Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke (23954 Views)

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by dre11(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2019
President Goodluck Jonathan came under pressure to prosecute Candidate Muhammadu Buhari over various allegations in the run-up to the 2015 presidential election — but he declined and eventually lost to the former military head of state.

Mohammed Bello Adoke, who was attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice under Jonathan, made this revelation in his memoirs, “Burden of Service: The Reminiscences of Nigeria’s Former Attorney-General”, which is due for release in Nigeria on September 16.

He said politicians brought up the issues surrounding Buhari’s secondary school certificate, the execution of three convicted drug couriers under a retroactive decree in 1985 and the 2011 post-election riots in which hundreds were killed as grounds for the arrest and prosecution of the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“Buhari was accused of being in violation of the provisions of Sections 131 of the 1999 Constitution on minimum educational qualification and Section 31 (3) of the 2010 Electoral Act which required that copies of his school certificate be attached to the INEC Form CF001. Buhari did not attach the certificate. Law suits were filed in court. In all, there were 13 court cases challenging his eligibility, the most prominent being the one filed by a certain Chukwunweike Okafor. Indeed, many private citizens went to court to challenge Gen. Buhari’s eligibility,” Adoke wrote in the book published by Clink Street Publishers in London and New York and seen in advance by TheCable.
“While the controversy was raging, a West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) purportedly issued by the Katsina State Ministry of Education suddenly surfaced on the internet. On the face of it was the picture of a 72-year-old Buhari. It was dated 21 January 2015 (meanwhile, Katsina State was created in 1987).

The certificate also contained a grading scheme that was not in use in 1962, around the time he was said to have sat for the examination. This generated public outrage as people were questioning the authenticity of the certificate and whether, indeed, Gen. Buhari had the requisite qualification or had committed forgery. A lot of petitions were sent to the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation requesting that Buhari be prosecuted for forgery and INEC be advised to disqualify him.

“In one instance, I received a letter from a lawyer asking for a fiat to prosecute Buhari on the ground of certificate forgery. I was constrained to deny the application as the lawyer had not furnished me the requisite material upon which I would exercise such discretion. Beyond applying for a fiat, the lawyer was also required to show evidence of having made a complaint to the police. A report detailing the outcome of the investigation was essential to ground such a fiat.”

THE MIMIKO CONNECTION

Adoke said at a point, Olusegun Mimiko, then governor of Ondo state and member of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) — the party Jonathan belonged — asked that the lawyer be granted the fiat.

“A week later, I met up with Dr Olusegun Mimiko, then Governor of Ondo State, at his request. After the exchange of pleasantries, he brought up the issue of the lawyer’s request for a fiat to prosecute Gen. Buhari and appealed to me to grant it. I informed him that, regrettably, I was unable to grant the request for a number of reasons. I reiterated my response to that lawyer.

I emphasised to Mimiko that the candidate in question was a former Head of State. In my opinion, even if he had no certificate, being a retired General in the Army, he must have passed Staff College which was more than an equivalent of the WASSC. I added that as a former Head of State, Gen. Buhari’s experience would be more than ‘an equivalent’ of a school certificate. I drew attention to the provisions of Section 318 of the Constitution to support my assertion,” Adoke narrated.

“When I left Mimiko, I became worried that there was something going on in the political environment that I was not aware of. I drove straight to the President’s residence. After recounting my interaction with Mimiko and the uncanny feeling that was bothering me to him, he calmly responded: ‘Do what is right.’

“Having had the presidential assurance to ‘do what is right’, I decided to be pragmatic… I knew my job was well cut out for me. I was a member of the National Security Council. I knew the implications of a breakdown of law and order were Buhari to be disqualified. Besides, President Jonathan had persistently assured the world that his ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian.”

THE PINOCHET TREATMENT

Adoke said it was not just the certificate issue that was being used against Buhari.
“There was also the retroactive sentence and execution of three Nigerian citizens under his watch as military Head of State. At 8:30 am on 10 April 1985, three young Nigerians were tied to the stakes at Kirikiri Prison and executed by a military firing squad. Bartholomew Azubike Owoh, 26, a former employee of Nigeria Airways, Lawal Akanni Ojuolape, 30, a spare parts dealer, and Bernard Ogedengbe, a 29-year-old sailor, had been sentenced to death, separately, by a military tribunal in December 1984,” he wrote.

“They were found guilty of illegal possession of cocaine and heroin, punishable by death under Decree No. 20 of 1984. The death penalty was introduced after the offences had been committed. Despite the public outcry, the law was applied retroactively… In 2015, Buhari was being called upon to account for his past. People were ready to resuscitate the matter by liaising with the three families concerned to institute a suit against Buhari in the UK with a view to getting him arrested and put on trial under the principle of ‘universal jurisdiction’.

“Under this principle, former Heads of State could be prosecuted outside their countries for crimes committed while in office. General Augusto Pinochet’s case provided a good precedent for that contention. On 16 October 2008, the former Chilean dictator was arrested in London following his indictment for human rights violations by a Spanish magistrate for crimes allegedly committed by him while in office. He was held for over a year by the UK authorities before he was released, most likely on compassionate grounds because of his old age. He had ruled Chile for 17 years and had been accused of committing numerous human rights violations.

“I turned down all those who approached me to trigger the universal criminal jurisdiction principle to get Gen. Buhari arrested and put on trial abroad. The political future of Nigeria, I maintained, needed to be developed by allowing healthy contestation for office. I refused to have a hand in the attempt to give Buhari the Pinochet treatment. I briefed the President about it because some mischief-makers were already calling me a Buhari sympathiser for not toeing their line. I was branded a closet APC member too. The blackmail was sickening.

“President Jonathan, however, agreed with my position that we should not play the Pinochet card. He thought the government would be seen as encouraging ‘bad politics’ if we succumbed to that call. He was under intense pressure from some associates to use any means necessary to stop Buhari but he opted to participate in competitive politics in a fair and credible manner, not taking undue advantage of any quick-fix scenario that was presented to him. I strongly believed, on my part, that the electorate should be left the freedom to exercise their political judgment. It was not for us to use our institutions and the instruments of law to hound anybody.”

THE LEMU PANEL REPORT

There was also the Lemu Panel Report that some people were eager to use against Buhari, Adoke alleged.

“Since 2011, there had been pressure on me to prosecute Buhari after the post-election violence in which over 800 people were killed. He was captured on video appearing to use violent language to incite his sup- porters during the campaigns. But I felt that those words were uttered in the heat of the moment as passions were inflamed. In any case, having won the election in 2011, Jonathan felt more compelled to build peace and assuage frayed nerves. Putting Buhari on trial would have further polarised a nation in which ethnic and religious sentiments are easily mobilised for political purposes. Based on these considerations, I declined to put Buhari on trial,” he wrote.

“The option was available, too, to refer the matter to the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity. It involved loss of lives due to electoral violence. We could have claimed that the political environment was such that would not allow for a fair trial in Nigeria and would have referred the matter to the ICC as governments in other countries were doing to their political opponents.”

He said the government of Jonathan decided not to go that route “not because we could not, but because it would further fracture the fragile peace in the country”.

If Jonathan was desperate to stop Buhari, he could still have gone ahead with the prosecution and damned the consequences, Adoke wrote.
“The best I could have done as Attorney-General was to resign. But he could have appointed another willing Attorney-General to prosecute the matter. It is very important to stick this point at the back of our minds,” he further wrote.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-jonathan-was-under-pressure-to-prosecute-buhari-says-adoke-in-new-book

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Flyingngel(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2019
Chai! What a long epistle.
It is only in Nigeria that corrupt politicians decide to write useless books after stealing us blue and black.
To add insult to injury, they decide to take it to a foreign land as if we don't have reputable publishing companies to do that; then will bring the finish super story to Nigeria for us to buy.
We dey wait one day wey monkey go go market e no go return.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Simplyleo: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2019
[s]
President Goodluck Jonathan came under pressure to prosecute Candidate Muhammadu Buhari over various allegations in the run-up to the 2015 presidential election — but he declined and eventually lost to the former military head of state.

Mohammed Bello Adoke, who was attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice under Jonathan, made this revelation in his memoirs, “Burden of Service: The Reminiscences of Nigeria’s Former Attorney-General”, which is due for release in Nigeria on September 16.

He said politicians brought up the issues surrounding Buhari’s secondary school certificate, the execution of three convicted drug couriers under a retroactive decree in 1985 and the 2011 post-election riots in which hundreds were killed as grounds for the arrest and prosecution of the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“Buhari was accused of being in violation of the provisions of Sections 131 of the 1999 Constitution on minimum educational qualification and Section 31 (3) of the 2010 Electoral Act which required that copies of his school certificate be attached to the INEC Form CF001. Buhari did not attach the certificate. Law suits were filed in court. In all, there were 13 court cases challenging his eligibility, the most prominent being the one filed by a certain Chukwunweike Okafor. Indeed, many private citizens went to court to challenge Gen. Buhari’s eligibility,” Adoke wrote in the book published by Clink Street Publishers in London and New York and seen in advance by TheCable.
“While the controversy was raging, a West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) purportedly issued by the Katsina State Ministry of Education suddenly surfaced on the internet. On the face of it was the picture of a 72-year-old Buhari. It was dated 21 January 2015 (meanwhile, Katsina State was created in 1987). 

The certificate also contained a grading scheme that was not in use in 1962, around the time he was said to have sat for the examination. This generated public outrage as people were questioning the authenticity of the certificate and whether, indeed, Gen. Buhari had the requisite qualification or had committed forgery. A lot of petitions were sent to the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation requesting that Buhari be prosecuted for forgery and INEC be advised to disqualify him.

“In one instance, I received a letter from a lawyer asking for a fiat to prosecute Buhari on the ground of certificate forgery. I was constrained to deny the application as the lawyer had not furnished me the requisite material upon which I would exercise such discretion. Beyond applying for a fiat, the lawyer was also required to show evidence of having made a complaint to the police. A report detailing the outcome of the investigation was essential to ground such a fiat.”

THE MIMIKO CONNECTION

Adoke said at a point, Olusegun Mimiko, then governor of Ondo state and member of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) — the party Jonathan belonged — asked that the lawyer be granted the fiat.

“A week later, I met up with Dr Olusegun Mimiko, then Governor of Ondo State, at his request. After the exchange of pleasantries, he brought up the issue of the lawyer’s request for a fiat to prosecute Gen. Buhari and appealed to me to grant it. I informed him that, regrettably, I was unable to grant the request for a number of reasons. I reiterated my response to that lawyer. 

I emphasised to Mimiko that the candidate in question was a former Head of State. In my opinion, even if he had no certificate, being a retired General in the Army, he must have passed Staff College which was more than an equivalent of the WASSC. I added that as a former Head of State, Gen. Buhari’s experience would be more than ‘an equivalent’ of a school certificate. I drew attention to the provisions of Section 318 of the Constitution to support my assertion,” Adoke narrated.

“When I left Mimiko, I became worried that there was something going on in the political environment that I was not aware of. I drove straight to the President’s residence. After recounting my interaction with Mimiko and the uncanny feeling that was bothering me to him, he calmly responded: ‘Do what is right.’

“Having had the presidential assurance to ‘do what is right’, I decided to be pragmatic… I knew my job was well cut out for me. I was a member of the National Security Council. I knew the implications of a breakdown of law and order were Buhari to be disqualified. Besides, President Jonathan had persistently assured the world that his ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian.”

THE PINOCHET TREATMENT

Adoke said it was not just the certificate issue that was being used against Buhari.
“There was also the retroactive sentence and execution of three Nigerian citizens under his watch as military Head of State. At 8:30 am on 10 April 1985, three young Nigerians were tied to the stakes at Kirikiri Prison and executed by a military firing squad. Bartholomew Azubike Owoh, 26, a former employee of Nigeria Airways, Lawal Akanni Ojuolape, 30, a spare parts dealer, and Bernard Ogedengbe, a 29-year-old sailor, had been sentenced to death, separately, by a military tribunal in December 1984,” he wrote.

“They were found guilty of illegal possession of cocaine and heroin, punishable by death under Decree No. 20 of 1984. The death penalty was introduced after the offences had been committed. Despite the public outcry, the law was applied retroactively… In 2015, Buhari was being called upon to account for his past. People were ready to resuscitate the matter by liaising with the three families concerned to institute a suit against Buhari in the UK with a view to getting him arrested and put on trial under the principle of ‘universal jurisdiction’.

“Under this principle, former Heads of State could be prosecuted outside their countries for crimes committed while in office. General Augusto Pinochet’s case provided a good precedent for that contention. On 16 October 2008, the former Chilean dictator was arrested in London following his indictment for human rights violations by a Spanish magistrate for crimes allegedly committed by him while in office. He was held for over a year by the UK authorities before he was released, most likely on compassionate grounds because of his old age. He had ruled Chile for 17 years and had been accused of committing numerous human rights violations.

“I turned down all those who approached me to trigger the universal criminal jurisdiction principle to get Gen. Buhari arrested and put on trial abroad. The political future of Nigeria, I maintained, needed to be developed by allowing healthy contestation for office. I refused to have a hand in the attempt to give Buhari the Pinochet treatment. I briefed the President about it because some mischief-makers were already calling me a Buhari sympathiser for not toeing their line. I was branded a closet APC member too. The blackmail was sickening.

“President Jonathan, however, agreed with my position that we should not play the Pinochet card. He thought the government would be seen as encouraging ‘bad politics’ if we succumbed to that call. He was under intense pressure from some associates to use any means necessary to stop Buhari but he opted to participate in competitive politics in a fair and credible manner, not taking undue advantage of any quick-fix scenario that was presented to him. I strongly believed, on my part, that the electorate should be left the freedom to exercise their political judgment. It was not for us to use our institutions and the instruments of law to hound anybody.”

THE LEMU PANEL REPORT

There was also the Lemu Panel Report that some people were eager to use against Buhari, Adoke alleged.

“Since 2011, there had been pressure on me to prosecute Buhari after the post-election violence in which over 800 people were killed. He was captured on video appearing to use violent language to incite his sup- porters during the campaigns. But I felt that those words were uttered in the heat of the moment as passions were inflamed. In any case, having won the election in 2011, Jonathan felt more compelled to build peace and assuage frayed nerves. Putting Buhari on trial would have further polarised a nation in which ethnic and religious sentiments are easily mobilised for political purposes. Based on these considerations, I declined to put Buhari on trial,” he wrote.

“The option was available, too, to refer the matter to the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity. It involved loss of lives due to electoral violence. We could have claimed that the political environment was such that would not allow for a fair trial in Nigeria and would have referred the matter to the ICC as governments in other countries were doing to their political opponents.”

He said the government of Jonathan decided not to go that route “not because we could not, but because it would further fracture the fragile peace in the country”.

If Jonathan was desperate to stop Buhari, he could still have gone ahead with the prosecution and damned the consequences, Adoke wrote.
“The best I could have done as Attorney-General was to resign. But he could have appointed another willing Attorney-General to prosecute the matter. It is very important to stick this point at the back of our minds,” he further wrote.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-jonathan-was-under-pressure-to-prosecute-buhari-says-adoke-in-new-book
[/s]
Such a heap of garbage. And what stopped him from prosecuting Buhari.

Keep parading the lame certificate nonsense.

With all these noise, nothing substantial has been presented to prove buhari wrong even with their visit to Cambridge.

Cambridge has issued a statement regarding this certificate clearly in favour of the president, clowns should come up with proof that Cambridge lied instead jumping from one branch to another like confused monkeys.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2019
so why all this long grammar now....Jonathan told you then, "Do what is Right"......and do you think their is fragile peace in the country now since 2015?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by PapaBaby: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2019
“While the controversy was raging, a West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) purportedly issued by the Katsina State Ministry of Education suddenly surfaced on the internet. On the face of it was the picture of a 72-year-old Buhari. It was dated 21 January 2015 (meanwhile, Katsina State was created in 1987)

Forgery is a crime in Nigeria.
Buhari should have been prosecuted, and damn the consequences. There are many people in prison for lesser crimes.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 09, 2019
Wetin consan me sef?...

BTW, EDO AIRLINES ARE UPGRADING THEIR FLEET OF WITCH (AIR) CRAFTS. THIS ONE JUST ARRIVED AT BENIN AIRPORT FROM RUSSIA...

EDO AMAKA cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Sirvolga(m): 8:45am On Sep 09, 2019
Ok,so be it cry
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by PureGoldh(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2019
The stOry Long.... Actions speaks louder than Voice..

Fingers crossed.... Let's see how it goes

If yOu want Original Honey.. Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by KEVIND: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
cry
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by PapaBaby: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

With all these noise, nothing substantial has been presented to prove buhari wrong even with their visit to Cambridge

Who told you PDP visited Cambridge? Stop relying on Tinubu's TheNation newspaper for your news. It makes you sound idiotic.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Jayslicky: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
shocked

Jonathan's simplicity caused a lot of havoc in Nigeria, if he was a little bit hard Nigeria won't left with a slowpoke like buhari.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
The ineffectual buffon himself!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Sunnycliff(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2019
Is it too hard for Buhari to accept that he has no certificate? Even a bread label?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by KEVIND: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2019
2019: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Tells Nigerian

https://www.nairaland.com/5404887/2019-dont-re-elect-governors-failed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Emmy3(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Me, I have B.Sc Human Anatomy, 2015
M.Sc Anatomy (In view, 2020)
MBBS, (2022).

I will be less than 30 upon having these degrees.
Previously, I worked in a place same city (Abuja) as where the president's Office is.
I was paid less than 120k with my degree, yet somebody is directing the affairs and activity of a nation and her citizens without an O'level.

My pain is that I supported him in the last election.

24 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by cmikel: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2019
yy
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by oz4real83(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2019
One thing I know for sure is that NO PRESIDENT or EX-PRESIDENTS will ever go to prison in Nigeria NO MATTER the amount of evil they have committed in this country
They have an unwritten agreement among themselves. They can only bark but not bite themselves.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

With all these noise, nothing substantial has been presented to prove buhari wrong even with their visit to Cambridge
They still have four long years to cry and wail.
They ain't seen anything yet.
Wailers go wail so tey, dem go lose weight. cheesy

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by banji1(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2019
...and now, let the tribal war begin!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by aolawale025: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2019
So people knew all this while

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2019
Buhari has his certificate.

I am saying this not because I like Buhari, infact I have not liked both the APC and the PDP, and have never voted for either party because they are both dissapintments and full of self interested elites.

But if you beleive that Buhari does not have his certificate, one has to make certian assumptions

1.The Nigerian Millitary training school and the Nigerian Army were so compromised that in 1961 they accepted an application from a secondary school student without his certificate...just like that. At a time when the Army was being run by Europeans, and when entry requirements into schools were much stricter than they are now.

2.I agree the Army was bending over backwards to accept Northerners in 1961...however, all of Buhari's seniors and contemporaries had their certificates before entering the Army training. Why only Buhari? Who was he in 1961.

Even people like IBB , Abacha and Abubakar had their certifcates. So, either Buhari had his too...or someone was bribed back in 1961...to just accept one Northerner without a certificate...when they could have just simply replaced him with another one

3.Buhari's secondary school released the Continous Assesment sheet for the exam in question. If the document existed...it stands to reason there is a certifcate.

4. Why would the WAEC chairman issue Buhari an attestation certificate, if he did not have the requisite records to do so? Because if he did not, he would have risked being jailed or sacked. Same for the Prinicpal of Bubu's school. The documents to back up the issuance of the attestation record must exist...and so far PDP has not offered any defence

5.Even theN, Buhari still qualifies to run for presidency based on his higher certificates ...eg he graduated from the NDA, and also got other certificates and qualificatons that are higher than WASC. (And if you want to discountenance those qualifications, then go and tell Oshiomole to retroactively rresign as governor of edo state because Oshiomole has no WASC.)

6. Bubu's Chief of staff Kyari did himself no favours by his shenaigians over the certificate thing.

7. The thing did not become an issue until the 2015 elections and that was only because PDP was threatened for once. Hence the poltics about it.

Then there is this...

Good, I agree. But then that means that people like Obasanjo, IBB and company(who are all in PDP) should also be prosecuted as well. That they were only ready to prosecute Buhari (rightly in my opinion because we should hold the years of Army rule to account)...because he was going to win in 2015....shows how desperate PDP had become. And it also shows that PDP is just as willing as this APC government to play poltical games regarding prosecution of human rights abuses, and corruption.

At the end of the day, Nigeria does not benefit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Upton: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2019
Wow. All the things Jonathan refused to do to Buhari, if it were Buhari, he would have done them to Jonathan.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by Simplyleo: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2019
PapaBaby:

Who told you PDP visited Cambridge? Stop relying on Tinubu's Thenation newspaper for your news. It makes you sound idiotic.
So all these noise about his certificate is just local? No visit to the body that awarded the certificate for verification? Then on what ground would gej had prosecuted him?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by PresidentAde(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2019

Gej s a gentleman
Too gentle for Nigeria political system.....
When you get too gentle & quiet, People, especially Nigerians take it as weakness ..... & then they offer sh*t.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by senatordave1(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2019
The only thing am interested in this epistle is that part where he said that staff college is equivalent to wassce

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by yomalex(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2019
Hmm
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by asfrank(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2019
These Men no the tire, see as old as them there. One issue over and over again, how else them want make the man bring the certificate again.. They should rather be ashamed of themselves, that majority of Nigerians prefer the Man who they claim has no certificate to all their University Degrees. A Circle has 360 Degrees but I don't know what it has done with it.
Re: Jonathan Was Under Pressure To Prosecute Buhari Over Certificate, Says Adoke by DIKEnaWAR: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2019
If only they had prosecuted and sent him to jail. Many lives wouldn't be lost by now. Nigeria would have been more prosperous. The unnecessary ethnic tensions and divide wouldn't have been this glaring. Fulani herdsmen wouldn't have become killing machines and owners of Nigeria.

Adoke, you fvk up and there's nothing to celebrate here. Buhari's life and freedom is not worth more than that of all the people that has died and gone into unlawful detention under him.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ali Modu-Sheriff Rallies Support For Tinubu-shettima APC Presidential Ticket / BREAKING: National Assembly Calls Off Tuesday Reconvening / PDP Governorship Aspirants In Anambra Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.