Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement (8369 Views)

Zamfara Assembly Accuses Finance Ministry Of Allocating Illegal Funds To MDAs / Railway: Amaechi Accuses Chinese Firm Of Breaching Contract / Railway: Amaechi Accuses Chinese Firm Of Breaching Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by ogododo: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2021
The minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Friday said the ministry of finance was frustrating the disbursement of the $200million Cabotage Vessels Finance Fund (CVFF).

The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), had in March this year, said it received the approval of president Muhammadu Buhari to disburse the CVFF to qualified indigenous maritime operators in line with the treasury single account (TSA) policy and the CVFF guidelines of 2006.

However, the agency is yet to apply the over $200 million fund to acquire vessels for local ship owners who have been struggling to survive due to inadequate funds to run their business.

Speaking at the 2020 federal ministry of transportation ministerial retreat in Lagos, Amaechi said president Muhammadu Buhari and the attorney general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, have approved the disbursement of the fund but the minister of finance, Zainab Ahmed, protested against the disbursement, saying, it is a public fund and shouldn’t be disbursed to private operators.

He, however, advised ship owners to write a protest letter to the president seeking the disbursement of the fund and explain why the fund is a private fund.

“The owners of the fund should write to the president and copy me, and then I will go back to the president. The law says it is not a public fund, now that they are aware they should write to say we are aware of the approval, and we are aware of the protest by the minister of finance and if I have all these, I will go back to the president,” the minister said.

He maintained that with the commissioning of the Deep Blue Project, vessels that were unable to visit the eastern ports can now do so without fear of attacks.

“I said we will address the issue of security in the maritime sector because the reasons why vessels are not able to go to Port-Harcourt, Warri and other places is because of the high cost of insurance.

“High cost of insurance is a result of insecurity, so if we address the issue of insecurity which is the root cause, then the high cost of insurance will reduce and more businesses will go to the South-south where we have other seaports.

“Since we launched the equipment for the security architecture, we are now monitoring improvement and this is going to reduce because we have equipment and human beings managing them,” he assured.

Also speaking, the director general, NIMASA, Dr Bashir Jamoh, said the agency was doing everything possible to put the floating dockyard into use.

According to him, the quay to berth the floating dock at Continental shipyard is weak, rusty and old hence the need for rehabilitation.

“In summary, we are just trying to see how we can effectively and safely get a place where we can berth the floating dock and commence operations but, every other thing about the floating dock is complete except where to berth the vessel,” he explained
https://leadership.ng/amaechi-accuses-finance-ministry-of-frustrating-200m-cabotage-fund-disbursement/amp/?

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by money121(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Zainabthegirl1(f): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2021
Frustrated person keeps getting frustrated

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Lattop(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2021
They should have give Mr Amaechi is share and he would have kept mum

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Nwaezeudo: 8:30am On Aug 09, 2021
Government filled with lotters and terrorists!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by AlphikkaTech: 8:30am On Aug 09, 2021
Amaechi dey cash out from this government big time. No wonder he has been quiet for years now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Amaechi cashing out back to back in this administration. All his fights and budget defences na millions of dollars. The guy really hammer

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by whela(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Funny... you all are the same... this would be the last we'll hear about this issue....
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Penguin2: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Amaechi the shrewd fighter.

Man is steady going for Elrufai’s men in Buhari cabinet.

He has successfully taken out Hadiza Bala Usman from NPA.

Now he’s going for Zainab Ahmed. Another Elrufai ally.

Don’t be surprised if Zainab goes down too for frustrating development agenda of the president.

I fear who no fear Amaechi.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Moferere: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Confused people
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by DropsMic(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Normal
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Ololanla: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Rotimi!!
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by AlphikkaTech: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=Penguin2 post=104588531][/quote]

Lol, why you quote me?
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2021
The owners of the fund should write to the president and copy me, and then I will go back to the president. The law says it is not a public fund, now that they are aware they should write to say we are aware of the approval, and we are aware of the protest by the minister of finance and if I have all these, I will go back to the president,” the minister said.
Reality on ground

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by tiyyonas(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2021
You only see him talk when he wants to cash out kiss
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by najoomey(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2021
Well the frustrating minister is advising the frustrating ship owners on how to claim their rights
ogododo:

https://leadership.ng/amaechi-accuses-finance-ministry-of-frustrating-200m-cabotage-fund-disbursement/amp/?
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Penguin2: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2021
post=104588582:

Reality on ground

U no dey shame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by GeneralPula: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2021
AlphikkaTech:
Amaechi dey cash out from this government big time. No wonder he has been quiet for years now.

You don see ham make noise before?
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2021
Rotimi wants to cashout again
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Temptee101(m): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2021
shocked

Amaechi always cashing out in millions of dollars.

By 2023, he'd become one of the richest thieves in Africa.

He steals in dollars not naira o.

He knows the mannequin very well, he'd tell him, "Baba lets connect rail from daura to your people in Niger Rep." Baba go say, "Ok, my good friend, Amaechi; talk to china people about it".

He will then go to china and buy condemned trains less than 10% of the amount budgetted while the rest goes into his pocket.

The media will then publicise and make a documentary about it after getting huge brown envelope.

Finally, ever gullible Nigerians will clap for him, stressing how corrupt-free he is.

This buhari's government has failed in all indices that measure progress of a nation. Most corrupt of all.

Millions of dollars flying up and down into private pockets uncounted for.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Lawalemi(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2021
This Amaechi is just festering under Buhari administration.

Ministers are becoming wild and uncontrollable under this administration
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by ecolime(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Amaechi cashing out back to back in this administration. All his fights and budget defences na millions of dollars. The guy really hammer
He is made for life.
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by ManirBK: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2021
my support goes to finance minister on this issue.
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by BluntCrazeMan: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Penguin2:
Amaechi the shrewd fighter.

Man is steady going for Elrufai’s men in Buhari cabinet.

He has successfully taken out Hadiza Bala Usman from NPA.

Now he’s going for Zainab Ahmed. Another Elrufai ally.

Don’t be surprised if Zainab goes down too for frustrating development agenda of the president.

I fear who no fear Amaechi.
The Lion Of Ubima is Roaring Again..
Re: Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement by Shebirun(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2021
Get a movie filled 64gb,128gb,500gb,1tb,2tb external storage devices with high definition movies filled to capacity. Contains different genres of movies ranging from action,cartoon, anime, comedy, animal documentaries, children/educational videos etc

Number and price is on my profile.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order Affecting Preparations For Election in Anambra - INEC / 5 Major Things Nigeria Stands To Gain By Choosing A Visionary Leader Like Anyim / Fashola Commissions Cg-eko Automobile Services, Skill Acquisition Center (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.