Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) (61923 Views)

This Pretty Italian Town Is Paying People €30,000 To Move There (Photos) / The Number Of Africans In The UAE Is More Than The Jobs Over There(photos) / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Trutherme: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
When they start auctioning you people in slave markets two years from now,

Some losers will come to disturb our peace here on Nairaland.

There's real money to make here in Nigeria my people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by luvyaself95(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
pikaelite:
Me: (praying) God help us in Nigeria! God help us in Nigeria God help us in Nigeria News reporter: Italy playing foreigners to live in their village..... Me:
Dude You're Mad funny You almost make me vomit the food am eating when i read this your comment.

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by zealblinks(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Young guys ran away for some reasons. Think twice before you make a move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by bluecircle470: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
My yeastern brothers how far, this is home

1 Share

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by 2rez: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
Buh the topography is scary... Get K-leg like that schrepp below. Everything no be money oh.

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by tunjijones(m): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
helinues:
Are they not allowed to knack themselves Ni or the knacking no dey turned to belle?

That's abnormal oo.. When no war or plagues there

What that means is that it's only old pple that are remaining in the towns.
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by naturefellow(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Nairalanders, make we leave English if you know say Buhari government no dey favour you. na opportunity be this. The village is far better than our village in Naija dem go still pay you grin

Lalasticlala kindly do the needful, Buharists might change their mind grin grin

My name is still Collins We Globe

Next report is my visit to Egypt
original pics cool
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by PussyKing(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
Let us know why they are moving away in the first place

or is there something killing people in that villages grin grin

No body wan die oo

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by SEGLIZ: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
dnawah:
no be when we come make am,them come say make we go o!

I dey sure say their brain nobi charcoal, like some people wey dey bite fingers.
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Witnes: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:

Travel changes our thinking grin
First, your prayer point will drop immediately you leave Nigeria.
Na because of no hope na e make prayer point con b hot cake 4 naija na
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by bayulll011(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
ariketalks:
Someone sent this news to me and i did a little research. Apparently, this village has witnessed significant population decline in recent times. More so than it has in 90 years. The causes? Emigration of able bodied youths in search of greener pastures, as well as the death of a pretty significant percentage of the village's population.
This may seem like "the" opportunity on the surface but certain things call for concern.

1. What has been causing the death of the natives?
2. If the government was so concerned about natives emigrating, why not empower them to make them stay? Why foreigners?
3. €700 seems like a lot of money because of the disparity in the value of the Naira in comparison to the Euro. I learnt cost of living for natives is between €300 - €700 a month. That doesn't seem like a lot of money in my opinion, especially when you are mandated to set up a business from the said allowance.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. All i'm saying is "look before you leap".

you have a very good point.
if the government is so disturb about the declining populations,all they need to do is set up a manufacturing companies,geographic locations shows it is not a landlocked area.so i would have expect the government there to explore options that can attracts people to live there.

all thing said,people give it a shot because that place is far better than living in lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by DeviIhimseIf: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
[s]
YorubaKing:
Oya my fellow okoro pple, food don land
[/s]
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by xpool(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Stunningly beautiful Italian region offers newcomers €25,000 to move to one of its villages after all the young people moved away

In Italy, the underpopulated region of Molise will pay you €700 per month to move in
The only catch is that you'll have to set up a business there - but you won't need to earn much to eat well

Donato Toma, the president of Molise, said anyone willing to live in a village with fewer than 2,000 residents will be offered €700 per month for three years.

There are just two conditions: applicants must agree to run a business for at least five years, and they have to do it in a town with under 2000 inhabitants.

Molise is the region which has lost the most inhabitants in the country in the last five years.

More than 9000 people have moved away from the small mountainous region since 2014, leaving the population at around 305,000.

Of 136 towns in Molise, more than 100 have fewer than 2000 people living in them and six have fewer than 200, according to national statistic office Istat.

Not a single birth was registered in nine of its towns last year.

The scheme, to be launched this month, is designed to combat depopulation, which is a chronic problem in rural Italy, especially in the poorer south.

“We’re targeting the many people from Molise who live elsewhere and plan to come back home, but also non-Molisans who’d like a change of lifestyle and to enjoy the tranquillity and healthiness of our wonderful region,” Antonio Tedeschi, the regional councillor responsible for the idea, said.

He added that the region has set aside nearly €1 million to fund the scheme over 2019-20.

Applications will open via the region’s website on September 16, and will remain open for 60 days.

Applicants must commit to moving to Molise, getting a VAT number and running their business for at least five years – that’s two years after they stop receiving the grant.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7452505/amp/Italian-region-offers-newcomers-25-000-one-villages-young-people-moved.html
Posts like this whether real or not shouldn't be published in Nigeria.
You want us to start moving our population there and start constituting international nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by JB4life: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Rural-urban migration is creating similar scenarios of village underpopulation in some parts of Nigeria too, creating apparent over-population in cities such as Lagos, Kano, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Aba, Ibadan, Kaduna, and Enugu while villages are highly under-populated.

FG should emulate Italian government to make villages attractive for young people.

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by gly(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Kingpee2:
I hope it’s true,sounds too good to be true .

Probably a high seismic. .. earthquake prone zone. Although it may be dormant, but a potential candidate in the near future.
My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by sizer07: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
ariketalks:
Someone sent this news to me and i did a little research. Apparently, this village has witnessed significant population decline in recent times. More so than it has in 90 years. The causes? Emigration of able bodied youths in search of greener pastures, as well as the death of a pretty significant percentage of the village's population.
This may seem like "the" opportunity on the surface but certain things call for concern.

1. What has been causing the death of the natives?
2. If the government was so concerned about natives emigrating, why not empower them to make them stay? Why foreigners?
3. €700 seems like a lot of money because of the disparity in the value of the Naira in comparison to the Euro. I learnt cost of living for natives is between €300 - €700 a month. That doesn't seem like a lot of money in my opinion, especially when you are mandated to set up a business from the said allowance.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. All i'm saying is "look before you leap".

Well said. A lot of Things most be put into considerations before leaping if I may Borrow ur word. Most especially ur number 2 point. Above all there has to be a reason why most of there youths are migrating to other places . There is more questions left un answered. Something is just not right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Evidenx(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
why are they stressing themselves to pay people?
just come to Nigeria even with a plane with one engine they will get plenty people that will be fighting to enter the plane.. even our president self go follow join.. haha

2 Likes

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by emeths: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Really?
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Sureguytalk(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin ; grin grin see this one when they under ojuelegba bridge dey form Egypt. Collinsweglobe indeed grin grin shocked shocked
CollinsWeGlobe:
Nairalanders, make we leave English if you know say Buhari government no dey favour you. na opportunity be this. The village is far better than our village in Naija dem go still pay you grin

Lalasticlala kindly do the needful, Buharists might change their mind grin grin

My name is still Collins We Globe

Next report is my visit to Egypt
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Mruwa1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
helinues:
Are they not allowed to knack themselves Ni or the knacking no dey turned to belle?

d youngiest female na 54 how belly wan take show
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by nams77: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:

Like my village in Edo State almost all the youths don japa.

Na so e be for everywhere wink I visited one village in Bulgaria me self hail grin na only widow and old women I dey see
University dey there? Dem fit give scholarship for Msc/phd? Make man begin arrange grin
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why didn't they allow those migrants they're deporting from Italy go to that place... just wondering

its a welcome idea for people who like the quiet lifestyle.
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Kalashnikov102:

Oga Collins make I come help you dey carry portfolio uppandan na smiley

If Buhari catch you en grin
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by emvidowealth: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
omoharry:
what happened to the young locals there? Abi na only old people full there? this is very surprising though

An excerpt from d story:

"Molise is the region which has lost the most inhabitants in the country in the last five years.

More than 9000 people have moved away from the small mountainous region since 2014, leaving the population at around 305,000."

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by seguno2: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
mike404:
I DOUBT IF HELINUES WOULD ABANDON HIS 30K MONTHLY STIPEND FOR THIS

cheesy

You mean that he is stuck to Buhari’s behind?

2 Likes

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by Frankyboy1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
AsomArchitectNG:
Nice

See our recent design of a 4bedroom residential accommodation with all rooms ensuite designed to fit into a half plot of land See my signature for more details...

Exactly what I need now

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by mfm04622: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
helinues:

Young people have moved away, leaving old people who are past child bearing age
Re: Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) by OCHAGZ(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
HOW DO I APPLY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City (updates) / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.