Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving (8096 Views)

NDDC Scholarship Beneficiaries In UK Protest Non-Payment Of Tuition Fees / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife / Enugu Governor Come To Mike Ejeagha's Aid, Pays Bills For Everyone In Hospital T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by OEPHIUS(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Over 100 beneficiaries of the Scholarship Scheme of Wife of Enugu State Governor, Mrs. Monica Ugochi Ugwuanyi, yesterday, joined women of the state at their monthly Prayer rally to offer prayers for the state.

The beneficiaries, who are mostly indigent, used the opportunity to express gratitude to God for giving Enugu State a benevolent, visionary and God-fearing Governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and using his wife, Monica, to wipe away their tears by granting them free education through scholarships.

Speaking at the event, one of the earlier beneficiaries of the scheme, which commenced three years ago, Miss Winifred Maduko, a first class graduate, stated that Mrs. Ugwuanyi’s gesture has enabled her to meet her educational need in spite of her poor background.

Miss Maduko disclosed that the scholarship scheme, tagged “Project 102”, has offered scholarship to 105 candidates since it commenced in 2016.

Emphasizing the role education plays in the alleviation of poverty, Miss Maduko, on behalf of other beneficiaries, commended Mrs. Ugwuanyi for her philanthropic disposition.

In her prayers, another beneficiary who is physically challenged, Aba Chigozie, also appreciated Mrs. Ugwuanyi, saying: "I want to thank God for what our Mummy, Her Excellency, Mrs. Monica Ugwuanyi, has done in our life. On behalf of my colleagues, I am praying that God will bless her and our governor. They will never lack and God will continue to replenish their pockets in Jesus name".

In her speech, Mrs. Ugwuanyi disclosed that the scholarship scheme was born out of her passion to assist the indigent people of the state to realize their lofty dreams.

She pointed out that the selection of the beneficiaries were devoid of any political or class inclination, adding that her motive, which is purely on humanitarian ground, is to ensure that the poorest in the society are given a new lease of life.

Explaining how this scheme came about, Mrs. Ugwuanyi said: “We came into the villages during school hours and saw children out of schools. We started asking questions and were told that they were out of schools. It is true that in Enugu state, education is free at least to basic level but there are certain fees to be paid. We provided uniforms, sandals, bags, books and other writing materials".

She therefore enjoined the people to be selfless and extend helping hands to the needy to make the world a better place.

The event also featured raffle draw where the winners went home with washing machine, blender, grinding machine, cooker, while some people were equally empowered with some items to start business.

https://thepunditng.com/enugu-governors-…fer-thanksgiving/

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by mebad(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Lamasta(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
Its a welcome development I hope it can be sustained...

Whatever is done by the state should not be individualize

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by etrange: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thanking the woman or thanking God?
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by madenigga(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
This is how u detect bad. Governance.

The stage where u thank Government for doing things that they are supposed to be doing know its bad governance.

If Lagos state residents start doing Thanksgiving for every good deed of Lagos state government every week go be owambe

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Parkac(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
And my comment was deleted. Proved my point that this was a paid advertisement.

Like I said in that comment, alot of projects needs urgent attention in the state. The projects when completed will do the praise singing on its own.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Trexautos: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thanking Govt for what they are to do? Soon I will be thanking Govt for the air I breathe

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by mechanics(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nice one, they will forever be grateful to her.
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by PureGoldh(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
Enugu state is in the hands of God.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by MadCow1: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
More showmanship style of governing.

Line them up, show them recieving the gifts, photograph it and put it out there so all can see that we did it.

This isn't what I expect from government.
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Goalnaldo(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
The scholarship is for elderly women undecided
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Sledine: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
mebad:
Impressive
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by RevengeNimi(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
can never see this...
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by KenModi(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2019
Evidence of a useless government!

As someone up there said, line them up, take photos, post on every platform for the world ro see....thats how you know a totally “more showoff, less work” government.

And just look at how the women stood straight at attention like soldiers. Chai! See citizens wey no know their right hand from left hand.

If these people knew how much that crying-idiot called the governor of Enugu is stealing from them, they would have been on the streets protesting and calling for better governance but alas they are foolishly lining up to collect peanuts to feed their children while the governor sends his children to the best schools in the U.S and U.K.

Nigerians una deserve every ounce of the useless and meaningless government you get from your political elites. After Buhari, una go still vote in some idiot wey go continue with the nonsense wey Buhari dey do wey e call governance.

More sufferings fall on Nigerians for their stupidity!
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by KenModi(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jaj
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Alashoalash10: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
Lamasta:
Its a welcome development I hope it can be sustained...

Whatever is done by the state should not be individualize
using state money to buy this items and still calling it a program of the governor wife,na wa o

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by KenModi(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
Alashoalash10:
using state money to buy this items and still calling it a program of the governor wife,na wa o

Tells you that the political elites know fully well that a vast majority of the Nigerian populace are foolish and stupid as such any useless program would fly and no one would ask any questions.

What a useless set of citizens!!
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by ejikeme(m): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jokers....driving around Enugu metropolis has turned into hazard. Trans Ekulu flyover, Polo Park Mall roads, Otigba Round about, Agbani Road, Ziks Avenue Road Uwani, Police college road Coal camp to mention a few are now death traps.
Traffic lights, Road lights are all gone.
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Pasima(m): 6:39am On Sep 11, 2019
Useless woman
Re: Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving by Lamasta(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2019
Alashoalash10:

The thing weak me seriously

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Questions Ex-Bayelsa Governor Dickson / Indigeneship Clause Causes Uproar At Public Hearing / Akunyili Supports Death Penalty For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.