Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi (8369 Views)

N37 Billion Probe: Ex-Minister, Sadiya Umar-Farouq Gets EFCC’s 72-hour Ultimatum / Nigeria Air: APC Chieftain Tasks EFCC To Probe Ex-aviation Minister, Others / Gov Ajimobi Celebrates His Senior Personal Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Ogbomoso17(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), has been asked to probe the various allegations of corrupt practices leveled against the immediate past Governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi, by his successor, Seyi Makinde.

Debo Adeniran, Executive Chairman, CACOL, made the call in a letter addressed to the ICPC chairman, dated Saturday September 14, 2019.

In the copy made available to DAILY POST, the body recalled that Makinde had revealed how Ajimobi
carted away most of the Government-owned vehicles.

“These vehicles were illegally taken away and were not paid for by those involved. Also, many of the vehicles were never bought by officials of the past administration. There is nowhere in the public service that a governor is allowed to gift public property to cronies like a Santa Claus”, it read.

“The Governor also made a claim about his predecessor on the money meant for project which was diverted, what he met on ground was a situation where a project for which money was allocated, got only about 10% of the total funds for execution.

“We also have it on record governor Makinde’s revelations about how public funds that belonged to the good people of Oyo state were looted and shared by Ajimobi and others: 50% goes back to the Governor, 30% to the appointee who allocated the project out of which 10% goes to the Governor’s wife. His vow to not allow a repeat of such official heist gives cause for support.

“In his resolve to not allow those who looted the treasury of the state go scot free, the incumbent Oyo state governor has vowed to probe the alleged corrupt practice, adding that he would soon establish an anti-graft agency to address mismanagement of public funds. In giving full vent to this, governor Makinde informed on how he has sent a bill to the state assembly to establish an anti-graft agency that will probe the corrupt practices of the past administration.

“It is instructive to note that, Section 7 (1) a and b of the EFCC Establishment Act vested the power in your Commission to, “cause investigations to be conducted as to whether any person, corporate body or organization has committed an offence under this Act or other law relating to economic and financial crimes or cause investigation to be conducted into the properties of any person if it appears to the Commission that the person’s lifestyle and extent of the properties are not justified by his source of income. We are therefore requesting that the ICPC should cause an investigation of Senator Abiola Ajimobi on the said allegations in line with the power vested in the Commission.

“The Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership (CACOL) as group of organization with the objective of fighting corruption and corrupt persons at all level would not want, or encourage anyone to jump into any conclusion on any allegation without availing those alleged the opportunity to defend themselves.

“We therefore have reasons to believe that the matter raised by Oyo state incumbent governor is weighty enough to attract the interest and concern of the two major anti-corruption agencies in the country (the ICPC and EFCC) to warrant a complete investigation and eventual invitation of ex-governor Ajimobi for questioning and made to have his days in court, if he is found culpable as alleged, without any hints of bias.

“We are ready and willing to avail your agency of necessary cooperation in ensuring that justice is manifestly done on this matter.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/14/icpc-asked-probe-ex-oyo-gov-ajimobi/amp/

3 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by lawnreigh(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Politicians and witchunting, instead of them to allow the government of the day to face governance. As much as I'm not a fan of Ajimobi. We have many challenges as a nation than all this probe that will end up fruitless and waste of tax payers money to pay the prosecutors. Government at all levels needs to find a solution to problems of insecurity, poverty, unemployment etc that is ravaging the land.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Kiddinpoh(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
Okay...

Thief!

2 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Jonarinho(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hmmm
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by maxiuc(m): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
angry

Who are the real fraudsters

See open eye yahoo yahoo boys

Where is efcc and icpc

Shit shit shit

2 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
It's totally fine to prove whosoever they want to probe if the motive is right but if this is a return match because somebody, somewhere is witch hunting other people...Then we've lost it.

What am I saying?
Was there a time we had it in Nigeria?
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Abdul3391(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
So APC want to divert our attention in thinking that they only probe Opposition.
shame on Buhari

Shame on ApC

4 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Hienna(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
The fucking man need serious probing... If u r nt frm OYO state... And u r supporting the past admin.. Just STFU

7 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by ursullalinda(f): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
Smh after probing what next? They should pls stop disturbing our peace with their loot let's suffer in peace
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by PCRepairer: 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2019
ok
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by mywells: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
Shakles of the devil,
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by MEGAWATCH: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
lawnreigh:
Politicians and witchunting, instead of them to allow the government of the day to face governance. As much as I'm not a fan of Ajimobi. We have many challenges as a nation than all this probe that will end up fruitless and waste of tax payers money to pay the prosecutors. Government at all levels needs to find a solution to problems of insecurity, poverty, unemployment etc that is ravaging the land.

I bet you don't know anything about government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by yesloaded: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Jobabori(m): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Seyi Makinde should use EFCC and ICPC to confirm his allegations against Ajimobi. Establishing a state owned graft agency seems like whichhunting which may give negative image to his government. Seyi is a new governor in the state, he should focus more on program that benefit the electorates. Nobody will applaud him for probing his precedessor with a state agency whose finding may not hold water at the end of the day. He should focus more on good governance. Though his administration is still young, people are already thirsty and ready to drink from his well of various promises which he gave as a new governor. Nothing is on ground yet to satisfy their tasty. Those that are rating him as the best governor may be disappointed if those promises remain paper works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by funmike83(f): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ajimobi needs to be seriously probed. The man painted himself as a saint and did worst than the PDP we were all blaming . they should confiscate all his properties and his wife own

3 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by yesloaded: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
Jobabori:
Seyi Makinde should use EFCC and ICPC to confirm his allegations against Ajimobi. Establishing a state owned graft agency seems like whichhunting which may give negative image to his government. Seyi is a new governor in the state, he should focus more on program that benefit the electorates. Nobody will applaud him for probing his precedessor with a state agency whose finding may not hold water at the end of the day. He should focus more on good governance. Though his administration is still young, people are already thirsty and ready to drink from his well of various promises which he gave as a new governor. Nothing is on ground yet to satisfy their tasty. Those that are rating him as the best governor may be disappointed if those promises remain paper works.
That doesn't stops him from performing

Within 3months & few days he's spent, he showed that he's ready & up to the task. I like his approach to education & I pray he do better in that area! Mind you, people of Oyo state ain't fool because if any government messed up we remove & replace

If you lives in Oyo state, you will agreed with me that immediate past administration really did this state bad in many ways although he has his good side too just that bad side outweigh his good side

6 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Timileyin1234(m): 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ajimobi the constituted authority
The man is a thief
He couldn’t pay retirees for over one year. Some of them die of hunger. He was telling them the allocation was not enough, was it not from the allocation Seyi Makinde used to pay them and reduced school fees. Seyi reduced the allocation that he said it wasn’t enough of about 180billion. They should probe him

2 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by roqrules04(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Constituted authority Lol.. Anyways, ICPC should remember to check his daughter's accounts too cos he might have used her to launder funds who knows

4 Likes

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Jobabori(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
yesloaded:

That doesn't stops him from performing

Within 3months & few days he's spent, he showed that he's ready & up to the task. I like his approach to education & I pray he do better in that area! Mind you, people of Oyo state ain't fool because if any government messed up we remove & replace

If you lives in Oyo state, you will agreed with me that immediate past administration really did this state bad in many ways although he has his good side too just that bad side outweigh his good side
We all hope he performed and should not have a single bad side. I am not easily convinced by politicians and their oratory. Let look at 2 examples that showed that "he is ready to govern" for instance. Propmt payment of salary. Yes did he inherit salary arears from his predecessor?. Slashing of LAUTECH fees to 65k. Good but the institution today belongs to 2 states, hence unilateral reduction of fees is like telling a moon light. Children listing to the tale are happy but the story teller knows it is a fiction. Would only Oyo students pay 65k while Osun students pay the old fees?. I am afraid, those saying he is inexperience in government before his election may be justified later.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by jkendy(m): 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Is there any gov'nor who hasn't mismanaged public funds through elephant projects while in power under the guise and protection of immunity in this country
If ICPC and EFCC truly wanna do their jobs fairly and not being selective based on party lines, every past gov'nor should be properly investigate and see if a saint would be found among them.
Corruption stinks in their loins like rotten eggs
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Wolexdey(m): 11:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good approach...
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Difrent: 5:05am On Sep 15, 2019
Hienna:
The fucking man need serious probing... If u r nt frm OYO state... And u r supporting the past admin.. Just STFU

What if you are from Oyo state and you are supporting the past administration, what should you do?
1. Support the past administration because you have a right to
2. Don't support the current administration because you also have the right to
3. STFU
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 5:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Jobabori:

We all hope he performed and should not have a single bad side. I am not easily convinced by politicians and their oratory. Let look at 2 examples that showed that "he is ready to govern" for instance. Propmt payment of salary. Yes did he inherit salary arears from his predecessor?. Slashing of LAUTECH fees to 65k. Good but the institution today belongs to 2 states, hence unilateral reduction of fees is like telling a moon light. Children listing to the tale are happy but the story teller knows it is a fiction. Would only Oyo students pay 65k while Osun students pay the old fees?. I am afraid, those saying he is inexperience in government before his election may be justified later.
that slashing of Lautech fees to 65k was social media fake news..

1 Like

Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by muystoy(m): 6:44am On Sep 15, 2019
Good move,God bless Seyi Makinde(The people's governor)
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by mercyvivv(f): 7:07am On Sep 15, 2019
I don't understand this kind of letter; is it a "letter" or a PETITION. Cos I'm not sure ICPC can kick start a probe without a written petition. Just saying...

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by backnbeta(f): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2019
Jobabori:
I think the duty of the state graft agency will be to establish there was actually theft of state fund and the extent, after which EFCC/ICPC will take over undecided
Honestly, I'd rather Seyi just continues the good work and leave the probing out of it...but it may be necessary, just for the records...we all know nothing will come out of it.
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by yesloaded: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2019
Jobabori:

That's not point about his approach to education,am talking about primary & secondary schools! Also, theres need for Oyo & Osun to part ways on this LAUTECH issue because Osun State already has state owned University courtesy of Oyinlola whereas old LAUTECH teaching hospital is in Oshogbo. Oyo state now has new LAUTECH teaching hospital courtesy of Akala while LAUTECH university is in Ogbomosho.

Let Oyo state take full ownership of LAUTECH university while Osun state takes full ownership of Teaching Hospital situated in Ogbomosho. Akala tried it but Aregbesola frustrated his effort then because of politics

Nigerian politicians should stop playing politic with the lives and future of Nigerian youths

I dislike to hear the word someone is not experienced in politics, those who are experienced ended up owing salaries, left abandoned abandoned projects left and right after 8years in office, refused to promote thousands of civil servants due for promotion, destroyed system of education and commit lots of atrocities. Their useless political experience is nothing but harm to Nigerian so let them use their experience to train their kids!
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Hienna(m): 8:28am On Sep 15, 2019
Difrent:

What if you are from Oyo state and you are supporting the past administration, what should you do?
3. STFU
Even Devil has followers bro... Anyone the followers want... Is okay by me... No point arguing..
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Hienna(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2019
Difrent:

3. STFU
Morealso every one has a right to choose whom he/she prefers... But people from the state sees better than those outside d state..
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Pinkybush: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2019
lawnreigh:
Your brain is as empty as unuse geepee tank. So, in your empty skul if the money that should be use in tackling insecurity, poverty and unemployment like you said is loot by one or few individuals how would those things be tackled? If it were Goodluck Jonathan your dumb head would've reason otherwise. FOOL!
Re: ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi by Wande22(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
God bless you my brother
In Ibadan, everyone are just doing like the Crocodile (observe first before you strike)
Jobabori:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Treat Your People Fairly, Buhari Cautions New Emir Of Zazzau / Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement / IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order Affecting Preparations For Election in Anambra - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.