Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP (18648 Views)

Anyim-Ganduje Meeting: PDP Faces More Upset As Defection Looms / Trouble In PDP: Mass Defection Looms After Tribunal Verdict / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by liver123(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2019
Let Clarence Olafemi go to hell with his selfish interest. Stupid politicians
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by batlanroof1: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2019
Bello is coming back for real
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Clonus: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Who punished Otorm and Ikpeazu?
Names follow people. Please what does Ikpeazu mean?
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by phemmyutd(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2019
ovadozes:
Sometimes we get what we deserve....
There are two worst governors in Nigeria, one is in Umuahia and the other is currently seeking re election in Kogi State.
This goes beyond APC and PDP, Yahaya Bello does not deserve a second tenure.

What of Otorm of Benue State
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Cajal(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Who punished Otorm and Ikpeazu?
...they may not need punishment because they are in PDP
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Cajal(m): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2019
stonemasonn:
there's nothing like 16yrs of pdp failure, it's all propaganda
....even PDP tendered apology to Nigerians for 16yrs of Misrule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by IHANLU: 8:13am On Sep 17, 2019
Who is clearance Obafemi to be making mouth because he was not giving Deputy governorship slot. Let him go and join the failure APC. He will be socked even before the Election. His Brother in betrayal camp( Smart Adeyemi) has been moving aroung begging the PDP Chieftains seeking their support if eventually the court declare a rerun for the KOGI WEST SENATORIAL. He comments were if they can support him to get the senate seat he will dance to their tune by sabotaging Yaya Bello in November 16 election. You cant serve two masters at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Solsix(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2019
omenka:
How could you mention these two as the worst? You've probably never heard about some guy called Samuel Ortom. He is the SI Unit of FAILURE!
Hahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Solsix(m): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Abi o. My own na anything that will pepper IPoB pigs, I am in. Yes!
At the detriment of good governance?? Sometimes I wonder what am doing in the same country with some people
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by OgahBohz: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Are these people mad? So they all can't set aside selfish interest and wrest power out of the hands of that stupid man that has institutionalize poverty in Kogi state? So they are resorting to bickering and internal squabbles that will allow him get a second term and leave the people for dead.

If this news is true, then this is an indication that those people don't have the people's interest at heart. I mean they've always cried out in papers how Bello has refused to pay workers, isn't doing any tangible thing to take the people away from the poverty line, but now they have a chance to make a change in the narrative and the only thing they are thinking about is how so called party leader's son was treated unfairly, how they don't like the party flag bearer, etc. Smh.

guy the matter tire me..
very unpatriotic bigots ..
kogi state is constantly on a standby failure mode !
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Merit123(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2019
I don't know waiting consign ipob with kogi, they are just like to drink paracetamol for another man headeach Biko.
NgeneUkwenu:

Abi o. My own na anything that will pepper IPoB pigs, I am in. Yes!
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Merit123(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2019
Hahaha, who knows if Dino will still decamp to APC before the election. I pity their fellowers.
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by MyMouth(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
MyMouth
Madam, don't believe everything u read in the papers about kogi elections, most of them are propaganda deployed by the failed outgoing governor of the state. We that are from the state know what's up
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by buhariguy(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2019
stonemasonn:
there's nothing like 16yrs of pdp failure, it's all propaganda
maybe you have not be in nigeria since 1980, this country has be in mess since 1980, and 4yrs is surely not enough to be out of those mess created since the time of shagari/ekweme.
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by Yorubaskullmine: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
I am here to cure your craze. useless being with fake news
Re: Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP by nigeriaschoolne(f): 4:20am On Sep 19, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
There are indications that all may not be well in the camp of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State, following an impending mass defection from the opposition party.

The dust raised by the primary election that produced Engr Musa Wada is yet to settle as more PDP chieftains in the state have expressed their willingness to either defect to the opposition APC or stay within PDP and work against the party.

A PDP chieftain from Kogi West told our correspondent that all is not well with the party, just as he said the controversy that trailed the primary election may have ruined the chances of the party to return to power soon.

According to the chieftain who does not want his name in print because, PDP may have turned the November 16 election to a no contest for the incumbent governor, Yahaya Bello.

SEARCH
Leadership News
Leadership Nigeria Newspaper

COVER STORIESKogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDPPublished 14 hours ago on September 16, 2019 By Sam Egwu

pdp flags
Zenith Account Opening

There are indications that all may not be well in the camp of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Kogi State, following an impending mass defection from the opposition party.

The dust raised by the primary election that produced Engr Musa Wada is yet to settle as more PDP chieftains in the state have expressed their willingness to either defect to the opposition APC or stay within PDP and work against the party.

A PDP chieftain from Kogi West told our correspondent that all is not well with the party, just as he said the controversy that trailed the primary election may have ruined the chances of the party to return to power soon.

According to the chieftain who does not want his name in print because, PDP may have turned the November 16 election to a no contest for the incumbent governor, Yahaya Bello.

He said, “One of the founding fathers of the party in PDP and a former acting governor in the State, Hon. Clarence Olafemi is already gone. In Kogi politics, the fear of the likes of Olafemi is the beginning of wisdom. He was a former Minority Leader if the State Assembly; a former Speaker of the State House of Assembly and a former Acting Governor. For him to openly declare for Bello, it means the PDP is just waiting to collapse completely.

“Alh. Ibrahim Idris is our leader in Kogi State. He was Governor for 9 years and also brought Capt. Idris Wada. The way and manner his son, Abu Ibro was treated during the primary was unfair and an insult on our leader. There is no way PDP can be the same again.

To add to the insults, Sam Aro was made the running mate to a greenhorn. Sam Aro was a former House of Reps members who has lost his last two elections. He is no more a force in Yagba politics. Hon Sunday Karimi is more on ground in Yagba.

“The cream of people behind Abu Ibro are the real PDP people. And right now, they have made up their mind to work against Engr Musa Wada”.

Confirming this, the former acting governor, Clarence Olafemi, said yesterday that his visit at the weekend to Governor Bello was because of impunity in PDP and that he may be dumping the PDP for APC soon.

Speaking at his residence in Lokoja on Sunday, Olafemi noted that PDP has cheated on him several times and he cannot continue to stay in the party.

He noted: “I am one of the strong members of PDP in the state, yet the National Working Committee of the party failed to recognise my input and effort for the party. I was the running mate to Jubril Isah in 2015 governorship primary election of the party but we were later replaced by the party and brought in Captain Idris Wada and Yomi Awoniyi as running mate without any reason.”

“In 2019 general election, I was one of the Senatorial aspirants from Kogi west, I was denied from contesting as the party imposed Senator Dino Melaye who just decamped from APC back to PDP.

“My governorship aspirant in the just concluded primary of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim Idris, was denied of the Governorship ticket of the party by some power to be in the party and gave victory to Engr. Musa Wada because they hate Alhaji Ibrahim Idris the former governor of the state. With all these impunities how do you expect me to continue staying in PDP? I’m not the first person to decamp from one party to another.”

“President Mohammadu Buhari and my mentor Alhaji Abubakar Atiku all decamped from one party to another. Am not going to be the first or the last. I had a fruitful discussion with Governor Yahaya Bello and am very satisfied with the outcome of our meeting.”

Olafemi who was also former speaker Kogi state House of Assembly noted that he will follow due process when he is going to decamp from PDP to APC stressing that he will do it openly and very soon.

Also, shortly after the primary, Engr Wada made moves to reconcile the party, with a visit to Sen Dino Melaye and it was thought to be all peace until Dino Melaye rejected his appointment to head the campaign as Director General.

Sen. Melaye made some disparaging remarks to announce his rejection of the appointment, despite being visited by the National Chairman of the party, predicting a chaotic future for the party.

In Kogi East, virtually all the PDP leaders in the camp of Ibrahim Idris have moved to the APC.

Also, a source close to the candidate of the PDP candidate told our reporter in confidence that the candidate is under pressure from his creditors even as he scouts for funds to prosecute the election.

He said, “I must confess to you that the only hope we have is if Alh. Ibrahim Idris will forgive us and support Engr Wada. Suleiman Idris did his best for us to defeat his brother, Abu Ibro during the primary. But I am aware funds were borrowed to execute the primary.

“Strategically, we targeted the primary election and didn’t bother to visit everywhere in the buildup to the primary. Now, those creditors are making life difficult for us by demanding for their money as things look tight for us.

“Capt Idris Wada has shown great spirit of sportsmanship but he can’t match that with funds. He couldn’t even fund his primary properly. So the only hope we have now is to persuade Alhaji Ibro to support us”.

http://leadership.ng/2019/09/16/kogi-govship-mass-defection-looms-in-pdp/

Do you know that the FULOKOJA Admission List and FULOKOJA Merit list 2019/2020 of all prospective students has been released by Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. https://www.nigeriaschoolnews.ng/fulokoja-admission-list/ If you have not checked your FULOKOJA Post UTME, then check the procedures following this link https://www.nigeriaschoolnews.ng/fulokoja-post-utme-registration/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trouble For Folarin As Oyo APC Guber Aspirants Abandon Candidate / Nnamdi Kanu Cannot Eat Due To Pains From Gastro Intestine Disorder - Lawyer / Muhammadu Buhari: End Of The Great Flop By Mobolaji Sanusi (The Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.