Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,070 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers (12886 Views)

Some Receipts Of The $845,000 School Fees Bello Paid For American School / Erosion Sacks Amawbia Community 300 Homes Cut Off 4,000 School Children Out Of S / I Fed 252,000 School Pupils With N10 Billion -Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by udoka2013: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
Davash222:
Good one.

But he should not employ Ogbomoso teachers. These ones teaches Mathematics with Yoruba language.
Who be this one again?
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Wolexyoshi(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mynd44:

UN studies have actually shown that students are more likely to pick up if the teacher speaks their home language. If a teacher with a large population of Tiv students teaches Physics in Tiv, more students are likely to understand and pass.

English is just one language not a universal language. What language do you think they teach Maths in in China?

Free your mind

Please tell him oooo. My English teacher way back in my Junior High School at Isolo High School, Mrs Omodunbi always add Yoruba to her teachings then and we enjoyed it. We all had good grades in our English language way back.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mynd44:

UN studies have actually shown that students are more likely to pick up if the teacher speaks their home language. If a teacher with a large population of Tiv students teaches Physics in Tiv, more students are likely to understand and pass.

English is just one language not a universal language. What language do you think they teach Maths in in China?

Free your mind
u de mind them...india has over 20 official languages including English which they also use in teaching in schools... why can't Nigeria adopt such...yoruba is generic in west Ibo in east... Hausa in some northern states... in places like benue tiv and idoma can be used as language of instructions...in edo State Afemai is predominant in auchi agenebode fugar and yet students cant offer Afemai as a indigenous language in school...it's high time we know that English Is just a language...lets develop ours... china uses more of mandarin... I do hope they ll consider some hard working npower faithful in schools San wolu should reserve some percentage for npower guys and even if some don't have education background they should be encouraged to do such

4 Likes

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2019
I hope they give npower teach guys some chance to come into the system fully especially those who are hardworking in some primary and secondary schools...

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by tech18: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mynd44:

Free your mind
truetalk
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Venlo2020(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
development ....eko
oni baje alagbara olorun smiley[/quote]

Lagbara Olorun. Not alagbara olorun
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by XaintJoel20: 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
He should start by absorbing Npower Teach beneficiaries in Lagos state.
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by wyqay: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
We thank God
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by b03liberty(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
PureFace1:
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Friday said about 10,000 to 15,000 primary and secondary schools teachers would be employed by the state government to ensure adequate and efficient learning and teaching in schools.

Sanwo-Olu said this had become important to ensure that Lagos pupils had the best of education and provide the state with the right human resources in the future.

The Governor revealed this, while giving account of his 100 days in office.

Sanwo-Olu detailed projects and programmes executed since he was sworn-in as governor, maintaining that he was committed and unshaken about the promises he made during the electioneering process.

He said said among other things, 50 locations in Lagos now enjoyed free-wifi while the partnership that gave birth to LAKE Rice would continue.

Sanwo-Olu added that over 20 million units of waste bags had been produced for distribution so that residents could bag and sort their waste appropriately.

He promised that 40 million units of waste bags would be produced in the coming weeks, adding that his administration was not about excuses but finding solutions to problems and challenges confronting residents and the state.

The governor assured that the Oshodi-Abule-Egba BRT lane would be completed before the end of the year while the school feeding programme meant for primary school pupils would kick off soon.

On erratic power supply, Sanwo-Olu said about 20,000 pre-paid meters would be procured while discussions were on with DISCOS and a power firm on how to increase power supply through embedded power.

Sanwo-Olu said that his government would be leveraging on private sector partnership and funding to execute programme and projects, stating that partnership with the private sector was critical as it controlled about 80 per cent of Lagos Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

The governor further said to increase fund to execute programmes and projects, the state hoped to bring in about 2 million non-tax paying residents into the tax net, saying that to increase the state’ Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), there would be no increase in tax rate paid by residents and businesses.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/09/06/100-days-in-office-sanwo-olu-to-employ-15000-school-teachers/

Why is it to... And not has
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by fishjam: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Davash222:
Good one.

But he should not employ Ogbomoso teachers. These ones teaches Mathematics with Yoruba language.

This is the best way of teaching.. Case study of China, Germany, e.t.c
I was taught English language with yoruba backbin 2006 and i made A1

2 Likes

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by SIRTee15: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Davash222:
Good one.

See another educated illiterate...

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by LilychiLily001: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Check out my signature
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by oladele239(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ambode had one pending before he left.... Where's the result of that recruitment exercise
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Olufetty: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
How much will b basic salary for secondary school teachers........ Any idea
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
Here is me scrolling down to see if the minimum wage a was mentioned in thepost,but alas-i no see anything
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Bakerdav: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
Na WA for all this governors o, is it only teachers in d state5, Wat if all d ministry, there are enough of vancany in the ministries, they will not employed in ministry, only teachers
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by banji1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Education sector still the highest employer of labour in Nigeria.
Meanwhile...

*Free Lesson Notes for all School Teachers and Students*

Are you a student and you missed a class? Or you are a teacher and you don’t have all the time to write your students lesson notes all day all night? Thank goodness you are in the right place.

Get full access to well written and carefully sorted class notes that are frequently updated to meet your needs wherever and whenever you need them.

Check my signature for details.
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Opiletool(m): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mynd44:

Free your mind

Professor Fafunwa (from University of Ife I think), was the first Nigerian educationist to fiercely advocated it after he carried out an experiment on it.
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by Adekaka12345: 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2019
Davash222:
Good one.

You are a fool. Couldn't even type good English.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by naijacentric(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
traihit:

It's not even about UN report alone. Babs Fafunwa conducted an experiment at OAU in the 80s teaching students subjects in Yoruba language. At the end of six years, they were better than their peers who were taught using English as medium of instruction.
We just need to loom inwards. English is only useful in a wider communication level but at the bottom of knowledge, the mother-tongue is the best.
but sir how come fg was not interested in fafunwa's research is it because of the British. Because i know if it happens dey would lose greatly.
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by eniorisha(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
Excuse me, who know if an education inclined-graduate but without TRCN certificate can be considered for recruitment as public sch teacher?
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by eniorisha(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
On d suggestn to introduce local langs as a means of instructn in our schools; as a semi linguist, it's easier to suggest but highly difficult to implement, enforced & sustain it. No properly-schooled one will compare Indian, German, & Chinese linguistic atmospheres with dt of Nigeria. These countries have a nationalized indigenous lang which make it easy to apply such system in their respectv countries. Nigeria does not av a nationalized local lang. Till we get dt, the outcome of Prof Fafunwa research on d most suitable & effectv lang of instructn remains unimplementable. There are other reasons, but i can't type long essay as i'm typing with a small button phone.
Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by wechat1: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2019
ordinary people uses 60 days build entire country with standard Facilities that generate works to masses.and you are telling us the a governor employ 15k teachers in 100days,the money only lagos state generate can build schools,companys roads and employ millions of peoples to work under 100days...nigeria is completely shit hole..donald trump is right

Re: 100 Days In Office: Sanwo-Olu To Employ 15,000 School Teachers by SIRTee15: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
eniorisha:
On d suggestn to introduce local langs as a means of instructn in our schools; as a semi linguist, it's easier to suggest but highly difficult to implement, enforced & sustain it. No properly-schooled one will compare Indian, German, & Chinese linguistic atmospheres with dt of Nigeria. These countries have a nationalized indigenous lang which make it easy to apply such system in their respectv countries. Nigeria does not av a nationalized local lang. Till we get dt, the outcome of Prof Fafunwa research on d most suitable & effectv lang of instructn remains unimplementable. There are other reasons, but i can't type long essay as i'm typing with a small button phone.

No need for a national indigenous language...
Medium of instruction in southwest can be Yoruba...
Ditto for other regions with their respective native language....
There's is no national language in india either....
Each region uses its own regional language as medium of instruction in schools....
Yet those guys rule the tech and pharceutical industry even in USA and uk...
What i don't understand why even so called educated elites think this is impossible......
Something that was practiced in the past and proved very successful....
My dad and his generation were taught with Yoruba in the 60s...
Teachers wrote ISIRO on the blackboard when its time for maths lesson....
Yet he graduated with 1st class in mathematics from university of ibadan....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Defections: PDP May Become An Empty Shell Before 2023 Elections – Femi Adesina / Peter Obi Phones Are Not Missing, Disregard The Fake News —Obidatti Campaign / An Open Letter To Jonathan & Buhari By Akinyemi: Warns Them Against Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.