Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,011 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun (4669 Views)

Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS / Ayo Opadokun: IPOB Members Fighting For Their Rights, They Are Not Rebels / Opadokun: Asking Buhari To Change Service Chiefs Is Asking Him To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
I knw what i was taught in my history class in school about the Nigerian civil war....i am not going after blame games and who is to blame...i was only asking my teacher then How Nigeria can get better....till today, no one have been able to answer me!
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
T9ksy:

Emphatically NO .........but the ibos expected him(Awo) to send his yoruba people onto "golgotha" for their cause.
The Igbos expected him to remain neutral. No one cares if he took them to hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
The Igbos expected him to remain neutral. No one cares if he took them to hell fire.

Just like the Igbo remain neutral by not killing western region premier (Akintola).

Just like the Igbos remain neutral by not attacking Ore right?

Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Ojiofor: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Come force me to be grateful to a man that deserves to die in Hague for crimes against humanity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by T9ksy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:

Oh, so that was what you guys expected of Awo but he turned the tables on your slimy leaders hence the perpetual hatred

from you guys.You brought your d.u,.mb war to his land and expect him to stand akimbo as his people are being killed as collateral damages in

your marital woes with your former bedmate.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2019
T9ksy:

Oh, so that was what you guys expected of Awo but he turned the tables on your slimy leaders hence the perpetual hatred

from you guys.You brought your d.u,.mb war to his land and expect him to stand akimbo as his people are being killed as collateral damages in

your marital woes with your former bedmate.
gosh...are you this daft? i repeat no one cares if he took you to hell. we just wanted to be left alone. and who was killing you? and which war did we bring to your land? if you are talking about the movement of Biafran troops to Lagos then you are a slowpoke. where exactly was the seat of power? was it not Lagos? were you expecting them to go to Kano? if you didn't want crises or blood shed as you want us to believe then you would have told the F.G to relocate the seat of power to any northern state and remain neutral. you just like to put your mouth where it does not consign you. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by OreMI22: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
[s]
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ayo Opadokun, elder statesman and Secretary-General of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) has described as untrue the claims that the late Obafemi Awolowo betrayed the Eastern Region during the Nigerian civil war which lasted from 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Daily Independent, Opadokum said if there is anybody to whom the Igbos should express gratitude for his role in the civil war, it is Awolowo.

“It is the height of mischief for anyone to claim that Awolowo betrayed the Igbos during the civil war. Many of them have been indoctrinated to so think and behave over the years. If there is anybody the Igbos should appreciate, it is Awolowo”.

” How could he have betrayed them? Are they claiming he betrayed them by not following them when they were seceding?”; Opadokun queried.
https://www.independent.ng/igbos-should-be-grateful-to-awolowo-for-his-role-during-civil-war-opadokun/
[/s]

Your Father!
I wonder why scallywags like this guy always try to divide Igbos and Yoruba more by harping on their difficult past trying to blame one side for "Not knowing" enough. Instead of finding ways to forget the past and move on to prosperous future for both peoples!

He is definitely working for his northern pay masters. Looking for ways to steer up hot divisive arguments between Yoruba and Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Just like the Igbo remain neutral by not killing western region premier (Akintola).

Just like the Igbos remain neutral by not attacking Ore right?

Rubbish!
The Igbos did not attack Ore. their destination was Lagos. I hope you know what attack is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
The Igbos did not attack Ore. their destination was Lagos. I hope you know what attack is.

Do you even know the map of Nigeria? Is Lagos bordering any Biafran territory then?

So if the Igbos advance past ore and eventually moved towards Lagos, what about the Yoruba cities they will pass through before getting to Lagos? Will the soldiers be sharing biscuit and jollof rice for the Yorubas in those cities?

Just like saying I want to attack Enugu and I’m driving through Anambra, do you think the Igbos in Anambra will be dancing with soldiers when they advance to Enugu?

Think bro, please think!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Do you even know the map of Nigeria? Is Lagos bordering any Biafran territory then?

So if the Igbos advance past ore and eventually moved towards Lagos, what about the Yoruba cities they will pass through before getting to Lagos? Will the soldiers be sharing biscuit and jollof rice for the Yorubas in those cities?

Just like saying I want to attack Enugu and I’m driving through Anambra, do you think the Igbos in Anambra will be dancing with soldiers when they advance to Enugu?

Think bro, please think!
dude,i am not here for back and forth on Nigerian history and geography. i think i made my point. i wonder why when Igbos are trying to set things straight with the Hausa-fulanis, there would always be a Yoruba man that would pop up somehow.like i told your bro who quoted me first. we dont care if awolowo took you all to hell, just mind your damn business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
dude,i am not here for back and forth on Nigerian history and geography. i think i made my point. i wonder why when Igbos are trying to set things straight with the Hausa-fulanis, there would always be a Yoruba man that would pop up somehow.like i told your bro who quoted me first. we dont care if awolowo took you all to hell, just mind your damn business.

To be honest, you are right to some extent about Chief Opadotun trying to seek validation from the Igbos about Awolowo role in the civil war.

I don’t give a bleep on what Igbos think about Awolowo, coz we (Yorubas) only define our hero by ourselves and we don’t need any one for validation.

Just like the Igbos also have every right to speak bad about Awolowo in any way they can going by what they thought he did or how he wronged them.

This thread to be honest is rubbish and I don’t even know the essence of what the chief is saying.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
LegendHero:

To be honest, you are right to some extent about Chief Opadotun trying to seek validation from the Igbos about Awolowo role in the civil war.

I don’t give a bleep on what Igbos think about Awolowo, coz we (Yorubas) only define our hero by ourselves and we don’t need any one for validation.

Just like the Igbos also have every right to speak bad about Awolowo in any way they can going by what they thought he did or how he wronged them.

This thread to be honest is rubbish and I don’t even know the essence of what the chief is saying.
dude, i do not support insulting other peoples leaders that is why in strong terms i feel that we should either we practice Federalism or we split. so that everyone can mind his own. This talk of Awolowo did this or did that is completely unnecessary. all i want is peace. and best way in my opinion is disintegration. what an average Igbo man feels is good for him is completely different from the way a Yoruba man sees his. all we need is mutual respect. and not some people making me feel as if one side is good and the other evil. every leader from Awo,Ojukwu have their mistakes and faults. so we should try and respect one another. no tribe or ethic Group is superior.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by kay4kay: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=meccuno post=82259917]gosh...are you this daft? i repeat no one cares if he took you to hell. we just wanted to be left alone. and who was killing you? and which war did we bring to your land? if you are talking about the movement of Biafran troops to Lagos then you are a slowpoke. where exactly was the seat of power? was it not Lagos? were you expecting them to go to Kano? if you didn't want crises or blood shed as you want us to believe then you would have told the F.G to relocate the seat of power to any northern state and remain neutral. you just like to put your mouth where it does not consign you. undecided[/quote
]
Ojukwu would have succeeded if he had stayed by biafra border and protect his colony, but his selfish ego and hatred for gowon lead him to Lagos.

I love him for his bravery but he missed it.

I hate for running away. He should have surrender, and gowon will release him. That's what makes great leader not running away with his family.

Anyway RIP

Let's see how far Nnamdi kanu will go
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by T9ksy(m): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
gosh...are you this daft? i repeat no one cares if he took you to hell. we just wanted to be left alone. and who was killing you? and which war did we bring to your land? if you are talking about the movement of Biafran troops to Lagos then you are a slowpoke. where exactly was the seat of power? was it not Lagos? were you expecting them to go to Kano? if you didn't want crises or blood shed as you want us to believe then you would have told the F.G to relocate the seat of power to any northern state and remain neutral. you just like to put your mouth where it does not consign you. undecided

Now, who's the daft one here?

The northerners slaughtered your fathers in their revenge coup after you guys had murdered their (northern) leaders in cold blood.

The seat of power might have been in lagos however right from independence day, the govt of the day was run from northern nigeria apart from the six months, the ibos held sway courtesy of Ironsi's coup.

I presume that was why you lost the war. Had ojukwu gone northwards to avenge his people's death, the few northerners in western nigeria
(abeokuta, ibadan and lagos) would have had no choice than to move back up to their region to defend their territory and kinsmen. There's no way those northern soldiers stationed in yorubaland will stay put to defend lagos- the seat of power whilst their people are been killed in the north by ojukwu's BLF.

The mid-west region was no where near the seat of power but that didn't stop ojukwu from invading the region, occupying the land and foisting his own stooge on the indigenes. He, Ojukwu had similar scheme for yorubaland as evidenced from his letter to Lt. Col. Banjo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
T9ksy:

Now, who's the daft one here?

The northerners slaughtered your fathers in their revenge coup after you guys had murdered their (northern) leaders in cold blood.

The seat of power might have been in lagos however right from independence day, the govt of the day was run from northern nigeria apart from the six months, the ibos held sway courtesy of Ironsi's coup.

I presume that was why you lost the war. Had ojukwu gone northwards to avenge his people's death, the few northerners in western nigeria
(abeokuta, ibadan and lagos) would have had no choice than to move back up to their region to defend their territory and kinsmen. There's no way those northern soldiers stationed in yorubaland will stay put to defend lagos- the seat of power whilst their people are been killed in the north by ojukwu's BLF.

The mid-west region was no where near the seat of power but that didn't stop ojukwu from invading the region, occupying the land and foisting his own stooge on the indigenes. He, Ojukwu had similar scheme for yorubaland as evidenced from his letter to Lt. Col. Banjo.
so the seat of power then was not in Lagos? Please don't quote me again.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
dude, i do not support insulting other peoples leaders that is why in strong terms i feel that we should either we practice Federalism or we split. so that everyone can mind his own. This talk of Awolowo did this or did that is completely unnecessary. all i want is peace. and best way in my opinion is disintegration. what an average Igbo man feels is good for him is completely different from the way a Yoruba man sees his. all we need is mutual respect. and not some people making me feel as if one side is good and the other evil. every leader from Awo,Ojukwu have their mistakes and faults. so we should try and respect one another. no tribe or ethic Group is superior.

Yeah that’s true. Sometimes I always feel breaking up the country is the best thing, I’m a realist and I can tell you for free that going by the current political environment and the slight animosity between the southerners, that breaking up will eventually turn to a mirage.

To you Igbos, you might always wonder why the Yorubas chose to remain in the union and why they can’t feel what you feel, but I want you to understand that people are different, we react to situations differently, we adapt to situations differently and we all have different level of endurance.

Whether Nigeria will break or not, we should all respect eachother way of life, and stop all this roforofo fight online coz no one is proposing a realist solution to all this menace facing this country.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by T9ksy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:

We would have minded our own internal quagmire if you ibos hadn't decided in your infinite wisdom to turn our ancestral land into a theater of war between you and your former bedmates.
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=kay4kay post=82260677][/quote]we will not be a Nation forever. Unless you are not proud of who you are. I am a proud African and a very proud Igbo son. All I want is progress,whatever Kanu is doing is a means to an end. It is very obvious Nigeria can never be that Nation we all would be proud of. We are more than 50 years old. I live in Lagos and it's a shit hole just like every other state in Nigeria. Compared to countries like SA ,Egypt,Kenya etc. We cannot manage ourselves it is evident. Let's all agree for a separation so that we can move at our pace. The Northerners and your people have occupied all federal government agencies,there are no Jobs but you only protest when an Igbo man is caught for fraud not minding the fact that his Homeland is deliberately made unconduicive. We are our own problems. Kanu speaks you lots criticize him to death but do absolutely nothing afterwards. Is that a curse? I don't get.you keep advising and telling us how soon and gloom awaits but you suffer the same thing we suffer. If you have a better option start it then we can follow you. I won't mind what tribe you are from.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
did awolowo die for the Igbos?

did ojukwu die for them? I have forgotten majority of you, have problem with the logical usage of English. the word die that I used there doesn't practically mean death, awolowo should have led them to warfront and ran like ojukwu since that's what you people called Hero

no one should stress himself in satisfying you people because you never appreciate, left to Otedola and Fashola Igbo won't be allow to be a street landlord chairman in Lagos not to talk of contesting for political post, the same Tinubu that gave you people sense of belonging is the most hated politician in southwest and one person will now be killing themselves for one bunch of mud region people

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by T9ksy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
so the seat of power then was not in Lagos? Please don't quote me again.

It's either you have reading problem or comprehension deficit 'cause i can't see anywhere in my post above where i claimed

the seat of power was not in lagos. Even a 10 yr old nigerian knows this shocked. My premise is that northerners were running the country, first by the

sardunna who stayed behind as a regional leader (whilst he sent his stooge TB to lagos) until your kinsmen decided to snuff the life outta him.

Nevertheless, his minions continue to strategise how to wrestle power from the ibos, from their northern enclaves.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Yeah that’s true. Sometimes I always feel breaking up the country is the best thing, I’m a realist and I can tell you for free that going by the current political environment and the slight animosity between the southerners, that breaking up will eventually turn to a mirage.

To you Igbos, you might always wonder why the Yorubas chose to remain in the union and why they can’t feel what you feel, but I want you to understand that people are different, we react to situations differently, we adapt to situations differently and we all have different level of endurance.

Whether Nigeria will break or not, we should all respect eachother way of life, and stop all this roforofo fight online coz no one is proposing a realist solution to all this menace facing this country.
I only asked that dude. Did awolowo die for the Igbos and he went all ballistic. I have never for once had issues with any tribe but I won't be quiet when we know Nigeria is going down daily and not say anything. Like I told a friend of mine. Our problems are not just internal they are external. The Fulanis don't care about development. They want power. And it is beginning to choke. I know people who are Igbos who reside abroad. And they are very angry with this country I can assure you. We see things differently as I said before. The future of Africa depends on these two tribes. The Yoruba and Igbo. Because these are the major tribes who have lifted the brand Nigeria above any other. Not taking anything from the other southern tribes but that's the truth. I am sick of always coming online here and all I read is insults and abuses.painting us black like the Igbos are the devil's,I go to face book and the hausas are there doing there own. but Nigeria created what we are seeing today. Igbos abuses too.but the only way is what I stated since all what we do is kill each other and the political elites are becoming richer. Let's split so that we can handle our renegade leaders who don't want to have sense.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
T9ksy:

We would have minded our own internal quagmire if you ibos hadn't decided in your infinite wisdom to turn our ancestral land into a theater of war between you and your former bedmates.
Igbos never had problems with the Yoruba people. History is there for you to see. But we have a problem when we speak against the Northerners and you drag yourself in. You should have just remained neutral in the war. There were killings in Lagos during the war. I doubt if there was any case of Igbos killing yorubas then. Only when political leaders were eliminated. And there was no where Igbo people sent them to assassinate anybody. Moreover these unfortunate killings was atoned for with the lives of innocent Igbos who had no idea what was happening. The Igbos paid the supreme price in Nigeria and all I read are taunts and jokes like you would have tolerated it if it happened to your people.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
T9ksy:

It's either you have reading problem or comprehension deficit 'cause i can't see anywhere in my post above where i claimed

the seat of power was not in lagos. Even a 10 yr old nigerian knows this shocked. My premise is that northerners were running the country, first by the

sardunna who stayed behind as a regional leader (whilst he sent his stooge TB to lagos) until your kinsmen decided to snuff the life outta him.

Nevertheless, his minions continue to strategise how to wrestle power from the ibos, from their northern enclaves.
so sarduna was in charge during the war? The only reason those soldiers led by a Yoruba man went down towards ore was because Gowon was the leader and not ahmadu bello.stop being cheeky.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:

did ojukwu die for them? I have forgotten majority of you, have problem with the logical usage of English. the word die that I used there doesn't practically mean death, awolowo should have led them to warfront and ran like ojukwu since that's what you people called Hero

no one should stress himself in satisfying you people because you never appreciate, left to Otedola and Fashola Igbo won't be allow to be a street landlord chairman in Lagos not to talk of contesting for political post, the same Tinubu that gave you people sense of belonging is the most hated politician in southwest and one person will now be killing themselves for one bunch of mud region people
Tinubu gave us sense of belonging? Please explain to me how he was able to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
I only asked that dude. Did awolowo die for the Igbos and he went all ballistic. I have never for once had issues with any tribe but I won't be quiet when we know Nigeria is going down daily and not say anything. Like I told a friend of mine. Our problems are not just internal they are external. The Fulanis don't care about development. They want power. And it is beginning to choke. I know people who are Igbos who reside abroad. And they are very angry with this country I can assure you. We see things differently as I said before. The future of Africa depends on these two tribes. The Yoruba and Igbo. Because these are the major tribes who have lifted the brand Nigeria above any other. Not taking anything from the other southern tribes but that's the truth. I am sick of always coming online here and all I read is insults and abuses.painting us black like the Igbos are the devil's,I go to face book and the hausas are there doing there own. but Nigeria created what we are seeing today. Igbos abuses too.but the only way is what I stated since all what we do is kill each other and the political elites are becoming richer. Let's split so that we can handle our renegade leaders who don't want to have sense.

You have your point and to be honest, you are making sense. I visited the civil right museum in Atlanta, and I saw firsthand history of what the whites did to African American during the Jim Crow era. It was a crazy sight to behold and you wouldn’t imagine the extent of damage those white guys did to the blacks (1960s period).

When I was going through those videos, artifacts, and the cruelty of man toward his fellow man, I was ashamed of myself coz I’ve always wondered why the blacks sometimes hate the white in USA and to me I thought they should have forgiven the whites.

But going to the museum changed my perspectives on how hard it was to experience first hand hatred in the Jim Crow era by African Americans which is still recent up to the 60s. What I learnt is that most people will not feel the true pain of another if they don’t experience the pain themselves.

I remebered Biafra war and the pictures of the kids online and I was sad coz I’ve always thought the Igbo man was angry for no reason, I’ve always thought they should have forgiven Nigeria, I’ve always thought they should know Nzeogwu was part of the cause and they should forgive and forget.

But I’m wrong, the Igbo man have every justification for how they feel about Nigeria, it’s justifiable coz they witnessed it firsthand and the new generations would have heard emotional stories from their parents/grandparents which is part of why they fee like this towards Nigeria.

But in all, we should all know both parties are wrong, Ojukwu, Gowon, Awolowo etc. all have their strength and weaknesses, those are the past generations, the new generation should wise up and break from the shackles of the past. We can still achieve a lot whether together or in a different country.
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by orisa37: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ayo Opadokun, elder statesman and Secretary-General of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) has described as untrue the claims that the late Obafemi Awolowo betrayed the Eastern Region during the Nigerian civil war which lasted from 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Daily Independent, Opadokum said if there is anybody to whom the Igbos should express gratitude for his role in the civil war, it is Awolowo.

“It is the height of mischief for anyone to claim that Awolowo betrayed the Igbos during the civil war. Many of them have been indoctrinated to so think and behave over the years. If there is anybody the Igbos should appreciate, it is Awolowo”.

” How could he have betrayed them? Are they claiming he betrayed them by not following them when they were seceding?”; Opadokun queried.
https://www.independent.ng/igbos-should-be-grateful-to-awolowo-for-his-role-during-civil-war-opadokun/

Good Memories.
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by meccuno: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
LegendHero:

You have your point and to be honest, you are making sense. I visited the civil right museum in Atlanta, and I saw firsthand history of what the whites did to African American during the Jim Crow era. It was a crazy sight to behold and you wouldn’t imagine the extent of damage those white guys did to the blacks (1960s period).

When I was going through those videos, artefacts, and the cruelty of man toward his fellow man, I was ashamed of myself coz I’ve always wondered why the blacks sometimes hate the white in USA and to me I thought they should have forgiven the whites.

But going to the museum changed my perspectives on how hard it was to experience first hand hatred in the Jim Crow era by African Americans which is still recent up to the 60s. What I learnt is that most people will not feel the true pain of another if they don’t experience the pain themselves.

I remebered Biafra war and the pictures of the kids online and I was sad coz I’ve always thought the Igbo man was angry for no reason, I’ve always thought they should have forgiven Nigeria, I’ve always thought they should know Nzeogwu was part of the cause and they should forgive and forget.

But I’m wrong, the Igbo man have every justification for how they feel about Nigeria, it’s justifiable coz they witnessed it firsthand and the new generations would have heard emotional stories from their parents/grandparents which is part of why they fee like this towards Nigeria.

Now this is my stance. i want better Africa but it can never be great if there are no examples of a group of black people to lead the way. Quote me any where. The Yoruba's and the Igbos are the Key to the development of AFRICA. The white man knows this so he made the Hausa Fulanis the custodians so that these tribes and the South as a whole wont move more than their shadow. please name any African group that has more Intellectuals that those from Nigeria? The only sector of our economy which they have not destroyed is the MUSIC INDUSTRY. see how far we have gone? wiz kid,davido,p square,yemi alade,don jazzy,d bnj,teckno have all collaborated with intentional acts
what does that tell you? MOVIE INDUSTRY check most Nigerian act who were born there. notice that those who exhibit exceptional traits academically in the US are usually from the south. what does that tell you? we are being caged. our talents stiffed so that we still remain slaves to the west. does it not bother you that from during the time of shagari, that the VPs have always been more intellectually sound than their heads when a Northerner is ruling? shagari/ekueme buhari/osibanjo yaradua/jonathan.........i dont hate yorubas. but we are NATIONS caged in a prison without the will to show our God given gifts. as seun kuti said it, NIGERIA IS AN OPEN AIR CONCENTRATION CAMP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Conner44: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
Arda1000:
Ethnic groups not tribes.

Bro the fact is that even after creating an anomaly called the ‘south-south’ and the likes of the ikwerre and agbor are no longer a part of the Igbo then we no longer have ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
legitnow:
Awolowo is a disgrace to Yoruba nation.

Omo aale spotted

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Arda1000(m): 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
Conner44:

Bro the fact is that even after creating an anomaly called the ‘south-south’ and the likes of the ikwerre and agbor are no longer a part of the Igbo then we no longer have ethnic groups in Nigeria.
that iz talk,south south only exist in Nigeria ()geo political nonsense),about Agbor and Ikwere,they are tribes because they are from the igbo ethinic group,anybody argueing that is just shying from the truth.so we do have tribes beacus they are still ethinic groups.unless the word tribe has other meanings.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Conner44: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
Arda1000:
that iz talk,south south only exist in Nigeria ()geo political nonsense),about Agbor and Ikwere,they are tribes because they are from the igbo ethinic group,anybody argueing that is just shying from the truth.so we do have tribes beacus they are still ethinic groups.unless the word tribe has other meanings.

Yes you are right. Don’t mind me I got it mixed up kiss
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by LegendHero(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
Now this is my stance. i want better Africa but it can never be great if there are no examples of a group of black people to lead the way. Quote me any where. The Yoruba's and the Igbos are the Key to the development of AFRICA. The white man knows this so he made the Hausa Fulanis the custodians so that these tribes and the South as a whole wont move more than their shadow. please name any African group that has more Intellectuals that those from Nigeria? The only sector of our economy which they have not destroyed is the MUSIC INDUSTRY. see how far we have gone? wiz kid,davido,p square,yemi alade,don jazzy,d bnj,teckno have all collaborated with intentional acts
what does that tell you? MOVIE INDUSTRY check most Nigerian act who were born there. notice that those who exhibit exceptional traits academically in the US are usually from the south. what does that tell you? we are being caged. our talents stiffed so that we still remain slaves to the west. does it not bother you that from during the time of shagari, that the VPs have always been more intellectually sound than their heads when a Northerner is ruling? shagari/ekueme buhari/osibanjo yaradua/jonathan.........i dont hate yorubas. but we are NATIONS caged in a prison without the will to show our God given gifts. as seun kuti said it, NIGERIA IS AN OPEN AIR CONCENTRATION CAMP.

I’ve always wondered also why 95% of Nigerians making wave in diaspora are either Yorubas or Igbos. We are both intelligent tribes with thirst for success and with some sort of intellectual abilities embedded in our DNA.

The game the North is playing is the actual game Britain played against Africa. Mix the intellectuals and the less-educated together and give the latter the political power through democracy. Since it’s a game of numbers, the norther will continue to have a say in any political establishment in this democracy.

Look at the votes from Kaduna, Kano, and Katsina for example, can you see that the south is at the mercy of the North? Meaning the fulanis will continue to select people for presidency in as much as this nation stands.

I’m trying to give a realist solution to all this menace. To pull out of the country, the Igbos can’t do it alone, even if they must you must learn to bring the Yorubas in your fold.

You should understand we Yorubas, we’ve not gone through what the average Igbo went through in the war during the 60s, so it’s very hard to rally people around for a common cause. The best tool to gather people is to give them something to fight for, people only react when you can appeal to their emotions.

Nigeria will eventually break, maybe in our generation maybe not, but I’m 100% sure that Nigeria will eventually break one day. But I’m still trying to figure out how that can be achievable optimally.

Nigeria situation now is a war between the rich and the poor, coz there is a conspiracy among the leaders both Yoruba and Igbos to keep their subject in this union.

The animosity between the Igbos and Yorubas is borne out of the fact that the Yorubas thought if they don’t align with the north the Igbo will. Same thing the Igbo thought if they don’t align will the north, the Yorubas will. It’s just a political game by the leaders and we are just pawn in the game.

It’s evident in the political game of Nigeria right from time which saw the brainy vice playing second fiddle to not too literate president or aspirants from the north.
Azikwe/Balewa, Shagari/Ekwueme, Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh
Buhari/Osinbajo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

250k Flight Ticket, Igbos Are Not Doing Better Than Others / Rivers Commissioner For Power Kidnapped With Three College Officials / It's Hard To Get The Right Persons Because Of The Level Of Corruption - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.