Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

"The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (68122 Views)

How Wizkid Beat Ice Prince, Others To Win 2011 Hyundai S.u.v At Hip Hop Awards / The Truth About Rumors Of Jay-z Being A Member Of The Illuminati / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by purplelean: 5:31am On Mar 16, 2007
You know why I hate forums? They want your email, and all this other personal crap, then they have all these power hungery teenagers called moderators bugging you forever. People use little short words that only forum regulars can understand and stupid smiley faces. kiss

If you need to do reasearch don't use google.com, as it will send you to Wikipedia or a forum instead of a useful site everytime. At least this site only asks for email, and logs you in immediatley.

My point is the Devil has his hand in everything, EvErYtHiNg. You talk about what we don't know about hip hop but how much do you know about THIS SITE RIGHT HERE? What hidden messages are in these threads. I've know about EXministries, the makers of "The Truth about Hip Hop" and they got it for places just like this to. THey just haven't made DVDs about it yet.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by trina09(f): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2007
man idk wut the Bleep to believe cause it sound like it can be true but that shit might be sum hoe shit but me i listen to hip hop r&b and church msic so i wonder wut that make me smiley [color=#000099][/color][flash=200,200]http://[/flash][flash=200,200][/flash]

Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by busygirl(f): 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2007
Very deep darling, I can't just stop wondering
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by VFKNGRE: 12:25am On Mar 26, 2007
@ EVERYONE

I don't see why you all take this pastor's word seriously. He is incredibly biased about most things (Jewelry, music, art) and often his "facts," just don't add up. As for hip hop, it's STILL just a form of expression and culture. If you really hate it, then maybe you should stay away from other cultures. Do you you hate reggae? How about rock, pop, and alternative? However, I am glad to see that at least some of you out there are level headed enough to see that there is NOTHING evil about hip hop! Come on, people. Be accepting. Trust me, it WILL make your life much easier.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by ishoo: 2:29pm On May 04, 2007
Guyz I still think the truth should be told. Listen and you will hear, Seek and you will find. Search your heart before you make a decision. We all know the truth but  we shy away from it.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Al3X808: 9:40pm On May 08, 2007
i read this and it def makes u think, i believe that hip hop does portray a negativ things in many cases but i do listen to it, its strange bcuz i never respected jay-z for callin himself god emcee bcuz no1 has the right to compare himself to god, three 6 mafia is juss crazy satanic lol but i listen to tupac most frequently, i like pac bcuz although he was not perfect he wanted better for the world nd he had sum deep songs, he reflected on his mistakes nd i believe that he was definitely a good person at heart, he like all of us was a sinner nd he was born into a position where there was more sin than in other places, he was born in the gutter where as sum ppl are born higher up and hav less to come up from, the pastor or preacher whatever his title is is definitely also sending a good msg but i dont agree when he made the statement that there is no god in the hood basically, god is evrywhere and thats a fact, i think that music is definitely influential and many ppl reinact things they here bcuz they think its kool or sumthing but if u hav enuf faith in god i dont think that the music can really grab hold of you, god can protect u if you ask him, i sin nd i do wrong juss like evry1 else but im human and we're going to sin, its up to us as individuals to ask jesus and god for help nd to deliver us from sin, im not saying satan doesnt work through music but instead of bashing sum of these artists try nd help them, pray for them nd dont follow in their footsteps, you dont have to do evrything like them but they dont all hav bad msgs, u say that dont include the lord on a cd filled with things going against god but its that one song that ppl like me use to inspire me to do better by my family or frends or just in lyfe, bcuz jesus should be your biggest inspiration no doubt but he was perfect nd we are not, he is also not here in the flesh soo it makes it even harder for this generation but thats y we turn to parents or many times artists for guidance nd many times we do it negatively but me as a person i try nd follow the positive things sum of these rappers say, my name is alex, im 16, i dont get high or drunk nor am i having sex yet i listen to hip hop, nd yea satan is in the music but ultimately its your choice whut u make of it, r u stronger than satan grin
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by drea(f): 5:59am On Jun 01, 2007
Hello to all its been a minute but I have been checking in to see what has been happening, it appears the topic is loosing a little steam, so I’ll just put my little thing and see how that goes.

What I would like to do is call attention to the revelation of truth, truth brings to light what has not been seen before, its hard to push it back under the carpet or close behind the door once it has been seen and that is what’s happening with Sin (the culture of Hip Hop), it’s being revealed.
Just for the sake of sharing, some of the things that I will be writing about came about from a study that I was involved in a few months ago…
There are ongoing challenges towards Christianity, many believe that there is nothing tangible about the gospel, the church has been polluted resulting in worship and belief being abandoned. We are a society that has become desensitized to Hell, often referring to Hell as the current life we are living in (due to our circumstances, living environments, etc) So the rejection of Christianity has been played out in the following beliefs that have been adopted by the humanistic society that exist:
Rationalism: reliance on reason as the basis for establishment of religious truth

Materialism: a doctrine that the only or the highest values or objectives lie in material well-being and in the furtherance of material progress

Secularism: indifference to or rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations
Pluralism: state of society in which members of diverse ethnic, racial, religious, or social groups maintain an autonomous participation in and development

So the reactions to a proclaimed truth of the bible is thrown into a humanistic context and rationalized as unbelievable or unreal to the reason/or lack of reasoning.

So being accepting is not a possibility when dealing with the plights of this world, because Jesus said because you come in the name of Jesus they will reject you as they rejected me.
My question how do we see God. See when we limit him and see him as a person up in heaven detached from our realties on earth he cries because that is not how he wants to be seen felt or heard. We are limiting our God by believe that he is detached from our realities; I believe God is much bigger than that but we have to trust him, in all we do.

God wants us to be victorious against Satan, but we cannot do this alone, when we try alone we are prone to fail because Satan is much bigger than the appearance of bad people and dark clothing, he causes us to go against God.

Drea
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by gbadex1(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2007
Exactly what is the point of your write-up?
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by kaydee(m): 12:25am On Jun 02, 2007
Drea,

Please break it down,it's like U speaking like the master
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by alisigwe(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2007
i aint gat na tale to say to this its simply deep as hell,i am printing out the stuff 4 a review if its only hip hop and the devil battling.what abt the churches.cool to know but i respect all things abt GOD cuz he made us.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by dtwsola(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2007
Wow this is the biggest load of horseshit I've ever read, and people actually think this nonsense is "deep". Man, I thought the Religion section of this board was packed full of gullible people, but this thread definitely takes the cake.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by drea(f): 4:09am On Jul 09, 2007
Sorry once again, basically my write up is a review of how our world today tries to explain away God and his power,
Also in the bible it refers to truth as light being revealed in dark places which can causes a disruption because we can no longer ignore what has been seen as the truth.

I apologize that I could not get the opportunity to go into more but if there are any questions Ill try my best. Common gbade there is always a point, how would you like it be applicable to you!

drea
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by gbadex1(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2007
drea, no offence, but the topic's dead, as in six feet stone cold dead. Let it rest, will ya? And if you want a spin-off, i believe the Religion section would be best suited for talk like this. . . .
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by romeo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2007
i love hip hop and nothing you people say here is going to make me change my mind about that

i don't worship hip hop but JEHOVA AND JESUS CHRIST
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by ladebi(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2007
I have found out where hell is and heaven is underconstruction still have a long way to go but they have started leasing the houses who wants an apartment should just contact me heaven or hell any one. so even if you listen to hiphop you can still go to heaven or hell any one you want.Its your choice and your bucks.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by missme29: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2008
i am also a christian , i love music alll music , i listen to rap i listen to r&b i listen to gospel i listen to christian i listen to pop rock whatever i listen to it all , first i have to say alotta these dudes in the industry, have no clue what they are gettin into, a way out the hood is how they look at it, half of them dont read the fine print or between the lines of whatever if these accusations are tru, one thing i will say that made me mad was, this xministries guy!, im sorry i understand gettin the whole message across all that yada yada yada but foreal if hes doin this cus god told him too why is he charging??, we can get the word for free, so if hes preachin somthing that is life or death, y isnt it free?, but anyways suppose jayz or whoever else he was bashing was sitting right in the audience that same nite and wanted to give their life to god, suppose they came to church that nite to start over, how does that look?, if i were them i would be like, this dude is just like them corporate dudes, u feel what im sayin?, alotta churchs loose members and loose focus bcus they are pushin ppl cus they are worried about sister so and so got on PANTS and EARRINGS or bro so and so wearin SHORTS, what kinda crap is that? instead of tell us we ccant where this or we cant where that tell us that NO MATTER WHAT JESUS WILL NEVER STOP LOVING US!, AND THHHHHHHHHHHHHHEENNN i heard this x ministries guy is sayin tye tribbett is gay? and gospel rap is of the devil, WHAT KINDA MADDNESS IS GOIN ON IN THIS DUDES HEAD!, i respect tye soo much cus hes reachin the YOUTH!!!, which to me is the most important asset of the church right now b/cus the we are the future!, so if gospel rap is how ur gonna get to us or gettin on stage PRAISING GOD IN THE WAY THAT U CHOOSE!>, THEN ROCK ON!, FOREAL!!!,
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by fastmoney(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2008
all i can say is that ur either mad cos u aint sellin records or ur just simply being a dumb ass,
listen to the entire snoop song. dont just try to make sence out of one line, and please dosnt it make you jobless or insane to be playin tracks backward, why dont you try to understand jayz's song the same why he realeased them, playing it backwards simply means its no longer jayz's view()
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by fastmoney(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2008
i think your the person that has sold ur soul to the devil cos the devil cos only the devil can make a man listen to song backwards, go and suck a cow u dumb ass biaaaaaaatch.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by kaydee(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2009
diggin sh*ts up!!!

I need a job grin grin grin
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Krayola(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2009
The only thing Evil is the way religion controls peoples minds and makes them think like robots.

It's just music,  if you don't like it don't buy it. Stop putting "Evil" labels on people just because they don't believe the same thing as you.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 06, 2009
I agree with you 100%. You see, I know this already. But what about gospel hip hop. Like my good friend says hip hop is the beat, its the movement. Its the lyrics that is bad not the beats.

I agree with you. But if you condemn secular hip hop and R&B, don't condemn gospel hip hop becos I have friend that does gospel hip hop very well. His name is MBT, you can download his songs from his website at

http://mbtpromo.webs.com
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Kinezeala(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2010
Omg!dis is shocking!tank God i read this!
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Rocktation(f): 5:19pm On May 07, 2010
First, how d'you play a song backwards? Second, who invented the idea of playing songs backwards? Thirdly, why must christians label evil on everything enjoyable? Fourth, yeah some singers say a lot of nonsense but can't we just call them CRAZY and get on with MY life?
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Teddmosby: 8:21am On Jan 13, 2012
Oh boy! you are on wrong path.They seriously rock!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.jdharris.co.uk/valkee-sad-lamp-light-seasonal-affective-disorder
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by MissCapri: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
hot-angel:
That was DEEP!!

But uhmmm.. hello? Lean wit it, rock wit it.. I'm still loving hip hop! cheesy

Don't condemn all hip hop because of these lines you see. I agree that some hip hop songs are bad.. But even kirk franklin does hip-hop in JESUS way. Hip hop is not the song they sing. It's the beat they make. The boom boom beat!I dont think the beat is evil!

So when you saying we should LEAVE hip- hop or stop listening to hip-hop, i wont agree with that. But i'll agree that, we should know the kind of hip-hop we listen to and dance to. smiley

Exactly, and please, stop with the chain letters. Why Smash Chain Letters? The Mission
http://chainsmashers.mixxt.com/networks/content/index.Why%20Smash%20Chain%20Letters_%20The%20Mission
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by MissCapri: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
VFKNGRE: @ EVERYONE

I don't see why you all take this pastor's word seriously. He is incredibly biased about most things (Jewelry, music, art) and often his "facts," just don't add up. As for hip hop, it's STILL just a form of expression and culture. If you really hate it, then maybe you should stay away from other cultures. Do you you hate reggae? How about rock, pop, and alternative? However, I am glad to see that at least some of you out there are level headed enough to see that there is NOTHING evil about hip hop! Come on, people. Be accepting. Trust me, it WILL make your life much easier.

I agree with you, he puts everybody who believes in God in a very bad light.

I stopped believing in the "OMG songs played backward speak the devil's msgs!" in my early 20s. Seriously now. Who listens to music backward? Who actually sits around trying to come up with a song that sounds like it has evil messages when played backward? Noone but maybe someone with no life at all.

And really, chain letters? People, *especially* pastors and anyone believing in god, need to stop spreading them, in fact, Christians need to actively discourage the spread of chain letters. All they do is undermine our credibility and make us all look like big dupes.

There is no "sad truth" in this chain letter. It's just blathering imagination gone wild to re-affirm some people's uninformed and scared opinions about the music already. Sure, there is some bad hiphop, just as there are some bad country songs and even classical music has its junk too. And, this whole backward message thing is simply stupid for another reason besides the ones I mentioned above. If such music was really so evil that it contained a backward message, that message would be universal - understood by everyone to be evil, not just english-speakers. So it might seem evil to someone brain-eaten by hysterical hyper-religious chain letters designed to whip scared Christians into a forwarding frenzy, but only if they speak English. That same song means absolutely ziltch, played forward or backward, to someone who does not speak english.

Once again, if you believe in God, don't spread chain letters.
Why Smash Chain Letters? The Mission
http://chainsmashers.mixxt.com/networks/content/index.Why%20Smash%20Chain%20Letters_%20The%20Mission
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by shonn: 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hahaha Now I've heard it all. Oh,I believe every institution in the US is controlled by the elite...AND they do promote ignorant, capitalist, ego-driven (and hence "evil"wink rap over the "conscious" intelligent.

But this is ridiculous. Because first of all, one of those institutions is organized religion.

Second of all, Jay z doesn't have a "Gray Album" A DJ named DangerMouse made a cd mixing the Beatles White Album and JayZ's BLACK Album to make a GA (which he got in little trouble for)So, maybe it was the Beatles' Satanic messages you heard. lol

So you say that Jay Z says: "I could lead you to evil" back wards and forwards it says "I could lead you to the devil" That physically makes no sense.

Why don't you post some examples so we can all hear this. Here's the code:

<embed height="50" width="100" src="BULLSHIT.mp3">

Just replace the BULLSHIT with your own. lol
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by Horus(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2013
We see an emergence of young Africans music artists from Africa copying the US, wearing US clothes and copying their music videos, they are lost souls. If black people all come from Africa then we should all be following African culture not the other way round.
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by kingofhiphop101(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
U wanna know the sad truth about yur 'hip hop'? its that most naira landers dont even know what it [HIP HOP] is all about.
i suggest you all try to learn first before yu begin posting.
we have so many band-wagonytes who feel its cool to be hip hop and then just start claiming it, even before they,ve known the basics of it. and i must confess i,m getging sick of it so 90% of yu can just chill and do some more research instead. bye!!!
Re: "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> by kingofhiphop101(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
I REPEAT>> ALL OF YU NEED TO KEEP MUMM ON THIS HIP HOP THING>> AND REMAIN THUS {SILENT} UNTILL YU>V LEARNT OR ATLEAST ATTEMPTED LEARNING ABOUT IT>>
THEN YU CAN POST REASONABLY ON THE TOPIC>> CUS SO FAR>>> ITSJUST MORE AND MORE TRASH>>
EVERY BADY" IS TRYIN TO FEEL LIKE A WRITER>> OR SOME SAGE OR SCRIBE>>
ITS IRRITATING>>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / Download Full Tracks: Duncan mighty Album – Grace & Talent / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.