Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) (31692 Views)

2020 Land Rover Discovery Unveiled (photos) / Land Rover Defender 110 Restoration Project / Land Rover Launches Land Rover Defender Works V8 To Celebrate 70th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by SEGLIZ: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2019
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by Kwekwemaster: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2019
Please help me achieve my desire of a scholarship from French Embassy Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/5412396/french-scholarship-france
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by ayyoughurt(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2019
ds one na real defender o
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by tillaman(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2019
abjisperson:
WHEN U RE BACK U BORROW ME TOO...I HAVE A PRINCESS TOO IN WUKARI
you can tag along bro!!!
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by banji1(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2019
After all these publicities and they'll still come back informing buyers of a recall to address one frivolous traction, transmission, abs issue...

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by emmynku(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2019
I would rather agree with you 100% reminds one of Toyota fj cruiser.
AutoMoTech:

Gbam!!! They successfully dragged d defender in the mud
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by WYMAN(m): 11:40am On Sep 12, 2019
she's such a beauty. by the way, I've got clean ford explorer for sale. check my signature below for more detail.
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by AroleOduduwa2: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
As a fan of the legendary defender I really looked forward to this new defender because we were hoping Land Rover will finally unveil a rival to the Mercedes-Benz G WAGON in area rugged looking luxury SUV but I must say I am not impressed by this soft plastic looking defender which looks more like a rival to Nissan Patrol or Kia Sorento than the G wagon

Are you alright? Comparing this thing to the legendary gclass
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by FarahAideed: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:

Are you alright? Comparing this thing to the legendary gclass
not this ...do you know how to read at all?

1 Like

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by BobiNick(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please I need one. Can any good Samaritan dash me one just for being a nice guy
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by shugabasbn: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
FirstSon01:
Best car from Landover!
I'll buy it one day.............. whether new or tokunbo cool

By God grace na new one u go buy including myself

2 Likes

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by MyOleSolksjaer: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
This design is utter garbage and an insult to the origninal land rover defender.

1 Like

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Must they turn every thing to this sexier SUV trends.. Personally I prefer the box masculine screaming design.. that's how they changed the LR series now this angry
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
And they made it Auto trans angry angry angry angry
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
not this ...do you know how to read at all?
Bro from where did you get the G-Wagon being rugged from??
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by FarahAideed: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Bro from where did you get the G-Wagon being rugged from??

The look is rugged
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by Pauldollars(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

The 2020 Land Rover Defender gets a complete makeover after almost 40 years of existence. Set to be unveiled at the upcoming 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany, the new 2020 Land Rover Defender (Codenamed L663), switches from body-on-frame construction to an aluminium monocoque derived from the D7 platform of current Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery siblings.

Three-door Defender 90 and five-door Defender 110 models have been confirmed so far and a range of commercial variants will debut soon. The new Defender is built for the adventurous and curious, for those who know the value of community and strive to make a difference.

Five passenger seating is standard and an optional front jump seat that doubles as the center armrest can expand that to six. The 110 is also available in a seven-passenger configuration with a small two-seat third row.

The 2020 Land Rover Defender will be offered initially with the choice between a 296 hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a mild hybrid 395 hp 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder with electric motor assist. Fuel economy figures have not been determined.

The Defender’s all-wheel-drive system comes with a two-speed locking center differential while off-road-focused models add a rear axle lock. An optional air suspension system can increase the Defender’s ground clearance from 8.6 inches to 11.5 inches and give it the ability to wade through water up to 35.4 inches deep. The Defender is also capable of climbing, descending and traversing 45-degree grades. An 8 speed ZF automatic transmission is the only gear available for the new Land Rover Defender. However, some off-road enthusiasts are a little disappointed that the new Defender may lack the engagement they always enjoyed from the manual transmission in its predecessors.

The interior layout of the defender is modern and still retains some military feel to it. The next-generation Pivi Pro software is inspired by the latest smartphones and accessed through the central 10-inch touchscreen with an always-on design that provides instant responses, even when starting the vehicle for the first time.

The cabin is trimmed in upscale materials like leather strips on the dashboard and wood rails flanking the center console, but also has body-colored inserts on the door panels for a utilitarian touch.

Five trim levels are available: S, SE, HSE, First Edition (available for the first year) and range-topping Defender X. There are also four accessory packs – Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban. Buyers of the new Defender have 170 accessories to choose from including a pop-up roof tent to take full advantage of the roof’s ability to support a 300 kg static load.

Do you love this design or you think the old retro design should have been retained like Mercedes-Benz did to the G Wagon? Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

https://autojosh.com/2020-land-rover-defender-returns-with-a-complete-makeover-photos/

Baby Defender.
It has lost the rugged look of the Real Defender. More like an SUV
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by SPLENDID25(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
tillaman:
Correct defender!
Full body option, padded to the rim
Me likey
With this kinda car I can visit my Taraba princess, so her father can give her to me at once grin
whats her name and where exactly does she stay in Taraba?
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

The look is rugged
Oh Looks lol

1 Like

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by tillaman(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
SPLENDID25:
whats her name and where exactly does she stay in Taraba?
ehn I nor dey understand yoruba bro!

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by PAQ(m): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Defender has just been given a sex change! Dis used to be a ver manly car, i am yet to see a woman drive one sef. Defender always had dis Old-man rugged looks, a daddys car. But now it looks like a muscular woman.
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by Lovelife433(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
dat thief Dino right now.

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Boxy and ugly.
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by sango147(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
UGLY CAR..

AutoJoshNG:

The 2020 Land Rover Defender gets a complete makeover after almost 40 years of existence. Set to be unveiled at the upcoming 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany, the new 2020 Land Rover Defender (Codenamed L663), switches from body-on-frame construction to an aluminium monocoque derived from the D7 platform of current Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery siblings.

Three-door Defender 90 and five-door Defender 110 models have been confirmed so far and a range of commercial variants will debut soon. The new Defender is built for the adventurous and curious, for those who know the value of community and strive to make a difference.

Five passenger seating is standard and an optional front jump seat that doubles as the center armrest can expand that to six. The 110 is also available in a seven-passenger configuration with a small two-seat third row.

The 2020 Land Rover Defender will be offered initially with the choice between a 296 hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a mild hybrid 395 hp 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder with electric motor assist. Fuel economy figures have not been determined.

The Defender’s all-wheel-drive system comes with a two-speed locking center differential while off-road-focused models add a rear axle lock. An optional air suspension system can increase the Defender’s ground clearance from 8.6 inches to 11.5 inches and give it the ability to wade through water up to 35.4 inches deep. The Defender is also capable of climbing, descending and traversing 45-degree grades. An 8 speed ZF automatic transmission is the only gear available for the new Land Rover Defender. However, some off-road enthusiasts are a little disappointed that the new Defender may lack the engagement they always enjoyed from the manual transmission in its predecessors.

The interior layout of the defender is modern and still retains some military feel to it. The next-generation Pivi Pro software is inspired by the latest smartphones and accessed through the central 10-inch touchscreen with an always-on design that provides instant responses, even when starting the vehicle for the first time.

The cabin is trimmed in upscale materials like leather strips on the dashboard and wood rails flanking the center console, but also has body-colored inserts on the door panels for a utilitarian touch.

Five trim levels are available: S, SE, HSE, First Edition (available for the first year) and range-topping Defender X. There are also four accessory packs – Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban. Buyers of the new Defender have 170 accessories to choose from including a pop-up roof tent to take full advantage of the roof’s ability to support a 300 kg static load.

Do you love this design or you think the old retro design should have been retained like Mercedes-Benz did to the G Wagon? Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

https://autojosh.com/2020-land-rover-defender-returns-with-a-complete-makeover-photos/

Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) by promiseniqqa(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
i carry dis car enter road lasman come stop me mistakenly break my windscreen.....Jehovah biafra can't even judge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Turns A BMW Into A Hot Tub And Takes It For A Spin / Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars / Questions To Ask Before Buying A Used-Car In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.