Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Six Reasons Why You Must Be Time Conscious - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Six Reasons Why You Must Be Time Conscious (7733 Views)

Six Reasons You Should Watch Airtel Touching Lives / Nigerians Pls Be Security Conscious (true Life Story) / Universal Laws To Be Conscious Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Reasons Why You Must Be Time Conscious by klear2011: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2011
Time is a factor which is used in measuring seasons and durations. It was created by God for the use of mankind. Time is sub-divided into seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months, years, decades, centurion and millennium.

History has it that the Egyptians were the founder of the 365 days and 7 days in a week calendar. This can be verified based on the fact that modern civilization originated from the African country. They devised this unique calendar as a means of knowing the various seasons and time frame.

One of the negative trends I have come to observe in Nigeria is the way individuals come late to work, social engagements and other programs where they are invited. This negative vice has eaten deep into the fabric of the society that Nigerians now call it African-time, instead of using the word lateness. Indeed there are numerous disadvantages of falling prey to this negative virtue, and some of the effects include:

Integrity
When an individual is able to keep his/her word regarding going to work promptly, it helps build the individuals integrity. People will regard you as a serious fellow if you are able to keep an appointment promptly.

Added Advantage
An individual who is time conscious obviously has an advantage over those who come late. The privilege of having first hand information about what to expect also aids the individual's success rate.

God is Conscious of Time
The fact that God created time and seasons makes him the master of these virtues. He is always conscious of whatever he intends to do and it expected that one emulate the creator positively.

Time Lost Can Never Be Gained
One unique value of time is the fact that once it has been lost, there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it. That is major reason why one must always be careful about its usage, as failure to take full advantage of it can spell doom.

Success in Life is a Function of Time
Successful people are always conscious of how they make use of this positive virtue. The more time-conscious an individual is, the more successfully he/she will become. It is a factor that also creates a positive background for the achievement of goals and task.

Late Comers Are Prone to Errors
In 2001, I went late for an examination which was supposed to aid my admission to the University. I arrive few hours after the exams had commenced and the end result was that I mistakenly skipped some of my details in my answer booklet. When the result eventually came out, I was utterly disappointed to discover that I failed that particular exam because of the mistake I made. This would have been avoided if had arrived promptly for the exam.
visit www.klearconcept.org for more,

(1) (Reply)

Do Real Men Cry? / All Ladies Pick Your Favorite Nairaland Husband! / Happy New Month Of September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.