Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi (24632 Views)

Nigeria Borders Closure, Creating Hunger For Beninois And Nigeriens - IMF / Beyond Our Land Borders Closure / The Real Politics Behind Borders Closure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Royalfurnitures: 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
Closing the borders or not doesn't mean anythiing, the smugglers will still continue their nefarious activities unabated, the problem are the custom men who connive with them

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

2 Likes

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by mu2sa2: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:
US is closing their border so is Nigeria! What's good for the goose is good for Uganda grin
How about this: What is good for Greece is good for Uganda!

1 Like

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by RockHard: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
Every patriotic Nigerian supports the closure.

2 Likes

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by OruExpress: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
RichDad1:
Every reasonable Nigerian should support it.

niger and chad boarders won't be touched.
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by tfelicityk(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
I hope the state government will start investing in manufacturing industries and production in their various across the NATION?
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by RichDad1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
OruExpress:

niger and chad boarders won't be touched.
Have you been there ?
Did you know the President of Niger has been lobbying to have the border opened but PMB stood his ground ?
Next time try to deal with facts and not some beer parlor gossips.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by obi58: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
I support this border closure on the following terms:

1. Make the local refineries functional. Till tomorrow we are only hearing of Dangote's refinery. Nobody is probing why our refineries cannot function optimally ditto for our power industry
2. Provide significant subsidies to farmers to produce food and bring them to market at prices that will be able to compete favourably with imported substitutes. However, this should not be an excuse to encourage cartels who due to government protectionist policies will choose to fix prices to exploit the market.
3. Carry out a comprehensive revamp of the Immigration and customs offices from head to toe to make them more professional in the discharge of their duties and get rid of all the bad eggs that have fed fat on bribes and illegal levies over time.
4. MODIFIED and of course close our borders to
(a) medical tourism for government officials and their families. They should make use of the same health facilities available to the rest of us.
(b) same thing for sending their children abroad for further education. Their children should attend the same universities and polytechnics our children attend. Any government official found wanting should be sacked immediately. Be it legislative, executive or judiciary.
(c) all government officials and departments should only patronise made in Nigeria vehicles. Imagine the impact on the economy in terms of job creation the 4bn that the Senate wants to use to buy cars will have if they patronise Innoson talk less if the Fg follows suit.

We have the potential to transform the economy of this country rapidly regardless of party affiliation but the main question is whether the will exists to do this

5 Likes

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by princpl(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Seconded grin
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by julioralph(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
You wholeheartedly support Border closure, yet you do not seem to support the call by most Nigerians for Govt to ban your herdsmen people shebi tongue
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Sannisege: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
Awol1:
Is there any law, custom or tradition, that would prevent PDP from giving this man presidential ticket?

If PDP can pull this off, it would be a walkover, no debate.

Pair him with Peter Obi or Umahi, and we are fine.

Sanusi is one northerner I hold in high esteem and he's a PDP apologist, so it would be easy.

In another news, if as a critic of Buhari administration, I also, wholeheartedly agree with border closure.

My Igbo brothers should stop importing foreign rice through Benin. It will help our local farmers get the adequate reward for their sweat.

Sanusi/Obi2023, let's sing this song loud.
#Tinubu/Boss Mustapha 2019
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Praktikals(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
9jayes:

Ur moniker resemble Pakistani
Lol. All my preferred monikers were denied
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Trutherme: 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by adekolaelect(m): 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2019
SLAP44:

Then he must ban cattle movement into Nigeria first. Or are those herders not selfish? Are they not smuggling?
compering smuggling Rice with rearing Cows !!!! OK continuing .

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
And we have closed our borders... grin grin

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Mrjo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Awol1:
Is there any law, custom or tradition, that would prevent PDP from giving this man presidential ticket?

Sanusi is one northerner I hold in high esteem and he's a PDP apologist, so it would be easy.

In another news, if as a critic of Buhari administration, I also, wholeheartedly agree with border closure.

My Igbo brothers should stop importing foreign rice through Benin. It will help our local farmers get the adequate reward for their sweat.

so you support this rice and stones we called rice even at high price
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by engrchykae(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
he supported the closure of borders with benin republic.
mr emir,when are you going to advice and support the closure of border with niger republic and Chad?
i dont blame you,i blame your southern useful i.diots
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by sapele914(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
SLAP44:
Let's call a spade by its proper name Emir, the government in Nigeria has failed completely. Why should closure of your border be a method to stop illegal importation when your government is paying thousands of incompetent people to man its borders till date.

I still didn't hear that the ministry of interior or the head of customs has been sacked by the government, they are just taking the easy way out to place a blanket ban like they did in 1984, triggering the "essential commodities " scarcity that crippled the nation back then.

Continue to close your borders and don't sanitize the customs which come into supermarkets to seize goods which they collected bribes to let into the country at the borders.

It's a failure of leadership.
Ignorance or is Mumurism is a curse, please try and enlighten yourself.
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Okay
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Starboytwo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
clarocuzioo:
It is crass ignorance on the side of the emir to support to support the government on the closure of border because of rice. Its obvious he does not understand perfectly well what happens at the borders.

Is it only rice that is being imported through the borders?

Presently we have over four trailers of hides and skin coming from Mali stuck in the border .

What about other exports to other African countries?

All of them will now be in comatose because of rice.
The presidency should device an effective means of curbing smuggling in the boarders not shutting it down, trust me it is counter productive.

SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI should know better.
oga let them close the border, it is good on the long run, we are a heavy country in the consumption of rice.... With the border closure, our farmers go turn up....
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by amaniro: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
mu2sa2:
How about this: What is good for Greece is good for Uganda!

I know it but my opted for the latter
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by ITbomb(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
He said: “If you remember when the president came to Kano on official visit, I actually talk about closing the borders with the Republic of Benin.
You dey for Kano, Benin border come concern you pass Niger border

1 Like

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by harjay1986: 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
clarocuzioo:
It is crass ignorance on the side of the emir to support to support the government on the closure of border because of rice. Its obvious he does not understand perfectly well what happens at the borders.

Is it only rice that is being imported through the borders?

Presently we have over four trailers of hides and skin coming from Mali stuck in the border .

What about other exports to other African countries?

All of them will now be in comatose because of rice.
The presidency should device an effective means of curbing smuggling in the boarders not shutting it down, trust me it is counter productive.

SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI should know better.

Read my lips
Our boarder is not a port or airport if you want to mo e your hid and skin use appropriate channel , you actually pay tax to the country you are moving it from but when you get to Nigeria you will quickly offer bribe instead for you to pay d duties

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
Awol1:

An Emir is an Emir Forever.

Forget Preaidency
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by harjay1986: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
Royalfurnitures:
Closing the borders or not doesn't mean anythiing, the smugglers will still continue their nefarious activities unabated, the problem are the custom men who connive with them

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

Do you know this time not only custom are at the border, which means you cant bribe everyone, thats why d thing dey pay some people , Benin population is not up to 30 million and they are the fifth importer of rise in world, they receive tax from people that import through their port and even we all suffer for subsidy on petrol but 1/4 of our reserve on petrol are been smuggle to this country,
If we must pay for subsidy it mustn't be for neiboughood country it must be for Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Legendguru: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2019
Oh
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by mu2sa2: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

I know it but my opted for the latter
Hahaha, you are carried, in a manner of speaking!
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by SoNature(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Okoroawusa:

You well?

He's very okay.

He's telling you how an ideal system works
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Fashdeejay(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
9jatriot:
It would be interesting to see if this will also signal the end of Boko Haram.
yet the borders in the north are more porous than bod Risky's butt.... u can literally stroll into nigeria carrying bags of drugs, ammunition and slaves with no one to question u.... the emir is as dumb as the president. As unpatriotic as the president, as tribalistic as the president... he is no different from buhari...

1 Like

Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
obi58:
I support this border closure on the following terms:

1. Make the local refineries functional. Till tomorrow we are only hearing of Dangote's refinery. Nobody is probing why our refineries cannot function optimally ditto for our power industry
2. Provide significant subsidies to farmers to produce food and bring them to market at prices that will be able to compete favourably with imported substitutes. However, this should not be an excuse to encourage cartels who due to government protectionist policies will choose to fix prices to exploit the market.
3. Carry out a comprehensive revamp of the Immigration and customs offices from head to toe to make them more professional in the discharge of their duties and get rid of all the bad eggs that have fed fat on bribes and illegal levies over time.
4. MODIFIED and of course close our borders to
(a) medical tourism for government officials and their families. They should make use of the same health facilities available to the rest of us.
(b) same thing for sending their children abroad for further education. Their children should attend the same universities and polytechnics our children attend. Any government official found wanting should be sacked immediately. Be it legislative, executive or judiciary.
(c) all government officials and departments should only patronise made in Nigeria vehicles. Imagine the impact on the economy in terms of job creation the 4bn that the Senate wants to use to buy cars will have if they patronise Innoson talk less if the Fg follows suit.

We have the potential to transform the economy of this country rapidly regardless of party affiliation but the main question is whether the will exists to do this
such trash undecided
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ok will herdsmen allow farmers plant rice??
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by Fierytruth: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
Wow
Re: I Wholeheartedly Support Borders’ Closure — Emir Sanusi by iamdannyfc(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taofeek Arapaja Returns N36,000,000 Paid Into His Account (Letter) / Akin Alabi Distributes Laptops To Egbeda/Ona Ara Youths / Junaid Mohammed Quits As Donald Duke’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.