Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,876 members, 7,844,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau (665 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau by TheClown: 2:42am On Oct 28, 2010
2011: I‘ll emerge PDP consensus candidate –Gusau
From NOAH EBIJE and GARBA MUHAMMAD, Kaduna
Thursday, October 28, 2010
•Gusau
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Beaming with smiles and self-confidence, the presidential aspirant of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau (retd), said yesterday in Kaduna that he would emerge the party’s standard bearer at the forthcoming presidential primary election.
He said he would implement all the developmental agenda left behind by the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

Gusau’s self-assurance came on the heels of a committee set up by some northern elders to come up with a consensus candidate from among the four PDP presidential aspirants from the North to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan at the 2011 polls.

The retired Army General and former national security adviser (NSA) who visited the secretariat of the Kaduna State Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) told newsmen that the idea of losing the primary election and the election proper had never crossed his mind, stressing that he was going to win the presidential race.

The immediate past NSA boss promised to address the issue of insecurity in the country as soon as he became president, adding that he had already put in place a blueprint to solve security crises in the country. “I am here in Kaduna to see the governor, to visit the Kaduna State party headquarters and also Kaduna State House of Assembly. I am offering myself to run on the ticket of the PDP as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I believe I have all the qualities, all the experience, and all the knowledge to give back to this country the good name it has had over many years. I believe I can assemble a team that can help and solve the teeming problems that we have in this country whether it is Niger Delta problem, whether it is kidnapping in the South-east and other parts of Nigeria, whether it is drought and flood in the northern part of Nigeria, whether it is transportation, roads, railways and waterways. I believe we can tackle these and solve them.

“Now there are four of us , four of us have agreed and we have appointed a committee of nine wise men. Those nine wise men are to endorse one; any one of the four of us they say is the presidential candidate who will go and do the primary with anybody who wants to contest on the PDP ticket, and I can assure you that any of us will abide by that agreement.

“I don’t think I am going to lose; I believe I am going to emerge as the winner. I cannot answer for the others. But I can answer for myself. I don’t expect to lose. “The security situation of the country is something very serious which we have a blueprint on how to go about it and I have no time now to spell it out but when the time comes, we will definitely sit down and look at it from ward, from the family level up to the presidency.

“If I become the president, you will see the improvement of security in this country.” Gusau stated.
Re: 2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau by becomrich13: 4:16am On Oct 28, 2010
must be joking.
Re: 2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau by Osama10(m): 5:45am On Oct 28, 2010
Seriously joking.
Re: 2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau by ausdy(m): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2010
angrythis man is the most FOOLISH candidate among them all i was thinking its ibb
but reading this fulls comment i have to re think.
even if its niger delter problem or kidnapping in the south east [b][/b]WHAT ABOUT BOKOHARAM IN YOUR PLACE?U FOOL WHAT OF THOSE ALMANJIRIS IN YOUR OWN NOSE? angry chinekemehh this northan fool cant stop amusing me :Dsee gasau gasau SORRY o

every thing OVER TO GUDLUCK no gudluck no nigeria come 2011
fooooooooools angry
Re: 2011: I‘ll Emerge Pdp Consensus Candidate –gusau by slap1(m): 7:02am On Oct 28, 2010
I wish you Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Need Prayers, Says Gowon / Action Congress Of Nigeria Endorses Gov Fashola For Second Term In Office / Inec Machine Rejects Obasanjo’s Fingerprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.