Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) (18334 Views)

Presidential Poll: Allow Judiciary Do Their Work, Gowon Cautions Litigants / Hoodlums Lay Siege To Lagos Court, Judges, Litigants, Others Run For Safety / Three Bodies Recovered As Flood Ravages Abuja’s Trademoore Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Elchicolo: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Not only were vehicles submerged, offices were flooded with files and documents impacted.

Most affected was the Abuja division, sitting on the lower end of the sprawling structure, which also houses the Court of Appeal headquarters.

“Some of our files were affected. We intend to work with lawyers in cases affected, for replacement. We have never had it so bad,” a senior official, who prayed not to be named, said.

Another, who sought to be identified with her first name, Juliet, said her car was among the vehicles that were affected.

“We had to escape without our vehicles. We were only able to recover our vehicle the next day, when the flood receded.

“My car is currently with the mechanics. They are battling to fix it. The car was totally submerged in the flood.

“Beside the engine that is said to have been affected, all the documents I had in the car were also affected,” she said.

A lawyer, Isaac Okechukwu said he was in court to ascertain the condition of things upon being informed about the development.

“I heard that the court was flooded and some offices and case files affected. I came to see if my cases were among those affected,” Okechukwu said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/staff-litigants-groan-as-flood-ravages-appeal-court-in-abuja/

2 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by DemigodZeus147(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
Naija which way...

5 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by SLAP44: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
That woman of a president ruling this country and paying the media to launder his image should see this.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Racoon(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
shocked This is Abuja court? The picture just simply shows the rot and corruption in Nigeria under this screwed up govt.

Meanwhile, where are those mummified zombies of this useless government that were pasting flooded picture of Akanu Ibiam Airport as a sign of failed govt under Jonathan?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
I have been to this place before, you can go in and practically walk out with a case file and no one would notice.

35 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by suskaojajhah: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bad government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Riversides2003(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is obviously APC at work lol.

12 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by ineccd: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chai

1 Like

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

See case files dhan dabaru..

1 Like

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by AbdulHakeem44(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
See plenty files in a single office in this computer age. We sha no wan commot one place

19 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by izenco2005(m): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
I no talk again shocked

8 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Wetin concern me

As long as my affidavit is not tampered

My cows are doing well in daura, what else

38 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is serious.

4 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hmmm what should we now expect if the rain last one week?

It means both the court, judge and others will be carried by the flood grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by chukel(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
Did those guys drive into the flood or the flood met those cars parked there?
Add: I think the avalon was parked under the car canopy. Owner had to mobilise people to push it into the compound before flood submerged it completely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by sentorial: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
Shame to the citizens of this country who can't call their leaders to accountability.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Iceness: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
RIP to all those cars!!

1 Like

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by patorial(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
I wish same rain can hit aso villa

2 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by tolumizzy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
tongue
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by jk200: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nature don close most of the case files.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
The seat of the capital is to be exceptional, why this nonsense.

We ship from China to Nigeria.Check my siggy
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
An appeal court that its environment does not have a proper plan

Does Nigeria even follow master plan?

2 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by ozawo1(m): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
When capital begins to sink, States should start patronizing Nike canvas!

1 Like

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by barinedan(m): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
How Can A Government That Cannot Protect Its Facilities Guarantee The Safety Of Its Citizens?

2 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by abrahamadadhe(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
Are you feeling me?

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by seanjy4konji: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
no case file no court...

Mke the people awaiting hearing should just buy extra power bank cos they have reach what yoruba call?

BODE WAA SIN MI.
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
And that woman Bulkachuwa is rolling up and down angling for Buhari while her official engagements drown!

3 Likes

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by nabegibeg: 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Mays24(f): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is 21st century, delicated files like that should be loaded digitally.
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mays24:
This is 21st century, delicated files like that should be loaded digitally.

I heard there are printers/scanners that scan and save to file with diditally assigned file numbers.

Some agencies are really backward, this one is on the court and their administrators.; Anyways, let's hope they have digital copies

Some mumu people up there would be commenting poo, dragging the government out upandan: bad govt this, bad govt that. Do you people have brains?

Even in developed countries they have floods that damage property worth billions.

It's a natural disaster, sympathize with them and give the government a break for once. Sh!t heads
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by FKMagazine(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
This year's flood is the highest I have seen in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afenifere: ‘Blame Tinubu, Akande, Fayemi If South West Loses 2023 Presidency’ / No Opposition In Zamfara, Concentrate On Other States, Marafa Tells Tinubu / Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.