Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama (1579 Views)

Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama / Ekiti: MURIC Speaks On Why Fayemi Must Appoint Muslim Cabinet / Segun Oni: "Why Fayemi May Not Win Governorship Election" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by luckier9(m): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, on Thursday, said that governors already attending the World Economic Forum (WEF) in South Africa is not an affront to the decision of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

According to him, those governors and other individuals were already in South Africa before a decision was reached for Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to boycott the WEF due to xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

Briefing State House correspondents in Abuja, he also pointed out that the WEF is an international function, which was not organized by South Africa.“The forum started a long time ago and the governors were already there before our decision was taken”, he said.

According to him, Nigeria only stated a position that its top officials would not be in Capetown to register its protest against the xenophobic attacks.

Some of the Nigerian governors who have gone ahead to attend the World Economic Forum included the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, and Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, and Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State.

Other Nigerians participating at the forum include a former Minister of Education, Obiageli Ezekwesili.

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by GoldChest(m): 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
This government will say one thing and do another thing .

Make dem just tell us sey El rufai and Fayemi go represent Buhari .

3 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by helinues: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
See as how FG is shifting goal post

Where is that Bashir Ahmed?

5 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by NOC1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
GoldChest:
This government will say one thing and do another thing .

Make dem just tell us sey El rufai and Fayemi go represent Buhari .

Go and read, and stop talking he just said that they are there on their own not for Federal Government, that it is an international affair that if you like you mr Goldchest can attend.
Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by GoldChest(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
NOC1:

Go and read, and stop talking he just said that they are there on their own not for Federal Government, that it is an international affair that if you like you mr Goldchest can attend.

Story for the gods

They can only deceive your likes .

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Captainrambo2: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
But when they berated bashir Ahmed of hypocrisy, one of the zombies roaming this forum wore helmet and came out to defend him.

The useless fellow even started telling us he went for Pulitzer award.

What a pity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Captainrambo2: 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
NOC1:

they went on their own and left their states abi? I do not intend to politicise this issue but if they wer pdp governors Bashir Ahmed and lawretta Pinochet would have called pdp in the matter.

While seunmsg will come here talking like he has anything in his brain . The same seunmssg that has been lying through his teeth even swearing, those people did not attend the forum.

I wish those xenophobic people had killed them in south africa since they went on their own. Rubbish

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by mrvitalis(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
NOC1:

Then why was bihari SA attacking OBy

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by dunkem21(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin Slap44 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by dunkem21(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
Captainrambo2:
they went on their own and left their states abi? I do not intend to politicise this issue but if they wer pdp governors Bashir Ahmed and lawretta Pinochet would have called pdp in the matter.

While seunmsg will come here talking like he has anything in his brain . The same seunmssg that has been lying through his teeth even swearing, those people did not attend the forum.

I wish those xenophobic people had killed them in south africa since they went in their own. Rubbish

Nonsense

What Seunmsg does not know is that it was Oby Ezekwesili that exposed El-Rufai and Fayemi cheesy

He went to copy and paste Kadaria's tweet defending her family member. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by dunkem21(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
mrvitalis:

Then why was bihari SA attacking OBy

He will jakpa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Captainrambo2: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
dunkem21:

What Seunmsg does not know is that it was Oby Ezekwesili that exposed El-Rufai and Fayemi cheesy

very very shallow hypocrit

3 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Guzel: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Source less post

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by seunmsg(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Captainrambo2:

I wish those xenophobic people had killed them in south africa since they went on their own. Rubbish

Nonsense

dunkem21:

Not that I owe some of you little minds any response but it is always proper to set the records straight so that you won’t misinform others. Below is a link to a press statement issued by the governor of Ekiti State. The content is exactly what I wrote earlier. My posts are with the best of intentions and not to play sick and dirty politics like you guys do. We are not all liars.

https://www.nairaland.com/5400507/governor-fayemi-denies-attending-world
Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
seunmsg:

Not that I owe some of you little minds any response but it is always proper to set the records straight so that you won’t misinform others. Below is a link to a press statement issued by the governor of Ekiti State. The content is exactly what I wrote earlier. My posts are with the best of intentions and not to play sick and dirty politics like you guys do. We are not all liars.

So the foreign affair minister is lying? cheesy
It's a very hard job grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Iamgrey, what have u to say about this? cheesy
Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by seunmsg(m): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
sassysure:

So the foreign affair minister is lying? cheesy
It's a very hard job grin

You think this is my job? shocked

Instead of calling the foreign affairs minister a liar, start by providing a credible link to back up the story.
Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Its another one!!!
Re: Why Fayemi, El-rufai Are Attending WEF Despite Fg’s Boycott – Onyeama by PHOTSEE(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
seunmsg:

WAS THAT YOUR THEAD, WHY ARE YOU TAKING CREDIT

(1) (Reply)

Projects: Behold The Shear Splendor Of The Port Harcourt Pleasure Park / BREAKING NEWS: Eze Israel Okwu Kanu, Father Of IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead / Osinbajo Writes IGP, Wants ‘false’ Allegations Linking Him To Magu Investigated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.