Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert (5136 Views)

Please Help!! My Girlfriend Can't Change From This Habit. / Introvert Vs Extrovert, Who Will You Date? / Marriage: An Introvert Or An Extrovert; Your Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2019
Good day.

I really need a personality change. I am always depressed when I find my mates doing what I want to do.

I struggle in a lot of things I find myself doing. At work (contrastingly a customer care agent) I am really struggling and I have been warned several times to sit up but I still struggle.

Some of my weakness are.

inarticulate speaking

Not been assertive

lack of confidence ( my voice and body shake when I talk)

I can't communicate well in my local language (this is because of my upbringing) it doesn't sound right in my month.

I don't have real friends!

I have tried alot of things. somebody recommended the usage of drugs (tramadol), alcohol or smoke. But I don't want to try them.

I have posted on this issue with more than 10 different accounts since the last 10 years of which one of it is aknopic.
And I have been reading and watching videos overcoming shyness for more that 10 years now but it seems things still get worst

Please help

pardon any blunder

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Generalissimo75(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2019
I believe you have just ONE problem. Work on overcoming this problem and you'll be okay. You have Low self esteem.

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by goodmorning40: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2019
Don't try Alcohol and drugs as recommended you will end up becoming a mental case with them.
I have someone who is like you in my family, it is not a disease so accept yourself the way you are.
You could try not to always be too conscious of yourself and what people think about you. See every human being as equal and same no matter how rich they appear to be they are no different from you. This way you will be more relaxed with all.

Try to say your mind at all times you do not have to
be assertive just say your opinion no matter how badly the language come out remember patience Jonathan she speaks bad English with pride and still remain bold.

Do some private rehearsals with yourself, just talk to yourself in private and act how you actually want to act in the presence of others or someone this will increase your self confidence.

Above all dont condemn yourself for making some mistakes while relating with others, learn to shake it off and move on after all we all make mistakes and all can't act in same manner
Find your own corner and be comfortable there dont bother yourself with what everyone else think or does

29 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2019
Generalissimo75:
I believe you have just ONE problem. Work on overcoming this problem and you'll be okay. You have Low self esteem.
How do I overcome low self esteem as you've said
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 15, 2019
You cant. Simple.
Be yourself. It annoys me to see/hear questions like this. If you're an introvert, enjoy it, you can force yourself to be something you are naturally not. It your personality not a learned behavior.

Besides you seem timid. Extremely shy. I wont encourage you to remain so but dont rush yourself, like you stated it would make things worse.

WhyTF would you use drugs. Theres a difference between being extroverted and being high on tramadol. Work on your selfesteem. This proves its pretty low. And be careful with your health. Nothing is worth it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Legionx: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2019
derrick015:

How do I overcome low self esteem as you've said

Are you ugly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by akinade28(f): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2019
The first thing is to accept who you are. Accept that you are introvert and there is nothing you can do about it, you can only try to improve on your weaknesses.
The fact is that both introverts and extroverts have their strengths and weaknesses.
Stop comparing your weaknesses as an introvert such as being timid, shy, quiet etc with an extrovert strength such being outspoken and bold, because you will always undermine and underestimate yourself. You will consider yourself to be a failure and have low esteem
If you work on your weaknesses, you will discover that you can be better at your job than those extrovert, you are comparing yourself with.
Though I understand the economic situation of the country and the high rate of unemployment but not all jobs are well suited for you, that's why you are struggling with it.
I think you should consider looking for a job that requires your intellectual skills not so much of interpersonal relationship skills because we as interverts are not as good as extroverts in this particular area, it's their strengthen, but our weakness.
But in the main time, you can try talking to people or making friends with people beneath you ( in term of age, maturity, academics) this might boost your level of confidence or social interactions before you meet people in your level or above you.
Please don't do drugs, you will only damage yourself the more

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Bojack(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2019
nigga try smoking weed, in no time you will see the result

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by 40secondsMan: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2019
Do you read books? I'd like to recommend one fr u...
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by 40secondsMan: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2019
Bojack:
[s]nigga try smoking weed, in no time you will see the result [/s]

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2019
40secondsMan:
I do. please do
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Darkseid(m): 9:39am On Sep 15, 2019
Your problem is not introversion rather it's timidity and shyness. I'm an introvert too but I don't have any problem with meeting people or speaking my mind, in fact I'm a no nonsense person. IMHO I think it's the extroverts who needs to be cured because I can't imagine myself living life the way they do.

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by 40secondsMan: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2019
derrick015:

I do. please do

Why You Act The Way You Do- Tim lahaye

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2019
40secondsMan:

Why You Act The Way You Do- Tim lahaye

I have read it where he talked on the 4 personalities that's melancholic phlegmatic sanguine and chlorics
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2019
Darkseid:
Your problem is not introversion rather it's timidity and shyness. I'm an introvert too but I don't have any problem with meeting people or speaking my mind, in fact I'm a no nonsense person. IMHO I think it's the extroverts who needs to be cured because I can't imagine myself living life the way they do.
True
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2019
derrick015:
Good day.

I really need a personality change. I am always depressed when I find my mates doing what I want to do.

I struggle in a lot of things I find myself doing. At work (contrastingly a customer care agent) I am really struggling and I have been warned several times to sit up but I still struggle.

Some of my weakness are.

inarticulate speaking

Not been assertive

I can't communicate well in my local language (this is because of my upbringing) it doesn't sound right in my month.

I have tried alot of things. somebody recommended the usage of drugs (tramadol), alcohol or smoke. But I don't want to try them.

I have posted on this issue with more than 10 different accounts since the last 10 years of which one of it is aknopic.
And I have been reading and watching videos overcoming shyness for more that 10 years now but it seems things still get worst

Please help

pardon any blunder

I am an introvert, but I go out alot because of networking and securing the bag.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Darkseid:
grin lol. We need to be cured?
we just have the energy.
IntroV's are cool too. For me their quiet creates mystery. You know, whats he thinking? And all that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by MiVida(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2019
One advice I can give you is this... If you masturbate, STOP.

Start from there.
derrick015:
Good day.

Some of my weakness are.

inarticulate speaking

Not been assertive

Please help

pardon any blunder

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2019
Thank you all for the advice

Somethings have been unraveled here that I really appreciate.

Well I think I am a shy introvert.

I have seen a lot of introverted persons do things.

I work in a bank now. I need to get rid of shyness and maybe low self-esteem to be a great banker.

I can't say because I am an introvert I will drop the job. That will be foolish of me. And there are little jobs out there.

Please help me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by BronzeMajik(f): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2019
Spend more time with someone crazy and adventurous preferably a female, you'll change in no time.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by TheApologist: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2019
dear op, being introverted isn't a curse; infact it's more of a blessing. you only need to maximise it to your advantage however, extreme introversion isn't something to be too comfortable with, you can always improve on it. Introverts are great personalities but you just have to stay true to yourself. I'll recommend you read "Quiet" by Susan Cain it will help you appreciate your personality and point you to how to improve on it

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by cooluzi: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2019
40secondsMan:
books cant help you rather start mingle with people and start opening up your mind and talk ,im like this when I was younger but I changed but not completely tho
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2019
MiVida:
One advice I can give you is this... If you masturbate, STOP.

Start from there.
does it help?
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by 40secondsMan: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2019
cooluzi:
books cant help you rather start mingle with people and start opening up your mind and talk ,im like this when I was younger but I changed but not completely tho

Books do help, cos it opens up your mind to things u don't know.

You ask him to mingle, but he clearly doesn't know how to. A book can teach him how to startup conversations...ask Ilegend

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by 40secondsMan: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2019
Blackivy29:
does it help?

Yes it does.

Masturbation fuels further isolation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by cooluzi: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2019
40secondsMan:

Books do help, cos it opens up your mind to things u don't know.

You ask him to mingle, but he clearly doesn't know how to. A book can teach him how to startup conversations...ask Ilegend
Lol I cant type much but books cant help him opening up is something natural that comes from the mind ,he has to force himself to do that ,ive been there

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by NobleAngell(f): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2019
Darkseid:
We need to be cured, in what way? There's nothing wrong with being an extrovert. Although I kinda admire introverts, but i know that kind of life isn't for me. God knew what He was doing when he created both, makes the world habitable.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Akuchaser: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2019
Blackivy29:
does it help?
like voodoo
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2019
Convince yourself you're a leader, simple.!
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Babawon1: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2019
derrick015:
Thank you all for the advice

Somethings have been unraveled here that I really appreciate.

Well I think I am a shy introvert.

I have seen a lot of introverted persons do things.

I work in a bank now. I need to get rid of shyness and maybe low self-esteem to be a great banker.

I can't say because I am an introvert I will drop the job. That will be foolish of me. And there are little jobs out there.

Please help me.
find more thing to addict urself. like Supporting a club, and make sure u go watch it outside so u can react with people.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Jewingle(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2019
What I have come to understand as an introvert is that you have to work on yourself first. Introverts think a lot and always care what people say about them, shy most times and sometimes can’t even speak up for their right. The main factor lies in yourself. What are your insecurities. Using myself as an example. I was very tall and lanky and that affected my self esteem because most people make jest of me because of my looks. And even looking at myself in the mirrow I don’t even like how I looked

I worked out thoroughly by hitting the gym until I became muscular and that increased my self esteem. I Dressed classier and started taking care of my skin. Took grooming of my hair and beard serious. All these boost your confidence becos you would start getting admired and not shy of urself. What causes low self esteem is when you don’t look good enough probably becos you are too fat or too skinny or don’t dress well enough. You have to work on your physical appearance and trust me your confidence will boost. And most importantly double your hussle. Without money you can’t achieve most of this things. I repeat work on your Physcial appearance and watch ur confidence boost

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by lilmax(m): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2019
this is always the problem with introvert

you be introvert you be introvert

stop searching for what isn't there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Smoking Weed Really Cause Insanity? / These Bridal Shower Photos Got People Talking / My Husband Does Not Romance Me Before Having Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.