Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road (31202 Views)

Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by ednut1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
jayfolarin:

You got any proof for that outlandish claim? Because everything I have seen till date about him says a complete opposite. If you have a proof, I'd like to see it
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/13/things-fall-apart-in-sowores-aac/amp/ this is an example spent 150m on the last elections( donations eaten). Also out of all the parties in nigeria ameachi chose aac for river state madness. Use your brains. Same sowore helped bring bubu in.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by webngnews: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by wirinet(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
franchasng:
Why are you blaming trailers and heavy duty vehicles instead of blaming the failed government and leaders

So in order not to spoil the roads, trailers should stop plying Nigerian roads How then will people move their goods and materials since the same failed government cannot fix Nigeria's railways without being tribalistic with which routes to construct rails and which not to

Nigeria will remain a mess it is until the citizens are tired and demand good governance from the stupid failed leaders!!

Trailers and heavy duty vehicles are the main culprit of short lifespan of our expressways apart from poor design and substandard materials. In other climes containers, heavy duty goods, fuel and mass movement of people are transported using rail.

4 Likes

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Kennydoc(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
GavelSlam:

I beg you, stop comparing a country producing 2 million barrels a day at its peak yet having over 150 million people, with a country that produces 3 million barrels a day, but having 9 million people.

But even African countries without crude oil don't have this kind of road. This road is a shame on Nigerian political elite.

1 Like

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by efighter: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
I thought Goatluck Jonathan has fixed all the roads in SS and SE including the construction of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Niger Bridges. Now, hear this, if your son and saviour Goatluck did not fix your roads, then you must be silly to think that your enemy Buhari will do. You cannot work in GTB and go to UBA to request for salary

2 Likes

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
FG should give me contract to construct the road.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Kaychiz: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thank God I've relocated from these regions. My family had it's fair share in the past.

1 Like

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by GavelSlam: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Kennydoc:

But even African countries without crude oil don't have this kind of road. This road is a shame on Nigerian political elite.
Agreed we can and should do better.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by wirinet(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
seanjy4konji:
A guy upstair there made some sense...

You can never see such road in the north...

If you have a sound car...you can go 300 KMS.hr straight on some road for an hour...no shaking.
The geography, climate and traffic in the north is different from the south. Practically all goods and persons destined for the north, East, and South pass through these roads.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by lagdmark(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Belleful:
and we have a governor call the road Master. Okowa save ur people.
Okowa second term is to save for his retirement
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Awe4luv(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
mehn! this road is now worst oooo, it wasn't up to this during my service year....chai! somebody help me with that God airpus pinshure
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by TruthProphet: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
ozawo1:
Were the roads are good KIDNAPPINGS and were the roads are bad 2DAYS! Were there is Employment no SALARY and were there is Salary no Employment. My dear country I commit you in God's hands, for it is said that those who leave everything in God's Hands will surely see God's Hands in everything. Not leaders!

God cannot come down to do for you what he has already given you the power to do.

Elect better leaders and you won't have to suffer like this anymore.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Youthleader22(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
GavelSlam:

There is always one of you that cannot analyse.

Mr analyzer. The only analysis I see there is that the road is freaking bad. Most countries don’t even worry about roads anymore.
Nigeria,
Road
School
Hospital
Jobs
Workers salaries
Power
Maintenance culture
Sports

The country as a whole is bad. Nothing good is happening in Nigeria yet that dumb president is traveling the whole world, maybe trying to break the record of the most traveled president
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by akdjr(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
This road was like this for good 16yrs of PDP in both federal and state government. Gradually the progressive government will transform this country regardless of their evil plan to sabotage the process. Never again shall they return to power.

1 Like

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by tete7000(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
I remember Osinbajo in 2015 lamenting that PDP did not construct a single km of new road. 5 yrs into the useless administration they can't even keep any road throughout the country in shape. You have to travel round the country to see how this useless administration left all roads in tatters. The only thing they are good at is lying... Awon were..

1 Like

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Bulletproof: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
CapitalHYC:
Planning to ply this Route on Sunday.. is it Possible like this again?? which Kain wahala be this

I didnt use the route man, I used Warri to Abraka via Eku. You will burst out in Benin bypass.

Do same too.
Na just extra 2 hours drive.

1 Like

Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by GavelSlam: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
Youthleader22:

Mr analyzer. The only analysis I see there is that the road is freaking bad. Most countries don’t even worry about roads anymore.
Nigeria,
Road
School
Hospital
Jobs
Workers salaries
Power
Maintenance culture
Sports

The country as a whole is bad. Nothing good is happening in Nigeria yet that dumb president is traveling the whole world, maybe trying to break the record of the most traveled president

Which most countries?

Are you talking about the advanced world ?

Come to terms with the fact that your country is incapable of producing a bicycle.

Perhaps when you do, many of you would move to complaints and comments to production and practice.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by kenx1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
NEXT LEVEL
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
tillaman:
AND there’s a siting governor in that state!
Senator, representative self follow?? Ineptitude everywhere
chey nah Federal road?
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by tillaman(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
erico2k2:

chey nah Federal road?
we already know our president is doing world tour! We don’t have a president sir
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by TruthinAction: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
And it's supposed to be a 30 minutes journey. The people should be given the right to sack any government that is not performing. Wicked polithiefians.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by smasher1(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
AutoReportNG:
This road in Sapele, Warri in Delta state can humble you especially when you are going for an appointment that needs you to be in Warri in no time. The Warri-Sapele Road is no respecter of anyone, once you are on this road, you are likely to spend at least two days moving like a snail.

This road was shared by an expatriate and some road users that were going to Sapele for business. According to them, they have been stuck on this road for days. The road is in real mess such that trucks, cars are struck for days due to the bad roads and inability for cars to navigate the road easily.

The Warri- Sapele Road has been left untouched for years despite the state having one of the highest in terms of allocations, almost half of roads in Delta state are unmotorable. The Warri-Sapele road is less than 10 years after it was dualized by SETRACO GROUP and since then maintenance seems to have stopped and no followup was done since 2009.

The road is so bad that it will take you at least 2 days to get to your destination if you ply this road. Many road users are tired and angry that both federal and state government are not willing to do anything on this road.

AutoReportNG got some pictures from twitter and some from other social media pages.

These are some of the photos of the road...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ZpYQ7HH9kio/XYN9Z3_7C8I/AAAAAAAAf0E/VPpBcpNj_g0GxoCBtF-1A5P-8Kt_4xiwACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/EErFNfWW4AYNMma.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-kmqQFK40xGs/XYN8SZAKZGI/AAAAAAAAfx0/OwTYpQxGEvAOhEMfU62bQNa8wQKfKPoWgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/0%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-P4lWPfikEME/XYN8SXJ278I/AAAAAAAAfxw/CUbQGOWqJgMjhNcdnGFZVsU4eLXQ6yMRACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/0%2B%25282%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Hgp7vIR7tIM/XYN8UG7IVFI/AAAAAAAAfx8/YDo0q5ZRLa4UFp6xSa6RTF-tmYE76PK3wCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/0%2B%25284%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-8My3iSchJX0/XYN8UdOBwWI/AAAAAAAAfyA/c69-x6KFGFgiYIEh6YbWgO4JiHZV2WaLwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/0.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RMsu-z26tdM/XYN8UQdn3hI/AAAAAAAAfyE/vCOL2xmhp4QMyei-Rt94zSkewecK81zmgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/EEr0b-SWwAI2Fww.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-h6EGLJU0nKE/XYN8VBlDwUI/AAAAAAAAfyI/qYVTdaro6FYqaoAr1Yfc3fMDXp85gFBdACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/EEr0hdcXsAEncUN.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6kVvVoiazkY/XYN8WDuKO3I/AAAAAAAAfyU/5M0eQSo5EKgag-YXaxk-am-lsbC0pK11wCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/EEr1anzWsAMqtJG.jpg[/img]

We can't exhaust all the photos and videos here, if you want to see more images and videos, please check on the source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxeTKe3zYKE

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/09/warri-sapele-road-you-cant-ply-this.html

Get your facts right. It was dualized by Julius Berger between 2004-6. Benin Warri Road 90km. Why it got this bad, I don't know as the other part of the road from Sapele to Benin is in better shape.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by smasher1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
obailala:
How exactly did this road degenerate so quickly? shocked shocked I passed this place a couple of months ago and didnt notice any issues.

That's the issue. I passed that road October 2018, less than a year ago and it was fine. We need to know the role the people of that place may have played to get this road in such a shape in a short period of time.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Malawian(m): 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
KINGEAGLE1:
them nor get governor

Why your governor no build Lagos-Ibadan Expressway?
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2019
ednut1:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/13/things-fall-apart-in-sowores-aac/amp/ this is an example spent 150m on the last elections( donations eaten). Also out of all the parties in nigeria ameachi chose aac for river state madness. Use your brains. Same sowore helped bring bubu in.

Looks like you the one without a brain function if you allude in-party tussle that could very well be as a result of external instigation a case of corruption? I said give me a case where sowore had pretended to fight for the masses but instead selfishly lined his pocket NOT some blind partisan bullcrap like you are spewing.

If people like fela, Mandela, fani fawehinmi, Malcom x and martin luther were still alive, people like you will also make atrocious claims about their movements. It's pathetic
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by ednut1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
jayfolarin:

Looks like you the one without a brain function if you allude in-party tussle that could very well be as a result of external instigation a case of corruption? I said give me a case where sowore had pretended to fight for the masses but instead selfishly lined his pocket NOT some blind partisan bullcrap like you are spewing.
the sham of an election he did against buhari is a pointer he was only after the donation funds. He will rot in dss detention till 2023. Arrogant fake activist
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by nep2ra(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
No hope for the black man.

Even the God they call upon has abandoned them to their folly.

Having minds but still useless.

The most backward race to traverse the face of Earth.

Tueh!
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
Niger Delta! They are their own worst enemies.

They take 13℅ before everyone else, yet they have nothing to show for it. 9 out of 10 naira end up in their leaders' private accounts

Why not repair crucial roads like this with some of that oil cash and later pursue reimbursement from FGN? They prefer to embezzle all the money via fictitious projects instead.
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
ednut1:
the sham of an election he did against buhari is a pointer he was only after the donation funds. He will rot in dss detention till 2023. Arrogant fake activist

Really? He was literally the ONLY candidate that toured the whole country without godfather money or 'big party' financing and you think he did it for campaign money. Are you intentionally slow or is this just a really bad case of blind partisanship?
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by Fash20: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
And you called that pit a road
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by ednut1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
jayfolarin:

Really? He was literally the ONLY candidate that toured the whole country without godfather money or 'big party' financing and you think he did it for campaign money. Are you intentionally slow or is this just a really bad case of blind partisanship?
yet scored 30k votes. A joke of a man. U better grow up if u think anyone can fight for nigeria. Its all about pockets
Re: Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road by richiepolymer(m): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
lipsrsealed
The panacea to this is to have a well design transportation system. Railway should retire all these useless trailers destroying the roads. Go to benin bypass and see how trailers are destroying the road and have the road into truck park.

JubrinElSudan:
Na so....Thats for people that don't know about the road, maybe people coming from the Bayelsa, Rivers state axis of the East West road to the Southwest or North or vice versa. Areas like us wey dey ply the route almost everyday., we dey use keke reach the bad spot, use leg cross, enter motor wey dey drop passengers from Benin/Oghara/Sapele. Before, drivers go through Eku to come out at Amukpe roundabout but that route has been destroyed by the trailers too. The truth is that trailers and trucks are the number one road spoilers in Nigeria before you consider effect of bad construction or rain. They destroyed that route, they destroyed the Adeje route, they destroyed Eku route. It's terrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk Policemen Cause Accident In Uyo, Many Injured (Photos) / Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night / Many Passengers Stranded As Abuja-kaduna Train Derails Inside Bush (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.