Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. (14716 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
A Man Of High Integrity,

I am very disappointed and heartbroken. Nnaji!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Some stakeholders in the Southeast, led by a powerful moneybag, foresaw the likelihood of Nnaji coming from the backdoor to emerge as the sole supplier and distributor of power to the region in future. The management of a power plant in Aba by Geometric Power alluded to their fears.” shocked shocked shocked

According to sources, the Southeast stakeholders capitalised on the implication of Geometric Power in the bid process to petition the NCP and the Presidency.

Another source said: “Based on the petition, which was verified by security agencies, Nnaji was confronted at the NCP meeting where he explained that he had resigned as a director of Geometric Power and put his shares in a blind trust.

“But the Chairman of the NCP, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session. shocked shocked shocked The bids were later cancelled, based on Nnaji’s conflict of interest.

“An official report was made to President Goodluck Jonathan on the conflict of interest of the ex-minister and the President decided that Nnaji must go.

“What pained the government was that it had assured the international community of a transparent process and the involvement of the minister’s firm cast a doubt on the integrity of the process. It was like drawing back the privatisation process.”

A government source said: “This development has grave implications for the timelines for the privatisation of the power plants and the DISCOS.

“We will be forced to adjust the timelines and we might be seen by investors as unserious.”

Read the Rest Here

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Chanchit: 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
Na wah o.... Hmmm, let me keep shut, cos if i talk now, them go say ma own too much... #i'm out of here#
#turns back#
#tip toeing#
#whisper#
" Thats why Biafra rep' would never stand, when u can't stop back stabbing#
#look front, look back, pick race#

17 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Olaolufred(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Like your wife takes responsibility for whatever happened in your home.
Or your Mum takes responsibility for whatever happened in her home.
Or A wife takes decision for a weakling called husband.
You know which one explain better your lop-sided deposition.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: I am very disappointed and heartbroken. Nnaji!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you remotely believed the bolded or the story in your post, I say Nigeria is very close to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1:

If you remotely believed the bolded or the story in your post, I say Nigeria is very close to the grave.

and whats there not to believe? o i get it now, aboki man proves intergrity over okoro man grin grin HIPStraits DON'T LIE!
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by ektbear: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
The VP doesn't have the constitutional power to sack ministers, does he?
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by slimming: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
VP cannot do that without the president approval.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
ekt_bear: The VP doesn't have the constitutional power to sack ministers, does he?
slimming: VP cannot do that without the president approval.

are you two reading upside down? READ AGAIN THE BOLDED;

"
“Some stakeholders in the Southeast, led by a powerful moneybag, foresaw the likelihood of Nnaji coming from the backdoor to emerge as the sole supplier and distributor of power to the region in future. The management of a power plant in Aba by Geometric Power alluded to their fears.”

According to sources, the Southeast stakeholders capitalised on the implication of Geometric Power in the bid process to petition the NCP and the Presidency.

Another source said: “Based on the petition, which was verified by security agencies, Nnaji was confronted at the NCP meeting where he explained that he had resigned as a director of Geometric Power and put his shares in a blind trust.

But the Chairman of the NCP, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session. The bids were later cancelled, based on Nnaji’s conflict of interest.

“An official report was made to President Goodluck Jonathan on the conflict of interest of the ex-minister and the President decided that Nnaji must go.

“What pained the government was that it had assured the international community of a transparent process and the involvement of the minister’s firm cast a doubt on the integrity of the process. It was like drawing back the privatisation process.”

A government source said: “This development has grave implications for the timelines for the privatisation of the power plants and the DISCOS.

“We will be forced to adjust the timelines and we might be seen by investors as unserious.”
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: I am very disappointed and heartbroken. Nnaji!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^And how did you verify the authenticity of this 'sources' source? If i say sources told me you're a blithering fool, and go on to accept is as fact -even after you've given me your own side of the story- would that be fair on you?

Make no mistake about it.....this is Nigeria, and there's certainly more to this than what you've been told; you'll hear different things from different sources, according to what their motives are. So many things could be at play here: ego, ethnic politics, pride, jealousy, greed, etc. So lets just pray the power sector reforms continue apace and leave all this innuendo and snide remarks behind......if he's done anything criminal then sue him. Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by TechRev: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Na so for Nigerian news, Different versions must spring up, including beer parlor versions, all na news.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by ektbear: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka:
But the Chairman of the NCP, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session. The bids were later cancelled, based on Nnaji’s conflict of interest.

So....GEJ sacked Nnaji, not Sambo.

Again, Sambo does not have that power constitutionally.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by PointB: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

So....GEJ sacked Nnaji, not Sambo.

Again, Sambo does not have that power constitutionally.

That's assuming the 'sources' are indeed credible.

Barth Nnaji said he resigned voluntarily to protect the integrity of the process.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Eziachi: 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka:

and whats there not to believe? o i get it now, aboki man proves intergrity over okoro man grin grin HIPStraits DON'T LIE!
The same Aboki that presented Buhari/Ribadu to you and who did you give your vote last year?
Suddenly they have integrity.
All phoney story the poster had been pestering just because he doesn't like Jonathan, how does it make sense to you?
I thought that Nnaji works for Jonathan and not your mister integrity Sambo?
Since when do you fire someone that was appointed works for somebody else?
Why can't you guys stick to what all of us read from the same source, which is: Nnaji resigned and his boss accepted it and thanked him for his services. Where do you guys get your secondhand stories from?

3 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by ektbear: 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Right.

I'm not really arguing whether GEJ sacked Nnaji or not. My main point is, the article he quoted doesn't support Sambo sacking him...one would draw a different conclusion from the sentence in red.

Not to mention that Sambo simply doesn't have that power.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Eziachi: 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka:

are you two reading upside down? READ AGAIN THE BOLDED;

"
“Some stakeholders in the Southeast, led by a powerful moneybag, foresaw the likelihood of Nnaji coming from the backdoor to emerge as the sole supplier and distributor of power to the region in future. The management of a power plant in Aba by Geometric Power alluded to their fears.”

Another source said: “Based on the petition, which was verified by security agencies, N[b]naji was confronted at the NCP meeting where he explained that he had resigned as a director of Geometric Power and put his shares in a blind trust.[/b]

[b]But the Chairman of the NCP, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session. The bids were later cancelled, based on Nnaji’s conflict of interest.
Assuming you trusted this your point blank source to the kilt. You are suppose to reason for yourself and separate the wheat from the chaff. Or do you always believe everything you are told in life to be the truth?
What was Sambo not convinced of? That the man did not put Geometric in blind trust or not?
Since when does Sambo's personal conviction sets the tone govt policy of a govt that belongs to someone else?
Does Sambo has the right or power to walk out a minister of the state, appointed by his boss in the first place?
There are things when told, you don't need to be a genius to know that its a beer parlour talk, especially after the 7th bottle of whatever they are drinking .

8 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
My people, please use your brains. If the vice president walked a whole Minister out the session, that leaves GEJ with no option but to rubber stamp the sacking. That an official report was made to President Goodluck Jonathan on the conflict of interest of the ex-minister and the President decided that Nnaji must go; is a matter of formalities and academics.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Chyz2: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Jonathan is to blame. It was politival. I blame Igbos to follow continuous allowing jonathan to sack their people and do nothing about it.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Crayola1: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka:

Oh so integrity now means indescriminately bombing places of worship and business?
Or killing corpers because your man didn't get in?

I'm sure glad Nigeria has you guys around and thank goodness you guys were in power for most of Nigeria's independence bringing said integrity on the job...

Nigeria's a first class nation thanks to you guys...oh wait no that's not right cry

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: My people, please use your brains. If the vice president walked a whole Minister out the session, that leaves GEJ with no option but to rubber stamp the sacking. That an official report was made to President Goodluck Jonathan on the conflict of interest of the ex-minister and the President decided that Nnaji must go; is a matter of formalities and academics.

Please chucks, do you remotely believe this conjectural crap especially the part that states “Nnaji was confronted at the NCP meeting and then Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session”?

I am very disappointed in you. Even a market woman knows that dictates of protocol do not permit the VP to question a minister on issues such as the case alleged in the post.

2 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
torkaka:

What a fool’s delight. Unless Nigeria is glorified jungle, there is a presidential protocol. VP does not have constitutional leverage to question a minister on alleged issue that involves B Nnaji.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1:

Please chucks, do you remotely believe this conjectural crap especially the part that states “Nnaji was confronted at the NCP meeting and then Vice-President Namadi Sambo, was not convinced and he walked Nnaji out of the session”?

I am very disappointed in you. Even a market woman knows that dictates of protocol do not permit the VP to question a minister on issues such as the case alleged in post.

nwanne, if you live in Nigeria and in Abuja in particular, and are additionally well connected politically, you wouldn't make this kind of a dumb comment. The political class is in mourning as we speak because most had faith in Nnaji who has proved that he knows what it takes to resolve oour power problem. sambo was so shocked and surprised that he walked Nnaji out of the meeting, which he (sambo) chaired. You can dispute this fact all you want, but it is no longer news throughout Abuja.

ngwanu, use your peanut sized brain and explain to me, the rational for Nnaji's abrupt exit. Both GEJ and Nnaji blind sighted Sambo, who rightfully took the right steps to return credibility to the system.

You people should be ashamed of youselves for allowing tribalism and bigotry to affect your better judgements.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Clerverly: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Another beer parlour gossip lipsrsealed
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
ekt_bear: The VP doesn't have the constitutional power to sack ministers, does he?

You are getting bogged down with semantics. GEJ had to rubber stamp the sacking one way or the other. If GEJ had not supported Sambo's action by "asking for Nnaji's resignation sacking, he himself would have been in hot water.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

nwanne, if you live in Nigeria and in Abuja in particular, and are additionally well connected politically, you wouldn't make this kind of a dumb comment. The political class is in mourning as we speak because most had faith in Nnaji who has proved that he knows what it takes to resolve oour power problem. sambo was so shocked and surprised that he walked Nnaji out of the meeting, which he (sambo) chaired. You can dispute this fact all you want, but it is no longer news throughout Abuja.

ngwanu, use your peanut sized brain and explain to me, the rational for Nnaji's abrupt exit. Both GEJ and Nnaji blind sighted Sambo, who rightfully took the right steps to return credibility to the system.

You people should be ashamed of youselves for allowing tribalism and bigotry to affect your better judgements.

Do you seriously expect me to join with you in this pathetic child’s play? Let us momentarily and hypothetically assume this junk is true. Even if the VP is the chairman of his architectural outfit he could not have walked his General Manager out of a meeting room talk less a national issue where VP does not have such powers. In fact, no wonder Nigeria is a piece of crap. A person who has a peanut size brain could have outwitted and used you to mob the floor where the imaginary NCP meeting was held.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Onlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
LOL ndu_chucks has misfired again. Everybody knows that in the Nigerian system of government, the final buck stops at the President's table whenever ministers are involved. The VP may have powers to remove NCP officials (I may be wrong about this even), but MINISTERS are completely at the president's service (discretion).

Well, what do you expect from aboki like ndu_chucks who seeks cheap attention without caring whose ox is gored. sad

BTW I believe that Nnaji left because he did not want to be a distraction to the president's agenda.
Too many retrogrades are after the president and his transformation agenda. Nnaji understands this very well, hence his resignation. His company is even more important to him. lol
I would leave too if I were in his shoes.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by CyberG: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
The real question is why should Naji ever even bring ANY kind of conflict of interest to the system? Was he ignorant of the rules or the allure and irresistible attraction for money overwhelm all his sense of judgement and ethics? As soon as he crossed the line, all and any options and outcomes are ON the table. But watch how ibos will defend a betrayal of the system, of his bosses, a sabotage of a "working" process in as much as the betrayer is ibo.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nwoka(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chanchit: Na wah o.... Hmmm, let me keep shut, cos if i talk now, them go say ma own too much... #i'm out of here#
#turns back#
#tip toeing#
#whisper#
" Thats why Biafra rep' would never stand, when u can't stop back stabbing#
#look front, look back, pick race#
bloody tribalist,must u comment!!!!
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
I can not simply fathom what I have read about Nnaji’s resignation from some goons on this forum. When does resigning any appointment on slight instances of conflict of interest turn into a fraud? In USA, a mere head of governmental agency will resign on a slight indication of conflict of interest.

B Nnaji did the honorable thing by resigning his position due to an assumed conflict of interest and suddenly tribal irredentists turned such act into tribal bashing.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by taharqa: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hehehehe....kai, so dis is wot hatred can do to a pason?do they lose every sense of reason nd shame? GEJ must be 'clueless';dat has bn d line sm pasons hv bn shouting around, so he must not be d one dat did 'dis' ie taking a swift decision dat protects a critical govt programe. It has to be smone else, dat much shld be 'self evident' -so we ought to find 'it'; lets give it to Sambo na..okay u hv 'convinced' us. Happy?#pathetic....advice:read tru yr own article again
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ndu_chucks. Has always hated igbos to the point of clouding his reasoning. And he dsnt hide it. Check out his posts. Keep up ur job of spreading falsehood,one day it will catch up with you. Nansense!!
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by CyberG: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
Nwoka: bloody tribalist,must u comment!!!!

And every other poster who rather than question the minister who started the firestorm because of greed, betrayal and irresistible desire for money, blame the bosses who fired him instead are saints? The only reason for such is ibophibia in the warped senses! The VP had the delegated authority to walk him out. How can you ask a suspected criminal to sit at a meeting to deliberate on the outcome of his crime? Did clueless Nona and Sambo not have access to investigative reports that Naji did. It know they had? And be honest, how many Nigeria politicians and ministers actually transfer their money to a blind trust? That is a ruse because he is briefed every minute on how his money, interests and investments are doing. Now how is that a blind trust
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Onlytruth: LOL ndu_chucks has misfired again. Everybody knows that in the Nigerian system of government, the final buck stops at the BTW I believe that Nnaji left because he did not want to be a distraction to the president's agenda.
Too many retrogrades are after the president and his transformation agenda. Nnaji understands this very well, hence his resignation. His company is even more important to him. lol
I would leave too if I were in his shoes.
Nonsense.

One would have thought by now, you, Eze Ndigbo NL gburugburu, would have been sober and become more sensible and less tribalistic. Unfortunately, you have not changed at all. Nnaji resigned because his company is more important to him and because he didn't want to deal with the "retrogrades" kwo?

Let me remind you that Nnaji was buying shares of nnaji's company for the President, supposedly without the president's knowledge, by proxy. Nnaji's actions were too risky and quite dangerous to the President. Sambo saw this, and took corrective measures which the President rubber stamped. As usual, because the thief in this case is from your tribe, you've chosen to brush all the facts aside. For that, I say, Okwute Israelis piafuka gi isi. olodo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: N2.8b Cash For Ex-militants’ Stipends Withdrawn 35 Times / “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi / What Is The PHCN Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.