Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum (60114 Views)

Treason: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Comments On Obi, Datti / EndSARS: Ezekwesili Reacts To FG's Threat To Sanction CNN / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by derecho(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
bayulll011:

people with this mindset are generally retard.
boycotting the event show a lot of solidarity and send strong message to the government of south africa,why do you people think in this country.
Critical reasoning is a must for all our kids in school please.
You don't need to berate a person simply because he chose to think differently.
I have read virtually all comments until I got to this...
Now, I wonder why everyone expects Oby to react the same way.
What happened is painful and xenophobia shouldn't be encouraged BUT must it be by pulling out of WEF?Let's be tolerant of other people's decision. I understand the FG feels slighted but the same government seldom listen to the masses and truth be told, more than anytime in the recent history of this country, our unity is threatened.It is difficult to demand from your followers what you dont do as a leader.Mind you, most people want to survive and they dont mind going to even that South Africa to farm if they believe it's better to face the "xenophobic" natives than contend with the Herdsmen here.
There's a Yoruba saying that translates to : CUTTING OFF THE HEAD ISN'T THE SOLUTION TO AN HEADACHE.
Take the following scenarios
If before these attacks,you had a business deal in South Africa and fortunately that part is Safe will you pull out because Not doing so is UnPatrotic?
If you are a Pastor/missionary who is billed to attend to an issue and you are safe where you are, you'll cancel the appointment?
What will you do If you are about graduating from one of their Universities in few days time, and you're are safe, withdraw to show your displeasure?
I can go on and on bro...
Summary,
We have different views, priorities and allegiances. A missionary, for example, doesn't think like a diplomat.Some value their tribe more than friendship or even their faith.Some value their career than their marriage.Oby has not said she supports xenophobia but like she said, she has weighed her options. The least we could do for her is respect her view.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by xpool(m): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
spectroscopic:

If you are Igbo and you looted, you should be in jail. You are not a victim of Xenophobia and you did not loot for the victims.Some of the stores you looted are owned by Nigerians. You can protest, organize to close the stores, boycot SA products, picket SA embassy, and not loot. Hungry criminals acting like South Africans
Coward!, hiding in a dark bedroom without electricity.
You will die a coward. I and many well meaning Nigerians and true Biafrrians are forever grateful for those Nigerians who protested against south African xenophobia, in anyway,. They vented their anger and the president of Nigeria was woken up from the sleep he was since 2015.
Guy hide in shame, those uys made sent a message that was loud, necessary sound, focused fruitful
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by FSU: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
xpool:

Coward!, hiding in a dark bedroom without electricity.
You will die a coward. I and many well meaning Nigerians and true Biafrrians are forever grateful for those Nigerians who protested against south African xenophobia, in anyway,. They vented their anger and the president of Nigeria was woken up from the sleep he was since 2015.
Guy hide in shame, those uys made sent a message that was loud, necessary sound, focused fruitful

It is wrong to loot. Like he said there are multiple ways to protest. In the US you will be in jail for looting regardless of the reason. Lekwa ''Onye True Biafrans''. True Igbos like us will not seize an opportunity to become criminals. Obu ndi di ka gi na ele ogwu na South.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by xpool(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
FSU:

It is wrong to loot. Like he said there are multiple ways to protest. In the US you will be in jail for looting regardless of the reason. Lekwa ''Onye True Biafrans''. True Igbos like us will not seize an opportunity to become criminals. Obu ndi di ka gi na ele ogwu na South.
Message has sent, message has been received.
Ebe odogwu no, ka onye ala na ano.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by FSU: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
xpool:

Message has sent, message has been received.
Ebe odogwu no, ka onye ala na ano.

You sound like a stupid noisemaker. In real life you will be pushing barrow at Upper Iweka
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by mercyvivv(f): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
Eyah, madam Oby was so rattled even her tweets were so jumbled...

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by xpool(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
FSU:

You sound like a stupid noisemaker. In real life you will be pushing barrow at Upper Iweka
Is it a sin to be a barrow pusher?
It doesn't make me a half man, I don't beg you for food.. The truth is bitter, grow up.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by derecho(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Working In The Rain (Photos) / Onitsha Tenants 'Sit At Home' With Pepper Soup (Pictures) / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.