Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? (1357 Views)

Reasons Why Giving Girls Too Much Attention Never Makes Them Fall In Love / The Pains Of A Vulnerable Woman (ALL EPISODE AND STORY COMPLETED- 2020 ) / A Cultist's Girlfriend Is Showing Me Too Much Attention And I'm Kinda Scared. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
Alot of people have no idea what getting loads of attention feels like. They rarely have strangers being in their business and therefore have the luxury of maintaining a clear head and being lost in the crowd. For some other unfortunate folks they have a life of paranoia and dementia. The saddest part of getting attention is that nobody will take you seriously when you complain about it because people expect you to like and enjoy it.
Let me tell yall something, not everyone is an extrovert..some people love their peace of mind and quite life, and if such people get attention more than usual they end up being depressed and paranoid.
Getting too much attention is fun if you're a celebrity or you're wealthy ,it makes sense. But what if you're a nobody and are a severe introvert who hate making small talks and yet everywhere u go everybody is staring into your eyes, 2, 4,7. It never ends, day in and day out....everywhere u turn some person is staring at you....do you know how crazy that would make you? If you're not the outgoing type how are u supposed to be happy with everyone always monitoring everything u do or say? It's the saddest nightmare for an introvert. If I tell anyone I'm sucidal cuz of this shit they will take me for a joke but you have no idea how painful it is to be a loner but everybody is always staring at u. If I was ever told someone became mad cuz of this shit, once they confirm the person was an introvert I will completely believe.

My fellow introverts that get so much attention , please tell me how does it make you feel?

(Ps) nobody should bring looks into this, please.....if you get attention for any reason then you alone know why u do. The point is do u get attention more than usual, and are u an introvert....if yes then how does it make you feel?

God bless u.
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
Personally, I hate too much attention I shy away from it a lot. I prefer to work behind the stage while others take the spot light, you won't see me taking the lead except in cases I can't evade. I will rather be the pillar the leader can't do without.grin

The irony though is, no matter how quite or easily going I try to be, I am always noticed, sometimes my smile (I do that a lot) or gentleness sells me off.Someone will always point me out, I am never invisible.

2 Likes

Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by fyneboi79(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
MariaLavina:
Personally, I hate too much attention I shy away from it a lot. I prefer to work behind the stage while others take the spot light, you won't see me taking the lead except in cases I can't evade. I will rather be the pillar the leader can't do without.grin

The irony though is, no matter how quite or easily going I try to be, I am always noticed, sometimes my smile (I do that a lot) or gentleness sells me off.Someone will always point me out, I am never invisible.
The simple truth is that no matter how much you try always remember that a "bold spirit stands out".
Just learn to turn it to your advantage.

Been noticing you around lately....

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by tpiar: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
There are different types of attention (sources maybe):

It's important to understand the root prior to drawing conclusions or responding.

1. Jealousy and envy?

2. Ancestral enemies?

3. Destiny snatchers?

4. Admiration?

5. Love?

6. Someone in your extended social circle did something to somebody and someone in their extended social circle is out for revenge?

7. You have something somebody wants?

8.You are providing gainful employment for somebody?

9. Past insults you dished out to somebody say on nairaland?

10. Cultural reasons?

11. Greed?

12. etc etc.

Not all attention has only one cause so the attentions have to be examined separately.
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
fyneboi79:
The simple truth is that no matter how much you try always remember that a "bold spirit stands out".
Just learn to turn it to your advantage.

Been noticing you around lately....
I get that! like why fit in when you can easily stand out. lol I will try.Thanks

Lol, crawling back into ghost mode. grin
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by IamPlato(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
MariaLavina:

The Definition Of D'Walker... smiley

More Reason I Love My Pursuit Of Film Directing.

Maria Will You Marry Me? cry
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
IamPlato:
The Definition Of D'Walker... smiley

More Reason I Love My Pursuit Of Film Directing.

Maria Will You Marry Me? cry
Good one, I wish you success.

NO.

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by IamPlato(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
MariaLavina:
Good one, I wish you success.

NO.
Must You Spell Out The No In Capital Letters undecided
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by fayded(m): 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
I've always been an introvert. buh my physical features and brains do bring me out,i always get noticed. recently, my contact lens spoilt so I went to get a new one, turns out that they didn't have the natural contacts, just coloured. so I went for the most inconspicuous one I could lay my hands on, that has the same power as the old lens.
it gave my eyes, this bluish colour. the attention I've been getting has been maddddddd.
I literally, face down when walking and avoid looking people in the eyes. still I get the attention
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
fayded:
I've always been an introvert. buh my physical features and brains do bring me out,i always get noticed. recently, my contact lens spoilt so I went to get a new one, turns out that they didn't have the natural contacts, just coloured. so I went for the most inconspicuous one I could lay my hands on, that has the same power as the old lens.
it gave my eyes, this bluish colour. the attention I've been getting has been maddddddd.
I literally, face down when walking and avoid looking people in the eyes. still I get the attention
As bluish as mine? Check my profile to confirm.
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by fayded(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
As bluish as mine? Check my profile to confirm.

no ooo. not that blue.it looks like clear blue water. I have honey brown eyes naturally plus the gray contact lens. so, my eyes have this weird look
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
no be lie, anywhere i am i get too much be it in church, outing or school and the funny thing is i dont enjoy this attention cuz it can be depressing atimes people expect u to be happy always. i am an introvert. In class, you get girls staring at you, in Lab they use any given opportunity to rub their body on you. some gals wont even hide it from you and it can be embarrasing. I dont think am too handsome but i try to dress and smell nice and I Look gentle to them. But seriously it distracts me and depress Me sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
I know Am special but pple might take It For pride

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by fyneboi79(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
MariaLavina:
I get that! like why fit in when you can easily stand out. lol I will try.Thanks

Lol, crawling back into ghost mode. grin
please don't. No pressure,but I like your mindset...any limits?
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
fayded:

no ooo. not that blue.it looks like clear blue water. I have honey brown eyes naturally plus the gray contact lens. so, my eyes have this weird look
Lol. I can imagine
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
Lol
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2019
Aniex629:
no be lie, anywhere i am i get too much be it in church, outing or school and the funny thing is i dont enjoy this attention cuz it can be depressing atimes people expect u to be happy always. i am an introvert. In class, you get girls staring at you, in Lab they use any given opportunity to rub their body on you. some gals wont even hide it from you and it can be embarrasing. I dont think am too handsome but i try to dress and smell nice and I Look gentle to them. But seriously it distracts me and depress Me sometimes.

Bro I'm telling u this thing will get worst. Since i started growing beards and looking mature it became worse, the attention now is so bad I wave at people I dont know everyday so as not to seem rude cuz they are gazing into my eyeballs from all directions. I'm so distracted I cant focus on anything for more than ten minutes. It's a curse to me
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2019
Badboibipo:

Bro I'm telling u this thing will get worst. Since i started growing beards and looking mature it became worse, the attention now is so bad I wave at people I dont know everyday so as not to seem rude cuz they are gazing into my eyeballs from all directions. I'm so distracted I cant focus on anything for more than ten minutes. It's a curse to me
lol bro u have to get used to it and try tot turn it to ur advantage. just dont stare at people and avoid their gaze. you go dey alright. you can get gals to flock around you or you totally avoid them
Re: The Pains Of Getting So Much Attention. How does it make you feel? by jhubril(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2019
What's it with your physical features ? There has to something grabbing people's attention out there?

I think I can share a portion of myself with you.

(1) (Reply)

She Asked Me To Plan Her Life After Her Graduation / Why Do Men Feel They Can Judge Women? / ...Re

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.