Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (51345 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team / Pius Odubu Emerges As NDDC Chairman, As Buhari Constitutes NDDC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Amumaigwe: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Afamed:

And Prof Doyin Salami is not qualified?

What remarkable thing has the quota professor done before?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by symbianDON(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Afamed:

Is the position for tribal superiority? Is the occupant not qualified to hold the position? Most of you don't deserve attention.You should be by now afraid of your existence when what only concerns your choice is tribal affiliation
chaaaiiiiii!!! see finishing

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Dim08: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
zeromeridian:
Chairman of that board should have gone to the right person, Soludo
He is the most qualified in that team.

mediocrity will kill Nigeria
Have you done background check on the person chosen as chairman or is it because Soludo is popular because he has held the position of the Governor of central bank?

There are some people who are relatively unknown yet are very exoerienced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by tete7000(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
They disbanded economic team headed by a lawyer finally. Awon ode alaimokan...
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Kay25(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
kuku drop Osinbajo as your vp and bring hellrufai na
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by maestroferddi: 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
Misterdhee1:

Is Trump the most brilliant man in America? Presidency is for politicians. And politicians appoint technocrats everywhere in the world.
Silly analogy....

Trump is a dollar billionaire who has made a name in international business before winning the American presidency.

He is superintending over one of the healthiest economies ever.

Can we know/see your oga's scorecard?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by bluke(m): 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
Dino is missing, whhhhyyyyy
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Awoleesu(m): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Afamed:

Illiterate illiteracy is a disease. A group of 8 that consists of 8 man men , [;] 5 Southerners and 3 Northerners. Typical lazy youth

Sorry, I mean no disrespect.
Just trying to help my own understanding of the text... And probably, that of others!
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by bluke(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
FarahAideed:
So Buhari has swallowed his pride and resorted to seeking help from members of the PDP economic team there by admitting Osinbanjo is an economic failure

Harvesting PDP strong men.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by frowland(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
carzola:
Soludo should be the chairman of such committee
cause of his experience.

well...
Nigeria is a sitting duck..
we are a thicking time bomb
i hope the next elections comes faster.

I suppose you don't know who Prof. Doyin Salami is?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Bamz(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
kokoA:
Rewane Bismarck don finally get appointment after much much.

I thought his analysis about PMB's 100 day in office on Channels TV some few days ago was quite insightful

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Misterdhee1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
maestroferddi:
Silly analogy....

Trump is a dollar billionaire who has made a name in international business before winning the American presidency.

He is superintending over one of the healthiest economies ever.

Can we know/see your oga's scorecard?
Oh really? So wealthiness is a criteria for intelligence? I see. There's no point arguing with someone like you. You already pointed to your dumbness. Keep at it.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by kokoA(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Bamz:

I thought his analysis about PMB's 100 day in office on Channels TV some few days ago was quite insightful
He has channels TV to thank for this recognition. They always bring him on air, and we all know the President loves watching channels TV.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by sogoajayeoba: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
This is a welcome development. A very commendable one that will definitely put the economic situation of the country in shape.
GboltNG:
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, in Abuja, approved the constitution of an Economic Advisory Council (EAC), Igbere TV reports.

A statement obtained by Igbere TV issued by Buhari’s Spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the President.

Igbere TV recalls that the now disbanded EMT had Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as chairman, who presides over the weekly meetings and receive reports from it directly. With the latest development, Osinbajo will no longer be in charge but Buhari.

“The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.

“The EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President. The Chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises”, the statement issued by Adesina added.

The statement listed the following names as members of the newly constituted Council:

1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman

2. Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman

3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member

4. Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member

5. Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member

6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member

7. Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member

8. Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)

http://igberetvnews.com/997217/soludo-others-get-new-appointment-buhari-constitutes-economic-team/

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by kkezie: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
zeromeridian:

My Brother how much do you know the Chairman?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by grandstar(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Charles Soludo is probably the best economist the country has.

Unfortunately, I doubt he can achieve much with as his pro market policies are in conflict with Buharist anti market policies.

Even with far more economic progressive Obj, his hands were at times tied how much under a Statist like Bubari?

I however must express my disappointment with Soludo in one or two areas. Why didn't he cut company tax rates to 15% or less for instance. I'm sure he could have pushed for that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by ashantitope: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
carzola:
Soludo should be the chairman of such committee
cause of his experience.

well...
Nigeria is a sitting duck..
we are a thicking time bomb
i hope the next elections comes faster.

Have you check the chairman and other people profile
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Obason22(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
It could have been more better if (SOLUDO) was made chairman.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
StarBoy Osibanjo , relegated to the corner grin

Star Boy indeed
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by maestroferddi: 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Misterdhee1:

Oh really? So wealthiness is a criteria for intelligence? I see. There's no point arguing with someone like you. You already pointed to your dumbness. Keep at it.
You are too slow and I can't stand you...

Pick up books written by Trump and stop embarrassing yourself...

Ever heard of The Apprentice?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by bigpicture001: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
Dim08:

Have you done background check on the person chosen as chairman or is it because Soludo is popular because he has held the position of the Governor of central bank?

There are some people who are relatively unknown yet are very exoerienced

He can neverb more qualified than soludo..read his background nd remove the position..ex CBN governor..nd you still wnt blieve what you would see....
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Onlyonebuhari: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nigeria economy was so bad under Osibanjo as Chairman ECA yet Nigerians were shouting Buhari up and down.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Izuelevated(m): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
Prof. Charles soludo ought to be the chairman of this committee. He's more qualified than the chairman.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by quickberry2(m): 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
zeromeridian:

Adedoyin, who is also a Senior Fellow/Associate Professor and full-time member of the faculty at the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University,[3] began his career with Adetutu & Co. Ltd., before joining the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria, as a Lecturer in the Department of Economics. Adedoyin's term as member of the CBN's policy committee ended in November 2017.

A 1989 doctorate degree graduate in Economics of Queen Mary College, University of London, Adedoyin Salami's research interests include issues in corporate long-term financial management; macroeconomic policy; corporate competitiveness and risk management; and characteristics of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

From lecturing at the a University of Lagos, Adedoyin has built a career in consulting, establishing the research firm Edward Kingston Associates in 1997, which he merged with Softskills in 2014 to form Kainos Edge.[4] His other consulting activities include assignments for the Coca-Cola Nigeria and Equatorial Africa (CCNEAL), Department for International Development (DFID), World Bank, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and serving as Peer Reviewer for the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) review of its Nigeria strategy.

A member of the Federal Government of Nigeria's Economic Management Team during the tenure of late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, Adedoyin also served as Vice-Chair (under the leadership of Alhaji Ahmed Joda) of the Transition Committee for President Muhammadu Buhari. A member of the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) Advisory Group for Sub-Saharan Africa (AGSA), he is also a member of the Board of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) and had the privilege of being Co-Chair of the Central Organising Committee for the Nigerian Economic Summit in 2009.

Adedoyin has written extensively on the Nigerian economy. And he currently sits on the boards of the African Business Research Ltd., First World Communities, and Diamond Pension Fund Custodian.[5]

Are you saying he is not experienced enough with this ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by bigpicture001: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
grandstar:
Charles Soludo is probably the best economist the country has.

Unfortunately, I doubt he can achieve much with as his pro market policies are in conflict with Buharist anti market policies.

Even with far more economic progressive Obj, his hands were at times tied how much under a Statist like Bubari?

I however must express my disappointment with Soludo in one or two areas. Why didn't he cut company tax rates to 15% or less for instance. I'm sure he could have pushed for that.

If u must know the eco nomy is managed by two teams; the monetary team usually heded by th CBN gvernor and the fiscal team headed by the finance minister

Among the exclusive duties of a finance minister is tax policies....so soludo does not have jurisdiction in that area...

Know your economics
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by obailala(m): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
ziegurf:
......we're watching,
Yoruba: chairman
Hausa: vc
If I were Soludo I will reject this "just " membership offer...... anyway it's just you guys turn be doing anyhow in this country for now, why not Soludo: chairman or vc, what could he not have handled as chairman in that organization? Let's continue watching till 2031 presidential..... still IGBO AMAKA tukwa....!

But seriously, how do people even manage to exist with this sort of toxic mentality/ideology?... The very thing Nigerians accuse Buhari of (i.e. tribal bigotry), how exactly is that any different from this mentality you just highlighted above?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MrFly(m): 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
tribalism is the bane of Nigeria.. Welldone my President
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Afamed: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Amumaigwe:

What remarkable thing has the quota professor done before?
Since he's not an Igbo man, his contribution will not matter to you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Afamed: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Awoleesu:

Sorry, I mean no disrespect.
Just trying to help my own understanding of the text... And probably, that of others!
Ask your English teacher for a refund of your school fees. A group is the subject. A group of 5 man panel.

Cc : Awoleesu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by profmnuhu(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
If there are 100 Economic teams, it will remain the constitutional responsibility of the Vice President to manage and steer the economy
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by profmnuhu(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
tete7000:
They disbanded economic team headed by a lawyer finally. Awon ode alaimokan...

If there are 100 Economic teams, it will remain the constitutional responsibility of the Vice President to manage and steer the economy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by UltimatedeBest(m): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:
Everything about this man is North. He no dey tire with this kind biased attitudes?

Wetin North knows about Economy building?

Wetin stops him from making Charles Soludo the chairman, and all the Hausa's as members?

Soludo should man enough and d appointment as a member. Ibo man Sha... anything is welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President / Saraki And Lovely Wife Toyin In Cheerful Mood (photos) / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.