Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

"The Assistant" A Story By AK86 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 (19548 Views)

+18 Story: The Assistant Girlfriend / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Ak86(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
"Please stop," I whimpered.

Adrian's laughs slowly died down as another smirk formed on his plump lips. "Stop what, Shortcake?" he asked with an innocent look, before pretending to adjust his position and purposely shaking the carriage in the process.

"Adrian!" I snapped, just as the entire ride began to move.

"OH! Did you mean this?" he asked, before shaking the carriage roughly while laughing.

"ADRIAN, STOP!" I shouted in fright, clutching onto the bars of the carriage with my eyes squeezed shut.

I began muttering the words to 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star' before I felt the carriage stop moving.

My eyes popped open and landed on Adrian's amused smirk. "What," he began slowly, "Were you just singing?"

"Shut up," I snapped, glaring at him.

"Now, now Shortcake. That is no way to treat your soon-to-be husband. I might 'accidentally' have a seizure in here while we're up high."

“Please don’t,” I begged desperately. The ride began to move continuously and I closed my eyes and clutched onto the cool metal bars again.

“Just open your eyes and enjoy the view, Emily,” Adrian told me gently. “There’s nothing to be scared of. I’m here with you if anything happens.” I opened one eye and looked over to find him giving me a reassuring smile.

Slowly, I began opening my other eye and turned my head over to look out of the small carriage.

And I saw New York.

Every single light twinkled brightly, creating an illuminating blur and bringing the city to life. “Wow,” I breathed, pressing my face up against the cool bars.

“Beautiful, isn’t it? Just like someone on this carriage,” Adrian murmured. I looked away from the view and turned to him with a smile on my face. “I was talking about myself Shortcake, not you. Don’t get too excited there,” he pointed out with a smirk once he saw my expression. My smile instantly dropped as I glared at him. “Asshole,” I grumbled under my breath.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” Adrian asked with a raised eyebrow, smirking.

“I said asshole,” I responded boldly, smirking back.

“Oh really?” He began, before he began to shake the carriage again. I squealed in fright and instantly began gripping onto the white bars like my life depended on it before he spoke again. “What were you saying again?” he asked, shaking the carriage even more.

“I’m sorry!” I shrieked, giving him a desperate look.

“Hmm. I don’t think sorry is going to cut it this time, Shortcake. Express your feelings to me.” He winked.

“What? No way!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening at his suggestion.

“I didn’t mean sex! But if that’s what you want-”

“No!”

Adrian’s hands shot up in defense. “Okay, Shortcake. No need to get aggressive. But tell me you love me.”

“You already know I do.” I scowled, glaring at him.

His eyebrows shot up at my response before a smug smile made its way to his lips, and he began to shake the carriage again.

“Okay, okay Fine!” I exclaimed, shutting my eyes tightly. “I love you!”

“You didn’t say it loud enough. Scream it out for the world to hear,” Adrian ordered cheerfully.

“Why are you being even more annoying than usual right now?” I snapped.

The carriage began to shake again and I squealed in fright. “OKAY! I LOVE YOU!” I shouted in panic. The carriage stopped shaking then, and my eyes snapped open to find that the entire ride had stopped moving.

Adrian was grinning from ear to ear as I realised that the entire population of the waiting line, along with the operating crew of the ride, had heard me scream out my love for him.

“Aw Shortcake. You’re too nice,” Adrian replied once he noticed my face begin to resemble the colour of a tomato.

“I hate you so much,” I grumbled in mortification once we got off the small carriage. Couples of all ages were staring at us both with small smiles on their faces, making my face go even redder than it was.

“I’ve got witnesses that can state otherwise.” Adrian smirked.

“Go away.” I scowled, trying to walk away from him as fast as I could manage in heels.

Adrian chuckled before I heard his footsteps catch up to mine quickly. “If it makes you feel any better, I love you as well?”

“I want food,” I grumbled, ignoring his statement.

Adrian chuckled in response before wrapping an arm around my waist and placing a kiss on my lips. “Okay, we’ll have dinner. Go home. Have sex. Sound good?” He grinned.

“You’re not getting any tonight,” I growled, glaring up at him.

“Oh, come on! I was just joking!”

I smiled. “Too bad.”

He began grumbling under his breath as we made our way back to the car park and I smiled smugly in response.
“Excuse me, Sir, I think you’ve missed the restaurant we were supposed to go to,” I told the driver with a frown.

“No Miss, Mr. Walter said there has been a change of location. I am taking you to that location.” The driver fell silent after that, and I looked down at my lap in panic.

I grabbed my phone in a rush and quickly found Adrian’s contact name. There has been a change of plans. He’s taking me to a different restaurant! I’ll let you know which one it is as soon as I can.

I hit the send button almost instantly and looked out the window in an attempt to familiarize myself with my surroundings. The street was foreign to my eyes; I had never been in an area that looked like this before. The car stopped shortly after that, and I looked out to see a small Italian restaurant.

David Walter was already seated on one of the window seats when I walked in, and the same sickening smile crawled its way onto his face once I arrived at the table.

“Emily Johnson. So lovely to see you again.”

“I don’t eat Italian,” I replied bluntly, keeping my face blank.

“Yes well, under the circumstances you’re going to have to eat Italian.” His face hardened momentarily before he gestured to the chair across from him. “Have a seat, Emily.” He smiled, before waving a waiter to come over with the menus.

“Circumstances?” I asked, frowning slightly in curiosity.

His face hardened again. “Yes. A little birdy told me you told Adrian about our little date tonight. Bad move. I had to make do with what I knew would be an isolated location.”

“Your ‘little birdy’ is wrong. I haven’t told him about any of these dinners,” I emphasized, not liking the fact that he referred to tonight as a date.

David smiled coldly just as the waiter reached our table and placed the menus in front of us. “What can I get you two to start off with?”

“I’ll have a scotch on the rocks,” David replied while he scanned the menu.

“Water please.” I smiled, before picking up my own menu

“You’re really beautiful,” the waiter spoke up. I cringed at the thought of the waiter complimenting David Walter’s appearance before looking up and realising that he was speaking to me.

“Oh, thank you,” I replied, giving him another tight smile.

“So who is he? Your brother? You guys don’t look the same,” The waiter responded.

I looked over to David Walter blankly. “No, thank God. He is just a pestering man I have to deal with until he grows up and stops taking a woman who is already spoken for out to dinners.” I looked at David as I said the words, hoping he’d take the hint.

A whistle sounded from the waiter, breaking our eye contact. “You don’t sound very happy about being with him. Would you like to come home with me?” he suggested. “I get off in 5 minutes.”

“Yes, I’m sure you can’t last any longer. I want a new waiter,” David stated, giving the man a look.

“Since we’re all putting what we want out there,” I said, “I want to go home. Oh! And I want these stupid, boring dinners to stop and I want you to stop blackmailing me.”

David laughed and turned to me again. “That’s not going to happen any time soon, sweet cheeks.”

I opened my mouth to respond before my phone began to buzz on the table. Adrian’s pouting face appeared on the screen and I answered it immediately. “Hello?”

“Play along, Shortcake,” he said a breath before he roared, “WHERE THE Bleep ARE YOU?!” My eyes briefly flickered over to David, whose eyebrows shot up in surprise.

“I- I’m at Amy’s hous-”

“NO YOU’RE NOT. I’M WITH AMY RIGHT NOW. WHERE THE Bleep ARE YOU?” he asked again. His voice became louder with every word, and I looked over to David Walter as a thought came to mind.

What do I say? I mouthed to him, trying to look panicked.

Tell him you’re on your way home, he responded, before making a ‘cancel’ gesture to the waiter.

“I’m on my way home,” I responded, trying to sound nervous.

“OH YEAH? OKAY, I’M COMING HOME NOW THEN. WE’LL SEE IF YOU’RE LYING OR NOT,” he barked through the phone, before the line went dead.

“Hmm. Maybe my little birdy was in fact wrong after all. We’ll have to do this another time, then. We wouldn’t want the big bad wolf catching us on our little dates now, would we?” David Walter spoke up, getting out of his chair.

I didn’t respond, and just walked out of the restaurant and got back into the same car that brought me here.

“Take me back home,” I mumbled, before sending a quick text to Adrian:

Thank you for that. On my way home now.
“Who else did you tell other than me?” Adrian asked angrily, pacing around our bedroom.

“No one! Just Amy and Rita! But they wouldn’t tell him!” I exclaimed in their defense. It was true; once Amy and Rita found out about the fact that Adrian had a plan against David, they jumped at the chance of being a part of it to take him down. “The only people that I told were my security and Allen, and none of them would have told either,” he growled in response.

I thought back to earlier today during the meeting, and gasped after a few moments of putting things together in my mind. “I think it was Anna,” I mumbled softly, looking down at my bare thighs sadly.

“Who the Bleep is Anna? Did you tell her as well?!” Adrian snapped, glaring at me.

I got out of my seated position on the bed and walked over to him to stop him from pacing. “Get in bed, and then I’ll tell you my theory.”

With a frustrated sigh, Adrian climbed into bed, before pulling me in so that I landed on top of him with a squeak. “Speak,” he snapped, before placing a kiss on my lips.

“In this position?” I asked, blushing slightly at the fact that I was on top of him with no pants on.

“Yes.” He smirked.

I glared at his lips for a few moments before sighing in defeat. “Okay, remember Anna? The girl from marketing that I told you about. She apologised to me for being a bitch? Well, she apologised around the same time David Walter began blackmailing me, and tonight, he kept using ‘little bird’ like he had a spy of some sort.”

“And you think its Anna,” Adrian finished as his eyes narrowed slightly. “Yes. Don’t you remember today during the big meeting, how we were speaking about the restaurant? Anna walked in to tell us something at that moment! I remember the door wasn’t completely closed, so what if she was eavesdropping on our conversation and then went and told David about you knowing about the dinner?” I asked, biting my lip in thought.

“Bleep.” Adrian groaned. “She better pray to whatever she believes in that I show her some sympathy on Monday when I fire her sorry ass,” he growled.

“No, you can’t!” I exclaimed while accidentally elbowing his chest. “Sorry.” I smiled sheepishly, before kissing the place I elbowed him.

Adrian smirked before pecking my nose. “I am actually so whipped over you, it’s indescribable. Why can’t I fire her?”

I blushed at his words before continuing. “Well, for one. This is just a theory, it may not be true! And secondly, what if it is true? If you fire her, David would get suspicious and eventually figure out the fact that I’ve basically told you everything involving him and our encounters. God knows what he’ll do, Adrian. I can’t risk that.”

Adrian looked away in thought, before his jaw clenched. “You’re right. Fine, we won’t do anything for now until the next time he wants to interact with you. Come on, let’s get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow.”

“We do?” I asked, frowning curiously. “What’s happening tomorrow?” Adrian smirked as he waggled his eyebrows suggestively, and I laughed before slapping his bare chest. “Perv.”

“I’m a man. It’s only in my nature to react to something so beautiful the way I do,” Adrian replied as his smirk grew wider.

“What do you mean by-” He began to shift from underneath me, and I instantly groaned and rolled off him. “Idiot.” I scowled, blushing.

Adrian chuckled and pulled me into him again just as he reached over and turned off the lamp beside him.

“Goodnight,” he mumbled, clumsily placing a kiss on my eyelid.

I laughed in response before cuddling into him with a light smile on my face.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Ak86(m): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Chapter Twenty-six

“Another freaking event?” Amy exclaimed while opening up her laptop. ”Seriously, does this guy have nothing else to do?!”

“Aims! It’s not like he does it for himself. He actually hates that stuff; he just needs to do it to keep the name of the business strong. Plus, I haven’t gotten to the good part yet.”  I grinned.

“What is it? Hot male strippers are going to be there and I’m going to miss out yet again?” She pouted.

“You- What? Why would there be male strippers at a formal dinner?” I laughed. “No, that’s not it. You’re invited this time! But,” I warned, “you’re not allowed to speak to anyone you don’t know because you’re not even supposed to be there if you’re not a part of a corporation.”

Amy laughed humorlessly. “You don’t need to make me feel better about being a rejected loser while my best friend is a socialite.” She groaned, before her fingers flew across the keyboard.

“I’m being serious! Adrian even gave you $2,000 for you to buy a dress.” I reached over to take my wallet out of my handbag, and took out the thick stack of money and handed it over to her.

Once Amy’s eyes landed on the stack of green notes, her blue eyes popped out of their sockets. “Bleep off.” She breathed, before looking up at me in disbelief. “Are you fucking with me, Emily?” She scowled.

“No you idiot! Would I really casually carry $2,000 in my bag?” I asked her with a pointed look.

“I’m in love with your boyfriend.” She sighed as a grin made its way to her lips.

“I’m the one who spent all night begging him to let you come,” I grumbled under my breath, glaring at her.

Amy’s grin – is possible – grew wider as she waggled her eyebrows. “All night, eh? No wonder he was so generous with the amount of money.”

She snickered once I threw a pillow in her direction. “Not like that!” I exclaimed. “Yes like that. You have that after-sex face on today. Don’t think you can hide it from me.” Amy smirked, before taking a bite of the chocolate bar beside her.

“No I don’t,” I responded, blushing slightly.

“Shut up. How fancy is this thing?” she asked, looking away from her laptop screen. “Is it like last time?”

I nodded and shuffled closer towards her to get a look at the dresses she was going through. “I’m surprised you’re still focusing on my dress when I just gave you $2,000 and told you that you’re invited to one of these things,” I pointed out in amusement.

She scoffed. “Please, I’ve had my outfit planned for this day ever since you met Mr. Sexypants; he’s just provided me with the funds to make this outfit actually happen.” She falsely grinned at me before averting her attention back to the laptop screen. “Now… I was thinking something along the lines of gold…” She trailed off to herself.

My phone rang then, and I answered it immediately. “Save me,” I begged Adrian, who chuckled through the speaker.

“You sure seem to do a lot of begging lately, Shortcake.”

I was already envisioning his usual arrogant smirk as he spoke those words, and glared at Amy’s small television across from me. “Shut up. What do you want?” I asked, trying to avoid the subject.

“Were you serious about me saving you?” he asked in a concerned tone. “Do you want me to come and pick you up?” “DON’T LISTEN TO HER, ADRIAN!” Amy suddenly screamed out. “SHE JUST DOESN’T WANT TO ACT LIKE A GIRL FOR A FEW HOURS!”

I turned around in horror. “You can hear him?”

“Duh, and he proved me right! You did have begging sex last night!” She burst into a fit of laughter, tossing her laptop carelessly to the side in the process.

Adrian chuckled in my ear, and I groaned in mortification. “You shouldn’t be embarrassed about our lovemaking, Shortcake-”

“Okay I’m going to stop you right there and hope to God that there is an actual point to this phone call or else I’m hanging up,” I warned, throwing a glare at Amy, who was still laughing.

“Yes, there is a point to this phone call.” His voice suddenly turned serious, and I frowned at the brown pillow in my lap.

“What is it?”

“Good news or bad news first?” he asked.

My frown deepened and I bit my lip. “Bad news.”

“Okay.” He let out a breath before speaking up again. “Well… the bad news is that I have a boner thinking about you.”

My frown instantly flattened. “Adrian”- “But the good news is,” he interrupted, “You’re in love with me, and you’re willing to come and get rid of it!”

“Idiot.” I hung up in his face.

“I’d never thought I’d see the day where I’d be jealous of your relationship, of all people,” Amy scoffed, before pouting at me.

I raised an eyebrow as a sly smile made its way to my lips. “Why Amy, how ever could you be jealous of Adrian and me when you’ve got the perfect relationship with my brother? Oh wait, that’s all in your mind.”

“GET OUT MY HOUSE.”

I burst into a fit of laughter and dodged the pillow she launched in my direction, before taking back my original seat on the sofa.

“I’m serious.” Amy glared. “Leave. You distract me too much and you need this dress by the weekend. Plus, I hate you right now.”

“Aw, Aims.” I pretended to be affected by her words and pouted in her direction. “Do you-” I got cut off by my phone shrilling to life again.

I gave Amy a flat look before answering in the same fashion. “Adrian.”

“Shortcake, I need you to get to the office immediately. We need to sort out a large financial error that just occurred in one of the hotels in London.” There was no humour in his tone, and my expression sobered up immediately. “I’ll be there in 20 minutes,” I murmured in reply while packing my handbag.

Adrian hung up after that, and Amy looked up at me. “Have my prayers been answered?”

I glared and pulled my tongue out at her grinning expression. “There’s an emergency at the office, I have to go. Thank you so much for doing this.”

“’An emergency,’” Amy smirked. “Right.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I slung my handbag over my shoulder. “I’m being serious. Some financial thing that just happened in a hotel in London. I’ll text you later!” I called out to her before closing the door shut behind me.
“Damn. I’m pretty sure I’m ready to give you the D now, Emily.” A familiar voice said from behind me.

A large grin spread across my face before I turned around and pulled Allen into a hug, laughing into his shoulder. “You’re a stupid head. If Adrian hears you say that-”

“Say what?” Adrian asked, appearing beside us.

“That I’m going to give her the D,” Allen replied with an arrogant grin, pulling away from our hug.

Adrian’s jaw clenched at the same time his fists did, and I instantly rushed to his side. “He’s kidding.” I laughed, sending a playful glare in Allen’s direction.

He grinned childishly before speaking up again. “In all honestly now Em, you look absolutely incredible. I had to physically wipe drool off my face before talking to you. Look!” Allen’s arm suddenly shot out as he pointed to a dark grey spot on his light grey suit sleeve with wide eyes.

“Ew, Allen!” I laughed, shoving his hand away. “Thank you. You don’t look too bad yourself.” I winked.

“But I look better, of course,” Adrian spoke up, glaring down at me.

I tapped my chin and pretended to think about it. “Hmm. I’m not so sure…”

Adrian’s glare intensified and I broke out into a smile, instantly making his expression soften. “You’re going to pay for that tonight.”

I raised an eyebrow before bringing my lips to his ear. “I can’t wait.”

Allen groaned in front of us, cutting off the small exchange between Adrian and me. “I’d never thought I’d see the day where I’d want to kill my best friend just to have his girl.”

“That’ll never happen, mate.” Adrian smirked, but tightened his arm around my waist. “I’m stronger than you are; we both know that for a fact.”

“Ugh, I think I’m already too drunk to function.” Amy’s voice sounded from behind us. “Seriously? I didn’t think these events would be so boring. They looked so much cooler in the magazines and stuff.” She scoffed, before taking another gulp of her red wine.

“Amy, take it easy on the liquor, okay?” I warned with an amused expression. “Remember this event is for the business; and there’s someone coming tonight that you’d want to be sober around.”

“There is literally no one in this world that I would want to be sober for at this stupid thing,” she grumbled, before walking off.

“You invited your brother? Dammit, I was hoping to get some from her tonight.” Allen cursed to himself, making my gaze drag away from my best friend to give the man a look of disbelief.

“Did you pay Rita once she finished your hair?” Adrian asked, ignoring Allen’s comment.

“Yes, she was so nervous about tonight for me. I have no idea why.” A small frown appeared on my face as I bit my lip at Rita’s nervous behaviour earlier this evening.

Adrian grunted. “Who cares. As long as you-”

“Smelly Emily. You look amazing tonight, little sis.” I turned around to find a smiling Blake walking over to us, looking dapper in a navy coloured suit.

“Blake!” I grinned, wriggling out of Adrian’s grip and pulling my brother into a bone crushing hug. “Thank you so much for coming.”

“Anything for you, little sis.” Blake smirked. I glared up at him. “I prefer Smelly Emily.”

Blake just shrugged in response, still smirking, to my annoyance.

“Oh!” I suddenly remembered, turning to Allen. “Blake, this is Allen, Adrian’s best friend. Allen, this is my brother Blake.”

“Hey man, it’s nice to meet you.” Allen smiled, holding a hand out for Blake to shake.

Blake’s eyes narrowed in Allen’s direction before he cautiously took his hand and shook it slowly. “Let’s talk, Allen.”

“Wait, Blake-” I didn’t bother finishing my sentence because Blake was already dragging Allen away from Adrian and me. “He’s going to give him a lecture,” I sighed, cringing at their retreating figures.

Adrian smirked before snaking his arm around my waist again. “Good. At least now we can have some time alone.”

He bent down and placed a lingering kiss on my lips, and I kissed back immediately before pulling away. “As much as I’d love for this to continue, you actually have investors to talk to. That’s the reason this thing was hosted in the first place, remember?” I grinned, before wiping my thumb across his lips to get rid of the red lipstick that was transferred.

Adrian groaned and placed his forehead at the crook of my neck. “I hate everyone.”

“You sound like a whiny teenager.” I laughed, pushing his head off gently. “Come on, go charm them to a stupor.” I smiled while fixing his tie.

“I love you,” he mumbled, before pecking my cheek and walking away. I watched as he stopped at a small group of men and women not far from where we were standing, and he plastered on a smile as he began shaking their hands and nodding.

“You guys are the cutest,” I heard a female voice sigh.

I turned around in confusion and found Anna standing behind me with a smile on her face and a glass of white wine gripped tightly by both hands.

“Thank you.” I smiled. “You look really nice!” I complimented, observing her black cocktail dress and royal blue high heels.

“Are you kidding me? Nothing compares to how you look tonight,” she gushed, freeing one hand from the glass and motioning at my dress. “You’re literally distracting everyone with your beauty and your laugh. Seriously, I’ve seen so many people around you look at you while someone is talking to them, or they’re talking to someone. You look amazing!”

I blushed and nervously looked around the room briefly; noticing the small looks she pointed out, before smiling slightly. “Thank you.” An all too familiar light blue dress caught my attention, and I sighed before looking back at Anna. “I’m really sorry, I’ve just spotted something I need to take care of… I’ll find you later and we’ll talk more?” “It’s fine! I understand, you have to run around a lot since it’s your boss and your boyfriend’s event. I’ll see you around.” She smiled.

I nodded briefly and instantly made my way over to where Amy was now blinking into a worried looking man’s face.

“I’m so sorry, she tends to observe people a bit too closely to know what to write about when we ask about how the night went.” I smiled sheepishly at the man before grabbing a hold of Amy’s left arm. “Thank you for coming tonight. Enjoy the rest of your evening.”

I dragged Amy off to the ladies’ room.

“Amy! What did I warn you about when I told you about this event?! This is serious! Pull yourself together!” I stressed, fixing her flattening curls.

“Why couldn’t Rita do my hair?” she grumbled with a pout. “Yours looks so pretty. So does your dress. So do you.”

“Amy,” I growled, beginning to lose my patience.

“What?” She whined.

“Sober up and pull yourself together,” I snapped. “I’m going to get you a glass of water, and then I’m giving you to Blake.”

She instantly straightened up. “Blake’s here? Oh my God… I mean, no! I don’t want to go to Blake.” She attempted to glare, but failed from her eyes still being wide with surprise and admiration. I smirked before dragging her out. “I’m sure you don’t. Come on, let’s get you some water.” I led her to the bar. Amy began to sip on the glass of water put in front of her just as Blake and Allen appeared.

“Amy?” Blake called out, mirroring Amy’s previous expression once Blake was mentioned.

“Well, if it isn’t Flakey Blakey,” she drawled out, before taking another sip of water.

“Are you drunk?” he asked with a slightly amused expression.

Amy turned to both men and squinted one eye as she pressed her thumb and forefinger close together. “This much.” She grinned, before her eyes went wide. “Hey, you look really hot!” she blurted. Blake, Allen and I burst into a fit of laughter then, causing Amy’s face to turn red with embarrassment. “I- I was talking about Allen.” She tried to cover up with a glare.

“I’m sure you were, sweetie,” I spoke up, still laughing.

Blake shook his head at my best friend before looking up at me. “I’ll take care of her from here.”

I tried to fight the smile that was threatening to jump onto my lips and nodded briefly. “Are you sure? That’d be great, thank you so much.”

Allen and I left the pair alone and we began to look for Adrian again. “It’s pretty obvious that your brother likes her as well. Why haven’t they tried it out yet?” Allen asked, looking around the crowded reception.

“It may be obvious to a third person; but those two are completely oblivious about their feelings for each other.” I laughed at that, remembering the day of our graduation when Amy had accidentally pulled Blake into a hug, and they both acted awkward after that.

“I’m guessing you invited them both here tonight to play the role of cupid?” Allen asked, casting a sideways smirk in my direction.

I shrugged and grinned. “I have to entertain myself at these things somehow.”

Allen pretended to act offended. “What, I’m not entertaining enough for you? I’m wounded.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes before I began scanning the room again. “Shut up you big bab-” My sentence swallowed itself up in my throat as my eyes landed on the one thing I didn’t want to see tonight.

“Big what? D- Emily? Are you okay?” Allen noticed my frozen stare, and followed my line of gaze until he spotted what I was looking at. “Son of a bitch, you were right,” Allen mumbled under his breath, before grabbing onto my arm. “Come on, we have to find Adrian and tell him.”

I don’t remember how but suddenly, we were near the stage at the front of the room and Adrian had me in a protective hug. “I’m not going to let anything happen, Shortcake,” Adrian murmured into my hair, rubbing my back softly. “You don’t need to worry.”

“I was right,” I mumbled into his chest.

“I specifically told the fucking security of this place not to let him in,” Adrian growled.

“I’ll take care of it,” Allen spoke up, before I heard him walk off.

“Emily. What did you see?” Adrian asked, pulling away from the hug but still keeping me in his arms.

“David Walter and… Anna. They were in the corner of the room talking. David passed Anna an envelope, and that’s when Allen brought me to you.”

“Son of a bitch,” Adrian muttered.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Ak86(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
“She was so nice to me… We were going to talk later on with a glass of wine in our hands.”

“I’m going to fire her right now,” Adrian growled, ignoring my rambling.

“No! Adrian, not here,” I pleaded, grabbing a hold of his arm.

Adrian gave me an angered look of disbelief. “Are you kidding me? Why the Bleep not?! That stupid little bitch-”

“No! You’re at a formal event. People are here to listen to your speech about future plans with the company and shake your hand and give you cheques. You can’t show a mean side of yourself right now; firing someone is not the way to go.” Adrian just glared down at me. “Does it look like,” he began slowly, “I give a Bleep about the company right now?”

I sighed. “Adrian, please. Don’t be irrational about this. You can’t fire-”

“Emily. Who I do or do not fire is none of your concern nor is it in your control. She bleeped with you, so I ruin her.” Adrian’s tone was final, and he walked away before I could say anything else to change his mind.

Anna was the one. The mole. David Walter’s ‘little bird.’ No wonder why her apology was so sudden.

I began to walk back to the table I was assigned to while smiling briefly at whoever I passed. Adrian was angry with me, and he was going to need a few hours to cool off before I would be able to talk to him again. My thoughts wandered back to Anna’s behaviour earlier this evening, and my frown deepened as I bit my lip. She was being nice; cautious with what she was going to say to me but nonetheless, nice.

“I’m in love with your chest,” a deep, familiar voice uttered.

“Mason!” Another, more feminine voice scolded, pulling me away from my thoughts completely.

I looked up from my shimmering dress to find Katherine glaring at a smug looking Mason, and a small smile instantly appeared on my lips. “Hello! I didn’t know you two were coming tonight.”

“Well, my bitch of a son forced us to; even though I’m getting too old for this shit.” Mason grunted, before another smile appeared on his lips. “Come on Emily, give this poor old man a hug.” His smile began to grow as he waggled his eyebrows in my direction.

I frowned slightly in confusion before cautiously making my way over towards Mason’s seat.

“Poor girl. Don’t hug him Emily,” Katherine warned in a deadpan voice, giving her husband another flat look. “He only wants you to hug him so he can make a comment about your chest.”

I instantly stopped walking and blushed furiously at the revelation. “Damn you,” Mason mumbled to his wife.

I laughed as Katherine rolled her eyes at her husband before she stood up with a small smile playing on her lips. “It is nice to see you again, Emily. You look drop dead gorgeous tonight. That dress does more wonders to your body than the usual ones do,” she stated calmly, before pulling me into a hug.

I blushed at her observation and hugged her back. “Thank you. You look incredible! Red is definitely your colour.” I smiled.

“Where is my son?” Katherine asked. “I’m quite surprised he doesn’t have you attached to his hip – or lips – at the moment.” Her eyes twinkled in amusement, and I blushed even more under her gaze.

The mention of Adrian put me in a sad mood again, and I sighed before answering. “He’s firing someone.”

“Oh?” Katherine replied, her eyebrows raised in surprise. “It’s a long story,” I mumbled, taking my seat across from them.

“Don’t worry, Emily,” Mason spoke up. “Adrian is quite the idiot when it comes to your wellbeing. He’ll fire himself if it meant making you happy. Just give him a little time to cool off and then I’m sure everything will be back to normal.” He whistled. “And by the way, damn straight that dress does wonders!” Katherine wacked him across the head.

I laughed as Mason glared at his wife, who was wearing a smug smirk, before my phone started buzzing at my ankle. Frowning, I bent down to retrieve it, and found a text message from and unfamiliar number:

This is Jared Gilbert. I was running late tonight and security won’t let me in, even though I’m on the list. Will you please come and retrieve me? I’m at the side entrance.

Jared Gilbert? My mind mentally scanned the guest list for tonight’s event and I frowned once my memory came up blank. “Excuse me for a moment, I need to take care of something outside.” I smiled.

“Take your time, sweetie, we can entertain ourselves. Make sure you sway your hips for me when you leave though. I need something to look at while my wife is still giving me the silent treatment.” Mason winked, earning another wack on the head.

I laughed at the couple in front of me before leaving the table and making my way through the small clusters of people, towards the exit of the reception.“Hey, where are you off to?” Allen spoke up, suddenly appearing beside me. “Blake told me to tell you that he’s taken Amy home.”

I grinned. “My plan has worked! I’ve got to take care of something with a guest outside. Have you… Um… Have you spoken to Adrian?” I asked, trying to keep my expression neutral.

Allen’s eyebrows shot up in surprise before the realisation settled into his expression. “You guys had a fight, didn’t you?”

I sighed. “I didn’t want him to fire Anna in front of any of these people, and he went and did it anyway.”

Allen nodded in understanding. “I did hear a few people mentioning what an asshole he is for publically humiliating a woman like that… But others kind of shunned her. There goes her reputation,” Allen mumbled, more to himself than to me.

“This is my fault.” I sighed, looking down at my heels. Adrian was angry with me, and now Anna was never going to be able to get a decent job again.

“Hey, don’t blame yourself,” Allen stated firmly. “None of this is your fault.”

I looked up at him with a small smile before pulling him in for a quick hug. “You’re a great guy.”

“I know,” he replied with an arrogant grin. I laughed and rolled my eyes before gasping. “Oh my god! I completely forgot about Jared! I have to go let him in, I’ll be right back.”

“Jared? Who is Jared? I’m going to wait for you here,” Allen said, leaning against the door frame.

“Jared Gilbert. I’ll be back soon.” I rushed out of the reception room and hurriedly made my way over to the side entrance of the venue.

The side entrance was almost completely unlit, with only a few yellow spot lights flickering in certain areas, making it difficult to make out any people.

“Jared Gilbert?” I called out after a few more “Not quite, but you’re pretty close.”

I froze in my position as the all too familiar voice of David Walter reached my ears, just as he stepped within range of one of the dim spot lights. “You know, it’s pretty embarrassing to have security escort you out of an event that has a lot of your clients. You can’t even begin to imagine the shame I felt.” He stuck out his bottom lip in a mock pout, before it turned into a sneer.

I began to back away from him and swiftly turned around to run away, but ran into a solid chest. The man I ran into instantly held me in place just before a rough material was pressed up against my mouth and nose.

“We’re going to have fun, you and me.” David chuckled in a low voice. The cloth was pressed against my nose with even more force; and then, everything was black.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by DivineSpecial(f): 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
You pple should leave Emily nah what has she done

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by judette(f): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Op where are you? cry

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by froze6(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Update Please

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by BOSSkesh(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2019
Where is this op sef
Update na

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Ann2012(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2019
David is mad angry

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sorry my other acct ak86 is sort of giving me issues on ow to log in due to username and d password that was I could not update. So I would be using this one to complete d story and post new ones. Sorry for d inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Hyperakua: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
Waiting for updates please

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
Chapter Twenty-seven

I woke up expecting the stench of wet mould to fill my nostrils; instead, I found myself in a queen sized bed in a dimly lit bedroom. I instantly bolted upright from my sleeping position and jumped out of the bed immediately, scanning the small area around me.

Trust David Walter to kidnap me and hold me hostage in a fancy room.

The gold dress was still weighing down my shoulder and hugging my figure tightly, and I was thankful the shimmering piece was not removed during the process of tucking me into the creepy bed. Unfortunately, my belongings – which included my phone and a very valuable tube of lip gloss – were taken away from me.

Deciding that nothing more was going to happen in the small bedroom, I went for the door, which, surprisingly, was unlocked. Stepping out into a brighter room caught my eyes off guard, and I had to squint in order for them to readjust to the lighting, and they narrowed even further once I heard an all too familiar chuckle reach my ears.

I turned to the side to find David Walter sitting on a plain white chair, smiling in my direction. “Sleeping beauty awakens.”

“What the hell is your problem?” I exclaimed angrily, clenching my teeth. “Are you that desperate for human companionship that you had to kidnap someone to get it?!”

“Now, now Emily. There’s absolutely no reason to be angry-”

“No reason to be angry?!” I repeated with an incredulous look. “You’ve kidnapped me!”

“Well, you wouldn’t come willingly, would you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Obviously not, you’re a creep!” I exclaimed, before blushing slightly. “Sorry, I’m not trying to be mean. But you are,” I re-stated once his expression turned to one of amusement.

“And this is why I’ve had to kidnap you,” he stated, as if I had just presented the reason. I gave him a flat look. “You didn’t actually clarify the reason.”

“Look at you, Emily. Your appearance, as well as your personality is much well suited to me than it would be to Adrian Kingston. If you had just come with me the day we met-”

I let out an angry growl. “Stop right there. I don’t know how many times I have to actually say it to you; but I’ll repeat it once more just so it can sink into that thick skull of yours. This – whatever sick thing you have planned out in your mind – isn’t happening. I’m with Adrian, and I love him. No one is going to stop that apart from the man himself. Let me go.”

David blinked once before he began to chuckle again, and raised his eyebrow once he was done. “The man himself? You mean the one you fought with before I took you? He looked pretty angry with you… I wonder if he’s searching for you as we speak, if he even noticed you were gone at all last night.”

“Last night?” I repeated, whipping my head around in search for a window. The room was sealed with regal gold curtains; concealing any signs of the outdoors.

“Oh, how rude of me. Good morning, sunshine. You were out like a nightlight. It was almost peaceful watching you sleep – if I hadn’t known you were drugged.” He chuckled to himself again, and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

“You’re crazy and I want to go home. Now.” “Ah, Emily. So naïve. You’re not leaving until I get what I want from you.” David’s voice turned serious, and my fear spiked up.

“I’m not breaking up with Adrian, or doing anything that’s unfaithful to him,” I announced, trying to sound firm to conceal my fear.

“Not by choice,” David added with a wink and a sly smile.

“W- What do you mean by that?” I demanded, shaking slightly.

“ROBERT!” David called out suddenly, ignoring my question. I scanned the room again in an attempt to search for something that could be of use to me – like my phone – but was cut short once the same large man that I recognised from last night entered the room, holding a familiar looking cloth.

David motioned for him to stop moving and turned back to me with a small smile on his lips. “You seem tired, Emily. Let me help you out with that.”

“There is no way in hell I’m going to be drugged again!” I snapped, taking a step back with a glare. I instantly ran behind a chair as a barricade in case Robert decided to come any closer.

David sighed, before looking back to the tall, buff man. “Give us a minute, will you Rob? I need to talk some sense into her before she takes another nap.”

“No, you don’t.” I scowled immediately. “I want to go home.”

“To what? A very angry boyfriend? Ah! I must’ve forgotten to tell you. I’ve messaged your pretty little boyfriend and let him know that you were with me. Well, actually, you messaged him from your phone telling him you came with me for a chat and won’t be back for a while. You know Emily, using your anniversary date as your passcode is very predictable; anybody could get into your phone. You wouldn’t want that.” His pout was mocking as he shook his head in my direction.

“You’re an asshole.” I growled, growing angrier by the second. I could barely tolerate his irritating presence as it was, and now David Walter tells me he went through my phone? He tested my limits.

“Anyway, I wonder if your beloved boyfriend is even looking for you right now? He’s probably picking up his latest treat since you’ve abandoned him for a while with his worst enemy and you two were fighting beforehand.” David’s smug smile pulled apart the last string that was holding my patience together, and I grabbed the nearest thing to me – which happened to be a lamp – and launched it in his direction.

Robert immediately blocked David from receiving the hit, and turned to glare at me once the lamp rebounded off his back and landed on the floor in a clatter.

Panic began to rise in my throat once I realised I was completely defenseless now; so I did what natural human being instinct told me to do: I ran.

I ran in the opposite direction that Robert thought I was going to go in; giving me a 3-second advantage. Unfortunately; it was only that. A 3-second advantage. Within those 3 seconds, I was on the ground with a ton of human being pinning me down firmly so I wasn’t able to move.

“My, my. You are a handful, Emily Johnson.” David chuckled. I shifted my head and found his sleek black shoes in front of my face. He tucked one foot underneath my chin and pushed my head up so that I was looking up at him. I made sure my expression was nothing but the fiercest glare I could muster up, although he didn’t seem fazed by it.

“I think you should listen closely when I say this; there is no way of escaping this hotel room without me getting what I want. The windows are barred, and the only door to exit this place is code initiated. Even if you did manage to guess the code – which you wouldn’t, because I, unlike some people, don’t use an anniversary date-” “Because you have no anniversary to use,” I spat out, still glaring.

He kicked my chin purposefully and glared down at me. “Don’t interrupt me when I’m speaking to you. My point is, Emily, I have guards just like Robert here stationed at every entrance or exit of this hotel who know who you are. They are very loyal to me, so I suggest you give me what I want, and no one gets hurt.”

“What the hell do you even want from me?!” I exclaimed angrily. My eyes widened in shock just as the one possibility registered in my mind, and my glare transformed to a look of pure desperation. “Please, anything but that. I- I’ll give you money-”

David scoffed. “Money? I have enough money to buy myself an island and start a new empire. I don’t need any more money. I just want you. One night.”

I shook my head on his shoe. “No. No I won’t.”

David shrugged with the same amused smile on his face. “Well that’s a shame. Robert?”

I didn’t even get the chance to take a step before a thick arm wrapped itself around my waist while a soft, foul smelling cloth was pressed up against my nose. Everything began fading into blackness once again.
I woke up in the same bed. Except this time, there was too much light and there was a steaming bowl of chicken soup, along with a tall glass of water, accompanying me in the stuffy room.

It was then that I also noticed the shimmering gold dress I had been wearing sprawled across a small chair near the door of the room, and my breath hitched in my throat as a million thoughts rushed through my mind.

Did something happen while I was out of it? I looked down at my current attire in a panicked state, only to find myself wearing a thin cotton shirt and a pair of navy sweatpants that were both my exact size.

My stomach began to grumble just as the aroma of the chicken soup filled my nostrils, and I looked back at the while bowl with caution. There was no way David Walter would give me normal food or drink without spiking it with something.

Ignoring the urge to devour the food, I went back to trying to figure out how I got into these clothes.

I jumped out of the bed as soon as I heard a door slam shut from outside the room, and instantly threw my own door wide open.

David Walter strolled in with a lazy smug expression as he placed his phone onto the counter beside him and sipped on the blue cup in his hand. Once he noticed me standing at my own doorway, the lazy grin widened slowly. “Good morning, sunshine.”

“What the hell did you do to me?” I snapped, ignoring his greeting.

David raised his eyebrows. “Nothing yet, unfortunately. Does this mean-”

“Shut up. How did I get into these clothes if you did nothing to me?” I asked angrily in an attempt to hide my panic.

His eyes slid over my attire before he began laughing. I attempted to keep my expression angered as his laughter died down and his eyes settled on me once again. “As much as I would have loved to UnCloth you, I didn’t want you to hate me more than you already do. So I got someone you’d be semi-comfortable with to do it for me, even though you probably hate her now.” He chuckled as a single name overpowered the thoughts in my head. Anna.“I don’t know how many times I have to say it, no matter how much you cater to my needs or try and make me feel comfortable, I’m not-”

“Emily,” David cut me off, setting his drink down and beginning to walk towards me. “It’s one night. Whether or not you want to do it willingly or I have to force you into it is up to you.” He stood right in front of me and I began to take a step back before he grabbed my upper arm, stopping me from moving any farther away from him.

“Let me go.”

“What is it exactly that’s stopping you from letting us happen, Emily?” David murmured, bringing his free hand to cup my cheek.

A look of disgust automatically made its way to my face as I tried to pull away from his hold. “Everything! You’re disgusting and desperate for something that’s never going to happen with me. Let me go, and we can pretend this entire thing didn’t happen.” I tried, keeping my voice even.

He chuckled again at my words and placed a kiss on my cheek before I was able to stop it from happening. My glare increased as he smiled in response.

“That won’t be happening. Have you eaten?” he asked.

My mind instantly went back to the bowl of soup that was still sitting on the small table in the room I was being held in. it was probably cold by now, but I didn’t care. “No.”

“I haven’t poisoned it, Emily.” David chuckled.

My eyes narrowed even further. “The fact that you had to clarify that for me says something.”

“I’m being honest with you. I could tell that you didn’t trust me so I brought it up for you. Would you like me to call up the chef so he can cook you a meal in front of you?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Emily. You need to eat,” David murmured.

“No, I don’t.”

“Fine. Starve for all I care. It’s not going to change anything. I’m still going to have you.” He let go of my arm and stepped back before picking up his drink and sipping on the straw.

“I’ll send some more clothes to your room if you want to change or shower.”

“I want to go home,” I growled through gnashed teeth.

“And you will. When I get what I want.” He turned to the door after that, and I watched as he pressed in a code I wasn’t able to make out before the door clicked open, and slammed shut behind him.

My body un-tensed as soon as I realised I was alone in the room, before my eyes landed on a thin, black piece of technology that was left on the counter.

My eyes immediately widened as the phone lit up. A call was coming through and I picked up the cool metal object immediately.

No caller ID blinked back at me in bold letters, and I answered it immediately in hopes that it would be Adrian. “Hello?” I breathed, tears springing to my eyes.

The other caller gasped then stayed silent on the other line, before my ears were greeted with beeping; telling me they had hung up.

I instantly put the phone back onto the counter just as voices from outside the door reached my ears, and I quickly made my way back to my room just as the door to the hotel room clicked open again.

David Walter walked back in, looking suspicious as he grabbed a hold of his phone and tucking it securely into his jacket pocket before leaving the room once again.

I sighed before shutting my own door softly and leaning all my weight onto it. Who was I kidding, why would it have been Adrian? There was no way he’d associate with him thanks to the message David had sent from my phone earlier. I began to replay the last conversation I had with him, and sighed again once I realised it was more of a fight than a conversation.

I looked around my small room once more and found a small blue book gathering dust on the vanity in the corner of the room. I walked towards it and picked up the firm cover, wiping it gently. The Lovely Bones was printed on the cover, and I took the book back to my bed and began reading it with Adrian on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
I had drifted off to sleep, and woke up with the book open on the page I was reading last sprawled across my chest.

I made a mental note of the page number I was on before closing the book and placing in on the table beside me. I noticed the chicken soup had been taken out of my room and replaced with a pile of freshly ironed clothes.

It occurred to me then that my hair was still filled with chemical products sprayed into now-flattened curls from the event two nights ago. I grabbed the first pair of clothing within the pile and entered the adjoined bathroom to have a quick shower.

I was towel drying my hair and exiting the bathroom when a knock sounded at my door. I didn’t reply, not wanting anyone to enter the only room I felt secure in, and froze in my position.

“Emily?” David’s voice sounded from the other side of the wooden door.

I threw the towel on the chair that was currently guarding my gold dress, and opened the door slightly. David stood there with his usual smug smile and was wearing a plain red shirt. “I see you’ve made the most of the new clothes I’ve given you. I hope you’re comfortable?”

“What do you want?” I asked, not bothering to comply with his small talk.

“I was thinking we could have dinner together. I’ve brought up a chef to cater for us and so you don’t think I’ve poisoned your food.” He laughed at himself, and I blinked back in reply.

“No thank you,” I replied shortly, getting ready to shut the door.

David put an arm out before I could close the door fully; grabbing a hold of my arm in the process. “We’re going to have dinner together,” he stated again, giving me a warning look.

I didn’t say anything as he dragged me over to a dining table set up near the kitchen, where a man with blue eyes in a chef’s uniform was standing. He looked me over briefly, then smiled as he spoke. “Good evening. I am Victor Clerval, I will be your chef for tonight.”

David positioned me in front of a chair before smiling stiffly.

“Take a seat, Emily.” I did as I was told, but did not bother to acknowledge any of the men in the room.

“We have Ravioli on the menu today-” the chef began.

“I don’t like Ravioli,” I lied bluntly, looking over at David with a glare.

“Yes you do, I asked my little birdy.” David smiled.

I glared. “You can call her by her name now instead of disrespecting her by comparing her to an animal.”

David began to laugh. “Oh yes, how could I have forgotten? It’s Anna.”

The chef cleared his throat beside us, making us both turn to him. He faltered slightly before speaking up. “Uh… So Ravioli?” He began again.

“I’m allergic to pasta. How about you just give me a glass of water and we’ll call it a night?” I smiled up at him, before patting my sweats down.

“Ravioli,” David growled in confirmation, giving me an annoyed glare.

“Right away,” the chef announced, scurrying to the kitchen.

The dinner didn’t last long.

Partly because of the fact that I wasn’t actually eating, even though it smelled delicious, and partly because I wouldn’t speak to David whenever he’d try to make conversation. Chef Victor looked like he was ready to jump out of small window in the kitchen from how thick the tension was in the room.

I cleared my throat after taking another sip of water and got out of my seat. “Well, I’d say this was fun but then I’d be lying. I’m going back to my room.”

“Emily. You’re not going anywhere.” David shot out of seat, spilling a little of his wine in the process.

“Actually, I am. Good night. Thank you for the food Victor, it was lovely.” I smiled politely, before turning to leave once again.

David caught hold of my wrist tightly before I could go any further, and I gasped in pain as a small crack sounded from the area he was currently grasping. “Victor, leave us.”

Victor was out of the hotel room faster than I was able to blink, and an eerie silence settled over the room once the door locked shut behind him. “We, my little ray of sunshine, are not done for the night.” David smiled once I turned my gaze back to him.

Something in his expression told me what he had in mind wasn’t good; and my neutral expression faltered. “W- What else is there to do?”

“Well, why else am I keeping you around?” David laughed, pulling me into him by my wrist.

“Let me go, please.” David’s laughter increased. “Manners aren’t going to get you anywhere in this situation, sunshine.” He let go of my wrist – which began throbbing in pain – before both his hands gripped my upper arms in a way where I wasn’t able to move away from him.

“Please,” I whispered desperately, attempting to wriggle out of his grasp.

“Stop fighting me on this, Emily. I’m going to get my way whether you like it or not.” He began leaning in, and my struggling became more dominant as I tried moving away from his face.

His lips briefly brushed along the side of my own, and I kicked him in his knee out of reflex.

David instantly let go and groaned in pain as he clutched onto the place where I had kicked him, before his head snapped up to me with another angry glare. “You little bitch.” He spat, grabbing me by the wrist again.

I tried to pry his hand away with my own free one, which just annoyed him even more. He brought up his free hand and a loud slapping noise echoed the room as it made contact with my cheek.

Tears instantly sprung to my eyes as my skin began throbbing from his hit, and I looked down at my feet to cover up the fact that the hit hurt me as much as it did.

David sighed irritably before letting go of my wrist, which was also throbbing and beginning to form light purple blotches. “I didn’t want to get to that stage with you, sunshine. Go to your room, we’ll talk tomorrow.”

I blinked my tears away and looked back up at him, glaring as harshly as I could. “No we won’t.” I didn’t wait for him to respond as I made my way back to my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

I looked over at The Lovely Bones before shaking my head as stray tears escaped my eyelids as my cheek continued to tingle in pain. I locked the door of my room softly before slowly making my way to the bed; covering as much as myself as I could with the sheets and falling into another deep sleep.
I woke to the sound of my door being clicked shut softly. My eyes snapped open and I shot out of my bed awake and alert for any movement that would occur in the room.

I looked around and found nothing out of place except for a new jacket added to the pile of clothes in the room. The book I was reading was also moved from the table beside my bed and was now sitting next to pile of clothing on the table across from me.

The sound of voices caught my attention. They mentioned my name, and I instantly threw the sheets off my body to find out what they were saying.

I began walking to the door just as the voices became audible.

“-Kidding me? She has a fucking bruised cheek because of you!” Someone whispered angrily.

“It’s not my fault she was being so stubborn,” I faintly heard.

“I only agreed to play along with this because you promised you wouldn’t hurt her!” A feminine voice hissed.

My eyes widened and I pressed my ear against my room door in an attempt to extract more of the conversation.

“This is none of your business. I’ve paid you the amount we agreed to, now leave.” A lower voice responded calmly. I instantly recognised it as David’s.

The feminine whisper sounded enraged, and her voice level increased. “No! I can’t believe I played along with your stupid game in the first place! I undressed her for you, bought her new clothes to wear, told you everything she told me; all because I thought-”

“Be quiet!” David snapped. “You need to leave right now. And if you so much as think about opening your mouth to anyone about this-”

“You’re not going to get away with this,” the voice whispered back angrily. “They’re all searching for her. Adrian’s focusing on you in particular. I can’t keep quiet any longer. I want double of what you paid me. That’s the only way I’ll keep my mouth shut.”

A small gasp escaped my lips at the mention of Adrian. He was looking for me?

I heard David sigh irritably before he spoke up again. “Stay out of my business. I’ll have the money for you by tomorrow. Meet at our usual spot. Now leave; the last thing we both need is for her to wake up to find-”

I decided then that this was a good time to open the door and catch them both in the act. My door flew open, and the angry expression I summoned onto my face instantly dropped as a resilient wave of betrayal washed over me; making me stumble back in shock.

The pair of heads snapped towards me, and I watched as one head let out another irritated sigh as the other face’s eyes widened in shock at the realisation of being caught in the act.

“This is just great. You’re not getting anything. Leave,” David snapped at the woman in annoyance. She didn’t pay attention to him as her eyes began blinking in shock. “Emily-”

I shook my head rapidly, swallowing back the thick feeling in my throat as my eyes slowly built up tears. “No.”

“Emily, I can explain-” she began again.

“Leave, Rita,” David spoke up, giving her a stern look. “She doesn’t want to speak with you, and neither do I.”

I blinked back my tears as I looked at her once more. For once in my life, I didn’t protest against his words.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Chapter Twenty-eight

The next few days flew by in a blur.

David didn’t even bother interacting with me. I had only had 3 glasses of water and a chocolate bar and even then, I wanted to throw it all up.

Rita was the mole. David’s ‘little bird.’ The feeling of betrayal was still seething through my veins as I recalled all the times that I had spoken to her about David and what Adrian or I had in mind in order to eliminate him as soon as we could.

Guilt was another thing playing at my mental state as the constant silence in my room reminded me of how I had accused Anna of helping David, and as a result, got her fired. I personally knew how hard it was to find a job after leaving Kingston Corp., and that was because I quit – god only knew how hard it was for Anna since she was actually fired from her job.

I sighed before a loud grumble defeated the silence in my room, and I blushed to myself as the hunger finally caught up to my body. I quickly scanned my room in hopes that I would find another chocolate bar lying around and groaned in annoyance when the only thing remotely close to a bar was the wrapping from two days ago.

Deciding it was time to leave the comfortable four walls of the room I was staying in, I went in search of any type of snack that would be available in the kitchen. David didn’t even think to keep a small packet of chips in these cupboards for me to snack on when I got hungry.

I looked around in annoyance to search for the hotel room phone to call room service, when I remembered he had taken that phone away as well. Letting out a frustrated sigh, my eyes landed on the tall security guard standing at the entrance of the room.

I frowned in thought before clearing my throat slightly. “Excuse me.” I spoke up in an attempt to catch his attention.

He remained staring forward, not even flinching at the sound of my voice.

My frown increased as I began making my way towards him. “Hello, is it okay if I ask you for a favour?” I asked once I was standing directly in front of him. The guard’s eyes slid down to meet my short frame, and he raised an eyebrow in response. “That depends what it is,” he replied.

I opened my mouth to respond but the loud growl of my stomach beat me to it, making my cheeks flush in embarrassment. “I’m kind of hungry,” I mumbled once the loud growl ended.

The guard chuckled and nodded in understanding before pulling out a phone from his pocket. He dialed a few numbers before putting the rectangular device to his ear. “Send up the chef. She’s hungry.”

I smiled slightly as he slid the phone back into his pocket. “Thank you.”

“He’ll be up here in 5 minutes,” he replied swiftly. I nodded before making my way back to the kitchen in boredom while my previous thoughts came back to my mind. Why would Rita betray me like that? They had mentioned something about money in their conversation… if Rita needed money, why didn’t she just ask Adrian?

A puffed out voice pulled me out of my phase. “I got here as fast as I could.”

“She’s in the kitchen,” I heard the guard reply before a huffing chef joined me in the small space.

“Thank you so much for coming. I’m sorry to trouble you…” I trailed off, grimacing in guilt.

The chef placed the large bags he was holding onto the counter before waving me off. “It was nothing!” he reassured me with a wink. “I get paid to do this, and I love my job. So it’s a win-win situation. What would you like me to cook?”

I bit my lip in thought. “Uh… I’d really like a cheeseburger and some fries right now. Is that okay, chef…?”

“Just call me Victor.” He grinned, taking out a small bag of potatoes. “And of course I can do that. I can make that with my eyes closed!”

I smiled at his enthusiasm before taking a seat on the opposite side of the table. “Thank you so much.”

“So what’s your name again?” Victor asked as he began peeling the potatoes at lightning speed. “Emily. Do you… Did you want me to help with anything?” I asked as I watched him throw the peeled potatoes into a steel bowl.

“Nope. I’m good! How long have you been here?”

I sighed before answering. “I’m not sure. I think it’s been about a week now.”

“Wow. The girls he usually keeps here would’ve broke and did what he wanted the night he brought them in. You’re a fighter. Admirable trait.” Victor nodded in approval.

My mind temporarily blanked. “What do you mean ‘other girls’?” I asked in disgust.

“Oh… Please don’t tell me you’re the jealous type.” Victor cringed, looking away from the potato in his hands to give me a look of panic.

I scoffed. “Not for David. I can’t stand the man.”

Victor let out a loud laugh before he finished cutting his last potato. “I knew I remembered your face! You were the one that pretended to be allergic to ravioli and glared at him the entire dinner! I like you.” He grinned while pointing the knife in my direction.

I laughed and blushed at the comment before looking down at the white table. “Would you know if… I mean… do you have a phone I could use?” I whispered, my eyes growing wide with desperation as I met his smiling expression.

Unfortunately, Victor’s grin instantly fell at the mention of the small technological device. “I… I’m sorry, Emily… I’m not allowed to give it to you to use. He… He tracks my calls because I’m the assigned chef for this room. I have to keep my mouth shut and that’s how he makes sure of it,” he explained with a sympathetic expression.

I swallowed in disappointment before nodding in understanding. “It’s okay… Thanks anyway.”

An uncomfortable silence settled between us as began to chop up the vegetables for the cheeseburger, and I decided to speak up again. “So… Are you seeing anyone at the moment?” I asked in an attempt to make conversation.

Victor grinned. “Why, are you interested?” My cheeks flushed crimson as his reply registered in my mind. “No, I have a boyfriend. I was just asking.”

Victor laughed at my reply. “I know, the infamous Adrian Kingston. I was just trying to be funny. I have a wife and 3 children,” he answered, smiling as he mentioned his family.

“Oh that’s great! What are their names and how old are your children?” I asked with a grin.

“Katherine is my wife, and my children are Kelly, Seth, and James. Kelly is 4, Seth is 2 and James just turned 8 months three days ago.”

I let out a sigh of admiration and grinned in his direction. “They sound lovely.”

“Seth is Satan’s spawn; but I love them. Hey! Maybe you could come and have dinner at my place one day! Katherine would love to meet someone like you. Your burger is served madam,” Victor announced in a badly attempted French accent.

I laughed as he set the plate filled with fries and a fresh cheeseburger in front of me, and I dug into the fries immediately. “Is he starving you up here or something?” Victor laughed as he observed my eagerness to eat.

“She was starving herself, actually.” David’s cool voice sounded from behind me. “Victor, your services are always appreciated. You may leave now.”

I stopped chewing mid-fry as all the hunger in my body deflated and the burger suddenly seemed less appetizing than it was a few seconds ago.

Victor nodded as soon as David finished speaking, and instantly began to pack his things. “If you need anything else to eat, just tell them to give me a call,” Victor told me as he placed the last bowl into his bag.

I nodded stiffly, feeling uncomfortable under David’s cool gaze. “Thanks again,” I murmured quietly.

Victor only managed to give a brief smile before he quickly made his way out of the kitchen, leaving me alone with the man I loathed with every fibre of my being.

“So you’ve finally come out of hibernation,” David commented with an amused smile. I didn’t bother to respond as I meekly put another fry into my mouth.

“So? Have you finally gotten over your little sulking stage?” David prompted mockingly.

I let out an annoyed groan. “Can you please just… I don’t know… not talk for 5 minutes?”

David chuckled as I took a large bite from the burger. “As you wish, princess. I’ll let you eat in peace, and you can return the favour once you’re done.”

“Whatever,” I mumbled childishly, shoving another two pieces of fries into my mouth and chomping on them miserably. David had killed my mood to the point where even the fries that tasted like crunchy pieces of heaven 5 minutes ago, tasted soggy and stale now.

I decided to take my time eating in an attempt to avoid him for as long as possible; to the point where the bread for my burger began to turn hard from how cold my food was getting.

“I doubt it takes you that long to finish a simple burger and fries,” David uttered in annoyance once he re-entered the small kitchen. ”I’ve seen you eat with Allen; you practically inhaled the serving in front of you in less than 5 minutes.”

“It does when I’m trying to avoid people.” I glared in response.

David chuckled at my comment before taking the plate from in front of me. “Get up,” he ordered in a serious tone. “David, it’s been a week. I don’t know how much more obvious I can make it. Just let me go home. Please,” I begged, getting off my seat only to take a few steps away from him.

“Emily. You can make this easier for all of us and just have sex with me. I’m not asking for much-”

“Not asking for much?!” I interrupted hysterically. “You’re asking me to cheat on the man I am currently with and currently in love with, just so the man I loathe with every nerve in my body can have a good Bleep!” My hands instantly flew to my mouth once I realised the words I used, and I looked back at him with wide eyes. “Sorry.”

David chuckled at my apology and indicated to where I was standing. “Do you see why I want you so bad, Emily?”

“Don’t start with this stupid ‘you’re so innocent yet so sexy’ speech again or I will literally throw this stool at you.” I growled in annoyance.

David let out an irritated sigh before running his hands through his thinning hair. “I’ve been so patient with you for the past week. I’ve let you sulk over a stupid friendship, not eat, I’ve let you stay in your room and I haven’t forced you into doing anything with me because I want you to be willing-”

“Which will never happen,” I reminded him.

“My patience has now run out with you, Emily. Come here,” David snapped, glaring at me angrily.

My tough expression instantly fell at the tone of his voice and his angry expression, and I stood frozen in the position I was currently in. “David, please don’t do this.”

“Come on, Sunshine. It really isn’t fair that Adrian gets to have the better company and the best girl on his arm. I need to do this – to make it even.”

“Then take his company!” I pleaded desperately, taking another step backwards as he took a step towards me.

“No. That won’t suffice,” David muttered angrily. ”You see, you are of much more value to him than his company. I ruin you? He’ll practically have nothing; and I’ll feel even with him for once.”“This is what this is about? Being even with him? You’re in the business world, David; there will always be people who are better or worse than you are,” I tried calmly, hoping that my advice would distract him from his current intentions. “That’s just how it works! You want to change that? The only way that’s possible is if you try harder to get your business to be successful and more widely spoken about. This is not the way to do it.”

David laughed, and my shoulders sagged in defeat once I knew my plan wasn’t going to work. “I don’t care about my company. I care about being the best. Having you, apparently, will make that happen. Once we happen, I’ll be known all over the papers and Adrian will be known as the man who had his heart broken.”

I clenched my teeth at the thought of David having satisfaction over Adrian’s misery. “WE are only going to happen over my dead body.” I clenched my fists in frustration before making my move and exiting the kitchen in a sprint.

“ROBERT!” David called out angrily once he realised I had escaped the small area.

I let out a small whimper as the name registered in my mind and only managed to take two more steps before a bulky pair of arms trapped me in the position I was in.

“You shouldn’t try running from him anymore,” Robert murmured into my ear quickly, before David walked into the living room. “Just do as he says and you’d be able to leave.”

“You can’t run from me, Emily.” David smiled coldly once he set eyes on my captured figure.

“Please let me go,” I begged, weighing out my options in my head. I had no other method of escape, especially with Fabio keeping me in place.

“Give me what I want and I can arrange for that to happen,” David replied with a casual shrug.

“No, anything else. Anything,” I pleaded, feeling my eyes grow glassy from the tears forming in them.

David began to walk towards me, and smiled icily once he was inches away. “You can leave now, Robert. Let her go,” he ordered, keeping his gaze on mine the entire time.

I felt Robert’s arms slowly loosen their grip around my body before his entire torso detached itself from my back and he walked back to his position near the door.

David instantly grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me into his own crisp suit; the icy smile never faltering on his face. “I’m so glad you’re finally warming up to me, Sunshine.”

“Go to hell,” I spat, trying to worm myself out of his grip.

“Not without having my way with you first.” His other arm began to encircle itself around my waist as he trapped both my arms in a death grip with one hand.

“I’ll try not being too rough.” He chuckled, before I felt his stiff lips come into contact with my neck.
Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
I instantly began to wrench my way out of his grip again, making him pull away with a frustrated growl. “If you try to fucking move one more time, I’ll use more than my hands to keep you in place.” He snarled, before I felt a stinging pain pulse through my right cheek.

I let out a pained scream before my lips became muffled by a pair of stiff ones. Tears instantly sprang to my eyes and David’s lips forcefully moved against mine in an attempt to get a response back, but I pressed my lips tightly together to keep them from touching his and to help with keeping the tears as concealed as possible.

David pulled away, looking even angrier than before, before his phone began to vibrate in his suit jacket pocket. Unexpectedly, he shoved me against the wall; making my head bang against the tough brick roughly as he pinned me down and answered the call. “What do you want?” he snarled harshly into the phone.

Muffled voices spoke at a rapid pace before David’s pissed-off expression transformed to one of worry. “I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Stall them.” He pressed the ‘end call’ button and shoved the phone pack into his pocket in frustration, before meeting my eyes again. “Looks like it’s your lucky day, Sunshine. I have to go and take care of a little problem downstairs. I’ll be back soon.”

He forced another kiss onto my lips before roughly pushing me back against the wall and leaving the hotel room completely.

I stared at the door in shock for a few moments before the tears I had been trying to keep in for the past week instantly burst out of my eyes; forming a puddle on my cheeks as the sobs took over my body entirely.

I slid down to the floor and pulled my knees into my body as I tried to control the overwhelming feelings of sadness and defeat that were controlling the tears coming out of my eye sockets. What would Adrian think or do once he finds out?

A loud commotion suddenly sounded from the other side of the door; making me scramble to my feet instantly in fear as all my thoughts were put on hold in the back of my mind already.

Was he already back? My mind instantly set into panic mode as I backed away from the door as far as I could as the silver knob twisted. He walked in with an angered expression that instantly dropped once his gaze settled on me again. My heart stopped beating and I blinked back in shock.

“The name’s Bond. James Bond.”

“Adrian,” I breathed in disbelief, looking him over once more to make sure his presence was real.

“Come on, Shortcake, you could’ve gone along with it! You know, since I actually did some investigating and all.” He sent an arrogant grin in my direction before stepping out of the doorway.

“Actually,” a new but familiar voice added, “I did all the investigating while you were an annoying, whiny little brat that was sulking about not having Emily around the entire time,” Allen brought up flatly. “Shut up mate,” Adrian replied, flipping Allen off before bringing his attention back to me. He lifted up his arms and raised an eyebrow. “Well? Don’t I at least get a hug? Honestly Shortcake, I’m feeling like this whole missing each other thing is really one sided at the moment; and we all know how false that statement is.”

“This is the part where Emily rolls her eyes and says ‘still the same egotistical asshole, even after just finding his hot girlfriend after a week’, and then we all agree, and then you two kiss and we get out of this creepy hotel room. Seriously it looks like it was taken out of the Victorian Era and placed into the 21st century. Does this guy have any decent taste in furnisher?” Another familiar voice asked in revulsion.

My eyes left Adrian’s smiling face as they found their way to Amy’s disgusted expression as she poked at the flower patterned sofa she was standing beside. She looked up at me and her expression instantly fell into a lazy grin. “Hurry up and hug your boyfriend before he starts whining again.”

Allen groaned. “Don’t get him started on that. He’ll start describing how he hugs her again and what parts he squeezes just to make her gasp and get turned on which initially leads to them having sex.”

“He did what?!” I exclaimed with wide eyes, looking over to Adrian with a mortified expression.

“I missed you?” he tried with a sheepish grin.

I felt the corners of my mouth pull up into a grin before running into his arms, wrapping my legs around his hips and pulling him in for a long, lingering kiss on the lips.

Allen and Amy instantly began groaning at our kiss, and we pulled away laughing.

“How did you find me?” I asked curiously as Adrian’s grip tightened itself around my waist once we pulled away.

“That fucking idiot left his location accuracy on when he sent a super creepy photo of you sleeping before we found you. We tracked it straight away and walked in just as David left.” Adrian scoffed arrogantly as we both tried to get our breathing under control again.

“Thank you.” I breathed, tightening my own grip around his torso as I buried my face into the crook of his neck

His familiar scent engulfed my senses, and for the first time in a while, I finally felt safe.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by iamgprince: 1:12am On Oct 12, 2019
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by pweetymhi(f): 1:22am On Oct 12, 2019
simply breathtaking I need more please
Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 1:24am On Oct 12, 2019
Chapter Twenty-nine

“Tell me about your current mood.”

“Annoyed,” I replied through gritted teeth, sending a glare in Adrian’s direction. “Because my idiot of a boyfriend thinks I need therapy when I’ve told him countless times that I’m fine and do not need it.”

He ignored my response. “Answer Dr. Palmer’s question.”

“I did!” I exclaimed in exasperation.

“No, you responded sarcastically and aimed the answer at me. Is that a sign that she’s been mentally traumatised?” Adrian asked with a worried grimace as he turned his attention back to the therapist in front of us.

Dr. Palmer just smiled coolly after looking in between the both of us. “No, Mr. Kingston. Everything looks fine with Emily, and your support is playing a big role in that.”

Adrian smirked. “I think it’s more the sex that I’m giving her that’s playing a role.”

“Adrian!” I exclaimed, feeling my cheeks burn up in mortification. “Can we please leave? I need to start dinner for my parents,” I brought up anxiously, trying to steer the conversation away from the road it was heading in.

“Oh, I forgot about that. Can’t you tell them to come another day? I wanted to eat MacDonald’s.” Adrian pouted, getting off the brown leather sofa sulkily.

“Sure. As long as you call up my mom and tell her the reason behind cancelling the first dinner she’s had with her daughter since she was kidnapped,” I replied smugly, also getting off the sofa.

Adrian cringed at my condition. “Dinner with the in-laws sounds great!” he cheered sarcastically.

“I assume this is the first and last session you’re having with me?” Dr. Palmer spoke up, amusement lacing her tone.

I smiled guiltily. “Yes, it is. I really am fine; he’s just overacting and brought me here by force.” I sent another glare in Adrian’s direction, who was smirking at my reaction.

“It’s better to be safe than sorry, Shortcake.” Adrian wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Thank you for your time. I’m so sorry for wasting it,” I told Dr. Palmer, who was still smiling at both Adrian and me.

“Oh sweetie, it’s fine. You didn’t waste it at all; in fact, this was actually one of my funniest sessions with a client.”

“Because of me, obviously. Emily wouldn’t know humour if it hit her in the face with a French glove,” Adrian scoffed arrogantly.

“Shut up.” I scowled, glaring up at him again. He smirked in response and placed a quick peck on my lips before I was able to pull away. He grinned at himself in satisfaction when I scowled at him.

“Asshole.”

“I didn’t think you’d want to try it, Shortcake. The heart wants what it wants though-”

“Stop!” I shrieked, flushing in mortification once again at his suggestion and at the fact that he was speaking so openly about it in front of Dr. Palmer.

“Why? Don’t worry about it Shortcake,” Adrian said, as if he was able to read my mind. “There’s that whole doctor-patient confidentiality thing that I had to sign for us, Dr. Palmer won’t say anything to anyone.” I groaned and shook my head at his argument. “Let’s leave now, please.”

He chuckled. “Okay, okay; no need to get your panties in a twist. I like to do that for you.” He smirked.

“LEAVE, ADRIAN.” I yelled, not wanting Dr. Palmer to hear any more of the conversation.

“It was nice to meet you, Emily!” Dr. Palmer called out in amusement.

“You too!” I replied, still humiliated over the conversation she had just witnessed.

“She’s nice,” Adrian commented, an amused smirk appearing on his lips. “You’re dead,” I warned through gnashed teeth, punching his chest.

“Ouch. You’ve taken the life out of me with that punch. I cannot go on any longer. Help me. Save me,” Adrian responded in a dead pan voice matched with a flat look.

I scowled in response before furiously pressing the elevator button.

“I think I should take you back in there so we can sort out your anger management issues,” Adrian observed.

“I think you should shut up before I knee you where the sun don’t shine.” I smiled sweetly, before looking straight ahead.

“Oh, I see. It’s almost that time of the month, isn’t it?” Adrian asked, bending down so that his face was levelled with my own.

I glared at his amused expression. “Don’t push me,” I warned.

“Don’t. Push. Me. Cos’. I’m. Close. To. The edge,” Adrian recited, stretching his arms out in a DJ move.

A smile forced its way onto my lips and I shook my head at his goofiness. “Idiot.”

He grinned happily and pulled me in for another kiss on the lips just as the elevator doors sprung open. Once he pulled away, he looked into the small silver box before looking back at me with a smirk. “What do you say to some elevator se-”

“No,” I responded flatly, not bothering to wait for him to finish the sentence. “Yes, I know you do, it’s just that-”

“It’s just nothing. We’re getting married,” Adrian cut me off.

“I-”

“No, I mean it. There is nothing stopping us from getting married. I don’t ever want to lose you and I’m ready to settle down with you by my side.” Adrian growled.

I blinked back at him in shock momentarily before placing a hand on his cheek. “I don’t ever want to lose you either, but this is something you have to think long and hard about. We can talk about this another time. I was kidding before, I do love you.” I mumbled, giving him a small smile. I watched as he frowned slightly before grunting and looking away. “Whatever,” he snapped.

I sighed. “Adrian.”

“No, Emily. I don’t know how much more open I can be with you; and you just turn it down like it was an everyday conversation.”

“No, I don’t!” I insisted. “I know how hard it is for you to talk about this kind of stuff, I do. And I’m not saying no, either! It’s just that… well now, in an elevator… isn’t exactly the right time.”

Adrian stayed silent for a few moments before sighing. “You’re right. Come on, let’s go start up on that dinner. We can talk about this another time.”
“Are you sure this is the right apartment?” I asked nervously, glancing at Amy who was tapping her thumbs to the beat of the music playing too loudly in the car.

She let out an exasperated sigh before nodding. “Yes! Now go up there and apologise to the girl and give her, her job back! You owe that much to her after indirectly firing her and accusing her of working for that stupid pig who is now rotting in prison, and hopefully soon enough, in hell.”

I laughed nervously before nodding and getting out of the car and making my way up to the apartment buzzers. Anna was number 68; the penthouse apartment of this building in particular. I pressed the button and waited patiently before a bleak shuffling noise sounded from the rounded speaker. “I’m not interested in whatever product you’re trying to sell-”

“This isn’t a salesman,” I replied nervously. “This is Emily… May I come in?”

“Emily Johnson?” she asked in surprise, before I heard the buzzer go off and the door click open.

I tried to contain my own surprise as I made my way up to her apartment; trying to figure out why she’d let the woman who potentially ruined her career into her home so easily.

Anna was already waiting at the door of her apartment once I stepped off the elevator, and I smiled weakly as I took in her appearance. She was in comfortable looking sweat pants and a shirt that looked two sizes smaller on her with a Dora the Explorer theme splashed all over her chest area.

“It’s my little cousins’. I couldn’t find my favourite home shirt, so I used hers…” She trailed off, flushing slightly as she looked up at me with a sheepish grin.

“Well, it looks very nice. I think it’s not far off from becoming the next big thing in fashion!” I laughed, joining her amusement on the topic.

“Not to sound blunt or rude or anything, but… why are you here? I don’t get visitors often; especially people as important as you.” Anna explained quickly, trying to back up her side of the story before I had the chance to get offended.

I waved her off. “You don’t sound rude. Quite frankly, I’m surprised you even let me up here.” I smiled awkwardly. “I, uh… I wanted to talk to you about… some things.”

Surprise once again flashed through Anna’s eyes, before she immediately stepped aside. “Oh, yeah! Of course, come in!”

“Thank you,” I mumbled quietly as I stepped past her into her apartment.

Apparently, working at Kingston Corporation compensated well. So well, in fact, that Anna’s apartment was almost as nice as the penthouse Adrian and I were currently living in. White walls and floors extended throughout the open space, and a black and lavender coloured scheme was splashed all over the apartment in places which highlighted the expense of the place even more.

“Wow, your place is amazing,” I stated truthfully, still taking in the bright home.

“Thanks. Do you want me to make you a coffee or anything?”

“No thank you, I’m okay. I can’t stay long,” I explained with a small smile.

“Oh, okay. So… What did you want to talk about?”

I took a seat on the edge of one of the black sofas in the living room and Anna sat across from me, placing a lavender pillow in her lap in the process. “I… I’m so sorry.” I blurted, blushing once I realised I sounded like a 5-year-old who got caught stealing candy.

“Sorry?” Anna repeated with a confused expression.

“It’s my fault. I assumed you were working with David Walter and you only apologised to me to get information from me and give it to him because of some kind of revenge thing you had against me and I told Adrian who freaked out and fired you. I mean, I tried to tell him not to because I wasn’t sure and then I found out that it was Rita all along and you had absolutely nothing to do with it and I’m so sorry because now you have no job and it’s all my-”

Anna cut off my rambling apology. “Whoa, whoa, Emily! It’s okay, you don’t need to apologise! Adrian told me everything; and the letter David Walter was trying to give me on the night of the dinner was bribery money. He wanted me to get you to go outside but I didn’t accept it. I don’t think you saw that part. I’m also the one who found out where David was keeping you. I followed him one day because I was really angry with him once I found out that he had taken a friend of mine and did the same thing that he did to you. I told Adrian my theory once I realised where you might be and they did further investigating.”

“Oh my god,” I breathed, looking at her with wide eyes. “Oh my god I am so, so sorry. I didn’t know… I’m so sorry-”

Anna cut me off again with a short laugh. “Emily! It’s okay; stop apologising. I don’t blame you for making those assumptions about me. I was kind of the biggest bitch to you. But everyone hated you at that time, I didn’t want to be the only one defending you or else I’d be hated by every one of those girls as well. Trust me, you’d do the same thing if you had to see them the next Monday in the marketing department.” She shuddered at the thought, before giving me another smile.

I laughed nervously, trying to lighten up the mood. “You could’ve always escaped up to my office. My door offers standard security against jealous co-workers,” I joked.

Anna laughed. “That was probably the lamest thing I’ve ever heard you say.”

I laughed in response before throwing a lavender pillow in her direction. “Shut up,” I mumbled with a slight blush. “Anyway, the other reason behind my visit… Adrian Kingston would like to formally offer you your job back – if you want it, that is,” I added quickly.

Anna’s smile slowly slid off her thin lips before she blinked back at me in shock. “Are…. Are you serious?”

I gave her a puzzled look. “Yes?”

“No, like I know you’re serious I was just asking because… For real? Yes! Of course I want it back! Oh my god, thank you so much! You don’t know how hard it is to find a job after being fired from there.” Anna sulked, before beaming in my direction.

I grinned in return before nodding at her. “Trust me; I know how difficult it is.” I shuddered at the thought of my previous boss, Creepy Cooper, before looking at her again. “I’ll tell Adrian. You can start next week!”

Anna sighed happily before jumping out of her seat and pulling me into an unexpected hug. “Thank you so much, oh my god!” she squealed again, before releasing me from her excited grasp.

I smiled in response before I heard a loud shrilling noise come from the wall behind me.

Anna looked at the phone in confusion, before glancing at me. “Another visitor?”

I shrugged in response just as she answered the phone. “Hello?”

I could hear Amy’s yelling from my seated position. “CAN YOU TELL EMILY TO HURRY HER SORRY ASS UP AND GET HER ASS DOWN HERE BECAUSE MY OWN ASS IS HUNGRY?”

Anna’s eyes widened as she detached the phone from her ear. “Uh… I think it’s for you.”

I grimaced at the phone before shouting out, “I’M COMING AMES, GET INTO THE CAR!”

Anna put the phone back into its slot before smiling in amusement. “I think you should leave.”

I laughed and nodded. “I think I should. See you next week then? I’m really sorry once again for accusing you…”

She waved me off with a look of disbelief. “Emily! Forget about it! I have my job back, and we’re on good terms. Everything is good again!”

A faint beeping noise sounded from outside, and both our eyes widened as I began to rush out the door. “I’ll see you next week then!” I called out before anxiously pressing the elevator button.

Anna laughed at my panicked state before giving me a small wave and shutting the apartment door quietly, just as the elevator doors sprung open.

Amy was going to kill me.
Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 1:39am On Oct 12, 2019
“So how about I give you that D I’ve been meaning to give you for a while now?” Allen smirked, before getting whacked across the head by Adrian. “You better shut the Bleep up mate.” Adrian glared, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into his shirtless torso.

“Adrian.” I groaned, trying to pry his hands off me.

“What did I tell you this morning?” he snapped, looking down at me.

Amy spoke up. “Hey! Listen here, my friend can wear a bikini if she wants to-”

“Actually, it was you that forced me into wearing this. I wanted to wear my one-piece with mini board shorts on top,” I pointed out.

“Shut up, I’m trying to prove a point for your independence,” Amy bit back in response.

“What have I missed?” Blake asked, appearing from behind Amy suddenly; who yelped and jerked in her seated position in fright. She turned around to glare at him, and he smirked down in response before kicking sand onto her stomach.

“I was about to give your sister the D,” Allen brought up again.

I groaned. “Allen! Stop bringing that up!” I laughed.

“Dude, that’s my sister,” Blake complained with a disgusted frown.

“And my best friend!” Amy added.

“And my girlfriend,” Adrian growled in annoyance, tightening his grip around my waist. “Let’s go for a walk, Shortcake.”

“No.” I whined. “I don’t want to walk,” I grumbled lazily.

“Fine,” Adrian replied, before I felt my entire body being lifted off the ground as Adrian held me bridal style.

“Adrian! Put me down!” I exclaimed as I felt my entire body pulse with heat from embarrassment.

“I’m having a sense of Déjà vu, Shortcake. Aren’t you?” He smirked, taking me farther away from our small group.

“The only déjà vu I’m about to have is telling you that you’re not getting any tonight.” I glared. He chuckled before pulling me in and placing a kiss on my lips. “We all know that never ends up working out in your favour.”

“Shut up.” I responded childishly.

“Careful Shortcake, I might ‘accidentally’ lose my grip on you.” To make his point more believable, Adrian’s grip loosened around my body; making me squeal in fright and wrap my arms around his neck in an attempt to prevent myself from falling harshly onto the warm sand.

Adrian began to chuckle again before his grip re-tightened itself around my waist and he smirked down at my petrified expression. “I’m sorry, did I frighten you?” he asked mockingly.

“You’re an asshole!” I scowled, begging to loosen my arms from around his neck. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Adrian warned, just as his grip began to loosen again.

I squealed and re-tightened my arms. “Put me down!”

Adrian thought about it for a moment before groaning. “I should actually. You’re the size of a whale. Lay off the fries a little next time.”

My jaw dropped in shock from his comment, but he continued talking. “Unless… Are you pregnant? Is that why you wore the bikini? So your baby bump isn’t so obvious to everyone? Why didn’t you tell me?! I would have-”

“Adrian!” I snapped, glaring up at him. He chuckled at my response before grinning childishly. “I’m kidding. You’re lighter than a whale. I’d say a dolphin maybe. Or two.”

My expression transformed to one of shock once again before he let out a real laugh this time, loud and deep. “I love watching your reactions.”

“Yeah, well, keep this up and you won’t be seeing any reactions,” I snapped angrily.

Adrian’s laughter died down as I watched his eyes scan my face. He pouted once he realised I wasn’t joking. “Aw Shortcake, come on! You know I was joking, right? You’re as light as a hippo-” I whacked him across the head before he could continue.

Adrian chuckled before a group of people caught his attention. “HEY!” he called out, making all 8 sets of heads turn to our direction.

My eyes went wide in mortification before I turned back to him. “What are you doing?” I hissed.

Adrian ignored me as he smirked at the group. “I just found out my soon-to-be wife is pregnant. Aren’t I the luckiest man in the world?” He grinned. The small group just smiled awkwardly in his direction before nodding in agreement.

“NO FUCKING WAY! I’VE JUST WON FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!” Someone cheered from behind us. Adrian spun us both around to face the man who was holding up a small purple lottery ticket.

“I guess you’re not the luckiest man in the world after all,” I mused.

“Please, mate. I make that a week,” Adrian told the guy holding the ticket, who gave him a frown.

“Adrian! Let him have his moment! He just won what you have to work for,” I pointed out smugly.

“Thank you, pretty lady! Do you want to accompany me to collect my prize?” the man asked, winking in my direction.

Adrian’s grip on me instantly tightened as he clenched his jaw at the man. “You have 3 seconds to get away from her before that five million you just won goes down the drain, and so does your existence.”

The man’s eyes widened in horror before he clutched onto the ticket in his hands and scurried off in fright without so much as another word.

“Now,” Adrian spoke up, no longer looking angry, “Where were we?” He smirked, before unexpectedly dropping me onto the warm sand.

I squeaked as I landed with a thud before groaning in pain. “A little bit of a warning would’ve sufficed.”

“Nah. No fun in that, is there?” Adrian grinned, waggling his eyebrows before climbing on top of me.

“What are you doing?” I squeaked, looking around the quiet beach in search for any onlookers who may have been witnessing Adrian’s sudden urge to show PDA. “What do you think I’m doing?” he murmured, before placing a soft trail of kisses onto my neck.

“We’re in public.” I blushed, trying to pry him away from my trapped body.

“I don’t care,” he muttered, shifting so that his entire body was covering my own.

“Adrian.” I gasped as his lips brushed against the soft spot underneath my ear.

A throaty groan sounded from him, followed by a disgusted groan, which caused me to push him off completely.

“When you two get married and visit mom and dad’s place, I want none of this happening every time we leave you two alone for more than 5 minutes.” “Cock block,” Adrian grumbled, sending a toxic glare in Blake’s direction.

“That’s what I’m here for!” Blake replied in a sing-song voice.

“Is there a reason for your rude interruption?” Adrian asked with an impatient look.

“Yes,” Blake replied, his easy smile quickly replaced by a look of unease. “Emily, Rita called Amy and practically begged her to have 5 minutes on the phone with you. Amy’s telling her off now but she told me to come and deliver this news while she was still in queen bitch mode.”

I stiffened from beneath Adrian – who instantly pulled me into his arms for comfort – once Rita’s name was mentioned. “What… What did she say she wanted?” “She wants to explain the reason behind why she…” Blake trailed off. He knew he didn’t have to continue.

“Tell Amy to tell her to Bleep off,” Adrian snapped, growing angry at the mention of Rita. ”We already locked up one asshole – I won’t hesitate to ‘accidentally’ drop her name around the prosecution of the case either.”

“Adrian, calm down,” I murmured, running my hands through his hair gently. He instantly relaxed from my touch; but I could still feel him tensing from the current topic. I sighed before turning back to Blake. “Thanks for letting me know. Just tell Amy to tell her that I do not want to speak to her. What she did was unforgivable.” Blake nodded in understanding before walking back in the direction he came, while Adrian let out a low growl. “What the Bleep does that stupid bitc-”

“Hey! Just because she did that doesn’t give you the right to call her names behind her back,” I scolded, giving him a warning look.

Adrian turned to face me fully with a look of disbelief. “Are you kidding me right now? Emily, the girl practically wrapped you up and gave you to David Walter to be his sex slave! And you’re defending her right now?!”

“I’m not defending her! What she did was wrong and inexcusable. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t call her names behind her back…” I trailed off as I felt my cheeks begin to heat up in embarrassment from how stupid I sounded; even to myself.

Adrian, on the other hand, instantly dropped his angry glare and replaced it with an all too familiar glazed smile before he pulled me in for a long kiss on the lips. “I love you, whale.”

My smile instantly transfigured into an annoyed glare as I pushed him off me. “Idiot.” I scowled.

“’I love you too, Adrian. Your wit and charm and god-sent good looks are what get me through each day without’-”

I rolled my eyes and tried to fight the grin that was fighting its way onto my lips. “Do us all a favour and shut up.” I laughed.

Adrian snapped his mouth shut and turned to face me fully again with an eyebrow raised. “Oh really?”

I didn’t have time to react before he held me down by my waist and dug his fingers into the side of my ribs and began to tickle me; causing me to go into a full-fledged laughing fit.

“She looks and sounds like a whale now. What am I planning to marry?” Adrian asked no one in particular with a mock horrified expression on his face.

My laughing instantly died down and I glared at his smirking face before throwing a bunch of sand at him; using the brief distraction as my getaway.

“You’re asking for it now, Shortcake.” Adrian warned from behind me. I laughed and continued running, well aware of the fact that he was coming up close. Before I was able to get any farther away, his familiar pair of solid arms wrapped themselves around my waist and entrapped me in an embrace I couldn’t wriggle out of.

“Let me go!” I laughed, trying to smack his arms away.

“Say it first,” Adrian replied.

“No.” I grinned, casting him a sidelong glance.

“Well, good luck escaping my arms then.” Adrian shrugged before resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Fine,” I said with fake exasperation. “I love you Dave Franco. Whoops! That was a slip-up!” I gasped with wide eyes, before bursting into a fit of laughter. Adrian glared down at me before spinning me around and picking me up so that I was straddling his hips. “Yep, definitely not letting you go now.”

“Dammit,” I mumbled, before letting another cheesy grin escape.

2 Likes

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by iamgprince: 3:48am On Oct 12, 2019
nice 1 op

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Ann2012(f): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2019
Interesting
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by prisomic(f): 8:03am On Oct 12, 2019
awesome as usual!! welldone op.. rocking d ride till d end

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by DivineSpecial(f): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
Chapter Thirty

“I don’t believe that’s the proper way to go about it, Mr. Kingston.”

“Let me tell you something. The stocks right now are lower than they have been for a while. If you believe that your ‘cutting down’ method is going to help this company, leave and never come back,” Adrian announced impatiently, giving the man an annoyed glare.

“S-Sorry sir, it won’t be brought up again.”

“Good. Now are there any useful suggestions?” Adrian asked with an annoyed look around the conference table.

I took a sip of coffee before speaking up. “Why don’t we just increase our marketing on the hotels we’re losing consumers in? That way we’re increasing the attention in the struggling areas of the company and not losing as much money by spending on areas where it isn’t needed.”

“Yes! Abby thought of a really good marketing campaign last week that would help expand on your idea,” Daniel brought up from across me.

I ignored the glare Adrian gave the man and nodded. “Okay, can you please get her to send up the campaign? Mr. Kingston and I will look over it as soon as we get it and let you all know what his final decision is.”

They all nodded in understanding and looked over at Adrian, who clenched his jaw. “Well? Why are you still here? Get back to work,” he snapped, sending off the table of 20 to scurry out of the room nervously.

“You know Shortcake, sometimes I think you run the company better than I do.” Adrian smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist as I got out of my seat and began stacking loose papers on top of each other.

I gave him a smug smile and pushed him away by his chest. “That’s because I do.”

Adrian pouted. “I was hoping you’d say something along the lines of ‘No baby, you know that’s not true. You’re the best businessman ever to exist on this earth’.”

“And inflate your ego even more? I’d rather not.” I smiled. “Someone’s in a feisty mood today,” Adrian commented. He pulled me into his torso once more before I felt his lips near my ear. “It’s hot.”

“And not going to let you get any,” I replied with another smug grin.

He pulled away slightly and glared down at me. “Why not.”

“Because I said so.”

Adrian’s hand slid down so that he was cupping my backside, and I gasped before looking around the glass-walled room. “Adrian.” I hissed, frowning up at him.

He placed a soft peck on my cheek before pulling away with a slight smirk. “What?” he asked innocently. “Get your hand off my ass before I break your baby maker.”

Adrian mock gasped. “In public? That’s so rude!” he exclaimed in a girly voice, before his grip on my behind tightened slightly as he squeezed.

“Someone is going to see!” I exclaimed, flushing in embarrassment at the thought.

“What’s that thing kids are saying these days? That’s right, yolo.” He began chuckling at his own comment and I rolled my eyes before a smile made its way to my lips.

“Idiot.”

He puckered up his lips and began to make kissing noises while looking down at me. “Just one kiss and I’ll leave you alone and buy you a coffee.”

I shook my head before placing a quick peck on his lips. “Now leave me.”

“No.” He grinned.

“Adrian.” I groaned, trying to wriggle out of his hold.

“Mr. Kingston, Martin Harrison is on the – oh, I’m so sorry!  I didn’t mean to interrupt-”

“You’re not interrupting, Mrs. Brown. Emily here was just trying to make a move on me in the workplace. I should punish her for being so insubordinate.” He kept his eyes on me as he spoke those words. My jaw dropped once the realisation of what he had said settled into my mind and I slapped his chest. “I was not!” I squeaked, growing red in the face as my eyes landed on Suzie and found her smiling knowingly in our direction.

“Transfer the call to line 6, I’ll answer it here,” Adrian told Suzie, dismissing her.

“I just had a weird sense of déjà vu,” I mumbled, frowning slightly.

“Maybe because we’ve been in this position, in this room, while Suzie has walked in on us before.” Adrian smirked, before stealing another quick kiss on my lips.

I scowled once he pulled away from me completely and he chuckled before picking up the phone in the corner; his tone instantly switching to his cold, business one. “Adrian Kingston.”

I quietly continued to gather up the rest of the papers that were scattered all over the desk as Adrian continuously murmured and spoke up in reply to Mr. Harrison on the phone. By the time I was done, I threw my empty coffee cup in the bin that was positioned in the corner of the room just as Adrian put the phone back into its slot and sighed while rubbing his temple in exhaustion.

“Is everything okay?” I asked with a worried frown.

“Martin Harrison wants to up his price on everything we buy with him by 10% or he’ll stop supplying to us.  We have the money for it but I don’t want to agree to it and then regret it later on.” Adrian looked up at me with a tired grimace and my frown deepened.

“When does he want an answer by?”

“Next week.”

“It’s okay, we still have a little time to sort something out. For now, go have a break and eat something to take your mind off things,” I suggested.

“You have to come with me for that to happen Shortcake.” He smirked once he finished talking, and I threw the pen I was holding at him once I realised the double meaning behind his words.

“Pervert.” I scowled.

“You don’t complain about it when we’re-”

“Just stop talking!” I squeaked, cutting him off with wide eyes. “We’ll go eat lunch together. I just need to put all of this stuff upstairs. Are you going to help me?” I asked, referring to the huge stack of files I had in my arms.

He shook his head, grinning. “Nope. Your ass sways side to side even more than usual when you carry shit up to the office. I like to watch.”

I gave him a flat look before I broke and glowered. “Stop being a pervert!”

“Start walking sweetheart,” Adrian spoke up, ignoring my comment.

I huffed in annoyance and attempted to balance the stack of files while walking out of the conference room with as little sway to my hips; knowing that Adrian was looking from behind me. A deep chuckle sounded from him once we almost both made it to the elevator, and he decided to bless me with his help by pressing the button to get the doors opening.

“You look like a penguin trying to waddle back to its home when you walk like that.”

“I wouldn’t have to walk like that if some pervert behind me wasn’t staring,” I shot back, sticking me head out of the tall pile and pulling my tongue out at him.

He shrugged. “I’m your boyfriend, I’m allowed to be a pervert towards you.”

I ignored him just as we reached our floor, and instantly began walking towards our office to get rid of the files and grab my bag.

“Keep walking,” Adrian called out from behind me, amusement thickly enlaced in his tone.

I rolled my eyes and continued to ignore him just as I reached the office door. I sighed in frustration, struggling to get a grip onto the door handle before I felt him come up beside me. “Poor Emily, do you need some help? Why didn’t you ask me earlier?” Adrian asked, giving me a sympathetic look before I felt the entire stack of files being lifted out my arms effortlessly.

“You – ugh!” I groaned, opening the office door with another scowl as he chuckled at my reaction. Adrian placed the stack of files onto the small coffee table in the room just as I collected my handbag and briefly glanced at my phone. “Are you ready to go?”

“I need to use the loo,” Adrian commented, shaking his head.

My face scrunched into a look of confusion. “The what?”

“The loo? The toilet. The bathroom. Whatever you American’s call it.” Adrian dismissed in a bored tone

“Well don’t let me stop you,” I replied sarcastically. “I’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Okay, feisty. Are you getting your period? You’re on fire today, Shortcake.” I turned back around to face Adrian who was already smirking in my direction. “Wait, wait, let me give a go at this. ‘Adrian! Oh my god! Like, don’t say stuff like that!’” he squealed in a girly voice, attempting to imitate me.

I flipped him off and rolled my eyes at his immaturity. “I’ll be downstairs!” I called out before slamming the door shut behind me and leaving Adrian alone in the office.

I decided to text Amy while I waited by Adrian’s car in attempt to look occupied and not as awkward and alone as I felt. Amy replied within 30 seconds after I sent the message, and I smiled down at the phone at her desperate attempt to have company at her job before someone cleared their throat.

I looked up and froze in the position I was in as I realized that Rita was standing in front of me, nodding slightly at the device in my hands. “Adrian?”

I blinked back blankly before a frown etched itself onto my face. “What are you doing here?” My voice was meant to come out strong; instead, it sounded more like a reply to my parents after being scolded for coming home too late.

“I… I came to apologise to you Emily,” Rita responded, a cautious look on her face.

“I don’t want to hear it,” I snapped back in reply. I didn’t bother waiting for her to respond and turned around and began to walk away.

“At least let me tell you the reason behind my actions,” Rita begged from behind me. I stopped walking away and breathed in deeply before turning around and crossing my arms over my chest. “Go.”

The look of surprise on her face showed me how much she was not expecting me to turn around, but she spoke up anyway. “My husband… he… He gambles a lot. We fell into debt just two weeks before I met you for the first time. I was desperate… I didn’t know what to do. Somehow, David found out about our debt and offered me the money if I did what I was told. I didn’t think he’d go to that much extremes, Emily, please believe me. I never wanted to hurt you.”

“Why didn’t you just ask Adrian if you were so desperate for money? You know he would’ve given it to you in a heartbeat; especially if I helped with asking him.” My tone came out bitter; not willing to be sympathetic towards her just yet. She hesitated before responding. “I… I didn’t want to ask that much off of you… or him… please you have to understand-”

I shook my head, cutting her off. “I’m sorry. You have to understand that what you did is so low in my eyes that it’s unforgiveable. You know how much David frightened me. You saw how he kept me prisoner in a hotel room and even hurt me and tried to push for sex-”

“I didn’t know he would-”

Angry tears began to spring up into my eyes. “Yes, you did! And the worst part was you still didn’t think to tell us! You let us believe that Anna was the guilty one and that you were just as angered and uncomfortable at the mention of him just as much as I was!” “Emily, I didn’t-”

“I think you should go,” I interrupted her, my face falling straight as my voice turned cold. “Go before Adrian sees you here. I may be kind enough to hear you out Rita, but he will turn you straight in without a second of hesitation.”

I watched as her own eyes started to gloss over with tears, before she swallowed and nodded briefly. Not saying anything else, she re-adjusted her handbag on her shoulder and turned around and walked away.

Once she was out of sight, I let out a breath I didn’t realise I had been holding in and wiped away my own tears, before turning around and running straight into a solid figure with a familiar smell of cologne. Adrian’s arms automatically wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me into a hug as he looked down at me with a concerned expression. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“I… Rita just came here and apologised…” I whispered, not trusting my voice to reach its full extent just yet.

I felt Adrian’s chest vibrate as a low growl emanated from his throat. “What the Bleep did you just say?”

I opened my mouth to re-state what I said before Adrian glared down at me angrily, cutting me off. “I know what you said. What nerve does that backstabbing bitch have to even bother showing her face near my property?” He scowled angrily.

I sighed before placing my hands on his shoulders. “Adrian. Forget it. She’s gone now, and I didn’t accept her apology anyway.”

“I’m not forgetting what that bitch did to us. I shouldn’t have listened to you and reported her to the police when David Walter’s trial was still on-going.” He glared, clenching his jaw from anger.

“Adrian. Let’s go to lunch. We’re meant to be forgetting anything related to stress. Drop it.” I ordered sternly, looking up at him with my fiercest look.

I watched as his eyes scanned my expression briefly, before I felt him physically un-tense and let out a frustrated sigh. “Fine. Let’s go.” He grumbled, reaching into his pocket and unlocking the car.

2 Likes

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
“Where is my lovely soon-to-be fiancé?”

“We’ve just finished filming the new real estate advertisement. They’re going to send you the final edit by this afternoon. It’s actually really funny. Where are you?”

“I’m on the way to the office, make sure you’re up there by then. Preferably naked.” A mental image of Adrian smirking instantly popped into my mind, and I shook my head with a smile.

“That’s all that’s on your mind. It’s crazy. Don’t you ever get sick of it?” I asked in an exasperated tone.

“I can’t when it involves you Shortcake,” he replied with a chuckle. “Okay, stop imagining it right now,” I stated flatly. “You’re driving.”

His chuckle transformed into a laugh. “How did you know?”

“I have a sixth sense,” I uttered dryly, a slight smirk coming to my own lips.

“Mmmm. Yes you do.” He groaned.

My eyes widened as my face flushed crimson. “Adrian!”

“Keep going Shortcake, you’re just making the scenario in my mind clearer every second.”

I groaned in mortification before speaking up. “I’m hanging up now.” “I’m going to get the police involved with Rita,” Adrian spoke up before I was able to press the end button.

“Adrian, no. David was the one who was behind the entire plan and Rita had her reasons behind helping. We may not approve of those reasons; but we also don’t want to turn as evil as David and ruin her life.” I frowned at the thought of Rita having to leave her husband and child to go to prison.

Adrian, however, was not on the same page. In fact, he was reading a completely different book. “I don’t give a Bleep if we ruin her life. She helped a man kidnap you Emily; and for what? A couple of thousands of dollars which she could have asked from us. What thick part of your pretty head isn’t getting that?!” He snapped through the phone. “Adrian, we’ll talk about this when we get home, okay?” I sighed, rubbing my temple tiredly and ignoring the insult. I was not in the mood to argue – especially if this was the topic.

“Don’t use that tired voice with me. You’re the one that’s making this shit so complicated.” He scowled, before the line went dead.

I let out a frustrated growl before throwing my phone onto the sofa in the office and began walking to the matte glass door to get away from the office for a while before soft knock sounded at the office door.

“What?” I snapped, indicating for the person to come in.

Suzie opened the door cautiously, her eyes slightly wider than usual as she took a slow step inside. “I… I’m very sorry to interrupt…” She trailed off, sounding afraid to speak.

Guilt instantly shot through my veins and my scowl instant dropped. “I’m so sorry Suzie, I didn’t mean to snap at you like that.”

“It’s okay sweetie, what else am I here for?” She laughed.

A guilty smile played at my lips before she spoke up again. “Abby has almost finalised the campaign you and Mr. Kingston confirmed two weeks ago. Did you want to see the last version or do you just want her to finish it all before she brings it up here?”

“Tell her to work on it as much as she can today and then bring up whatever she has tomorrow for us to check. Thank you for letting me know, and… I’m really sorry about before.” I brought up again, still feeling guilty.

Suzie waved me off. “Emily, it’s fine! We all have our moments, you don’t need to apologise to me about it. I’ll let Abby know and leave you alone.” She smiled, before shutting the door softly and leaving me with my thoughts again.

How was I making things more complicated by the fact that I didn’t want Rita to be arrested for helping David Walter? The way I saw it, Adrian would have to go through even more trouble than he did with David Walter, and the entire process with court would repeat itself. Adrian was barely able to keep his anger in after David’s trial – and by barely I mean punching him straight in the jaw – how was he going to contain his anger around Rita, someone he knew and thought he could trust?

I let out another tired sigh and turned to go into the connected room once again before the phone on my desk shrilled to life, filling the empty silence in the office.

“Kingston Corporation,” I answered once I reached my desk.

“Is this a Ms. Emily Johnson?” a female spoke through the phone.

“This is she, who, may I ask, is calling?” I asked with a slight frown. I usually never got personal calls unless another secretary was trying to reach Adrian through me.

“There’s been a car accident,” the female voice responded. “It involves Mr. Kingston Suddenly, everything around me disappeared from my sight. I barely heard her utter the location of the hospital he was in, before the phone dropped out of my hands and I was out of the office.
“I’m sorry Miss, only family is allowed-”

“I’m his girlfriend. Let me in,” I snapped, glaring at the nurse angrily.

Her eyebrows widened in shock before she stepped aside. “I’m sorry.”

I ignored her and rushed into the small hospital room; instantly coming to halt once I almost collided into a doctor who was standing at the end of the hospital bed.

He turned to me just as he flipped the pages back onto the clipboard. “Emily Johnson, I presume?”

“How… how do you know me? How is he? Is it bad?” I asked, my tone growing desperate.

The doctor turned to face me fully. “I’m Dr. Langston. Mr. Kingston is in a stable condition. He just has a minor concussion, a few broken ribs, a broken wrist and a broken leg and heavy bruising; but he should be fully recovered over the next few months. He was asking for you before the medication took over.”

We both looked over At Adrian’s sleeping figure, which had a bandage wrapped around his head and wrist. His leg was also wrapped and elevated from the bed and purple splotches covered whatever skin was uncovered.

I temporarily forgot about Dr. Langston’s figure beside me and instantly made my way to Adrian’s side as I observed his injuries at a more detailed level. His bottom lip was slightly swollen and his shoulder also had a bandage covering his skin.

Guilt replaced any blood running through my veins as tears sprung to my eyes. I recalled the conversation over the phone earlier. It was all my fault that he had an accident; all because I was too stubborn to temporarily agree with him over the phone until I had the chance to discuss it and change his mind in person. I grabbed a hold of his uninjured hand and entwined our fingers before kissing his knuckles softly. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered.

Somehow, I had fallen asleep with Adrian’s hand still intertwined in my own and my head resting on the edge of the hospital bed; waking up to the sound of a woman letting out a wail before my body was engulfed in a hug.

“Emily, thank god you’re here. His doctor isn’t here and the nurses here are useless. Is my son okay? What happened?” Her voice was thick from tears, and I pulled back to see a bloodshot-red-eyed Katherine, with Mason lingering in the background.

“I… He has a broken leg and wrist, and broken ribs. The doctor said he should recover over the next few months…” I trailed off, biting my lip and looking over at Adrian’s bruised sleeping figure.

“Has he woken up at all since then?” Katherine asked.

“I have. Can you guys talk any fucking louder?” Adrian groaned, making all three heads snap back to look at him. “Turn off the lights too, dammit. What does a guy have to do around here to keep his sight?”

“Adrian.” I breathed, tears springing to my eyes once again. I rapidly blinked them back in and mentally scolded my period for creating such crazy mood swings.

“Has the accident made me someone else? Obviously it’s me. Unless… shit how much damage did it do to my face? Who cares, I’m good looking either way.”

“Only my idiot of a son would say something like that after almost dying.” Mason chuckled. I looked over him to see relief hidden within his eyes even though he tried to make a joke out of it.

“Hey, I get my humour from you. Mother is too dry to be funny.”

“I’m so glad you’re okay!” Katherine wailed, before gushing over to her son and pulling him into what looked like a painful hug.

Adrian let out another groan. “I’m fine. You can stop now.” His voice came out muffled and a smile made its way to my lips as he stiffly tried to pry his mother’s grip off himself with his uninjured hand.

“What the hell did you do to get into a car accident this severe!” she exclaimed angrily. “I was speeding because I wanted to get to Emily as quickly as possible and kind of ran a red light…” He gave a sheepish smile to his mother before his gaze landed on me.

“Why did you want to get to me so quickly? I thought you were angry with me because of-”

“We got here as fast as we could! Is Adrian okay? Where is he? Shit, is he asleep – Adrian! Man, you look like shit.” Like Mason, Allen tried to make a joke out of the situation, although there was a serious demeanour to his words.

Amy and Blake trailed in after him; Amy looking down at her feet and Blake glaring at the back of Allen’s head. My eyebrows shot up in surprise as I examined the situation more closely, before putting a mental reminder to ask Amy about that later.

“Mate, have you seen your own reflection lately? You always look like shit,” Adrian fired back, smirking slightly before grimacing in pain. “Can I get some water?” he asked no one in particular.

Katherine nodded eagerly before anyone else had the chance to react to the question, and was out the door as soon as it was mentioned.

“I’m glad you’re okay Adrian,” Amy finally spoke up, looking up at him. My eyes immediately looked over at Allen and Blake, who were both watching her before meeting each other’s gazes and glaring.

“This is the part where you’re supposed to say you don’t know how your best friend would last without me, and then I agree with you and bring up the solution to that,” Adrian continued for Amy, who gave him a confused look.

I mirrored her expression as he tried to reach out to take hold of his suit jacket. “Allen mate, for once in your life stop being a useless prat and give me my jacket.” Adrian ordered sarcastically, giving Allen an annoyed glare.

Allen laughed before throwing the jacket at Adrian’s face. “Fetch, injured doggy.”

Adrian scowled. “Idiot.” He shoved his hand into the inside pocket of his jacket and began rummaging for something as he spoke up. “Emily, come here for a second. I need your help.” Frowning curiously, I made my way over towards his battered figure, taking my previous seat beside him. “What’s wrong?”

“This near-death experience made me realise something-”

“You were nowhere near death,” Mason scoffed from the opposite end of the room. “Stop being a pussy.”

Adrian glared at his father before turning back to me and continuing. “Okay, I lied. I was going to do this whether I was in a car accident or not. I’ve just come to the complete realisation on how I feel about us.”

My eyes went wide and I instantly stiffened in my position. “Are… Are you breaking up with me?” I whispered, not trusting my voice in front of everyone.

“What the hell, son?” Mason exclaimed, taking a step closer towards the bed. “Are you crazy?”

“Don’t you dare break my best friend’s heart, you prick! If that wasn’t your death bed; I’ll make sure it is now!” Amy scowled, also taking a step closer towards Adrian.

Adrian sighed, looking over at all of them. “I really didn’t want to do it in front of all of you,” he grumbled irritably, shooting them a stone cold glare and shutting them up completely.

“Adrian… If this is about Rita-”

“Let me speak!” he snapped, before letting out an impatient sigh. “Bleep it. Emily, Marry me. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else but you. I was trying to make a romantic speech but they all killed my mood; so that’s as romantic as it’s going to get.”

Adrian pulled out a small, navy coloured velvet box from beside him and popped it open, revealing a platinum engagement ring with a square diamond the size of my fingernail.

“What did I miss – oh my god.” Katherine came to an abrupt halt at the doorway as her eyes landed on the navy box Adrian was holding, her eyes widening as she looked over the piece of jewelry again. I turned back to observe the expensive looking engagement ring myself.

“Adrian…” I trailed off, tears springing to my eyes. I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to stop it from wobbling and nodded as a smile tugged itself at my lips. “Yes, I’ll marry you,” I whispered, my smile turning to a full outward grin.

Adrian fist-pumped with a pained expression before slipping the huge ring onto my finger and slouching back onto the bed looking worn out. “Finally. If I knew you’d accept this quickly, I would’ve had a car accident sooner,” Adrian grumbled, before sending a slight smirk in my direction.

I choked on my tears before slapping his arm softly. “Stop being an idiot.”

“Can this idiot at least get a post proposal and car accident kiss?” Adrian grinned with a cheeky glint in his eyes.

My smile didn’t leave my lips as I leaned in and placed my lips over his, pulling away and blushing once a collective groan erupted from the room.

“MY BEST FRIEND IS FINALLY ENGAGED!” Amy squealed suddenly, running over to where I was now standing and pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. “I’ve got the reception planned out and the flower arrangements! Oh, and I think I know the perfect little boutique where you can find nice bridesmaid dresses! We’ll go there another day – it doesn’t have to be now. I think I can even call up-”

“Amy!” I laughed, cutting her off. “Calm down, you have like an entire year to plan this out; I mean, never mind the fact that I didn’t actually assign you to be my maid of honour.”

“You have no other friends, obviously it’s going to be me.” Amy scoffed. “Hold on a minute, Shortcake, what do you mean a year?” Adrian exclaimed angrily. “I can’t wait that long!”

“Don’t make me call it off already,” I told Adrian, giving him a warning look.

“I’ll just get into another car accident,” he replied with a smirk.

“Adrian!”

He grinned and waggled his eyebrows in my direction before lifting up his uninjured wrist to usher me over. “I want another kiss. I’m hurting.” He pouted, before it turned into another smirk.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a small smile before walking back over to him and placing a brief kiss on his lips. Allen laughed once I pulled away. “He’s not getting some for a while. It’s okay, Em, I can fulfil his position while he’s out of order.” He winked.

“That’s my fiancé you’re talking to,” Adrian growled, sending a death glare in Allen’s direction.

“And my best friend!” Amy scowled.

“Dude, and my little sister,” Blake commented with a grimace.

“And now my official daughter in law with big boobs.” Mason grinned, imitating Adrian’s earlier move and waggling his eyebrows at me.

“Mason!” Katherine scolded, shaking her head at him before smiling at me.

I laughed at everyone’s remarks before letting out a small contented sigh, glad to have gone for the job of Adrian’s assistant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
Epilogue

One Year Later…

“Emily, stand still!” Amy snapped, looking up at me with a menacing scowl etched into her features.

“I’m sorry? I’m not shaking on purpose,” I mumbled, looking back up at my frantic reflection before biting my lip. “Are you sure I should be getting married, Ames? I mean, we’ve only been engaged for a year-”

“And you’ve put up with each other for two years. Of course you should be getting married! I need to be a maid of honour, you and Adrian love each other very much, Mason has been droning on about how he wants to get tipsy and strip on your wedding night and your parents have been waiting for this day since you were a child! You know that this is the right choice; you’re just having pre-wedding nerves. Calm down.” She coached in a calm voice, getting out of her crouched position and pulling me into a warm, comforting hug.

“Yeah. Plus, you’re getting married to me; that’s the right choice on everybody’s list.” A new, deeper voice chuckled, making both Amy and I shriek. “You look beautiful, Shortcake. Even better than what I pictured in my head.” Adrian smirked playfully with a glint of admiration in his eyes.

“Adrian! Its bad luck to see your bride before the wedding actually starts!” I stressed, my eyes growing wide.

Adrian’s smirk dropped to a scowl. “How the hell was I supposed to know that? I’ve never been married before!” he retorted. “And who cares anyway. You shouldn’t believe in bad luck because you’re marrying me.” He stated it as if it was an obvious fact to know, and I rolled my eyes and grinned at his arrogance.

“I don’t know how you managed to fit your ego in this room but you need to leave, the ceremony starts in 10 minutes! You’re meant to be out there waiting for her to walk down the aisle!” Amy stressed, leaving my side and walking over to Adrian to push him out of the room.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ve watched enough Rom-Com’s with this one to know the procedure. I’ll look at her like she’s the only woman in the room and blah, blah, blah. That’s pretty stupid, since your whole family is practically 94% female-”

“OUT!” Amy snapped, attempting to push his large frame out the door.

“Wait! I want a kiss before I go!” Adrian begged.

Both Amy and I gave him an incredulous look. “You’re going to kiss me in like 15 minutes!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah but that’s going to be me kissing my wife. I need to kiss you now as my fiancé.” Adrian plucked Amy’s hands away from his back like they were pieces of lint before walking over to where I was standing with a smirk. “Pucker up,” he ordered while waggling his eyebrows. Amy huffed from behind us and muttered something inaudible as I shook my head and tried to hide my grin from him. “Remind me why I agreed on marrying you again?” I asked.

“Because of this,” he stated, before wrapping the entire length of his right arm around my waist and pulling me into a deep kiss that left me breathless once he finally decided to pull away. “My wife better kiss like you just did,” he mumbled once he pulled away.

“That’s highly likely considering the fact that we’re the same person,” I mused.

“Your kiss might change once you have that ring on your finger.”

“I highly doubt it, Adrian.” I laughed. “Have I mentioned how beautiful you look? I don’t think I can look at you enough,” Adrian murmured looking down at my dress.

“Okay lovebirds, enough! Adrian, you better get your ass back to the altar or so help me God-”

“Relax, woman! She’s so touchy. Is she going through menopause?” Adrian grumbled, bringing his gaze back to meet mine.

“That’s it,” Amy snapped, growing red in the face from anger. “You’ve crossed the line there! Out!”

Adrian chuckled and pecked my nose before narrowly avoiding Amy’s fist and running out of the room in hysterics. “I’ve changed my mind. Don’t get married to him.” Amy scowled.

I laughed and stepped off the small stool before turning to face Amy fully. “You’re due for your period.”

“What if I am?” she asked, narrowing her eyes slightly.

I laughed. “Nothing! I’m just making an observation.”

“Well, so am I; you look so beautiful.” Amy breathed, taking in the final product once I stood facing her front on. “My best friend is getting married,” she whispered, tears coming to her eyes. “Ugh! Bleep you, Emily! Now my makeup is going to smudge!” She wailed, before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. “Sorry?” I laughed, pulling away with a confused look.

Amy was about to reply before a soft knock sounded at the door. “If it’s that asshole coming in again-”

“It’s not Adrian. He wouldn’t knock. Who is it?” I called out, focusing on the glass door curiously.

A moment later it clicked open, and my mother, clad in a peach coloured blazer and skirt, walked in while wiping her eyes. She began to grin as her gaze fell on me, before she burst into tears again. Seeing my own mother cry made my chest swell up with emotion, and I felt my own eyes begin to water at the sight.

“No way! Don’t you dare cry on your wedding day!” Amy snapped, forcing my gaze away from my mom and making me focus on her angry expression. “Stop it!” Stop!” she ordered snippily, before turning to my mom. “You’re coming with me.” She dragged my hysterical mother out the door, slamming it shut behind her and leaving me alone in the small, silent room.

I sighed and looked at my reflection once more just as the door clicked open again. I looked through the reflection to find Katherine entering the room, coming to a halt once her eyes landed on my all-in-white figure.

“You look breathtaking,” she complimented, her eyes widening slightly on her usually composed face.

I turned away from the mirror and smiled in her direction. “Thank you… Is… Is my mom okay?” “She’s just happy for you. Are you ready?” she asked.

It was funny how one three-worded question could have such an impact on your internal functions. My breathing had suddenly become heavier and my heartbeat was now in the middle of my eardrums – beating violently against my head and making me even more nervous than I was previously.

I tried to swallow the nervous feeling away before nodding my head. “I… yeah, I’m ready,” I managed to squeak.

“It’s okay Emily, there’s no need to be nervous. This is your big day. Enjoy it.” Katherine gave me a comforting smile before sticking her hand out for me to take. “My son hasn’t stopped yapping about howbeautiful you look to everyone in the church. Has he already seen you?”

I felt my cheeks warm up at the fact that Adrian was telling over 400 people something that was known to be bad luck before nodding. “He has.”

“Well, I can’t say it wasn’t expected from him.” She smiled briefly, just as my father came into view. “I’ve come to drop off the bride. The other mother had a bit of a breakdown,” Katherine joked.

“I knew she would. But do you blame her? My princess looks spectacular.” My father’s attention had shifted so that he was looking at me now; and the same look my mom wore before she burst into tears settled onto his aging features. “I’m so happy I’m alive to see this moment.” He pulled me into a warm hug. “I love you, princess.”

“I love you too, dad.” I smiled slightly, before turning back to Katherine and nodding.

“I’ll let them know,” she replied, before disappearing.

“Are you ready kiddo?” My father grinned, looking down at me.

“Dad, I’m 25. No longer a ‘kiddo,’” I grumbled.

“Oh. Well excuse me, Miss Maturity now?” he grumbled. “This wedding business is getting to your head.”

I frowned and opened my mouth to reply just as another, louder voice spoke up. “All rise for the bride.”

It was then that the collective whispers that I had not noticed in the background fell to a complete silence, just as a loud burst of the organ echoed throughout the large room.

My father linked his arm in with mine; his face radiating with emotion as he nodded down at me. I smiled and kissed his cheek before nodding in return.

We began our long descent down the aisle. My gaze briefly flickered over to the guests that were by my side and I smiled at those with familiar faces while focusing on my footing underneath the puffy dress.

Suddenly, I felt the dress become half the weight it was before and heard Amy’s puffing come from behind me as she lifted up the train of my dress in an attempt to make it easier for me to walk. My eyes then went back to the little boy in front of me, and I held back a laugh as Sienna’s son Michael walked with as much caution as he could muster up while focusing on the rings in front of him.

Then I looked up at Adrian. I understood what movies were now trying to portray during wedding scenes; but they didn’t do it well enough. I think Adrian was also eating up his earlier words as he looked at me from his standing position at the altar; the both of us fighting back grins. It didn’t even feel like my father was beside me, walking me down the aisle anymore. Any additional decorations and even the loud harmonic tune of the organ faded away as I arrived in front of my soon-to-be husband and he smiled down at me with an all too familiar glazed look in his eye. My father kissing my cheek and pulling me into another brief hug was what pulled me out of my trance, and I quickly wrapped my own arms around his thick torso before we both pulled away. Amy had taken my bouquet out of my hands and was now standing with Anna, Claire and Molly just as I took my position across from Adrian and looked over at a grinning Blake, a smirking Allen and two more of Adrian’s friends, Daniel and Mathew.

The minister began. “We are gathered here today on this happy and joyous occasion to join this man, and this woman, in holy matrimony.”

“Tonight won’t be holy, I can assure you that, Shortcake.” Adrian whispered with a smirk. My eyes widened and I felt my entire face heat up in shock and mortification before I looked over at the minster, hoping he didn’t hear Adrian’s hushed promise.

Thankfully, the old man continued without hesitation. “Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honour by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.”

“When do we get to kiss?” Adrian asked the minister, initiating a collective gasp, followed by a few chuckles in the large room. The minister – who looked like he was about to slap Adrian for disrespecting the tradition – answered snippily. “You’ll be able to kiss your bride soon enough.”

“I want to kiss her now. Let’s skip all the ‘I do’s’ for now; we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t want to love, comfort, honour and keep each other in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to each other for as long as you both shall live if we weren’t certain of our love.” Adrian told the minister flippantly, before giving him an expectant look.

“You were able to recite all of that, but you weren’t able to wait for a simple ‘I do’?”

“No,” Adrian snapped, losing his patience. The minister shook his head and sighed, muttering something that sounded inappropriate for church, before closing the book shut. “With these rings, you shall wed.”

Adrian grabbed my hand and slid the ring onto my marriage finger, grinning excitedly in the process, before handing over the plain gold band to me. I sighed at his impatience and tried not to laugh at his child-in-a-candy-shop expression before slipping his wedding band on and looking over at the minister.

“I’m so sorry about him,” I apologised in a hushed tone, making the guests in the first few rows laugh.

“It’s alright dear, I can see someone is eager to be married. So, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss-”

The minister wasn’t even able to finish his sentence as I felt Adrian’s arms encircle my waist and pull me into another deep kiss, before lifting me up bridal style and making me let out a high-pitched squeak of surprise.

“My wife kisses better than my fiancé,” he announced, making both Amy and me laugh while the others looked at us in confusion.

“Does that mean I can take you to the hotel room and have my way with you now?” Adrian asked, smirking.

I gave him a flat look. “No. We still have to go to the reception!”

Adrian groaned in annoyance before walking me down the aisle – still in his arms. “Can’t they go without us?”

“Keep this up and the only way you’ll be having tonight is the highway back home while I enjoy the lovely hotel room alone,” I warned. “Oh! Did you tell Vera Wang that I said thank you for the dress?”

“Oh no.” He began in a deadpan voice. “I must have forgotten to; even after the 13 messages and constant reminders over breakfast.”

I scowled. “No need to be sarcastic.”

He began to make smooching noises. “I want another kiss.”

“Yeah, well, I want your mother to have my daughter-in-law’s boobs; but we can’t all get what we want in life can we?” A new voice spoke up just as we exited the church.

I laughed and Adrian rolled his eyes just as Mason Kingston stood in front of us and grinned. “Congrats, bestie. Now he’s your bitch for real.” Mason winked, before placing a kiss on my cheek and ruffling Adrian’s hair – who didn’t even bother to get it styled in the first place.

“Don’t worry, Mase, I’ll make sure to keep him on his toes just for you.” I winked, grinning.

“Let’s just get this day over and done with so nighttime can come faster and I can finally do what I’ve wanted to do all day – you.” Adrian spoke up, looking down at me with a broad grin.

“Adrian… I didn’t want to tell you before because I didn’t want to disappoint you on your wedding day, but… we can’t have sex. I… it’s that time of the month…” I trailed off, biting my lip to refrain from laughing at the lie I knew would shatter him.

“Don’t lie to me. I checked the bin this morning after you left to make sure-”

“You did what?! That is so disgusting, Adrian! What the hell!”

Adrian burst into a fit of laughter just as we arrived at the while limousine that was taking us to the reception hall. “I was joking Shortcake; although, maybe I should do that the next time you try to lie to me like that…” He trailed off.

“Don’t you dare or I will file for a divorce,” I warned, pointing my finger up at his nose.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
“How long is the drive to the reception from here?” Adrian asked the driver suddenly, ignoring my warning completely.

“Uh… Depending on the traffic sir. It could take 20-30 minutes.”

“Good. Take the long way-”

“Oh no you don’t. Take the normal route and ignore him,” I ordered with a firm tone, before pressing the button to close the driver off completely so Adrian wouldn’t influence him any further.

“Hey! I’m paying for this service!” Adrian protested.

My eyebrows shot up. “Oh, is that the case? I guess I’ll just get out and ride with someone else. Maybe Daniel or Allen are willing-” “No! No, forget what I said,” he grumbled.

“Do you hate people that much that you want to take the long way to our wedding?” I asked with a look of disbelief.

“No, I was hoping I’d get some in the time it took to get there. That’s why I wanted to make it longer.” Adrian smirked, moving closer towards and me and pulling me onto his lap – my puffy dress taking up most of the space in the car.

“Are you that impatient?!” I asked with a skeptical look.

“It’s not my fault you look so beautiful today. Have I told you how beautiful you look? Absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen anyone more beautiful than you, Emily.”

The fact that Adrian used my name instead of calling me Shortcake usually meant that he was serious – and for a moment, I actually believed him – then that familiar triumphant glint attached itself to his gaze and I found my eyes narrowing as I slapped his chest lightly. “Don’t try to flatter me into doing what you want in here.”

His victorious look instantly disappeared and was replaced with one of disbelief. “How did you know?! Is this the bad luck thing you were talking about? Me not getting any on my wedding night?”

“No. I’m just that good.” I smirked, pretending to check my nails out before grinning cheekily at him.His gaze lingered on my smile momentarily before he shook his head and pulled me in for a short kiss. “I’m glad I fell in love with you.”

My grin slowly faded as I looked into his eyes. There was no glint in them this time, and my face instantly sobered up as a genuine smile tugged at my lips. “I’m glad I fell in love with you too.”

He snapped out of his glazed look after that and smirked. “So does that mean I can get some?”

I scowled and got off his lap before tripping over the layers of my dress. “Sure. If you can find a body part of mine underneath all of this material,” I mumbled sarcastically.

Adrian, however, took it as a yes, and instantly began bunching up the white material – desperately searching for any sign of a human limb; making me laugh at his determination.
Two Years Later…

I hated being pregnant.

You’d think I would’ve learnt to go on birth control a year and a half ago after having my first child and resembling a beach ball – but no, my lovely husband wouldn’t have that.

“Adrian, have you called Maria and checked up on Mason?” I spoke up randomly, cutting Adrian short of his sentence in the middle of the interview with a new neighbouring industry. Adrian frowned at the interruption. “Yes Emily, 15 minutes before we came into this room, remember?” he asked with a warning look etched onto his features.

A brief flashback of the both of us standing at the entrance of our biggest meeting room as Adrian spoke rapidly over the phone to Maria, our babysitter and housekeeper, while I stuffed my face with the 5th Krispy Kreme donut that was meant for the CEO sitting two chairs down from me.

I nodded sheepishly and took a sip of water in an attempt to avert the attention from myself before rubbing my stomach with a small smile on my face. The small life that currently inhabited my uterus was due any day now, and the amount of impatience Adrian was feeling towards this baby’s birth was annoying and amusing at the same time.

I didn’t want to know the sex of the baby this time around; I wanted it as a surprise for the both of us. Adrian, however, was beyond pissed off at that fact because he was no longer able to buy toys and presents for the child based on its gender like he did with Mason – and it was killing him internally.

“You could always buy yellow things, you know,” I spoke up, unaware that I accidentally interrupted the meeting yet again.

Adrian looked up, a frown of confusion engraved onto his forehead. “For what?”

I frowned. “The baby!” Adrian’s frown increased. “Okay, I’ll buy it yellow things when this very important meeting is over.” The tone in his voice was final, and another warning look was given from him.

“Sorry,” I whispered.

“Mr. Kingston, the price you want to sell these products for is barely enough to boost both your hotel’s financials as well as my company. We should increase the pricing by at least $15.00 to earn a fair share of the products sold-”

“Oh right, and make our future customers broke from their first purchase? Keep in mind that not everyone comes from a particularly wealthy background,” Adrian pointed out in a stone cold voice, narrowing his eyes at the CEO. “You tell him.” I nodded, frowning angrily at the CEO myself.

“Emily, one more chance,” Adrian growled, almost losing his temper completely.

Then I felt it happen. It wasn’t painful – it felt more like a popping sensation throughout my body, before the velvet material of the chair began to soak up all the water that was currently running down my leg.

“Shit,” I muttered, before looking up at Adrian helplessly.

“What now?” he snapped, glaring down at me in complete rage. His glare instantly transfigured into a look of panic once I nodded in his direction and my hand flew to my stomach. “Now?!” he asked, hazel eyes widening at the sight of me.

“Right now,” I confirmed in an uncomfortable voice, not liking the feeling of moisture in between my legs.

“Bleep,” Adrian muttered, before looking around the room. “Gentlemen, we’ll continue another day; I’m about to be the father of another one of my creations.”

“Adrian.” I groaned through clenched teeth as my first contraction ripped through my stomach, causing me to moan out in pain again.

“Oh shit. What the hell? Why is it happening so fast? How fucking eager is this kid to see the light of the world?! IT’S NOT THAT GREAT, STAY IN YOUR MOTHER!” Adrian yelled at my stomach.

“Oh my God, Adrian! Get me to a hospital and stop talking!” I snapped, trying to lift myself off the now soaking chair.

“We’re just going to go…” the CEO trailed off suddenly, looking in my direction with a horrified expression.

“I told you to do that 5 minutes ago,” Adrian barked, glaring at the men once again. Their eyes widened at his tone and scurried out of the conference room before any other words could be shared.

“Please, please I don’t want to do this again,” I begged, looking over at Adrian with a desperate look. “Why haven’t you called anyone yet?!” I screeched, just as another contraction tore through my lower stomach region like a ripple effect.

Adrian looked around the room again, hurriedly nodding to himself in the process. “Oh shit, right, um, here! Hold this!” A thin black inked pen was suddenly shoved into my grasp, before Adrian froze in front of me and realised what he had just done. “…Break it. Maybe it’ll make you feel better?”

I started laughing hysterically – partly because of the fact that Adrian had given me a pen in his moment of panic and partly because I was feeling another contraction coming along soon and was not ready to experience the pain again.

“Hospital,” Adrian squeaked, his usual deep voice also being overridden by panic.

“Why are you so nervous this time? When I was having Mason, you were all like ‘yeah that’s cool. Oh wait, what? Oh you’re in labour. I’ll talk to you at the hospital then. Shut up and stop your moaning, Emily it can’t be that bad.’ Remember that?” My eyebrows shot up as I gave him a condescending look as I recalled my first birthing experience.

Adrian cringed. “Yes, I do remember that, but that was before I… before I experienced the miracle of life.” His cringe increased as he shuddered – most likely due to recalling a memory of his own.

I clenched my teeth together and squeezed my eyes shut tight just as another contraction violently attacked the inside of my stomach. “Yeah, I get it. Seeing the thing you like sticking your penis into so much open up and produce a baby within 8 hours isn’t great. But do you want to know something worse? Making that freaking thing open up for a freaking head to pop out of while you stand and watch! So get me to a freaking hospital now!” I cried, clenching my round stomach in pain.

“Shit, okay! I’m sorry!” Adrian stressed, before picking me up bridal style. He didn’t seem to mind the fact that my pants suit was soaked with water, or the fact that my weight was currently equivalent to that of a blue whale.

“You said sorry…” I trailed off, feeling tears brim the surface of my eyes.

Adrian looked down at me with a confused frown before briefly shaking his head in question. “Why are you crying about that?”

“Because you never say sorry. You didn’t even say sorry to me when I really wanted those broccoli pieces in the refrigerator and you chomped on them I front of me to piss me off even though you hate broccoli and you know how much I wanted that broccoli and you still ate it and now I really feel like broccoli because-”

“EMILY! Calm down! I’m sorry for that too. I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done to you up until this moment now please stop crying in my arms you’re making this even harder than it is because you’re so fucking fat. Well you aren’t, but that child inside you is. Or maybe it is you. I don’t know.” Adrian shrugged just as we got to the white BMW that was recently purchased by Adrian specifically for ‘pregnancy emergencies’.

“Just get me to the damned hospital.” I scowled, slapping his arm as he put me in the car gently. “Yes boss.” He smirked, before sneaking a quick peck on my lips.
“Come on Mrs. Kingston, just a couple of more pushes!”

“Are you kidding me? JUST PULL THE STUPID THING OUT!” I roared, glaring down at my doctor.

“Shortcake, there is no way I’d let anyone treat something I made like that. Push it out and I’ll change its nappy for the entire month,” Adrian offered, forcing me to turn to the side and face him.

He was smirking down at me, and I clenched my jaw angrily before turning back to the doctor. “Do you see what I live with,” I stated. “I… I don’t mean to ask at such an inappropriate time but… what is a nappy?” the nurse beside me asked, making me turn to the opposite side of Adrian in the process.

“It’s his dumbass British way of saying diapers,” I grumbled, before screeching out in pain again.

“They’re almost out, Emily! Just one more push!”

“Come on Shortcake, you’ve done this with Mason, you can do this again. Just be angry! Think of the broccoli. Or the time I broke every Blu-Ray disk that contained the actor that shall not be named because you claimed to love him more than me.” Adrian’s face grew dark at that. “You mean… Dave Franco?” I drawled out, before bursting out into a fit of continuous laughter as both Adrian’s fists and jaw began to clench.

A high-pitched cry suddenly came from the other end of my bed, cutting my laughter short and forcing both Adrian and me to look at the baby that was moving around in Dr. Geller’s arms. She smiled down at it, before looking up at the both of us. “It’s a girl.”

And suddenly, any pain that I was experiencing temporarily faded from my body as Dr. Geller wrapped my newly born baby girl in a blanket and handed her over to me.

Adrian, who was still silent beside me, crouched down to our level just as the same expression of adoration and wonder settled into his features. He didn’t seem to mind the fact that I was all sticky from sweat, and that our baby was still slick with the contents of my uterus.

He just stared at her for a few moments longer, before turning to face me with the same amazed look. “You did it.” He smiled slightly, before placing a light kiss on my sweaty forehead.

“We did it,” I whispered, before looking down at my baby girl again.

“Okay, I understand how fun it was for you when we did it, but I was talking about the birthing part,” Adrian pointed out, his trademark smirk appearing onto his face.

“Adrian!” I exclaimed quietly, just as the baby stirred in my arms. “You do realise you gave birth to her by laughing, right?” my doctor pointed out, a slightly amused smile on her face.

My face began to burn up as I tried laughing. “Really?”

She nodded. “Thanks to your husband.”

“What’s new.” Adrian shrugged, before dusting off imaginary dust from his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, before my attention was solely focused on my child again. “We have to name her,” I murmured softly, smiling down at her sleeping figure.

“I’m sorry Emily, but we’re going to have to take her away for now to get her cleaned up. Plus, your placenta still needs to come out and she can’t be in your arms while that’s happening.” Dr. Geller spoke up, bursting the small bubble that was unconsciously made around me and my child.

“Oh… Of course.” I nodded in understanding, remembering my previous pregnancy. A nurse came up beside me and smiled while extending her arms out, waiting for me to put my child in her arms.

“I think we should call her Alana,” Adrian suddenly spoke up. “Mason and Alana.”

“Alana,” I repeated, more to myself. “I like it.” I smiled, placing a soft kiss on Alana’s forehead before gently passing her over to the nurse. She smiled and nodded before walking away with her, and I looked over at Adrian with the same smile on my lips. Adrian held up a phone in my face. “I googled its meaning. It’s beautiful and harmony.”

“Mr. Kingston, there are no cell phones in the labour room!” Dr. Geller scolded, frowning at him.

Adrian scoffed. “As if I’m going to listen to that stupid rule.”

Another sharp pain shot through my stomach. “Here we go again,” I groaned, wincing in pain as another contraction made way.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
“Where is she?” “I’m not letting her anywhere near you, mate,” Adrian scowled, glaring down at Allen. “You’ll corrupt her before she’s even able to open her eyes.”

“Okay, well what about me?! I’m not Allen!” Amy pointed out, a begging form starting to overcome her entire body.

“No, you’re too loud. You’ll wake her up.” Adrian grunted. “Can you all go home? I want to be alone with my family.” He glared at both our parents, my brother and our friends for a while, trying to emphasize his point.

“We are your family, you little bitch,” Mason argued, glaring back at his son.

“You’re my family, but you’re not my family,” Adrian replied, as if the argument he was trying to get across was clear as day. I sighed. “Adrian, they want to see their new grandchild/niece and yes I am including you both as brother and sister,” I clarified, looking at Allen and Amy.

“Well about time!” Amy spoke up, sarcasm thick in her tone.

“They can see her another day.” Adrian whined, turning around and pouting at me.

“You said that to them yesterday!” I argued.

“Mama,” Little Mason spoke up, climbing up and sitting beside me in the hospital bed.

“Yes my lovely?” I replied, smiling down at the mini Adrian I was blessed with. Mason began to poke my chest area, making me wince in pain from their tenderness.

“Mason, no. Mummy is still hurting there. Unfortunately.” He grumbled.

“I gave birth yesterday! How much more sex driven can you be?” I exclaimed.

“Way more if you keep looking the way you do. Get ugly.”

“Then you’ll get a divorce.”

“Then I’m sure someone with your ugliness, say… Dave Franco… Will be more than happy to wed you.” Adrian smirked smugly, proud with his response.

I gave him a flat look, before looking at the remaining male figures in the room. “Get him out of my face.”

“Hey!” Adrian called out, rooting himself in his exact position. “I’m not leaving this hospital room without Alana in my arms.”

“Come on buddy, post-pregnant woman’s orders,” Blake spoke up, smiling smugly at Adrian.

“Why are you listening to her?!”

“Because she just gave birth?” Allen suggested, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, get out bitch. You’re being mean to Emily and her boobs.” Mason frowned, before sending a wink over in my direction.

A soft sound suddenly turned the entire room silent, and small, innocent sounding cries instantly filled the silence in the room. Everyone’s facial expressions – including Adrian’s pissed off one – instantly softened at the sound of Alana’s cries, and Adrian immediately walked over to her small bed and held her in his arms while walking over towards me.

He sat beside Mason and myself and placed a kiss on Alana’s forehead before looking up and smiling at me. “I hope she grows up to be just like you.” He grinned.

“I hope he doesn’t grow up to be just like you. Broccoli stealer,” I joked, returning his joyous grin.

Alana instantly fell back into a deep slumber in Adrian’s arms, and he gently placed her back into her small bed beside me before moving Mason and seating him on his lap as he bent down and placed a deep kiss on my lips.

Once he pulled away, he waggled his eyebrows. “Let’s start working on that set of twins, shall we?” He smirked.

My face began to heat up as my eyes trailed over to our family, who were scattered all over the hospital room, before I shook my head. “Can you keep that kind of stuff to yourself in public?” I whispered, heating up even more.

“Keep your pants on while we’re in the room, okay? Just as a personal favour to me for always being there for you.” Allen cringed.

“I second that notion,” Blake spoke up, growing pale at the thought of it. “I suggest you get out of the room then,” Adrian said in a dead pan voice, giving them a flat expression.

“Mason sweetie! It’s time to go!” Katherine said in a rushed tone, elegantly walking towards us and snatching the child out of Adrian’s lap.

“It’s not actually going to happen!” I squeaked, my eyes growing wide as I noticed everyone making their way towards the door.

“Yeah… it is. You and I both know it. He’s usually your bitch, but when it comes to sex? You’re his. Sorry Emily, but have fun!” Mason grinned, before exiting the room.

“Hey, you guys! It’s not – stop leaving!” I called out pathetically, just as the door slammed shut behind Amy, who I heard laugh before disappearing completely.

“We may as well prove them right…” Adrian trailed off, placing a trail of kisses on my jawline.

I pushed his face away before glaring. “Get off.”

“Oh I will.” He smirked, before chuckling at my horrified facial expression.

“You’ll never stop, will you?” I groaned, shaking my head with a smile on my face.

“Nope. It’s okay, you love me, and so you’ll never get sick of it.” Adrian nodded, confirming his own thoughts to himself.

“She’s so beautiful, isn’t she?” I murmured, looking over at a sleeping Alana with the same smile on my face.

“Yeah she is; just like her mothe – oh wait, I’m the hotter one out of the both of us.”

I rolled my eyes. “Nine out of ten times I like you. It’s times like these where you’re just a total idiot.”

“Whatever Trevor. Hey! We can name our next child Trevor.”

“Great idea, genius,” I muttered sarcastically. “No more kids.”

“Oh, come on Shortcake! Look at her,” He grabbed my cheeks in between his hand and forced my face to look towards Alana. “You don’t want any more of her? Or What about Mason? No more of him?” “I… Ugh, I hate it when you’re right,” I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

Adrian smirked, before his fact transformed into a look of realisation. “I have something for you.”

“Is it that dagger that kills you? New Blu-Ray disks of Dave Franco?” I asked eagerly, trying to hide the amusement as Adrian’s glare instantly switched onto his face.

“No.” He scowled, before turning around and producing a clear container that contained green vegetables.

“Broccoli!” I squealed, grinning up at him. “You’re the best husband ever.” I sighed, pulling him in for another, deeper kiss. “I know I am. That shit fucking stinks by the way, and took forever to cook.”

“Oh… you… you cooked it?” I asked, no longer feeling like the vegetables.

He chuckled. “No. I just wanted to see your reaction to that. Maria made them.”

I pushed him slightly, laughing. “Asshole.”
Three Years Later…

“I don’t think that’s a safe place to put the vase Adrian, you know how Alana and Theo are with new things.” I pointed out before rubbing my back in pain from the full stomach in front of me.

Adrian frowned. “They won’t touch it.”

“Yes, they will. Don’t you remember what they did to that hideous – I mean beautiful looking elephant ornament that I was absolutely shattered about when they broke it?” I asked, correcting myself quickly and grinning just as Adrian’s frown transformed into a look of surprise.

“I thought you liked Martin!” he exclaimed, confusing me.

“What? Who is Martin and how did he come into the conversation? Hey, Theo! Don’t eat daddy’s tie!” I scolded, frowning down at the little boy who instantly dropped the green silk material and laughed. “Martin is the elephant! I told you his name when we were watching SpongeBob with the kids on the day I bought him.”

A mental image of my 3 children sitting on top of Adrian and I and laughing at the animated character came into my mind, but I dismissed it because I wasn’t able to recall the conversation. “Oh, right. Well, Martin will be missed; and so will this if you leave it within their reach,” I pointed out, hoping he’d break from his stubbornness.

Adrian’s lips pursed as a frown reappeared on his forehead before he nodded. “You’re right. We’ll just throw it out.”

“What?! That cost you $2000!” I exclaimed. “So? I’ve got enough money to last us and our great children. We’ll just buy another one when they’re all grown up.” Adrian shrugged, already beginning to walk to the back door of the house with the vase in his grasp.

“No! Why don’t we put it in your office? It’ll look nice with your… um, wooden chairs?” I tried, hoping to convince him.

“No. Is the food done yet? They’ll be here any second and we have to leave straight away.”

“Please don’t throw out the vase,” I whispered, feeling tears well up and blur my vision.

“I’m throwing it out Shortcake, nothing you say will change my mi- Emily? Are you crying?” Adrian asked, dropping the vase completely. The beautiful piece bounced slightly on the floor before shattering into hundreds of tiny pieces of glass; making me squeal in shock and choke from the noise and Adrian swear under his breath.

“I’ll clean it! At least now I don’t have to throw it out in one piece.” He chuckled, before stopping abruptly once he noticed my angered glare. “I mean… Are you okay, my most beautiful pregnant wife?”

“Most beautiful? Do you have other pregnant wives that aren’t as ‘beautiful’ as I am?” I question, my eyes narrowing even further.

“No other woman has your face or body – even after being a whale for nine months for the past 5 years – which you’re not right now because carrying my child is your best feature – I mean, along with your otherfeatures and MARIA! HEY, EMILY NEEDS YOU TO COME CLEAN UP THIS GLASS BECAUSE SHE CAN’T BEND OVER!” Adrian called out, avoiding eye contact completely.

The doorbell rang as soon as his voice died down, making him look up at me. “Oh would you look at that? They’re here and don’t you miss Amy? I think you should be angry with her and just remember how I grow more in love with you as the days pass by and you grow older.” Adrian cringed, before realising what he said. “I mean not that you look any older. You still look sexy,” he clarified, before pulling me in for a kiss.

“You’re scary when you’re pregnancy mood swings fall into play – Oh that was the doorbell. I’LL GET IT!”  He called out to no one in particular before running off.

I rolled my eyes just as Maria walked into the backroom with a dustpan and broomstick. “I’m so sorry Maria, let me do it.”

“No Emily! You’re pregnant. Go pack your things and get ready to leave. I’ll take care of everything here,” she assured me, giving me a comforting pat on the shoulder.

“Hey bitc- whoa, Mason! Hey little guy, I didn’t see you there!” Amy squealed, laughing in a hysterical panic as she ruffled Mason’s hair and gave me a look of horror. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yes, I told Allen and Blake to take our shi- stuff to the car.” Adrian spoke up suddenly, also correcting himself and grinning down at Mason.

“You guys need a filter for your mouths,” I muttered, laughing.

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want a filter on my mouth Shortcake; it’d get in the way of… things.” He smirked, making his way towards me.

“Ha-ha.” I glared, just as he pulled me into his torso. My pregnant stomach got in the way of Adrian getting his way completely, but his tall frame still allowed him to bend down and place a kiss on my lips.

A groan suddenly sounded from behind us, and we both pulled away slight and faced Amy who was picking up Mason and giving a disgusted look. “Let’s go Mase, mom and dad don’t know how to keep their pants on around each other for more than 15 minutes!” She informed him in a sarcastic enthusiastic tone, before sending a glare over in our direction.

“Not true. They’re on when we’re asleep!” I argued, trying to hold back a grin.

Adrian smirked and shook his head. “Actually, that’s not true either because even when we aren’t having-”

“LEAVING!” Amy shouted, blocking Mason’s ears with her hands and speed walking out of the room.

“Finally,” Adrian grumbled, before turning back to me. “Now, where were we-”

“Hey Adrian, there’s a – oh. Am I interrupting something?” Allen asked, raising both eyebrows with an entertained grin. “Yes, now Bleep off,” Adrian snapped, growing annoyed at the interruptions.

Allen nodded. “See, I’d do that but-”

“But I don’t care. I’m pregnant and Hot and want two minutes alone with my husband. Go away.” I scowled, losing my own patience.

Adrian turned back around to face me with an amused and impressed look. “Don’t let him stop you. Be Hot away.” He smirked, bending back down slightly to kiss me.

“No, now I’m not in the mood. And fix your English. You’re from London for crying out loud! ‘Be Hot away’?” I asked, giving him a disorientated look.

“Adrian Kingston. Cock blocked by grammar,” Allen announced, chuckling to himself.

“Bleep off.” Adrian scowled, flipping him off. “Wait! I know what will make you in the mood again!” Adrian grinned, before taking a step back away from me.

“Please do tell,” I mumbled sarcastically.

He glared in my direction before taking off his suit jacket and rolling up the sleeves of his button up shirt, making me choke on nothing in particular as my eyes widened. “Are you in the mood yet?” he asked in a low voice, the usual smirk replacing his previous grin.

I bit my lip and nodded eagerly, just as he wrapped his arms around my rounded body and held me up. “Your stomach isn’t that huge, and I can still carry you with my rolled up sleeves, which means you’re not a whale, see?”

“Shut up and kiss-”

“Mommy’s cheek because daddy loves her so much and doesn’t want to scar his children!” Another sarcastic yet excited voice called out; interrupting us again.

“Jesus Christ,” I muttered angrily, before forcing Adrian to turn our bodies slightly so we were both able to face the voice without breaking our necks in the process.

This time both Amy and Allen were standing there, along with Blake and Adrian and I’s children, grinning knowingly.

“Oh I’m sorry, have we interrupted something?” Blake asked in an innocent voice.

“Oh my, I hope not!” Amy added, widening her eyes before breaking out into a cheeky grin.“Please do go on! Don’t let us or your children get in the way of anything!”

“You kill the ones you introduced to me, and I’ll do the same for you,” Adrian whispered in my ear, before placing a peck on my cheek.

“Please let me do the honours and kill them all?” I begged, pouting at him.

He chuckled and placed another soft kiss on my lips before sighing irritably and putting me back down so that I was standing on solid ground. “Alright a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s, let’s go. They’re probably wondering where we are by now.” He called out, before picking up Alana and placing her on his shoulders.

“Actually, they probably aren’t. See my parents and your parents are that used to the fact that you two are always inside one another, they just know not to expect you until three hours after the initial invitation time,” Blake informed us with a smug look.

I glared and pulled my tongue out at my brother just as the familiar shrill of Adrian’s phone was brought to life by a phone call. “Yes dad,” he answered, looking bored. “No, we’re not having se- it. We’re about to leave.”

Mason’s loud and characteristic voice could be heard from my position beside Adrian, and I watched as my husband rolled his eyes at his father before taking Alana off his shoulders and holding her in a more secure position. “Yes, I know her ass has grown bigger. I see her naked, remember?”

Amy, Blake and Allen all began to laugh at this, and I shook my head and smiled at my father in law’s concerns of the day. “She will still be able to fit in the car. It’s not as big as that Kardashian woman, dad.” Adrian gave the wall a flat look, before sighing. “Okay I’ll see you in about 20 minutes and you can discuss your daughter-in-law’s physique then, deal?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at the same wall.

An agreement must’ve come from Mason, because Adrian locked the phone shut seconds after Mason spoke, before he shoved the small piece of technology back into his pocket. “Let’s go. Shortcake, my dad said to make sure your ass doesn’t grow as big as that Kardashian girl and that your body is amazing just the way it is right now; which is practically what I’ve been saying to you this entire time.” He scoffed, before focusing on Allen. “Oh, and he said you’re a Arrow and a cock block – which I also agree with.”

“Adrian! The kids!” I cried, reminding him of the infants surrounding us – particularly the one in his arms.

“Shi- Sheets are nice! Kids, don’t say anything dad says, okay?” Adrian looked over at Mason and Alana, not bothering with Theo’s one year and eight months of vocabulary.

Both children looked at their dad cautiously, before looking over at me with panicked expressions. “What’s wrong?” I asked, both concerned and confused.

“Mum… Dad said not to talk about what he talks… so how do we say the okay word?” Mason whispered, before his gaze briefly flickered over to Adrian in caution.

I blinked blankly before bursting into a fit of laughter. “No, no. You’re allowed to say what he says but Mase, there are some words daddy or even sometimes Aunt Amy and Uncle Allen and Blake say that are naughty. Daddy is talking about the naughty words,” I explained.

Alana suddenly kissed Adrian on the lips, and pulled away with a smile. “Kiss.”

“Yes, that was a kiss, good girl! Give daddy another kiss.” He grinned, before puckering his lips up for her. Adrian will never admit it, but it was obvious to everyone who knew him well enough that Alana was his favourite child out of the three so far. She was an exact replica of me, whereas Mason and Theo had an uncanny resemblance to their father.

Allen spoke up. “Okay Adam’s family, how about we actually leave? Does that sound good to anyone or do you all prefer to stand here all morning wasting a wonderful Sunday afternoon where I could be having se – fun time! With my lady friends.”

“I agree,” Blake declared.

Adrian looked over at me. “Are you ready to go Shortcake? They can leave and I’ll wait for you if you don’t feel up to the car ride just yet.”

I smiled and shook my head. “It’s okay, we can go. Come on Theo! Hold mom’s hand and Mason you can be in the middle of mom and dad!” “No, I want Aunt Amy today, can I go with her? Please?” Mason begged, looking up at us both with wide, desperate eyes.

I looked over at Adrian, wanting him to make the decision, and he nodded. “Of course you can, mate. I’ll see you at granddad’s house.”

Mason cheered before running up to Amy, who grinned widely at the fact that she was receiving attention from one of my children, before we all began to make our way back to the front yard.

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
“Alana, sit with Theo for a moment, I need to tell mummy something important, okay?” Adrian suddenly asked, placing Alana down on the sofa and picking up Theo and repeating the movement. Alana nodded in understanding and turned to her younger brother just as Adrian pulled me out of the front room and into the hallway.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in worry.

“Nothing… why, do I make you nervous?” He asked in a husky voice, pulling me closer towards him and trailing kisses down my neck. The sentence sounded way too familiar to me, and bit my lip in confusion before grabbing his face and pulling him away slightly.

“No, you don’t. Why are you-”

His brought his lips back towards my skin and moved down so that he was trailing light kisses onto my collarbone. “I don’t make you nervous. Do I turn you on?” he asked gruffly, before pulling away slightly and smirking. A small gasp of realisation escaped my lips as the clear as day memory of the first day I had ever laid eyes on Adrian washed over me like a bucket of water, and I felt an uncontrollable tug at the corners of my lips as they merged into my own knowing smirk.

“I don’t think what you’re asking is appropriate, Mr. Kingston. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to our children,” I murmured, before pressing my lips against his and walking away.

“Tease, you didn’t help me at all,” Adrian grumbled from behind me, catching up quickly as he readjusted his pants with a scowl.

“Of course I did,” I scoffed. “I was your assistant,” I pointed out, before breaking into a content grin and making Adrian do the same.

The End

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
We have finally come to end of Mr&Mrs Adrian Kingston hope you guys enjoy d book and it was a good read. Thanks to those who read and commented and also a half tanks to those who only read without commenting bless u all. Shalom!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by prisomic(f): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
wooooooowwww!!! as usual u nailed it !!!chaiii U just made my night!! welldone dearie.. tnx for sharing with us

1 Like

Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Control94: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2019
prisomic:
wooooooowwww!!! as usual u nailed it !!!chaiii U just made my night!! welldone dearie.. tnx for sharing with us
U are always welcome looking forward in seeing u in more books.
Re: "The Assistant" A Story By AK86 by Itunubabs: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2019
Thank you so much for this piece, twas a beautiful one...thanks for your consistency.. God bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''''''''''''''''''church Runs'''''''''''''''' / SURVIVORS (a Novel) / How To Learn Jungle Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 492
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.