Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates (1054 Views)

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" / APC Presidential Primaries: Analysis On The Voting Pattern Of 8,000 Delegates. / 8,000 Delegates To Storm Lagos For APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by babapupa: 4:18am On Oct 28, 2010

Why we ‘re hosting Kuramo Conference – Fashola
News Oct 27, 2010

By Daniel Eteghe

Lagos State Gover-nor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), has said the decision of the state government to host the forthcoming Kuramo Conference was to give Africa a voice in global decision making.

He also said the state would be in the vanguard of promoting Africa’s voice in the world by making pragmatic decisions and regulations to effectively represent Africa on the global scene.

Speaking to aviation correspondents at the presidential wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos, Tuesday night, Fashola said the state would no longer fold its arms and allow laws made by people in other parts of the world dictate Africans’ decisions, norms and mores.

Fashola said: “Kuramo Conference is a composition of the best brains to begin to lead Africa’s voice. It is not about Lagos, it is focused on leading Africa’s voice.

“I think, and I’m certain in my report, that we have some of the best intellectuals here. But the truth is that in the global comity of nations, when important decisions are to be taken decisions are taken about how to re-regulate, where is Africa being represented?”

“Many of the regulations that we apply today for international banking, foreign exchange, bills of laden, concept of human rights protection were device of about 70 years ago by the Europeans; we didn’t have a say in it.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/why-we-re-hosting-kuramo-conference-fashola/
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by babapupa: 4:22am On Oct 28, 2010
Why is this man not the president of Nigeria?

Day after day, hour after hour, it's like Lagos state is becoming a separate country inside Nigeria and I'm feeling more and more Lagosian and not Nigerian and Nigeria is fat becoming irrelevant.
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by koruji(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2010
He doesn't need to be president of this contraption called Nigeria - that is how Awo's political genius was ruined. You know what they say, if you don't want fleas don't sleep with dogs.

For any state or region of this country called Nigeria that has ears I have advocated a slow, but sure, solution to resolving the Nigerian logjam - virtual autonomy. That is what you are actually alluding to about Lagos. If we can get all states in the Southwest to realize a common interest, and follow the performance of Fashola, while Lagos ensures smooth, meritorious succession after another 4 years then the Southwest would achieve virtual autonomy.

In fact, I make bold to say that the core North of Nigeria has a form of virtual autonomy within Nigeria, but it is only political, not developmental.

Real virtual autonomy has to be all encompassing, so Lagos still has ways to go. Forward ever, with eyes open.

babapupa:

Why is this man not the president of Nigeria?
Day after day, hour after hour, it's like Lagos state is becoming a separate country inside Nigeria and I'm feeling more and more Lagosian and not Nigerian and Nigeria is fat becoming irrelevant.
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by babapupa: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2010
koruji:

He doesn't need to be president of this contraption called Nigeria - that is how Awo's political genius was ruined. You know what they say, if you don't want fleas don't sleep with dogs.

For any state or region of this country called Nigeria that has ears I have advocated a slow, but sure, solution to resolving the Nigerian logjam - virtual autonomy. That is what you are actually alluding to about Lagos. If we can get all states in the Southwest to realize a common interest, and follow the performance of Fashola, while Lagos ensures smooth, meritorious succession after another 4 years then the Southwest would achieve virtual autonomy.

In fact, I make bold to say that the core North of Nigeria has a form of virtual autonomy within Nigeria, but it is only political, not developmental.

Real virtual autonomy has to be all encompassing, so Lagos still has ways to go. Forward ever, with eyes open.

I solidly agree with every word in your post. I know the SW west inching towards full scale autonomy and total unification like the old western region. It's not a secrete that Nigeria as a country is really not in the best inerest of every region in Nigeria. Nigeria is just an avenue for people to loot resources and hold people back.

We functioned and developed way way better back in the days of the old western region, in fact we've lost most of our gains. We prospered and build a lot of first in Nigeria and Africa infrastructures without oil money and we were ruled with nothing but good ideals, vision and unadulterated regional patriotism.

Good to know the western folks are getting together regardless of their political affiliations to get back to basics and look out for their people's interests.

I read somewhere about a super highway and rail system to link together all the states in the SW and promote rapid development and economic growth.

Right now, Nigeria as a country doesn't interest me in any way.
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by jason12345: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2010
the south west is really going well, especially lagos. my mother went to lagos recentlly and she to me everything has changed. cheesy

about fashola becoming the president grin grin grin. Nigerian are blinded by tribalism, i have always said this. itss not about region or tribe but its about development. we know how awo want to bring free education and health services to nigeria and how nigerians frustrated his effort!!!! unfortunately, thats the country we live in!!! angry angry.

even the igbos, they are progressive people but we know how nigerians (mainly northerers) frustrate their efforts. its so sad.

i can bet, if the yorubas and igbos get get their respective countries (i don't pray for such though wink grin) both of them will be highly develop because there will be competition between the two economies. all in all, i think once the northerners break the hold the so called northern leaders have on them. then the whole country will progress together but until then im afraid we might still be in mediocrity.
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by forpeace: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2010
My people dont be fooled and refuse not to be hoodwinked by this fictitious and wasteful endeavor . .Fashola is about to host 3000 people on lagos state funds. .they will Eat and sleep in Eko hotel. . .they will expend over 300 million of tax payers money and go back to their country after a week when a lot of lagosians are suffering and wailing. .

they will develop a communique which would not be utilized and it would have just been another ceremony designed to make money for some priviledged friends of the governor while a lot of lagosians suffer for want of food,good roads etc.

Fashola is so elitist it makes my tummy run. .seeking international relevance while people die back home for lack of government commitment to their needs.
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by babapupa: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
forpeace:

My people dont be fooled and refuse not to be hoodwinked by this fictitious and wasteful endeavor . .Fashola is about to host 3000 people on lagos state funds. .they will Eat and sleep in Eko hotel. . .they will expend over 300 million of tax payers money and go back to their country after a week when a lot of lagosians are suffering and wailing. .

they will develop a communique which would not be utilized and it would have just been another ceremony designed to make money for some priviledged friends of the governor while a lot of lagosians suffer for want of food,good roads etc.

Fashola is so elitist it makes my tummy run. .seeking international relevance while people die back home for lack of government commitment to their needs.

Thank you very much. What do you want for this retarded and ignorant information?

A cookie?
Re: Kuramo Conference. Fashola To Host About 3,000 Delegates by forpeace: 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
Fashola's personal rat-istant irritant has come to rant again. . .i know u'll be one of the direct beneficiaries of this program in form of printing contract or something which is why ure so excited. .just know that the millions of lagosians suffereing on the mainland while you people waste govt funds will not vote for you come 2011. .

you will so badly lose . .we will soon go into full scale campaigns where fashola's inadequacies and faults would be made so glaring that he would regret d day he were born and wish tinubu never chose him

i just hope he doesnt end up with bode george

(1) (Reply)

Fashola/Dosunmu Debate / Fg Votes Millions On Generator Sets / Facebook Is The New Cause Of Divorce - New Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.