Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo (38155 Views)

I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / Ayade Quit As Cross River Governor, His Deputy Take Over / Bola Tinubu Cut His 67th Birthday Cake With His Wife, Others - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Bakerdav: 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
Denikayan:

Ajimobi was a curse to Oyo State, Nigeria, Africa, Earth and the entire Universe.

i swear to God, u r right
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by HBB1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
kinibigdeal:

You must be an APC member for talking ignorantly. Seyi just completed 100days and you concluded that he has abandoned previous administration project. Did you read the attached tweet at all or you are just paid to hail hypocrisy as usual?

It's only in a messed up third world country as ours that a tiny bridge will be a 'notable' achievement!

They rob us blind and put together a few shoddy things and call them projects?

Ajumose bus?
Remodelling because?
Nikola bridge?

Is that the future they have for our unborn children?

Bastards!
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by mamajj17(f): 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2019
Redted:
which one is the babe

The last Babe in Black Top, at right Hand slde is called CHLOE
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by mamajj17(f): 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Useless people they will come complain and make noise, if u have all the facts and figures, why not go ahead and prosecute him,it's only in Nigeria a governor will loot and the incoming one will never have the guts to arrest and make him give account of contracts awarded and not done,What a useless country, the reason they don't hold there predecessor accountable is because they know they too will take their own share of the National cake before they leave
U said it all my dear, Respect grin
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by colyx1(m): 12:30am On Sep 07, 2019
Dey form saint...... Dem go soon virus you!!!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Tootruthful: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2019
itsme01:
grin

I love how makinde is setting himself up and driving expectations high

If after a year or two and things aint moving forward , oga don buy market be that.

Kano and Oyo state are similar in terms of political temprament... if after few years you dont perform then better pack your load..

He better learn from Ajimobi (except arrogance and disrespect to Kings and rulers) rather than continious allegation and attacks... because ajimobi still holds visible records of highest numbers of projects started and completed like

Ajumose mass transit busses
Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
ringroad palms mall(biggest shoprite in west africa)
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
New and Old markets remodelling
Flood Management
And countless visible projects he left and Seyi has abandoned

Even Akala has many legacy projects all over town like lautech teaching hospitals
and alao akala way, same as Ladoja, Lam and Bola ige who were denied second term

IPOB have started hailing him, i really pray he delivers

Mr. Ajimobi fell out of favor with the churches and mosques because he made them pay taxes. This was unprecedent yet the former governor had good intentions because he used the money for security in the state. Security is an important issue in Nigeria not just for public safety it also ensues smooth running economy.

People lie too much

I don't know the new governor he is young and that's a change because he has youthful energy and it can inspire the youth.

Yet if you are in a position of leadership just keep moving forward no need to point back to alleged pass mishandling.

Ayi awo Kabayesi Sango

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by SlayDaddy(m): 2:41am On Sep 07, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Useless people they will come complain and make noise, if u have all the facts and figures, why not go ahead and prosecute him,it's only in Nigeria a governor will loot and the incoming one will never have the guts to arrest and make him give account of contracts awarded and not done,What a useless country, the reason they don't hold there predecessor accountable is because they know they too will take their own share of the National cake before they leave

How come you are this brainless, someone is pointing out the truth that have been done you keep shouting arresting. A contract has already been carried out already and has been delivered so what shld he be arrested for? Making reference to how they share and even said any body cut in short act in is administration shall not go Scott free them keep your eye on him if he fall victim or not.
Someone reduce previous Adm budget with over 100billion countdown you never appreciate that.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by SlayDaddy(m): 2:54am On Sep 07, 2019
Difrent:

Yet he was going about during campaign condemning the CCTV project only to get into office and change his mind,isnt that hypocrisy? shows he is a typical Nigerian politician
So because he condemn that project during campaign he shld abandon it when he get elected. People like you will say he is still abandoning Ajimobi project because they are not in same party. E leri bu ni iru yin bayiii that is hw Ajirebi abandon Teaching Hospital Ogb.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by plaindealer: 3:49am On Sep 07, 2019
Difrent:

The man they are condemning now was praised to high heavens during his first tenure.......but this Seyi can lie ooo how can you say it's only 10% that is used for project execution and we are seeing all this works and roads done very well, the contractors must be magicians

10% is the new cost of starting and completing projects..

The man is not all that intelligent after all, just like his gullible and unintelligent admirers.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by cooltola(m): 4:02am On Sep 07, 2019
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by plaindealer: 4:14am On Sep 07, 2019
SlayDaddy:

So because he condemn that project during campaign he shld abandon it when he get elected. People like you will say he is still abandoning Ajimobi project because they are not in same party. E leri bu ni iru yin bayiii that is hw Ajirebi abandon Teaching Hospital Ogb.

Makinde also said that during electioneering, he said he would scrap CCTV cameras but that after getting into government, “we changed our minds as scrapping it will be a disservice to the people of Oyo State since the money has already been spent. Rather, we will enhance it so it can be useful to combat criminality.”

He criticized the program and made it a campaign issue, but at the end of the day, he came around to conclude that it can be useful to combat criminality.

This is the most ridiculous and unintelligent admission ever, CCTV serves one basic purpose, security, period. So, this man didn't have this info in his head when he criticized and made it a campaign issue to use against his opponent?

Obviously, they didn't install the cameras for decoration, they put them there to combat criminality.

Duhhh.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by davspog2(m): 4:45am On Sep 07, 2019
itsme01:
grin

If after a year or two and things aint moving forward , oga don buy market be that.

Kano and Oyo state are similar in terms of political temprament... if after few years you dont perform then better pack your load..

He better learn from Ajimobi (except arrogance and disrespect to Kings and rulers) rather than continious allegation and attacks... because ajimobi still holds visible records of highest numbers of projects started and completed like

Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
Flood Management

Even Akala has many legacy projects all over town like lautech teaching hospitals
and alao akala way, same as Ladoja, Lam and Bola ige who were denied second term

GOD bless you my brother, so seyi is telling us with 10 percent, ajimobi completed all those projects? You're even forgetting the road dualization from gate to akobo....let's see what seyi would do with 100 percent

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by F117nighthawk: 5:51am On Sep 07, 2019
SlayDaddy:

How come you are this brainless, someone is pointing out the truth that have been done you keep shouting arresting. A contract has already been carried out already and has been delivered so what shld he be arrested for? Making reference to how they share and even said any body cut in short act in is administration shall not go Scott free them keep your eye on him if he fall victim or not.
Someone reduce previous Adm budget with over 100billion countdown you never appreciate that.
Which truth, stupid fool and mumu, na so una go praise them, idiot, let him spend his 4 years and see if he will not do worse, not surprised you are a Typical Naija mugu, that's the way others came with this noise at the end they do worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by F117nighthawk: 5:53am On Sep 07, 2019
mamajj17:

U said it all my dear, Respect grin
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by tolu24(m): 5:53am On Sep 07, 2019
Houstency:

APC Apologist, have you been a governor before? Are you a contractor? Did you read when he said he was told that was the norm or it was convenient because you're hell bent on discrediting him you didn't catch that? He went as far as reducing the budget by over 80billion, and whise pocket would it have ended? The substance which I'm more focused on, the electorates should enjoy the dividends of democracy which Makinde is doing now, else best we do is criticize.
You don't have to become a governor b4 using common sense , a governor coming out on a state tv because and telling us I was told" ... When we expect facts and figure which are acurate from him... I tell you no matter how you and ur paymaster try to discredit ajimobi he is still the until seyi beat his record.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by moren3310(m): 5:57am On Sep 07, 2019
BizBayo:
Some Nigerians have really adapted to the corruption style of government.. Here is a governor laying good example, yet some people are hoping he coould fall hands at a later time. Shior
I swear, why are people like? So you think everyone is bad?
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Difrent: 6:30am On Sep 07, 2019
SlayDaddy:

So because he condemn that project during campaign he shld abandon it when he get elected. People like you will say he is still abandoning Ajimobi project because they are not in same party. [b]E leri bu ni iru yin bayiii [/b]that is hw Ajirebi abandon Teaching Hospital Ogb.

The bolder just show how daft and stupid you are, I won't curse you back but I will educate you

But people like you will remind us he is a man of his words, that he removed 3000 school fees like he said he would, that he appointed 27 year old youth commissioner etc why then is he not abandoning the CCTV project after condemning it so much during campaign? Goes only to show that Seyi is just like the typical Nigerian politicians that run their mouth during campaign only to change mouth after winning elections. Just like he scammed your likes by claiming the past government was not paying salaries because of corruption only to get there and started shouting that the state is broke and that were he a lender he won't give a cent to the state...... Few days later, his rubber stamp legislators approved 10billion loan for him, your like should ask him questions but since you are so poor mentally and physically you won't ask questions, he has given you 3000 for the year, see how cheap you are. people like you will be saying Buhari has not fulfilled his campaign promises is your governor not doing the same now? Do you know some people voted for him because of those promises? I know you voted for him because you and your fellow poor bastards couldn't afford 3000 per annum for your wards in senior secondary school.
If he decides not to continue ajimobi projects it's not new after all ajimobi didn't continue all Akala projects eg Akala express .

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by RemiOAjayi: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
Flood Management

You did not include Agodi resort. And a whole lot of companies that came to Oyo state. I pray Seyi would be the best in the history of our state because the welfare of our people should be beyond politics.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by oladeebo: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2019
Seyi, what I want you to fight for it's finishion as a project is IKERRE DAM
Oladeebo
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by imolile: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2019
Nigerian Do you know the The government don't care about you?

Do you know they really never cared?

Do you know there is no indigenous Nigerian companies that employ graduates ?
They have by corruption killed the available ones
I will prove it, Why does it take eternity for you to have Constant Electricity? Yet those who become governors have surplus to loot even after leaving

Why is the Nigerian road in Shambles? Yet they come every four years to Beg for your Votes

Why does it take Media outcry for Buhari to respond to the Plights of Nigerians in South Africa

Do you know that Nigerian government is an embarrassment around the world

South Africa have their own Airline
Rwanda Have their own Airline
Botswana Have their own Airline
Namibia, Ghana , Tanzania, Uganda and most other African countries have their Airlines
Do you know that Nigerian Airline died as a result of their corruption

Botswana and all the countries mention Have a singular website with which funds goes to the government coffers
Do you know that the multiplicity of website in Nigeria is an avenue to steal
Police have a website, the Military have a website, Maritime have a Website, Presidency have a website, Senators have separate websites.
so corruption is entrenched in the Nigerian system or Lack of it

The Recent Xenophobia although it is self Hate, Do you know that If the Chairman of the Air Peace Allen Onyema does not volunteer to take Nigeria back, Do you know how embarrassing the situation of not being able to airlift stranded Nigerians is in among Africans most populous country would have been
The Nigerian Government need to experience the Power of the People. We all need to Like the South Africans take our destiny in our hands and chase these idiots out of town.
They cant kill us ALL
If we don't Expect another disgrace from Benin republic and Ghana
The is the right time to Arise Oh Compatriot
We were close to Revolution Last week But we used the energy to fight foreign companies who without them some of our families would not be employed
Our Real enemies is our Government

Finally on our Shame around the world. Try to apply for Visa to Botswana, Nigeria is not on the list of their countries, They dont want Nigeria in Tanzania, they dont want Nigeria in Rwanda and these are countries that are doing well in current African society
The question is Why?
Our Leaders brought us to our heel and shamed us by the unrelenting corruption

If you think Buhari is a President. Think again
We currently have a figure head retiring in Aso rock confused about running a Nation
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Remmyode(m): 8:03am On Sep 07, 2019
So you believe Gov. Seyi Makinde claims on Ajimobi 10% contract sum spending on project and he achieved that much �

You guys can’t stop to amaze me ‘Walahi’

Mrakeli:
Oyo State State Governor, Seyi Makinde has exposed how former Oyo State Governor shared money meant for contract with others, leaving only 10 percent for the execution of the project.

Makinde, in his 100 days chat on Twitter, did not mention the name of the governor, but in the manner he spoke, he was apparently referring to the immediate past Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi.

According to Makinde, he declared his assets because he wanted to be held accountable, saying that what he met on ground was a situation where a project for which money was allocated, got only about 10% of the total funds for execution.

“I declared my assets because I want to be held accountable. What we met on ground is a situation where a project for which money is allocated, gets only about 10% of the total funds for execution. “Because as we were told, 50% goes back to the Governor, 30% to the appointee who allocated the project out of which 10% goes to the Governor’s wife. I have told them anyone who does that now will be brought to book,” he said.

Makinde also said that during electioneering, he said he would scrap CCTV cameras but that after getting into government, “we changed our minds as scrapping it will be a disservice to the people of Oyo State since the money has already been spent. Rather, we will enhance it so it can be useful to combat criminality.”

He also emphasised that good governance is beyond razzmatazz, saying that he rejected a proposal to paint the secretariat, as it might look good to outsiders “but internally, the furniture is bad, the toilets are bad and e-governance is an issue. I would rather do a proper job.

“We sat down with the contractor and he said he needed N350 million to complete it. We gave the N350 million to complete the project and he promised to finish in 4 months. I can tell you, he has resumed work. We will complete good projects commenced by any administration. It’s all for our people.”

He added that good governance transcended politics, saying that any contractor that had been paid for any project would have to finish the work, “so that we can have value for people of Oyo State. Like the silo project, despite spending N1 billion, I was not impressed with what I saw.”

https://www.akelicious.net/exposed-how-former-governor-others-shared-contract-money-seyi-makinde/
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by omooat: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2019
fergie001:

He is simply playing politics like they all are.
All the same, if he publishes nothing will happen.

Hahaha.....you no like am at all....
All I hated from Ajimobi though, was his seeming arrogance, that's all.

Who are you to like or hate how anyone choose to behave. What is arrogance got to do with good, progressive governance
It is becoming clearer by the day that this Makinde Government is sitting duck and it will not achieve tenth of what Ajimobi Government achieved in it's first four years!
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by omokab: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2019
BizBayo:

Let's say he had only castigated the previous administration, I would not have been on his side abit, but as you can see up there, he has done something worthy so far. Brotherly, if this man should start fuckiing up later, I will be part of those that will go against him. For now, the records are still worth it.
I understood your concerns but the way people were hailing him as if he has done something better on just ordinary policy is a concern. Cancellation of school fees in public service was a great thing but not that he has incurred or invested so much on education infrastructure. ' I had a meeting with osun state Governor and others were just a mere talk.
He should jumb to work not publicity talk.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by wingmanII: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2019
F117nighthawk:

Imo governor is accused of vendetta for trying to recover government properties from criminal Rochas.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by fergie001: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2019
omooat:

Who are you to like or hate how anyone choose to behave. What is arrogance got to do with good, progressive governance
It is becoming clearer by the day that this Makinde Government is sitting duck and it will not achieve tenth of what Ajimobi Government achieved in it's first four years!
I am a Nigerian, and they as leaders should serve me so yes, I have a right like you to assess his misdemeanor or otherwise.
Ajimobi, as a Governor should be assessed in anyway possible. Ajimobi as an ex-gov can do whatever he likes, and nobody will care.

Makinde Govt is a 100+ days and you have already surmised he will not achieve one-tenth of Ajimobi's performance.
Now let me ask you a question?
Who are you to decide whether he will achieve what Ajimobi has done in 4 years gone?
Who are you go decide what is good progressive governance?
Define progressive governance?
Is progressive governance also part of been a "constituted authority" that can neither be challenged nor questioned?

Are you not putting the cart before the horse?
Are you God?
Nostradamus?
Do you see the future?
Do you read palms?
How do you know he will be a sitting duck for 4 years?

Are you not doing the same thing, perhaps worse still than you judge me about?

Stay still, drink water, calm down.....take it one step at a time.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by wingmanII: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2019
plaindealer:

10% is the new cost of starting and completing projects..

The man is not all that intelligent after all, just like his gullible and unintelligent admirers.

It means that the projects were inflated 90% to start with.
Slow dummies.
Makinde is more intelligent than all APC governors put together
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by dconsiglere(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2019
Imo State Governor should kindly take a cue from this Governor. Government is a continuum
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by mozzking: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Opreation Burst
cocoa mall
Techu university
road dualisation
mokola bridge
BCOSTV's remodelling
Metro CCTV
Flood Management

i dont think you live in oyo state, most of all this projects of ajimobi you mentioned are very unimportant
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by itsme01: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
mozzking:

i dont think you live in oyo state, most of all this projects of ajimobi you mentioned are very unimportant

This is the part of we yorubas that i hate, what is important project to you? Lets wait and see makinde's projects, but before then all of you would pass on Ajimobi's roads and bridges, enter his ajumose busses and go to Agodi gardens and still act blind to.the projects he funded with Oyo's paltry resources, abi Akala wasn't there before him...
Re: Seyi Makinde: Former Governor, His Wife, Others Shared Contract Money In Oyo by Truthshurts: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Denikayan:

Ajimobi was a curse to Oyo State, Nigeria, Africa, Earth and the entire Universe.

And you open your mouth...without thinking and say this
What position has your generation holds
What blessing have you really achieved
Please be thinking before you talk
Please
He has come and he has left
Let Hod be the judge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGBO Man Supports Buhari For 2019 , States His Reasons - Read / Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area / PDP lost 300,000 votes to card readers failure in Ebonyi - Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.