Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team (37421 Views)

Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) / Meet Bichi Yusuf Magaji: Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by bigpicture001: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
LegendHero:

Can you please tell me how soludo is better than him? Could it be because he was former CBN governor or what?

Have you gone through the profile of the Prof? Or you just want to wail for no reason?

Read soludo's profile..then u would b convinced
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by bornolowu(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
Neoteny:

Such big brains are required by presidents to be the policymakers.

Trump isn't particularly smart, so he relies on the smart ones to plan what to do, he just provides the authority
Will you keep quiet. Trump isn't smart indeed. illiterate .
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by bigpicture001: 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
I can bet my left balls that soludo will politely reject the offer...its an insult to his personality....
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by mechanics(m): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Congrats to him on his new job.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by LegendHero(m): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
bigpicture001:

I’ve read his profile and I also read this Prof’s profile.

What I’m asking is that why is the prof not qualified or how is Soludo better than him?

Is it because of his past appointment as CBN Governor or what? I don’t even get what the guy meant by the statement that a professor of economics with history of past achievement is not qualified or less qualified.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by bigpicture001: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
LegendHero:

What I’m asking is that why is the prof not qualified or how is Soludo better than him?

Is it because of his past appointment as CBN Governor or what? I don’t even get what the guy meant by the statement that a professor of economics with history of past achievement is not qualified or less qualified.

Experience and international connections

Mrs iweala pulled all her personal strings as well as used her office to get naija debt relief
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by 9jaRealist: 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
HarunaWest:
very impressive C.V. I just pray PMB listens to their advice.

Therein lies the real rob...

Salami, Soludo and Rewane are all excellent economists...
But they are essentially dealing with an economic illiterate.
>
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by CoolAmbience(m): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
efighter:

I also think so. Soludo is Nigeria's best brain in Economics followed by Bismark.

I can't believe that someone can so confidently demonstrate shallowness of the mind.

Oga, this isn't a popularity contest o.

I am very certain that you know next to nothing about Prof. Salami before now; perhaps you never even heard of him.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by CoolAmbience(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
mamotalk:
You have ministry of finance, budget, trade and industry plus CBN and with the national economic council with dangote and co; you are now constituting econmic team. I wonder which kind game that is on in this country.

Oga, this replaces something similar that currently exists. It is nothing entirely new, even though the new arrangement comes with more depth, especially in terms of expertise.

Try to dey read first before you comment....
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by seunprodigy13: 11:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
emmasege:
The government of Muslims, by Muslims and for Muslims.

He stylishly put Soludo in the team as a member, so that our Igbo brothers will keep calm.
foooool ...who told u salami is muslim
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Neoteny(m): 12:55am On Sep 17, 2019
bornolowu:
Will you keep quiet. Trump isn't smart indeed. illiterate .

Piece of shiit scumbag
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Toroso: 5:34am On Sep 17, 2019
Only igbos do that n you guys should always be bold enough to tell it to their faces. I have no idea why you chose to lace the truth with deceit. Let this people know their existence is predicated on pure n chronic bigotry but no una go de comment like say dem wan beat una.

TeamSimple:

I have said it before that this is how most people reason topics here especially political ones . They first look at the zone , if they can’t complain then they move to the religious aspect. They have nothing upstairs except bigotry
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by mu2sa2: 5:37am On Sep 17, 2019
growtogeda:

how do you know? are they your neighbor?
That's why i said if you know, you know.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Toroso: 5:40am On Sep 17, 2019
And your father with PHD sat at home without making himself available to be voted or you mean your father does not have the capability to convince uneducated Nigerians to vote for him with all his doctorate n professorial degrees ?! Either way you n your father deserve to shut up since you can not do any intelligent thing to stop the dullard Buhari from emerging the president of Nigeria.
Lexusgs430:

Are we really sure......

The irony of our situation..... Someone without a waec result, holds the highest job in the land, appoints Dr's and Professors on a panel + has a professor as his VP.....

It has finished...........
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Lexusgs430: 6:18am On Sep 17, 2019
Toroso:
And your father with PHD sat at home without making himself available to be voted or you mean your father does not have the capability to convince uneducated Nigerians to vote for him with all his doctorate n professorial degrees ?! Either way you n your father deserve to shut up since you can not do any intelligent to stop the dullard Buhari from emerging the president of Nigeria.

I don't blame you..... It's your father's fault, for refusing to teach you manners. What can a block head, teach another block head?
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by ogundeleai(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2019
Enuoyan:
Good CV, but I think Soludo or Bismarck should have chaired the committee for better results.
.... Just.because soludo and rewane regularly appear on TV? We still have many Nigerians yet to be discovered and they are even better... It's like comparing femi falana with olanipekun... The latter hardly appears on TV but falana himself aware that he's no match
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Toroso: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2019
Oh ! So you can defined your father but insult those older than your father in every ramifications in life n even in the afterlife ?!
Lexusgs430:

I don't blame you..... It's your father's fault, for refusing to teach you manners. What can a block head, teach another block head?
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by mamotalk: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Oga, this replaces something similar that currently exists. It is nothing entirely new, even though the new arrangement comes with more depth, especially in terms of expertise.

Try to dey read first before you comment....

Expertise?

I laugh
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by sataru001(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2019
Get a Customize Application software

Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by DaddyBen009: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2019
Niorte:
I feel that the write up above was copied from the thread I created at
https://www.nairaland.com/5420749/meet-prof-doyin-salami-new
Yet both Wikipedia and LBS were not reference. Igberetv is a copy and paste shumtin.

Anyway, let the world know our new EAC's chairman.

If you are looking for a side business that won't take your time yet add some regular amount to your bank account then WhatsApp me. 090 seventy-four 1111 seventy-eight

God bless our hardwork

I didn’t get ur num.
Myn is 08062714868
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by DeRay98(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2019
amaniro:
Why can't such big brains be our president?

Youths go say such men have no political clout..
They don't have money to bribe and pay touts to rig elections.
N/L youths won't even vote for them...
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by mapet: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2019
bigpicture001:

LegendHero: :

Experience and international connections

Mrs iweala pulled all her personal strings as well as used her office to get naija debt relief

What connections? Can you spare some time to read this?

You alluded to debt relief in your response and tried to take credit. Well, your CV is honest enough to admit that your two achievements in office as Finance minister under Obasanjo were that “you led the Nigerian team that struck a deal with the Paris Club” and that you “introduced the practice of publishing each state’s monthly financial allocation in the newspapers”. You are right about the two achievements. Let me put on record that Nigeria would have secured debt relief under anyone as Minister of Finance. President Obasanjo secured debt relief for Nigeria. Much of his first term was used to get Nigeria back into the international community and to campaign for debt relief. Before you were sworn in as Minister of Finance, President Bush visited Nigeria and both of us accompanied President Obasanjo during the meeting. There, Mr. Bush promised to support Nigeria with debt relief and asked our president to ensure that he met the conditions of the Paris Club. Obasanjo mobilized the global political support and coordinated all of us to ensure that the government met the check-list of ‘conditionalities’ as required. I spent five weeks in the hotel with my team (as coordinator/chairman for drafting the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, NEEDS).

Some of the reform targets in NEEDS became the ‘conditionalities’ Nigeria was required to fulfil to merit debt relief. You and I signed the various MoU with the IMF on behalf of Nigeria (the policy support instrument). We had a great team at work and each member of the economic team had specific aspects of the conditionalities to deliver: Bode Agusto was in-charge of the budget; Oby Ezekwesili held sway at Bureau of Public Procurement and later Minister of Solid Mineral, and Education (but specifically tasked with delivering on EITI and procurement reforms); Nuhu Ribadu was at the EFCC fighting corruption; I was at the Central Bank delivering on monetary policy and banking reforms; Steve Oronsaye worked hard to delist Nigeria from the FATF; Nenadi Usman was in-charge of the parastatals; El-Rufai held forth at FCT and in charge of public sector reforms; privatization programme went on, etc. Did you know that the IMF wrote President Obasanjo threatening that there would be no debt relief if the CBN did not meet some monetary targets, and do you know the magic we performed to meet them? Can you tell Nigerians which of the ‘conditionalities’ that you personally implemented? With the groundswell of political support and Nigeria meeting all the ‘conditionalities’, debt relief was assured.

Your major role as stated in your CV was to lead the team to negotiate the specific terms of the relief, having fulfilled the conditions. I still believe that Nigeria should have gotten far better terms than you negotiated. Of course, with your eyes on returning to the World Bank after office, I did not expect you to boldly stand up to the donor community in defence of Nigeria. Was there a conflict of interest on your part?

By the way, can you tell Nigerians why you were eased out as Finance Minister and you cried like a baby begging OBJ to still allow you remain in the Economic Management team—- barely few weeks after the debt relief? Why were you eventually also removed from the economic management team if you were so important? Ironically, President Jonathan has recycled you, with a bigger title and greater responsibilities. But the difference is that the team that did the actual work is no longer there, and the world has seen that the king is naked.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by ivanG07(m): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2019
HarunaWest:
very impressive C.V. I just pray PMB listens to their advice.
will idiots abba kyaeri and co allow their advices be implemented,god of nigeria will fight for us.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by bigpicture001: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2019
mapet:

Your bringing up d write up of a jealous man....

But still dt is not his profile
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by loganx: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Policies for building great economies are never learnt in textbooks, it is all about being street smart. that was IMF were able to convince nigeria to devalue the naira to attract foreign investments in the 1980s.
Ask yourself, what is china doing, what did singapore do?
All these over educated black-oyinbo who spend half of their lifetime guzzling the white man's principles can't lead you anywhere. all their policies are counter productive.
Shot down our borders, ban importation of any item we can produce. Principle of comparative advantage - gold on to what you have and be self sustaining. grow your exports...
Lastly Provide 24/7 electricity, any nation without electricity is still living in the stone-age, no meaningful development can come its way.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by RemiOAjayi: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2019
bigpicture001:

And una no vote for the man to be una governor abi? Until Obj brought him out nobody heard of him so, let's see what this one too can offer
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2019
Toroso:
Oh ! So you can defined your father but insult those older than your father in every ramifications in life n even in the afterlife ?!

'Defined my father'....... Another affidavit applicant on the run..........
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by Lexusgs430: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2019
Toroso:

They might be older than your father....... So speak for yourself, in this life and the next..........
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by mapet: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
bigpicture001:

Your bringing up d write up of a jealous man....

But still dt is not his profile

Jealous man? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by LegendHero(m): 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
mapet:

God bless you bro. Those guys just like adducing unnecessary honor to anyone of their own and love to downgrade other people's achievement.
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by gudugudumeje: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
All those ones na turenshi and grammar packagings... Na how boom the domestic economy to high level growth and build own industries and businesses to compete with foreign ones as well as revive collapsed ones esp. many Obasanjo collapsed...
Re: Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team by gudugudumeje: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
All those ones na turenshi and grammar packagings... Na how boom the domestic economy to high level growth and build own industries and businesses to compete with foreign ones as well as revive collapsed ones esp. many Obasanjo destroyed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crowd At Port-harcourt Airport To Welcome Dakuku Peterside.pics / Army Commander Carrying Released Dapchi Girl (Photo) / Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.