Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (42866 Views)

Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Busy002: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
A housewife and mother of eight, Mrs Halimatu Salami, has lost her 40-year-old marriage to starving her husband of sex.

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday, granted the husband, Mr Ganiyu Salami, his request for dissolution of the marriage.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the plaintiff, an Islamic cleric, had earlier filed for divorce on the grounds that his wife had denied him his matrimonial right by failing in her conjugal duties.

“My wife, who sleeps, eats my food and drinks my water, has been starving me of sex for 16 years now.

“She will not even allow me to neither touch her nor make love to her,’’ he said.

According to the 59-year-old man, his marriage to Halimatu has been turbulent and fraught with fights and quarrels.

He explained that his did not allow him have peace of mind.

The petitioner alleged that his wife had at a time threatened to kill him.

He said: “Another cleric who lives with me, told me that my wife was after my life; that she gave him charms to put in my food.

“There was a day she wanted to stab me with a broken bottle but for the quick intervention of my friend who entered at that time and collected the bottle from her.”

The husband further alleged that his wife turned their children against him, alleging that she once ordered their first born to beat him up.

“My son beat me up mercilessly and tore my clothes to pieces with my wife’s consent,’’ he said.

The plaintiff said that his wife, Halimatu, gave out their daughters in marriage without his knowledge and consent, saying that he had never met any of his sons-in-law.

He said that his wife was after the property he inherited from his late father.

“My father’s property belongs to me alone. My wife and children cannot inherit my father’s property but can only inherit my own property.

“My wife is fighting to take over my father’s property from me, claiming it belongs to her and the children.

“I later bought a land in her name so that she and the children can have that as their inheritance but she went to the land owners begging them to sell the land and give her the money,’’ he said.

The plaintiff pleaded with the court to terminate the marriage so that he could have peace of mind and live long to enjoy the rest of his life.

The respondent, Halimatu, who consented to the dissolution of their marriage, admitted denying her husband sex.

“I was ill at a time and when I recovered from my illness, my husband refused to sleep with me, claiming I am a mad woman.
“He went and married another woman without my knowledge and when he later wanted to sleep with me, I refused,’’ she said.

The 52-year-old trader said that her husband and their first son had a misunderstanding which made him (son) beat his father.

She, however, denied ordering her son to beat his father.

The respondent also denied an allegation that she gave charm to anyone to kill him, saying she also never attempted to stab her husband with a bottle.

Halimatu further denied the plaintiff’s claim of wanting to sell the land her husband bought for her.

The Court’s President, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, in his judgment, said that it appeared that the estranged husband and wife were tired of the marriage since efforts to reconcile both parties had failed.

“Since both parties consented to the dissolution of their marriage, this court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage.

“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mr Ganiyu Salami and Mrs Halimatu Salami dissolved today,

“Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife. Each of you should go on his or her separate way unmolested. The court wishes both of you well in your future endeavour.

“The custody of the last born, who is 17-year-old is awarded to Halimatu, while Ganiyu must be paying N5, 000 monthly for her feeding and must also be responsible for her education and general welfare.”

The court ordered Ganiyu to pay a severance fee of N250,000 to the respondent for her to move on with her life and to also pay N150,000 for her to secure another accommodation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/mother-of-eight-loses-40-year-marriage-for-denying-husband-sex/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by heisenbergheise(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
First to comment....
Nvr expected it

Just for sex ...after 40 yrs of marriage..there is more to the story..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by chibike69: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Amuocha: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ambode sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Amuluonyenaego: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
ff
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by africandollar: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Like for real? Why deny him now after he’s already harvested the potential out of her lipsrsealed?

6 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by yawehoverall: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ummm it's well

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by momodub: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ovoko
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by meobizy(f): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bullshit. It goes deeper than sex. A lot of men can forego sex to keep their marriage strong especially if the woman proves herself better than many options he’ll come across. That doesn’t mean he won’t get sex outside.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by ArmaniUhuru: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Oga you have been delivered by the court. All thanks to Allah.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by realstars: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
[center][/center]
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
This Igando court and its numerous weird cases

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by BCD2much(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
Seriously Wetin dey this PUNA sef, u give well well(den go say u be nymphomaniac) na divorce, u give small(u dey starve am) na divorce, u no gry give at all(like this bros case) na divorce, e too big(u wan tear am?) na divorce, e too small(I no dey feel anything) na divorce, e too wide(na well? U don do olosho tire) na divorce, e too tight sef(e dey bruise me) na divorce.
When will PUNA and Cassava ever make peace?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by point5: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
This man no wan retire for sex at his age..anyways konji na bastard

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by naijadrivablog: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Some women don't know that after food, sex is a man's elixir.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by ArmaniUhuru: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
point5:
This man no wan retire for sex at his age..anyways konji na bastard

How 59 years old man go retire from sex?

You want make he die?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by skyplustk(f): 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
40 years old marriage and she's 52

15 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by ademightyy: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
She married at age of 12. She is 52 and married 40yrs ago. Smh

16 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by senifade: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
The man was 19 and the woman was 12 when they got married?

13 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by blesskewe(f): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ahhh
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Afonja007: 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
The same people that accused other tribe of waking their parents up with kick grin

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Datingcomrade(f): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Some bloggers jux dey dish out poo as if we no get sense and one yeye mod wey no get sense will like to push the poo down our throat. Smh
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by LordMayor018: 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
what could be the offence of the father that deserves beating from son, such son has already cursed himself... useless generation

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Tocco(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
So they got married to each other at 19 and 12 years old respectively.. Continue..

5 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Mercy2006(f): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
I sense embellishments here and there.But if its true the son beat up his father, there is a big curse on him o.This is alien to Yoruba culture.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Olarewaju89: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Why are you calling Ambode here now? Do you read the story at all? undecided undecided

Amuocha:
Ambode sef angry

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Birniwa(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is definitely not the whole truth.
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by IMASTEX: 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
What a way to say goodbye to once upon a time sweet marriage. Too many stories
Re: Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex by Kendumazy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
Sex issues after eight children. Must they use all their lives to rear children.

New stock arrival! Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts
available for sale. Check link below for more details.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / Which of These Punishments Did You Serve As A Kid? (Photo) / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.