Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,937 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun (4640 Views)

Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS / Ayo Opadokun: IPOB Members Fighting For Their Rights, They Are Not Rebels / Opadokun: Asking Buhari To Change Service Chiefs Is Asking Him To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Uchek(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2019
If you deny again the next thing will be the actual gazette and video proof so that you will know all you’ve known since you are young is all a lie

Why don't release the actual gazette and video proof to nail your argument? Must you wait till he denies it.

LegendHero:

Yes send his pics with Awolowo in that attire to me. I will also upload the link to the gazette of the New York Times of the speech Gowon gave on that day.

Seems the spirit of lying is still evident in some of you, now please deny the gazette. If you deny again the next thing will be the actual gazette and video proof so that you will know all you’ve known since you are young is all a lie. Ojukwu masterminded the lies and made sure it is embedded in all average Igbo men to propagate.

I will lecture you today.
New York Times Published August 1966
Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Uchek(m): 8:41am On Sep 19, 2019
Your comment is a figment of your imagination and the reason is because you make so many assumption. When you make so much assumptions, you end up with so much fictional assertions

Why would Zik's ugly experience with Awolowo in the 1951 regional election be the source of the grouse?

How many Igbos were massacred by Yorubas in that election compared to the numbers massacred in the pre-Biafra pogrom in the north which was the major remote cause of the birth of Biafra?

There is no basis of comparison between the 1951 carpet crossing and the 1966 pogroms in the north.No sensible Igbo man even thinks of it in the light you portrayed it. In fact, the regret of an average Igboman is the carpet crossing experience failed to become a teachable lesson for Zik to open his blind eyes that his "One Nigeria and Nigerian Unity"project is a mirage and doomed affair with catastrophic consequence. If he had imbibed that lesson, he would have fought for separate independence for the 3 regions or if he life depended on one Nigeria, he would have accepted Awo's offer of alliance to become the Prime Minister in the post-independent civilian government

So how did you arrive at your conclusion that "the source of your grouse with the Yorubas was 'cause the Yorubas wouldn't let you manage their affairs in the 1951 regional election due to carpet-crossing

Can you show me empirical evidence where a succession of Igbos made this claim?

Or better still, let you and l conduct an online survey where we'll pose this question to generality of Igbos to prove or invalidate your thesis. I will pay for the online survey. I will give you some inputs but will allow you to word the question the way you deem fit.

Do we have a deal?
T9ksy:

I thought you guys claim the source of your grouse with the yorubas was 'cause the yorubas wouldn't let you manage their affairs in the 1951 regional election due to carpet-crossing? For that reason, ibos labels yorubas, tribalist.

You guys keep rewriting the narratives as you deem fit.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Be Grateful To Awolowo For His Role During Civil War – Opadokun by Uchek(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2019
"The Yoruba did remain neutral until the Biafra Army invaded Yorubaland. Why do you keep glossing over this fact"

I weep at your logic of reasoning.
What date did Biafra invade Yorubaland invaded by Biafra?
And what date did Nigeria-Biafra War start?
Who fired the first shot and where?
Was Yorubaland a part of Nigeria or an independent country?
Was Awolowo already a part of the northern-led government or was he an ordinary civilian and leader of Yoruba?

The answers are simple and straightforward. Do not start an epistle!

SamNaijaboy:
The Yoruba did remain neutral until the Biafra Army invaded Yorubaland.
Why do you keep glossing over this fact.
Or they should have allowed Ojukwu massacre and rape Yorubaland like he did to the mid-West?
That’s where there is a deep flaw with most Igbo. They
will be quarreling with you if you don’t allow them have their way with you, offering you terms they could never accept. And once you reject it, you become their enemy. Never seen anything like it before embarassed
You always assume you are smarter than someone else. As long as the person is of a different tribe. That’s the definition of tribalism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SEE WHERE NNAMDI KANU IS PRESENTLY / Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / Athlete Boos Nigeria To Represent Biafra At Stockholms Marathon In Sweden PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.