Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. (7165 Views)

I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / An Opened Letter To The President -elect. By EUROBOMBER / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To IBB In Minna Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by HamidO1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
wyt:

@Ninapha, i am an Igbo, i will write it even publish it in national daily(s) just to guranty the future of our children, if you don't care for yours cool

Thank you my brother.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by eros(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
Wonderful write up. I only hope IBB reads it and get the message, because his heart and mind has being smeared with hot iron that he is blind to reasoning.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by juman(m): 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
GOOD LETTER. IBB SHOULD KNOW THAT ONLY FEW PEOPLE LIKE RAYMOND DOKPESI WILL VOTE FOR HIM。
PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ARGUING ON THE NAME USED BY THE WRITTER OF THE LETTER。 THE CONTENT OF THE LETTER IS GOOD。
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by olson(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
Good Write up. IBB Must be stopped by all cost, the man is the devil in human form.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by kaycrystal(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
olson:

Good Write up. IBB Must be stopped by all cost, the man is the devil in human form.

IBB must be stopped, agreed but we nid to move beyond that and get an action plan, about time we got the wheel of change moving in the right direction,

some have asked what other candidates are better options, but we say even no to IBB at all costs,
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Fan2: 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
i was young when all this happen and greatful for your post.the past do affect the present. ibb remain who he is because same blood in 1985 still flow in him.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by chosen04(f): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
With life expectancy in Nigeria put at 49 years . . . . . . . How can someone in his/her right senses call an OLD MAN OF 34 YEARS ''a young Nigeria?''

I can now understand why 60 years old still claims YOUTH . . . . .Thus, even the PDP, ACN, ACF etc youth wings are made up of my grandfathers age mates
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by hackney(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
@poster

Well written.
unfortunately, nothing gets to our politicians except sickness and death.

IBB is mentally ill and will be swallowed by his evil.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by cap28: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
the mistake many nigerians continue to make is that they think IBB actually has a heart, this is a man who singlehandedly torpedoed the nigerian economy causing untold hardship to millions of nigerians, how could any one with a heart amass huge wealth and at the same time watch while his fellow citizens languished in abject poverty?  It should be obvious to everyone including the writer of that letter that it will take a lot more than writing "heartfelt" letters to derail this man's ambition.  Remember that IBB is a former drug baron, it takes a certain type of ruthlessness to be engaged in such activities. 

Also i dont understand why the writer described his army career as "meritorious" how? which war was he involved in where he was able to demonstrate his military prowess and courage - was it the nigerian biafra civil war ? i hope that isnt the war the writer was praising him for because it should be apparent to the dullest miind that that was more of genocidal attack on the igbos as opposed to a conventional war.  Or is it his involvement in every nigerian coup d'etat to date that the writer was commending him for?
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by akyus(m): 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
@deor03, your are very correct. Just like corruption, tribalism is among the major problems we have in Nigeria. It has become so bad that if a person steals from us, all we want to know is the person's tribe. We let him to go in peace and then begin to attack his region. Politicians know this very well and they are now using this to make us more confused. What makes us so sure that the writer of this letter is not a northerner?
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by akyus(m): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
@deor03, your are very correct. Just like corruption, tribalism is among the major problems we have in Nigeria. It has become so bad that if a person steals from us, all we want to know is the person's tribe. We let him to go in peace and then begin to attack his region. Politicians know this very well and they are now using this to make us more confused. What makes us so sure that the writer of this letter is not a northerner?
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by maasoap(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
Most of the posts on nairaland are usually copy and paste but if someone could sit down, think and write something thoughtful like this, I think he deserves commendation. But as u can see, some people are only interested in d names. Typical morons.

Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Odunnu: 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
If IBB comes back to power, i'l be counted among the 'brain drained exodus'
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by rman: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
I can't believe people will come out and criticize this wonderfull write up.
Some can only see the name while some focused on his age.
He gave specifics that are true and most of the replies fail to recognise that in the post
All what the poster wrote are true and if you are too young to understand please don't just comment

It is so sad that Nairaland has turned into a site for immature minds
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by rman: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
He gave specifics that are true and most of the replies fail to recognise that in the post
All what the poster wrote are true and if you are too young to understand please don't just comment

Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by cap28: 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
rman:

the writer made a comment about IBB's meritorious military career and i keep asking myself which meritorious career, what did he acheive as an army officer other than engaging in the genocide of igbos and being involved in almost every coup d'etat since the 1960's to date, what is so meritorious about that?
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by EzeUche0(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
cap28:

the writer made a comment about IBB's meritorious military career and i keep asking myself which meritorious career, what did he acheive as an army officer other than engaging in the genocide of igbos and being involved in almost every coup d'etat since the 1960's to date, what is so meritorious about that?

That is why I said an Igbo man would not write such nonsense. No Igbo man would commend this "meritorious military career," because it involves the wanton slaughter of our people!
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by andyanders: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
OH MEN, YOU HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING AND SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GUINESS BOOK OF RECORD. IBB HAS DONE MORE EVIL AND I WONDER WHY HE IS NOT ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. IBB IS A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY. HE KILLED HIS BEST FRIEND HE WINES WITH= ABIOLA, VATSA. I HOPE THAT THE SPIRIT OF ABIOLA WILL STRICK IBB DEAD ONE DAY. HE MUST REAP HIS HAND WORK. THE SAME WAY ABIOLA DIED THROUGH POLITICS, SO WILL IBB DIE. WHATEVER WE DO, LIVES WITH US AND NOT AFTER US. DEVIL HAS BROUGHT HIM OUT TO CONTEST FOR 2010 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BECAUSE HE WANTS TO CONSUME HIM.

HE LOST HIS WIFE, INSTEAD OF HIM TO STAY AND MOURN HIS WIFE AND ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS, AT HIS AGE, HE WANTS TO COME BACK TO STEAL MORE BECAUSE A THIEF, IS A THIEF NO MATTER HIS AGE. EVN IF IBB IS 100 YRS, HE WILL STILL BE A THIEF.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Fuup(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
That's the best read have had in a long time!

Not purely negative just stuck to the facts . Thumps up Chukwudi Adepoju

To be honest don't see why any sane person would vote for IBB in Nigeria!
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Skidoc(m): 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
We have some dumbass Igbo boys in the house. What makes you think the guy is even Yoruba or Igbo? He may even be Delta, Urhobo, Tiv, anything!
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by EzeUche0(m): 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
Skidoc:

We have some dumbass Igbo boys in the house. What makes you think the guy is even Yoruba or Igbo? He may even be Delta, Urhobo, Tiv, anything!

The guy signed with an Igbo name dumb dumb. Read before you comment you ignorant little monkey.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Skidoc(m): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^^I see you are one of them. So if he signed with an Igbo/Yoruba name, does that confirm his identity? Ever heard of Pseudo-name? silly Dumb Goat you are!
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by EzeUche0(m): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Skidoc:

^^^I see you are one of them. So if he signed with an Igbo/Yoruba name, does that confirm his identity? Ever heard of Pseudo-name? silly Dumb Goat you are!

Look you hairless ape, that is why we are discussing his name. Try to keep up before you make a comment. Most people believe he is using a pseudo-name and not an Igbo.

Dammmn. . . I wish people could read. Shows the Nigerian education system.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Skidoc(m): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
EzeUche0:

Look you hairless ape, that is why we are discussing his name. Try to keep up before you make a comment. Most people believe he is using a pseudo-name and not an Igbo.

Dammmn. . . I wish people could read. Shows the Nigerian educations system.

Hahaha! You are the one who obviously can't read. Did you even read the post and replies at all? Are you bleeping retarded or something? Do you possess a brain? If you possess one, do you use it? LOL This is what happens when someone dumb tries to defend his fellow dumb friends - epic fail! And BTW, you are contradicting yourself. First you said he signed with an Igbo name now you are agreeing with me that he is using a Pseudo-name. Dummy!
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by ogbongzky(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
Go post this to his campaign page on Facebook if you can,
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by ladygaga(f): 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
lovely lovely lovely letter.i hope he gets to read this
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Hoteph(m): 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
Good Job Bro,

lf IBB have ears let him hear and lf he dont pple should use sign language and tell him
that after Satan he is the next demon that no man wants to be associated with, lf you can
kill ur best friend l wonder what you will not do to ordinary nija man that cross your path.

So, Whomever will vote for IBB come 2011 May oso Abiola happen in his Life, May his business
experience oso Abiola and his loved ones be shattered with a letter bomb and may his life be
annulled like June 12 in Jesus Name,
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by excanny: 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
Let me begin by saying the OP did well with his creativity. Good writing skills in all. Content and intention of writing? I'll reserve my comments.

There are 3 things here about the identity of the OP, and to save all these arguments.

1. That the poster is not the original writer of the article, who happens to go by the name Kunle Alaba

2. The OP is one and the same as kunle alaba

An opened letter by[b] a young
Nigerian[/b] to IBB.
Submitted by kunlealaba

3. That the OP is of Igbo and/or Yoruba heritage as he claimed. In all his posts, he talks a lot about Abia, which could mean either he grew up there or one(both) of his parents is/are from Abia state.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by Obijulius: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
Name experts, pls analyze this name:

GOODLUCK  EBELE  AZIKIWE  JONATHAN

Na British, Igbo, Jew or wetin?
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by ShangoThor(m): 12:44am On Oct 30, 2010
@ Poster, BRAVO for your constructive criticism. Loads of things bug me about IBB:

1. IBB = high ranked soldier = CIVIL SERVANT = Billionaire – how? It does not compute.
2. He refuses to account for the source of his wealth and has not declared the total amount of his wealth.
3. It would be interesting to find out how much he has paid in TAXES since 1986

Simply put, the system should be changed. The ‘BURDEN OF PROOF’ or ONUS should be on the official to prove the source of their wealth in fraud cases. If you actually view IBB’s tv interviews, it feels like he has a constant grin on his face because even he can’t believe that he has been allowed to get away with it. Looting the treasury with impunity and having the audacity to effectively run for a second term under the guise of a ‘Civilian Democratic Administration’ Damn he’s got balls. (n.b. I don’t give a damn about the retards that try to target me for venting these truths)   angry
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by globalsys7: 3:44am On Oct 30, 2010
Whpo ever wrote the letter, I must give a thumbs up, but that's all u'll be getting I'm afraid. 4 it is easy to criticize I.B.B but what is really wrong with nigeria are it's people, the same people that voted for OBJ, watched him rule with a tyrannic nature or the same people who collected bribes all in the name of being powerless to influence the elections anyways, to stop people like I.B.B or OBJ 4rm ever ruling again, we need more than semantic letters, we need to change ourselves one by one, 2 me there is no difference in all our leaders they are all evil minded including GEJ himself.
Re: An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. by steadymind(m): 5:36am On Oct 30, 2010
Babangida knows how messed up the education sector he helped bring down is, he is sure many Nigerians cant think further than their noses, How else would you explain the dumb responses we've seen here.

one of the few sensible people writes a thought provoking piece and voila the dumb ones noticed the name he signed off with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transparency International Disowns Transparency In Nigerian Organisation / This Picture Proves How Powerful And Connected Nnamdi Kanu Is / 2023: LP Adamawa Guber Candidate Fumes, Says There Are Saboteurs In His Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.