Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? (917 Views)

Fmr Vice President Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today / Where Is Nnmadi Sambo, The Invisible Out Going Vice-president / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by abiodunade(m): 9:02pm On May 17, 2007
What is happening to out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar and wen is he coming back to nigeria to hand over to goodluck?
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by olutomiwa(m): 9:20pm On May 17, 2007
the man don take style run as immunity wan finish.
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by Mamajama(m): 9:24pm On May 17, 2007
if na you you no go run, who want eat cold GARI AND KULI KULI?

I told you guys he will VAMOOSE grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by mazaje(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2007
The man don cut out grin
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by Mamajama(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2007
we all know it does not take 3 weeks for a follow up surgery, why is the press not talking about this?
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by doncartel: 10:58pm On May 17, 2007
Atiku is a sharp man.imagine fighting an african president from within his government,thats certainly not easy.even in south africa,the vice president jacob zuma was almost locked up and frustrated out of the ongoing presidential race with rape cases,financial scandals and other means all because president mbeki doesnt like him.so atiku has really tried here in darkest africa.as a guyman he should know when to come back
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by IykeD1(m): 11:18pm On May 17, 2007
I read a statement from his media person a day or so ago where he said he still plans to rule Nigeria as
he is certain that the tribunal will void Yar Adua's victory. I suppose he will be governing from Maryland
and the UK, he his inventing a new brand of democracy - Virtual Democracy Version 1.0.

What a douche bag of a man that some people here were almost willing to give their lives for. Atiku is
nothing but a self-serving troublemaker!
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by angel101(f): 9:01am On May 18, 2007
Iyke-D:

I read a statement from his media person a day or so ago where he said he still plans to rule Nigeria as
he is certain that the tribunal will void Yar Adua's victory. I suppose he will be governing from Maryland
and the UK, he his inventing a new brand of democracy - Virtual Democracy Version 1.0.

What a douche bag of a man that some people here were almost willing to give their lives for. Atiku is
nothing but a self-serving troublemaker!

i totally agree. for christs sake the morron should accept defeat!
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by Afam(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2007
Iyke-D:

And if Yar'adua's victory is annuled then he will kidnap Buhari that came second or he would also void Buhari's 2nd position.

Honestly, those who support this man are as guilty and as clueless as the man himself.
Re: What Is Happening To Out-going Vice President, Atiku Abubakar? by IykeD1(m): 1:09am On May 19, 2007
Here is another update from The Independent Newspaper, apparently "his leg" is keeping him from coming back to
fight for democracy. What a bunch of jokers?

Atiku May Not Return Before May 29

By Funke Egbemode, Deputy Managing Editor
19th May

With the rumour mill working round the clock on the likelihood of Vice President Atiku Abubakar returning to the country before May 29, Saturday Independent can reveal that only the VP’s Doctors have the final say in the matter. Except they give him a clean bill of health , Vice President Atiku Abubakar, may not return to the country until after the May 29 handing-over ceremonies to newly elected Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua when his tenure in office would have come to an end.

Sources close to the ailing Vice President revealed to Saturday Independent that for now, the detailed medical treatment being given him may extend beyond the May 29 handing-over date and as such except the doctors have a change of mind and decide to discharge him, he may be effectively kept away from the handing-over ceremonies.

On that day ,Atiku and his boss of eight years President Olusegun Obasanjo with whom he had been enstranged in the past four years are expected to leave the centre stage of the nation’s politics, at least for the next our years.

The source disclosed that before leaving the country for the second round of treatment a few weeks ago, the Vice President did not envisage that it may take long but upon observation was advised by the team of doctors to allow the wound to heal properly and give room for closer observations before he could be discharged from the hospital. But while the treatment is going on, the Vice President had already hired 11 Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) to pursue his election petition at the tribunal.

According to Mallam Garba Shehu, Abubakar’s spokesperson, "though the Vice President is abroad, he is not idle. He is working there. The rest of the world is as worried about recent happenings in Nigeria. The country does not belong to Nigerians alone. It is part of the global village.’

"We are in touch with him and in control of the situation. We are not sparing anything to ensure that justice is not only done but seen to have been done in this matter . The absence of the VP will not in any way affect the decision to pursue the case in the court of law ’, declares Garba Shehu, the media adviser to the Vice president.

He said that the 11 lawyers hired by the Vice President were already meeting and tidying up their presentation before the election petition tribunal. "We want to assure the nation that the petition being forwarded by the legal team is by far the most brilliant petition Nigeria has ever seen in its legal history.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Nuclear Powered by 2017 / Ehindero Again / Phd Holder Languished In Nigerian Jail For 8 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.