Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja (14714 Views)

Photos As Osinbajo Presides Over Weekly FEC Meeting / Osinbajo Presides Over Niger Delta Meeting In Abuja (photos) / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by CGMedia: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, is currently presiding over the monthly National Economic Council (NEC) meeting, Igbere TV reports.

NEC is the constitutional body that advises the President on the co-ordination of economic affairs of the Nigerian Federation.

Igbere TV gathers that the meeting is currently taking place at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Our State House correspondent reports that the meeting has some state governors, Governor of the Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele; and some Ministers, in attendance.

Announcing the meeting in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV on his Twitter handle, Osinbajo’s Senior Spokesman, Laolu Akande’s wrote;

“VP Osinbajo now presiding over the monthly National Economic Council, NEC, meeting with State Govs, CBN Gov & some members of the FEC.

“NEC is the constitutional body that advises the President on the coordination of economic affairs of the Nigerian Federation.”

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/osinbajo-presides-over-monthly-nec-meeting-in-abuja/

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by FarahAideed: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2019
I hope he took permission from Abba Kyari because we dont want Abba Kyari wahalla ooo.. Osinbanjo must make sure he submits minutes of this meeting to Abba Kyari for vetting and approval to avoid Kyari's query oo

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by TRIGITIS: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
I thought Hate Republic said buhari has sacked osinbajo

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by davidodiba(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Osibanjo...the fulanis are really trying their best to test the water before they finally clip wings....don't trust them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by TRIGITIS: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:
I hope he took permission from Abba Kyari because we dont want Abba Kyari wahalla ooo.. Osinbanjo must make sure he submits minutes of this meeting to Abba Kyari for vetting and approval oooo
[/s]
Too childish.

yehmick:
i mere commissioner presiding pver FEC? Nigeria my country!!!
The topic said NEC but you said FEC.

A clear sign that wailing now freely flows without hindrance (reason)

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by megafaraday(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Star boy on the wheels

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Enyimbamercedes: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Only a matter of time...soon he will be presiding over only his home affairs

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by drizslim(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Apc trying so hard not to reveal the fracas in its party, that is one area they are ahead of Pdp. Don't quote me today, not reachable..

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Richdad50(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2019
shocked

Osibanjo is VP Academic while Abba Kyari is VP Admin.

What is happening to Osibanjo can be likened to a type of rat that bites you but at the same time soothes the pain with saliva from its mouth. You don't feel it until it is morning. From one tactical humiliation to another, the old man continues to act poise and composed in the face of it all. Whatever happens, Osibanja has written his name in history and bagged the goodwill of the people.

Richdad

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by elnaf(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
e no easy!
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by solmusdesigns: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
grin

I love Osinbajo's silence.. ipobians and PDP miscreants are pained,

I laugh at online dunces who dont know the law gives Osinbajo his statutory role in this Government and not even the president can stop him, except impeachment by 2/3 majority of the Legislature

Fools should quickly read the powers of Osinbajo from our constituition here https://nigeriaworld.com/focus/constitution/ because you lots are going to keep disgracing yourselves while Osinbajo soars higher than all Ipobian politicians dead or alive

And No Piglet can reduce osinbajo's constituitional right as enshrined in the law, Osinbajo is a professor of law, with many wins against federal government as an opposition state (lagos ) Arntoney General, so he knows the game too well

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Tomide007: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
Thought they said that they've cancelled NEC

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by StrikeBack(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
Routine with no impact

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by TorukMakto: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
TRIGITIS:
I thought Hate Republic said buhari has sacked osinbajo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by nsesam(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Anyone can presides over the meeting but the final decision Will be taken by the Boss himself and we all know the boss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Nice
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by cybertron88: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
This one na valedictory service grin

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by silencer94(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
tongue
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Sirjamo: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Osinbajo can never be as useless as Jonathan and Sambo were as vice Presidents

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by NaijaNaWaa: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2019
National Economic Council (a monthly talk shop, if you ask me) is not the same as the Economic Management Team. The EMT stands scrapped and to that extent, a slight on Osinbajo. Don’t confuse or minimize it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by PureFace1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
Children of hate and enemies of Nigeria were saying Osinbajo is just an House boy with no power but now they are saying Osinbajo have been stripped off power, the power they were saying he never had in the first place grin

Only fools like them believe their fake news

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by tech18: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
FarahAideed:
I hope he took permission from Abba Kyari because we dont want Abba Kyari wahalla ooo.. Osinbanjo must make sure he submits minutes of this meeting to Abba Kyari for vetting and approval oooo

He will take it to Dubai or China for vetting..

grin[center][/center] grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Cajal(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
The wailers republic will not be happy
The man is fully in charge
They have forgotten VP has a clear roles according to the constitution

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
n
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
fake news Osibanjo and Tinubu had been reduced to nothing

when we are done with our conspiracies theory Yoruba will give up on their 2023 presidential ambition

this is exactly what Igbo want to achieve, i came across one imbecilic post of Mrtrivalis or whatever he called himself that Yoruba is selfish for not telling Igbo to come and be the HOR speaker. these people can be so mean and dysfunctional in reasoning seriously

they want to turn Nigeria elective position in to monarchical title. when their kinswoman came out for this post, how many of their kinsmen campaign for her?

the same Buhari that had sidelined Tinubu made sure Tinubu's preferred candidates for the national assembly were elected

sick people everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by VillageHead: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
I pray this trend continues
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by ValCon888: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
The funny thing is, the people who are undermining this man and controlling government all went to hide during election.
It is time to dispose the carcass and now the vultures have come to feast.
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by yehmick: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
i mere commissioner presiding pver FEC? Nigeria my country!!!
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja by chukwuibuipob: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
cheesy grin cool cheesy cheesy cool cheesy grin cheesy cool cool cool all fl@theadsPigs aka children of 8 and destruction. Gather here for nocturnal meeting

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idris Jeje Orders Clearance Of Passport Backlogs At Ikoyi Office / Edo: ‘i’m Not In Competition With You’ – Shaibu Tells Obaseki / Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.