Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (51349 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team / Pius Odubu Emerges As NDDC Chairman, As Buhari Constitutes NDDC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by slivertongue: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
BMO will soon call for droping of apga &pdp apogolists. BMO sees politics in everything, they think com &wok is com chop
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Afamed: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
vertueptime:

Na wah for you, who mentioned tribe or competition, totally OUT of point. Thats how you fail exams
Your choice of Soludo is 100% of your tribal loyalty. Tell me if the person appointed is not as qualified as Soludo. Don't be clever by half
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by lottomkyes200: 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Soludo don't join this people oooo they will just spoil your reputation ooooo
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by chuddyot(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Earlier today, Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN presiding over the Economic Management Team meeting at the State House, Presidential Villa. 16 September, 2019
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by mercyvivv(f): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Good one. We need a robust economic policy. Please get it done no excuses . Make Nigeria great again

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Adesuwatina: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
Today Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo presided over the Economic Management Team meeting at the State House, Presidential Villa. 16 September, 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by ScotMisile: 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
With Bismark and Soludo in that team, Nigeria can go to bed.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Nature8(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaBlogger:

It's a pity. They've reduced our 'Star Boy' to Condolence visitor, TraderMoni Ambassador.

grin
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by SirBunky85(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
FarahAideed:
So Buhari has swallowed his pride and resorted to seeking help from members of the PDP economic team there by admitting Osinbanjo is an economic failure
senseless

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by bluecircle470: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
carzola:
Soludo should be the chairman of such committee
cause of his experience.

well...
Nigeria is a sitting duck..
we are a thicking time bomb
i hope the next elections comes faster.

So that una fit explode for east abi.... people with no good intentions
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by FarahAideed: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
SirBunky85:
senseless

Why do you say Buhari is senseless ? Please be don't insult my presido
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by charlycharles(m): 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
youngsahito:
Buhari will never listen to their advice.
Ear dey pain am before na...
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Chukazu: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
If SOLUDO is not in charge as Chairman... forget it , it's Jamboree
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by verifiablefacts: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Afamed:

Illiterate is a disease. A group of 8 that consists of 8 man , 5 Southerners and 3 Northerners. Typical lazy youth
so you mean say the lazy yoot no sabi count too?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Dorothy20: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
People need to understand that the Economic Advisory council is different from the Economic Management Team.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Dorothy20: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nature8:

grin
How do you feel comfortable making such derogatory comment about the Vice President
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by CoolAmbience(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
carzola:
cause of his experience.

well...

Mtchewww.

Soludo should have been....bla bla....

You think Soludo is the only one with experience in economic policies, analysis and strategy?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by TruthProphet: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
carzola:
cause of his experience.

well...

If you are hoping Nigerians would have had sense by that time to do the right thing...you would be disappointed my brother.

Nigerians have not suffered enough to begin knowing their left from right.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by CoolAmbience(m): 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
zeromeridian:
Chairman of that board should have gone to the right person, Soludo
He is the most qualified in that team.

mediocrity will kill Nigeria

You are such a mediocre to say that.

You think it is a popularity contest?

Thank goodness that the man that was made chairman isn't Hausa/fulani, una for don bring una petty tribal card out...

You think it is by being former governor of CBN?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by CoolAmbience(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:
Everything about this man is North. He no dey tire with this kind biased attitudes?

Wetin North knows about Economy building?

Wetin stops him from making Charles Soludo the chairman, and all the Hausa's as members?

You nor go face your ladies doctor work abi?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by snowball11(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaBlogger:
Okay na. The EMT is currently led and presided over by VP Osinbajo. So no more role for the 'Star Boy'? grin

There's nothing 'star' about that man rather than him sharing money everywhere in the name of tradermoni!

For once, i have to give it to Buhari on this one! I think he's resolute on rewriting the wrongs of his first term by doing the right thing. cool
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
How can Nigeria move forward when our retardêd political leaders keep recycling the same old incompetent, fraudulent & tired hands?

This same Soludo almost sent Nigeria to the great beyond via his shoddy handling of the 2008 economic meltdown. The guy is a security risk!
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MikeOfLagos(m): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
But the Economic Advisory council is different from the Economic Management Team. Abi I can't read very well again ni? Or English is some people's problem here?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Sugarito001: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
We should not forget to tell the naysayers that the Economic Advisory Council and Economic Management Team are poles apart, both obviously have different functions.

The EAC is formed to perform in the capacity of a 'Think-Tank' to the President on Economic matters. It does not in anyway disturb, diminish or interfere with the laid down work and duties of the EMT, the economy will still be coordinated by the EMT.
To clear the seeming confusion and misconstrue that the composition of the Council had triggered, the President will in no long time address the issue.

I honestly see no reason why it should cause this magnitude of confusion and hulla balloo, it is nothing to worry about, it is crystal clear like the biblical 'Teke Teke Mena yofasi' that the VP is diligently discharging his duties within the ambits and confines of constitutional jurisdiction. The whole nation is aware of how proficient, tactical and competent the VP is, his humility and sincerity to the CHANGE and NEXT LEVEL COURSE has earned him a special Castle in the heart of the President. The relationship that existed between the two has gone beyond political entanglement. Who knows if the decision was at his humble behest to engender rapid National Economic growth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by tete7000(m): 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
profmnuhu:

If there are 100 Economic teams, it will remain the constitutional responsibility of the Vice President to manage and steer the economy

I don hear. Thank you sir...
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Anijay1212(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
TRIGITIS:
Lol, he finally showed up. grin grin. Go sit down jare.
So that one time devil is stalking you too.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Charlesog81(m): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
GboltNG:
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, in Abuja, approved the constitution of an Economic Advisory Council (EAC), Igbere TV reports.

A statement obtained by Igbere TV issued by Buhari’s Spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the President.

Igbere TV recalls that the now disbanded EMT had Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as chairman, who presides over the weekly meetings and receive reports from it directly. With the latest development, Osinbajo will no longer be in charge but Buhari. Applauds mr president ✌️

“The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.

“The EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President. The Chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises”, the statement issued by Adesina added.

The statement listed the following names as members of the newly constituted Council:

1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman

2. Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman

3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member

4. Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member

5. Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member

6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member

7. Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member

8. Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)

http://igberetvnews.com/997217/soludo-others-get-new-appointment-buhari-constitutes-economic-team/

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by TRIGITIS: 11:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Anijay1212:

So that one time devil is stalking you too.
You dey mind the clown ni? For his mind, striking comments up and down na trolling be dat. If I get him time, I swear he go dey hide for nairaland. I fit track all the moniker he dey use. But I'm very busy for now.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Anijay1212(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
TRIGITIS:

You dey mind the clown ni? For his mind, striking comments up and down na trolling be dat. If I get him time, I swear he go dey hide for nairaland. I fit track all the moniker he dey use. But I'm very busy for now.
That lazy youth matter just tire me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Sugarito001: 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
If the President had had ulterior motive as the detractors wants to make us believe, there won't be any reason for Osinbajo's meeting with the members of the EMT today.

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo presided over the Economic Management Team meeting at the State House, Presidential Villa.
16 September, 2019.

Next one please!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MikeOfLagos(m): 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MikeOfLagos(m): 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
The EAC is more of a thinking tank. The work of EMT still continues, and the economy will be coordinated by them.

Y'all bashng VP can rest now ehn.... E kpele ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Won't Escape Probe After COVID-19 Pandemic - PDP / 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President / Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.