Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,604 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? (2873 Views)

My Husband Love Sex To Much / A Nigerian Lady Cries Out On Her Husband's Love For Brezz / Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Women Need Love and Men Need Respect but the problem is that men want to be respected before showing love to their women whilst the women want to be loved and cared for first by their men before showing respect to them and this has been a strong bone of contention for ages even in matrimonial circles.

One of the biggest mistakes many married women make is that they believe that the way they act towards their husbands should be dependent on the way they are treated by their husbands but this is not true and a total deviation from Scriptural teachings...IN FACT, IT IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND...

The Islamic Sharee'ah stresses that the wife is under the obligation of obeying her husband. This remains unless he commands her to disobey Allah The Exalted. She is required to obey him and exert her utmost effort to fulfill his needs in a way that makes him satisfied and thankful.

This is supported by the hadeeth where the Prophet, said: “If the woman performs the five daily prayers, fasts the month of Ramadan, maintains her chastity and obeys her husband, she will enter the Paradise of her Lord.” Likewise, Allah The Exalted

And also in the Bible...
1 Peter 3 vs 1-2
"Wives, in the same way, submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words but by the behavior of their wives when they see the purity and reverence in the lives of their wives."

This is very simple and straight forward...GOD wants unconditional respect from the wife towards her husband EVEN WHEN THEIR HUSBANDS DO NOT OBEY THE SCRIPTURES...by so doing, the husbands will be won over by their acts and draw close to GOD.

This is not expunging men from loving and caring for their wives and no right thinking man should treat his wife badly even if she does not respect him but this verse clearly places a premium on a wife respecting her husband WHICH SHOULD NOT BE DEPENDENT ON THE WAY THE MAN TREATS HER and by so doing, the man will most likely love her back and treat her so well beyond her wildest dreams. This is very difficult but I believe there is a reason GOD wants it this way...

Show me a man that divorced a submissive and respective wife and I WILL SHOW YOU A MAD MAN.

No matter how sweet a lady may seem to act towards her husband and no matter how a lady thinks it's best to express love to her hubby, if she fails to respect him then all she does will be efforts in futility

TO MEN, RESPECT IS LOVE...any other thing is secondary.

3 Likes

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by LordKO(m): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
What I deduced from your submission in particular and references in general is that religion is an object of subjugation truly.

Well, for all I care and know, respect is a major constituent of love (goodness) and it doesn't discriminate. It's earned, not given, politeness and self-esteem beget it - I only hold brief for people who're sane.

Right without responsibility denotes mental parochialism in particular and insanity in general - so, a leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. Leadership/to lead is all about assuming responsibility.

In summary, conscientiously - not neither logically nor realistically - there's nothing wrong with married women who believe that the way they act should be dependent on how they're treated by their husbands (the supposed heads/spiritual heads of the house). Once more, a leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by pocohantas(f): 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
No problem, we have heard.

Let me add it to the other books on how to live peacefully with men. We would read them all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by ibkayee(f): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
Thread starter: Toks2..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by CaptainMitch: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
cool

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Mehn, women dey suffer o. Religion is not even helping matters sef. Is like they are slaves!!
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
In the words of 9ice:

"Respect is reciprocal
Ori o j'ori, base b'eru la b'omo".
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
LordKO:
What I deduced from your submission in particular and references in general is that religion is an object of subjugation truly.

Well, for all I care and know, respect is a major constituent of love (goodness) and it doesn't discriminate. It's earned, not given, politeness and self-esteem beget it - I only hold brief for people who're sane.

Right without responsibility denotes mental parochialism in particular and insanity in general - so, a leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. Leadership/to lead is all about assuming responsibility.

In summary, conscientiously - not neither logically nor realistically - there's nothing wrong with married women who believe that the way they act should be dependent on how they're treated by their husbands (the supposed heads/spiritual heads of the house). Once more, a leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.

All these grammer On top wettin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
theButterfly:
In the words of 9ice:

"Respect is reciprocal
Ori o j'ori, base b'eru la b'omo".

This is a very destructive mindset.

No head is more superior we know but it is what it is....women should respect their husbands in order to experience the love they so much crave for.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2019
What exactly does Proverb 31 say?

PROVERBS 31 VS 10-31

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

It will take an uncommon miracle to come across a lady in this 21st century that will have all of these virtues ..

2 Likes

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by GrossPrice: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
Toks2008:

PROVERBS 31 VS 10-31

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

It will take an uncommon miracle to come across a lady that will have all of these virtues..

My mother's all this!
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
GrossPrice:

My mother's all this!

Most people can conveniently say that about our mum but how many ladies of today have such virtues?
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by lyntiffany(f): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Toks2008:

PROVERBS 31 VS 10-31

It will take an uncommon miracle to come across a lady in this 21st century that will have all of these virtues ..
and you forgot the part of the bible that says seek ye shall find...... I am proud of the woman I am and am quite certain that they are other women like that out there, you only need to seek Toks and definitely you shall find.

1 Like

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
lyntiffany:
and you forgot the part of the bible that says seek ye shall find...... I am proud of the woman I am and am quite certain that they are other women like that out there, you only need to seek Toks and definitely you shall find.

I am not seeking for anything angry...NO CARRY LOAD PUT FOR MY HEAD. Nah simple write up.

So, in essence, you dey talk sey you get all these attributes...Then you must be an angel.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by lyntiffany(f): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
Toks2008:

I am not seeking for anything angry...NO CARRY LOAD PUT FOR MY HEAD. Nah simple write up.

So, in essence, you dey talk sey you get all these attributes...Then you must be an angel.
I am no saint but I strife everyday of my life to attain perfection, which needs constant amendments and transformations. No man is all good but we work towards that. As for the load matter..... I am no heavy duty truck grin

1 Like

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
Before I reply you, could you translate the "base b'eru la b'omo" for me in English, pls. I only understand the
"Ori o j'ori" part.

Toks2008:

This is a very destructive mindset.

No head is more superior we know but it is what it is....women should respect their husbands in order to experience the love they so much crave for.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
theButterfly:
Before I reply you, could you translate the "base b'eru la b'omo" for me in English, pls. I only understand the
"Ori o j'ori" part.

A slave child is given birth to the sane say we give birth to the free child.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
pocas:

Let me add it to the other books on how to live peacefully with men. We would read them all.
Lol!
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by pocohantas(f): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
I can see you changed the title of your thread.

Do people bother about these things in reality?

As in, two people that found themselves attractive and deserving of each other, would start worrying about who loves and respects first?

Are these things mutually exclusive?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
pocohantas:
I can see you changed the title of your thread.

Do people bother about these things in reality?

As in, two people that found themselves attractive and deserving of each other, would start worrying about who loves and respects first?

Are these things mutually exclusive?

You will be amazed to know how many marriages have collapsed as a result of this subject matter.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Ummuahmad(f): 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2019
pocohantas:

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Ummuahmad(f): 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
I am a woman and I strongly think men should be very sensitive to thier wives mood and emotions that way the woman feels adorable and she will show more love and respect because she feels loved and she's sure that he cares but in a situation when the man is always less concerned. They woman will definitely get tired and in turn lose all the respect she's got for him. At worst fall in love with someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lalasticlala what is your take on This?
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Martinez39(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
CaptainMitch:
cool
Why are you gay? grin
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by CaptainMitch: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
Because your girl no love me
Martinez39:
Why are you gay? grin
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Martinez39(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Because your girl no love me
Lol. Don't take it seriously. This where you meme was gotten from. Watch and you will understand. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L5mPjlPdbk

1 Like

Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by CaptainMitch: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Yeah cheesy I saw the video on twitter, this meme was trending there.
Martinez39:
Lol. Don't take it seriously. This where you meme was gotten from. Watch and you will understand. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L5mPjlPdbk
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Mariangeles(f): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Toks2008:

PROVERBS 31 VS 10-31

They exist, but it'll take a wise man to find her .
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lalasticlala I believe this is good for reading...you may rephrase the title cos it seems my head no gree decipher good titles again.
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Apination(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
One 30 year old like that asked me what are the qualities I want in a woman and I told her, just be submissive and guess what she went on to tell me, hope you know I'm a stubborn person. For my mind, this one never ready undecided
Re: Husband's love or wife's respect, Which comes first? by Toks2008(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
Apination:
One 30 year old like that asked me what are the qualities I want in a woman and I told her, just be submissive and guess what she went on to tell me, hope you know I'm a stubborn person. For my mind, this one never ready undecided

If only ladies understand that a submissive woman is a powerful woman cos by being submissive, she will in most cases, get the man to do her bidding.

This is a mystery.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surgeon Who Damaged Girl's Body Blames Lagos Hospital / Older Stranger Lady Got Angry After Looking At My Hair And Clothes? / I Feel Attracted To Older Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.