Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Riot During Swearing In: Is This True - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot During Swearing In: Is This True (902 Views)

The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of New SGF, NSA & Adesina / Court Refuses Application To Stop Wike’s Swearing In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot During Swearing In: Is This True by Tellthem(f): 9:48am On May 17, 2007
I was plannning to go to Nigeria next week but i was told they will be swearing in the new governors and president,,is it true that during this period there may be riot and i may not be able to come back as quickly as iwould love to OR will the day go smoothly like any normal day ?

Please tell me your views

Thanks in Advance
Re: Riot During Swearing In: Is This True by Bolarge(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2007
Ol' girl nothing dey happen. cool
Re: Riot During Swearing In: Is This True by IykeD1(m): 11:33pm On May 17, 2007
Depending on the state and how shaky it is, there might be a few isolated incidents here and there
carried out by the ever present "thugs for hire". If I were you, I wouldn't by anywhere close to
Baylesa state as it appears for now that the militants/thugs own the state and can cause mayhem
at will. I am sure they will not miss a chance to make some noise on May 29th.

Aside that, I doubt very much that there will be any form of organized riots/protests - those who will
do that are yet to be born as the current government will drop fire and brimstones on them. You can
also count on it that some of the key opposition members and potential trouble makers will be under
heavy security surveillance and may even be picked up to cool off somewhere in Abuja until the whole
events are over.

Of course no one knows tomorrow, but I wouldn't lose sleep changing my travel plans because of some
people that were "out-rigged" from the last elections.
Re: Riot During Swearing In: Is This True by toshmann(m): 7:25pm On May 18, 2007
@topic
swearing in is on 29th may and that is not next week

(1) (Reply)

The Wolfowitz Case At The World Bank / Breaking News : Lagos Govt. Denies Owing N100b / Is There Any Hope For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.