dem state (even sef, no be Onitsha person dey do all the business ofr Onitsha)! If America do like we dey do for this indigene thing, Jeb Bush & George Bush Jr no for bi governors of 2 different states (Florida & Texas)!
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by eghost247(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2010
We are Getting There grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2010
Yep.  grin grin

Also, folks need to understand that as we speak, there are all sorts of programmes in place to transform many of our major cities to world class status. Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Calabar, Yenagoa, Kano, Enugu, Benin, Warri, and of course, Lagos, I know have all developed some really impressive blueprints for the future, and work has started in all those cities to actualise this, so it's not just on paper.  cool The Nigerian urban environment in the next 10-15 years would be a radically improved one.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by ManofGod3(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2010
The should not only snap d street d constructed for campaign, d should show us how d left d rural (village) areas. This is hypocrisy.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by EFFRAKATA: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2010
This is amazingly beautiful!
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Kenyanstar: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2010
Abuja is kind of OK! But compared to Nairobi, Kenya, really it is far less diminishing to even put it to par with East africas one stop shop. Nairobi is just splendid, Abuja is impressive but still's got a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by babaowo: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2010
mr poster you are best dude of the year,you need go to cape town,joburg, cairo, kenya,tunis,etc
you will clerify your dudeness ,munmun,local dude
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by 190: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2010
what about pictures of

abaji
kubwa
maraba
karu
dutse alaji
Apo

what happened to those pics

most of these pics here are from central area

i smell foul play!!
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by agabaI23(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I believe Cape Town still holds the honor of being Africa's most Beautiful city. Eritrea comes somewhere close to that.

If you make a positive comment about Nigeria, it will not take anything out of you.

I am surprised that after seeing such a beautiful set of pics you could not muster the courage to express your likeness in what you saw which is evident in your comparison. Instead you chose to satisfy your negativity about Nigeria by finding a way to put the city down.
Did the OP claim Abuja is the most beautiful city?
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by micsade(f): 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2010
wow, very beautiful

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Olumogun: 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
Tugbaski:

I love my country i no go lie, for inside am i go live and die, Correct Pics jo

agreed but not with the bold portion grin grin
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Eemah(m): 11:00pm On Oct 28, 2010
Beautiful Nonsense ! Abuja's beauty is a like a pig that has been cleaned up and decorated with gold necklaces and bracelets. The moment you release it, it will surely go back to the gutters.How can we be so proud of Abuja's beauty when less than a 100 kilometers in every radius of the city Nigerians are living in ultimate squalor, without the basic necessities of life. They have only succeeded in making the city comfortable for themselves and if they can have their way they will surely chase away all the commoners who strive to live with them even though where these Nigerians live are a century's civilization away from the main city and coupled with the fact that there are certain things that they can not do for themselves and so they have to rely on these Commoners to do it for them e.g Vulcanizing, driving, security, etc
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by OJ2010: 12:56am On Oct 29, 2010
The posting of this pictures is very timely for me personally. I am resident in Port of Spain, Trinidad and the people here always think that Nigeria and by extension Africa is a village, very dirty based on the images from CNN and BBC. These pictures will come in handy to show that Trinidad and the Carribeans cannot even compare with Nigeria in-terms of developement.
Exactly what i have been looking for!
Thanks poster.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2010
Eemah said:

Beautiful Nonsense ! Abuja's beauty is a like a pig that has been cleaned up and decorated with gold necklaces and bracelets. The moment you release it, it will surely go back to the gutters.How can we be so proud of Abuja's beauty when less than a 100 kilometers in every radius of the city Nigerians are living in ultimate squalor, without the basic necessities of life. They have only succeeded in making the city comfortable for themselves and if they can have their way they will surely chase away all the commoners who strive to live with them even though where these Nigerians live are a century's civilization away from the main city and coupled with the fact that there are certain things that they can not do for themselves and so they have to rely on these Commoners to do it for them e.g Vulcanizing, driving, security, etc

Get this Mr: Abuja is a planned city. The people who live OUTSIDE Abuja are NOT the responsibility of the Nigerian government if you are referring to the homes in which they live. It is NOT the government's job to build houses for drivers, securitymen, cleaners etc who live OUTSIDE Abuja.

YOU, as a loud-mouthed Nigerian who has noticed that there is inadequate housing in surrounding villages should make it YOUR duty to go there, buy land, build proper houses and RENT OUT to the various low skilled workers squatting there. It is an opportunity that  PRIVATE individuals like yourself can take full advantage of and make an excellent profit in the process. It is NOT government's job to build houses for all its citizens. Such a thing happens NOWHERE in the world. So get real, Get off your backside, go out there and contribute YOUR bit, or keep your lips permanently sealed.
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by Pethan: 11:50am On Oct 29, 2010
Yah! the pics are nice smiley smiley
Re: Africa's Most Beautiful City In Pics by tomaagy(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Really Lovely shots I hope u took them urself, not just some images u downloaded from the internet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Sleeping Under A Lorry Crushed In Abakaliki (Graphic Photos) / See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.