Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? (6367 Views)

What Is "South South"? ; Actor Chidi Mokeme Asks / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Why Is South East The Poorest Region In The South? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
The North being powerful is a MYTH... You can believe whatever you want.

Most of you who think they are so powerful do not pay attention to the kind of moves they make when they feel threatened. I thought some persons gave an ultimatum over RUGA? why hasn't their plan carried out? I know many of you have forgotten about that threat and ultimatum. They could not do anything because the entire SOUTH was united against their plans.

I have read from Nairaland to Twitter the numerous mockery that is trailing Prof Osibanjo's recent travails.

Personally, this is unfair on a person like him and I will give you my reason.

Make no mistake, the reason for his recent attack by whomever is because of the few good moves he made as acting president.

How can you all forget so soon that this man, during his FIRST hand over , united the entire South WITHIN 72 HOURS of being handed to? Just how can you all. This is unfair.

Do you know that Buhari's people didn't like that?

Because of just that alone, they warned him, which is the reason for his withdrawal during his second handover and then came the relegation to sending him on irrelevant errands, a whole SAN, a VP, something that has never been done before.

I know some persons will want to mouth over the immediate paragraph, but let me ask you: Can you subject a Northerner to same if the table was turned?

You all will better start using your stupid brains.

Osibanjo does not deserve this kind of treatment he is currently getting because he did the little he could within the briefest window he could get.

Do not forget he was the one that sacked DSS boss laying siege on Senate and elected a Southerner to replace him but what did Buhari do when he got back? He replaced with a Northerner and you think they liked what Osibanjo did there?

Listen up, irrespective of our political differences in the South, we must learn to protect our own when it matter most.

You will not find those Northerners who usually join South West to attack their fellow Southerners when it favours them on an issue like this and we all know why...

Osibanjo does not deserve this kind of mockery... but I know the South have been cursed never to unite and one of the culprit is their "education"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by solmusdesigns: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
only ibos mock Osinbajo we the other southerners like him

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Olanipekun1: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
[/s]

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by kettykin: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
i hope Osinbajo and Tinubu will not become Chief Wailing wailers by 2023 ?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Biety: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
The southern people except Igbos are solidly behind Osinbajo.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by mrvitalis(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
Biety:
Where are u from

Need i remind u north needed online south west infact 50% of south west to win 2015

Now they have 80% of south east ,n 60% of south south ....

Do u guys really in your mind want to ask south to support south west in 2023 ? ...i go see the face una go use ask

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
I am igbo... a full blooded igbo. I created this thread, now shut your mouth and get out of this thread.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
Biety:
Go to twitter where you can see people's name and see even Yoruba's are mocking him.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by mrvitalis(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
Name your tribe are u ashamed ? ...south south would back yorubas ...in ur mind

2015 is not a long time ago

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by agwom(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by solmusdesigns: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Name your tribe are u ashamed ? ...south south would back yorubas ...in ur mind

2015 is not a long time ago

South South isnt a tribe but a geopolitical zone with 100s of tribes from benin to ibibio and efik to kalabari and ijaw, isoko and urhobo... so stop fuming

4 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Olanipekun1: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

South South isnt a tribe but a geopolitical zone with 100s of tribes from benin to ibibio and efik to kalabari and ijaw, isoko and urhobo... so stop fuming
[/s]

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by mrvitalis(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Oga i grew up in ph ,based in uyo i know south south more than u ...so tell me the tribe that would back south west

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Biety: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Where are u from

Need i remind u north needed online south west infact 50% of south west to win 2015

Now they have 80% of south east ,n 60% of south south ....

Do u guys really in your mind want to ask south to support south west in 2023 ? ...i go see the face una go use ask
You people know nothing about politics,only emotion una sabi.

The handwritting is on the wall that power is coming to SW by 2023. The support Gbaja got from Buhari against a major Northern contestant is a pointer that he'll anoint a SW sucessor.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by izombie(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
We mock osinbajo because he has not protected the interest of the south. Do you see him speak out against the numerous herdsmen attacks in the south? Do you see him speak out against ruga? That's why we mock him. He's just a passenger in this administration. Buhari says go left, osinbajo will go left. Buhari will say go right, osinbajo will go right. Being vp does not stop anyone from saying the truth. Osinbajo should've spoken out. I feel no pity for him.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Biety: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
Sleevia:
Go to twitter where you can see people's name and see even Yoruba's are mocking him.
Forget it, Nigerians can fake anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by mrvitalis(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Biety:

You people know nothing about politics,only emotion una sabi.

The handwritting is on the wall that power is coming to SW by 2023. The support Gbaja got from Buhari against a major Northern contestant is a pointer that he'll anoint a SW sucessor.
Lol this one dunno whats going on

Do u really think north would leave a PDP northern candidate and vote a yoruba man because of APC ?

Lol so power is now handed over ...not taken again

Well im sure u know the truth u just they form

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by unohbethel(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
We niger deltas hate him more than d igbos sef ... So Bleep out

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Scream(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
http://saharareporters.com/2018/12/23/osinbajo-buhari%E2%80%99s-victory-2019-guarantee-s%E2%80%99west-presidency-2023
Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by netpro(m): 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
The North will just sit back and watch the South tire themselves apart. While the North will retain power with ease.

It is the rat inside that told the one outside where the food is kept.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by MikeBetty(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
I Stop Reading This Nonsense When You Called The Entire Reader Stupid. You Must Be A Fool For Saying Osibanjo United The Entire South. In What Way? Perhaps That Must Be In Imaginary World. A Pastor That Told International Community That The Kidnapping In His Country Is Over Exaggerated Yet A Month Letter He Said It Is Getting Out Of Hand. Maybe Because A Leader Was Attacked. I Remember How People Jubilated Because A Pastor Is Now VP, What Did He Do When A Fellow Pastor Of The Same Denomination Was Beheaded? The Worst To Happen To Any Pastor Is To Lie When The Congregants Knows He Is Lying. How Far About Tradermoni? Are There No Longer Poor Traders In Need Of #10,000 After General Election? The Bible Said Judgment Starts Here On Earth.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
Biety:

Forget it, Nigerians can fake anything.
Even @Segalink is faking it and other popular persons like Deji Adeyanju are fake? this is the problem with you APC idiots from the South.

18 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
netpro:
The North will just sit back and watch the South tire themselves apart. While the North will retain power with ease.

It is the rat inside that told the one outside where the food is kept.
That is it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by FearGodinall: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
Listen up, irrespective of our political differences in the South, we must learn to protect our own when it matter most.

Tell that to the SW.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by MetaPhysical: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
Sleevia:

Please dont use name on any social media to count ethnicity. E v en in fb where people put pictures you wil be amazed how many are not true identity.

Anyway i like your opening. I agree the power accorded North is mythical and ive written personally about this many times. North is what we make it, nothing special. I also like how you concluded, what we call education is nothing more than ability to read and write and interprwte but in actuality we are not brighter than North. They act what they know, we in South talk what we know. Talking doesnt get result, action does. Thats why they have an edge. If we will act what we know, their mythical make belief power will be broken.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
MikeBetty:
I Stop Reading This Nonsense When You Called The Entire Reader Stupid. You Must Be A Fool For Saying Osibanjo United The Entire South. In What Way? Perhaps That Must Be In Imaginary World. A Pastor That Told International Community That The Kidnapping In His Country Is Over Exaggerated Yet A Month Letter He Said It Is Getting Out Of Hand. Maybe Because A Leader Was Attacked. I Remember How People Jubilated Because A Pastor Is Now VP, What Did He Do When A Fellow Pastor Of The Same Denomination Was Beheaded? The Worst To Happen To Any Pastor Is To Lie When The Congregants Knows He Is Lying.
I understand you, but what do you think the North will do in a situation like this? We must always have that at the back of our mind.

Yes, he betrayed the South in some areas when it matter most at the expense of the lives but you and I know that he is playing to agreed plans, probably for sake of Tinubu's 2023...

Well on the issue of being a pastor, that one no concern me because I am not a religious bigot and nobody can use that too fool me. In fact I was telling a man yesterday to leave God out of his lies and deceit over money he is owing a friend after being paid the money from the person he claimed was delaying the money.

So if people fell for that pastor tag, they have themselves to blame for that. Most of you are not aware of the amount of crime people get away with just by bearing Pastor...

They are all fighting for their stomach and there was an agreement, which he must uphold, even if people are dying. I am addressing your religious angle above which is, he should protect people because he is a pastor and I say that folly rest solely on those who think Nigerian pastors give a fork about them. Was Adeboye not the ring leader in that department? What has he done or said... is Adeboye not the head of that church? if Adeboye does nothing, is it Osinbajo you expect to do something?

This thread has nothing to do with the religious affiliation of things because once politics is involved, just forget religion and anybody who tell you he is pastor and a politician is a liar. The muslims pray 5 times daily, yet they are the ones that perpetrated that evil you stated, their leaders pray 5 times daily but turned a blind eye.

What I am saying in essence is bring bible and bring stomach... your pastor will protect his stomach before the bible... FACT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by goodnessme1(f): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nothing like south,is either south south,south east and west.

Am from delta state,we south south are ever ready to support yorubas the way they supported GEJ in 2015.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by goodnessme1(f): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
MikeBetty:
I Stop Reading This Nonsense When You Called The Entire Reader Stupid. You Must Be A Fool For Saying Osibanjo United The Entire South. In What Way? Perhaps That Must Be In Imaginary World. A Pastor That Told International Community That The Kidnapping In His Country Is Over Exaggerated Yet A Month Letter He Said It Is Getting Out Of Hand. Maybe Because A Leader Was Attacked. I Remember How People Jubilated Because A Pastor Is Now VP, What Did He Do When A Fellow Pastor Of The Same Denomination Was Beheaded? The Worst To Happen To Any Pastor Is To Lie When The Congregants Knows He Is Lying. How Far About Tradermoni? Are There No Longer Poor Traders In Need Of #10,000 After General Election? The Bible Said Judgment Starts Here On Earth.
I was about to ask how he unity the south before i see this your comment.

Sleevia will you mind to tell us how your osibanjo unity the south.did he changed the 97% and 5% formula.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by LegendHero(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
Seems a lot of you don’t understand what is at stake and the kind of power play going on. Like I’ve always said, the myth that the north cannot be defeated will be nullified in 2023.

There is only one thing I know and the fact is that even if the North retain power in 2023, anything it’s coming to the South it will still be the SW. the reason is simple and it’s evident judging by Nigeria history post civil war.

The Igbos can try all they can to solicit for northern alliance in 2023 like they’ve always do pre-2015, but even if an Igbo man is the senate president, house of rep, or SSG, they will never be supported as a president by the North.

Also a fact is that the APC will field a South westerner in 2023 no matter what, whether the Northerner in PDP will defeat the APC or not should be left to the voters and rigging machinery of the party in power.

I keep saying for SW to retain the presidency, they need to front Fashola/El-Rufai, if APC make the mistake of fielding Osinbajo thinking the SE will vote for him because he is a Christian, then they are in for the worst mistake of their life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
goodnessme1:
I was about to ask how he unity the south before i see this your comment.

Sleevia will you mind to tell us how your osibanjo unity the south.did he changed the 97% and 5% formula.
Thank you.

If you recall well, when he was first handed over to, he was constantly traveling to meet with raging factions, he was constantly holding meetings, at a time when the Niger Delta was highly tensed in search of Tompolo, do not let anybody fool that it was Buhari's instructions... It was never.

Even herdsmen crisis was almost reduced to the nearest minimum.

After a while, tension reduced but when Buhari came back, everything turned upside down.

What I think he did wrong was not upholding his self worth when it matter most, like during killing of that RCCG member and others...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by Sleevia: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
LegendHero:
Seems a lot of you don’t understand what is at stake and the kind of power play going on. Like I’ve always said, the myth that the north cannot be defeated will be nullified in 2023.

There is only one thing I know and the fact is that even if the North retain power in 2023, anything it’s coming to the South it will still be the SW. the reason is simple and it’s evident judging by Nigeria history post civil war.

The Igbos can try all they can to solicit for northern alliance in 2023 like they’ve always do pre-2015, but even if an Igbo man is the senate president, house of rep, or SSG, they will never be supported as a president by the North.

Also a fact is that the APC will field a South westerner in 2023 no matter what, whether the Northerner in PDP will defeat the APC or not should be left to the voters and rigging machinery of the party in power.

I keep saying for SW to retain the presidency, they need to front Fashola/El-Rufai, if APC make the mistake of fielding Osinbajo thinking the SE will vote for him because he is a Christian, then they are in for the worst mistake of their life.

What is this one saying? You are an evil person. This thread was not created to pitch igbos vs yoruba but you are pulling that string. What kind of country do some of you even want? I don't understand you at all?

Do u want this country to move forward or not... I am asking you personally.

15 Likes

Re: Why Is South Mocking Osibanjo? by goodnessme1(f): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
Sleevia:
Thank you.

If you recall well, when he was first handed over to, he was constantly traveling to meet with raging factions, he was constantly holding meetings, at a time when the Niger Delta was highly tensed in search of Tompolo, do not let anybody fool that it was Buhari's instructions... It was never.

Even herdsmen crisis was almost reduced to the nearest minimum.

After a while, tension reduced but when Buhari came back, everything turned upside down.

What I think he did wrong was not upholding his self worth when it matter most, like during killing of that RCCG member and others...

So uniting the south is holding meetings in Niger Delta because of highly
tensed in search of Tompolo,

I want to know how he unity the south.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware Of This Guy, He's A Fraudster / No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police / For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.