Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th (10623 Views)

2015 Africa Corruption Ranking / Nigeria's Worst Corruption Ranking / Nigeria Sinks Deeper In Corruption Ranking-transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by roymary: 1:26am On Oct 28, 2010
Even the WORLD TRIBUNE , Washington DC knows whats going on down here; who says the ranking is not valid?

The corruption of the Nigerian political process is now in full swing: major payments are now being made to each of the delegates of the political parties, particularly the overwhelmingly large ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP), who decide the primary elections which then select the party candidate for the presidential elections in 2011. Moreover, the incumbent President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, is bribing PDP delegates out of Federal Government funds, making most of the party delegates wealthy enough to buy a new home with the bribery funds.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2010/af_nigeria1062_10_27.asp
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by Aussienavy: 2:26am On Oct 28, 2010
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by Ayowumie(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2010
mama-gee:

I was expecting Nigeria to be in the 174-175 rank.

The rank is really shocking.

Me too. An average Nigerian is corrupt everywhere. Moreover, corruption in high places has gone over the brink in recent months. Campaign money flow here and there. PDP nomination form fee sky rocketing beyond what a 'not corrupt' man can afford.
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by crackhouse(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2010
@poster, the caption of the thread is confusing. U said 2010 world corruption ranking and u said Nigeria is the 134th but from the content of the thread, u said it calls for worry. Now, my question is why did u give it that caption and still went ahead to say it's sth to worry about. I thought the most corrupt country suppose to be the 1st in that ranking .
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by 190: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2010
you guys are wailing wait till we shoot back up to 175 outta 175 again

during next year elections

una eye go clear!! angry
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by jalether(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2010
Any list that does not put Nigeria in the 175th slot as the most corrupt country in the world lacks credibility.

I will be hard pressed to name one country that can rival Nigeria in terms of corruption.
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by Solozzo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
it is amazing that some countries are more corrupt than Naija and 43 of them for that matter!!!. Nigeria had become the icon of corruption and fraud the world over. Because our leaders practise bribery, fraud and corruption without shame and go scot free, the public has seen it as the right thing to do. But it is weighing heavily on our development as a nation. I do not see any hope in the change of morality in naija for as long as possible. Other factors fueling corruption is our greed for materialism, our value system based on material acquisition and our high level of selfishness that knows no bounds. Sometimes we behave as if we are the poorest nation on earth whereas the real reason is our greed and imoorality.
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by eewule(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
hackney:

Nigeria is definitely top 5 whether we like it or not.
Even correlating statistical info from naija will be riddled with corruption.

Only bangladesh topped naija in corruption once and for just a fleeting moment and
then naija took it back the next year.
Ever since naija has been the most corrupt.

What countries are truly more corrupt than the naija govt? ?

I absolutely agree, Although on the outside i am proud to see Naija at number 43 instead of the worst country, in truth - we are one of the top 5 most corrupt nations on earth when you consider the acts of our leaders in the recent years. Where else do govt officials join with foreigners to steal from there own country into foreign bank accounts - money that they will never use in 3 lifetimes the ICPC should please tell me, ?
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by MaiSuya(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
The question remains, how reliable are those rankings anyway? From the little I know, it has to more to do with perception than any factual evidence. The problem with perception is that it's very difficult to change, which is why countries at the bottom hardly ever rise more than a point or two, the anti-corruption methods they may put in place notwithstanding.

I remember there was time the body criticised by Okonjo-Iweala, who claimed that the system being used to arrive at the values lack credibility. For instance, at the time Swiss banks were lining their coffers with millions of dollars from Abacha and Co, they were still doing very well on the ranking, just as they've always been and perhaps always will be. . .
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by EzeUche0(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
Corruption is relative. But for some reason, it seems to be very blatant in Nigeria. In the U.S, there is a lot of corruption, but people do not do it out in the open.
Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by seanet02: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2010
Genetically, 90% of Nigerian ARE CORRUPT

Re: 2010 World Corruption Ranking-nigeria Is 134th by tennyalad(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
Lets be sincere with each nigeria is a corrupt country up from top downward, all politicians now invest heavily seeing public offices as stocks and bonds that will pay back once they assume officice.
Although i must acknowledge the statistical error in the compilation but still, Nigeria deserves the ranking she deserves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje / Saraki, Dogara, Melaye Bag Papyrus Magazine Most Outstanding Lawmakers Awards / Illegal Structures: Oyo Govt Talks Tough, Demolishes 5 Shops, Seals Filling Stat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.