Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande (18184 Views)

Osun APC Crisis: Bisi Akande Mediates In Oyetola, Aregbesola Rift (Photos) / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by guynextdoor(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2019
franchasng:
Sadly, I agree with you!

Not just Detroit, Soweto in SA, Jamaica, Haiti, etc. Why can't we have just 1 or 2 or 3 purely black nations doing exploit like European countries, so that other black nations can look up to them as example

We keep saying Nigeria is a mess because of corruption and bad leadership, but despite corruption in Ukraine, and Yugoslavia and Estonia, and many other East Europe and Asian countries, they are still advancing and doing exploits in their nations.

Serbia and Montenegro are sworn enemies who hate each other cos of ethnicity difference and they fought for so many decades but still you cannot compare Serbia or Estonia with any black nation on earth!

Black race have a fundamental problem from the origin of the world, and the only way out is to look inwards and begin to find solution to that natural weakness of the black race as a way of seeking for liberation.

Black dominated cities in US are usually the most crime ridden, why

Gabon and Equotoria Guinea are small black nations with so much crude oil and gold, why are they still a mess of a country despite having small population with lots of mineral resources I am sure if Gabon or Equatorial Guinea were a white or pale skin country, they would have been Paradise where all blacks will be struggling to migrate to go enjoy already made goodies as usual. Its a shame, I do feel ashamed of the black race most times, we lack creativity, we lack technological innovation and the ability to create something from nothing like white race angry
I share your sentiments, bro. And to add to the list of black dominated areas of the world that are retrogressive, I like to point you to the aborigines who were the original occupants of Australia, but are nowhere to be found today 'cos, I guess, they could not keep up with the pace of development which the whites brought. Hence, they crawled into the bush. I have said, again & again, that there's something about the black man which they're not telling us. Why is it so hard to organize ourselves, and move forward as a people like every other race? Now, having said that, I do not agree that we are intellectual inferiors to other races. I was amazed to discover that blacks are responsible for some of the major inventions in the world. Some of the brightest minds in the world are black-skin people. What we lack is that ability to organise ourselves, and I believe it's borne out of hatred for one another. Hate is our problem! Given the right environment(which we lack), the black man will excel. Why do you suppose that the average student here in Naija suddenly becomes a guru once he goes abroad. I'm saying this cos I have friends like that, who were considered dunce here, but today they've become profs abroad, and are garnering all sorts of accolades. Even as an individual, I have some inventions which I've perfected over the years, and just waiting for the right environment before letting it out. Years ago, a good friend of mine, who is exceptionally good in maths, came up with some mathematical concepts that could help solve some societal problems. He searched for a platform to express what he had discovered but none gave him a chance. Somehow, he ended up at NTA, and guess the condition they gave him? They asked him to go buy a blackboard, and some chalk. Needless to say, he left dissappointed and started writing to some white guys abroad for assistance. I don't know how far with his discoveries because it's been so many years I heard from him. So, you see my friend, there are potentials here but the majority here are wicked! We don't like one another! Maybe its the skin color, I can't tell. The matter taya me sef sad
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by greenguy: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2019
I doubt Nigeria will exist in the next ten years.

This signs ain't good.
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 20, 2019
Yeah, no thanks to selfish elders like him who sacrificed the future of the unborn generations in exchange for their own ill-gotten comfort and glory, today.
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by seanjy4konji: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2019
aFTER YOU ALL LOOTD THE COFFERS dry...now you know 40 years time is not evitable..we are already minig skulls,cutting each other vital organs,accidental discharge and kidnapping rich men to get money from them to survive...

small small it will reach all you looters and your bloods and that of your children will flow like a river...you will all bath in eat,drink in it and be merry fo you turned us into monsters..Majority of nigerians are criminals..the so called pastor and alfas are the ones with the most functioning pricks now.

In our eyes while alive will the children of looter be castrated and rapped by Hot diseased infested men.

The sorrows of the destroyers of this nation will know no limit...

Nigerias grave has been dig and decorated already...the mourners are just still looking at the coffin hoping and praying he might rise up from the casket.

Hate and selfishness is the problem...just one man wants to have 10 billion dollars in his account without thinking of 100 million citizen that will suffer all because he has d power..the other are lesser men and h must be worshipped.
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by Alashoalash10: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2019
JosEast:
..says Nigerians live in fear

Former Acting National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Bisi Akande, says every Nigerian lives in fear, warning that a nation that remains like this may celebrate its 60th independence anniversary but will never celebrate 100 years.

Speaking yesterday in Lagos during the public presentation of a book, “The Bisi Akande Phenomenon?” edited by Lai Olurode and Dhikhrullah Yagboyaju, he said Nigeria was most enjoyable 50 years ago. The former governor of Osun State stressed that it was high time Nigeria examined its laws which he noted were “military decree-based”. He said he believed in restructuring as being advocated in some quarters but restructuring is difficult in Nigeria.

“The phenomenon of the country must be examined among three things and the first is our education. It seems to me that our education is colonial. It ends in literacy without numeracy,” he suggested. He said education of Nigerians in every community must be science-based to advance the technological base of the community. He said, “Secondly, I think our laws are military decree based and these military decree based laws cannot be used to sustain democracy. As long as we use these military decree based laws, our democracy will never prosper.

“Thirdly, our religions are mostly imported and because of that, we seem neither to be good Christians, good Muslims or good idolists. We merely live in fear and when there are problems, we have no laboratories to go, so we retire to churches and mosques for vigils. “A country that remains like this may celebrate its 60th independence anniversary but will never celebrate 100 years.

I think until all these three are looked at and addressed, or let me use the word; restructured – I believe in all these ethnic and political restructuring, but they are difficult to restructure.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigeria-may-not-celebrate-100th-independence-anniversary-bisi-akande.html
I say amen to this prophecy
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by franchasng: 9:48am On Sep 20, 2019
guynextdoor:

I share your sentiments, bro. And to add to the list of black dominated areas of the world that are retrogressive, I like to point you to the aborigines who were the original occupants of Australia, but are nowhere to be found today 'cos, I guess, they could not keep up with the pace of development which the whites brought. Hence, they crawled into the bush. I have said, again & again, that there's something about the black man which they're not telling us. Why is it so hard to organize ourselves, and move forward as a people like every other race? Now, having said that, I do not agree that we are intellectual inferiors to other races. I was amazed to discover that blacks are responsible for some of the major inventions in the world. Some of the brightest minds in the world are black-skin people. What we lack is that ability to organise ourselves, and I believe it's borne out of hatred for one another. Hate is our problem! Given the right environment(which we lack), the black man will excel. Why do you suppose that the average student here in Naija suddenly becomes a guru once he goes abroad. I'm saying this cos I have friends like that, who were considered dunce here, but today they've become profs abroad, and are garnering all sorts of accolades. Even as an individual, I have some inventions which I've perfected over the years, and just waiting for the right environment before letting it out. Years ago, a good friend of mine, who is exceptionally good in maths, came up with some mathematical concepts that could help solve some societal problems. He searched for a platform to express what he had discovered but none gave him a chance. Somehow, he ended up at NTA, and guess the condition they gave him? They asked him to go buy a blackboard, and some chalk. Needless to say, he left dissappointed and started writing to some white guys abroad for assistance. I don't know how far with his discoveries because it's been so many years I heard from him. So, you see my friend, there are potentials here but the majority here are wicked! We don't like one another! Maybe its the skin color, I can't tell. The matter taya me sef sad
You are absolutely correct, that inability of the black race to lead themselves to advancement and mutual/collective development is the major natural weakness of the black race.

Black race suffers from the problem of selfishness and mutual hatred for one another.

Once a black man survives and takes care of his immediate family members, the rest of the world can go to hell for all he cares and this is the reason black leaders and people in positions of authority loot public fund, engage in bribery and all manner of corruption.

That is why whenever I hear people say Buhari is fighting corruption, I get so angered because Buhari himself represent corruption because again tribalism and ethnicism which Buhari is the father is the mother of all forma of corruption in Nigeria and black African nations as a whole.

Buhari deserves to be in jail not in leadership, that's if Nigeria was a working nation with majority of sensible people angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by paperboi147: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2019
If this democratic system of government is not enjoyable let's go back to military system
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by gudugudumeje: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2019
This man, his book and his editors are cowards lacking courage and the will to face the challenge of resisting subjugation and stifled competition such that make 1999 Constitution the pressure cooker of injustices and foulings to Nig.(ns) and the nationalities. That is only for the local colonialists to fester...
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by francisisking: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2019
post=82393879:

This is so true.

ETHNICITY / TRIBALISM and RELIGION shenanigans are the 2 main things that may not let our nation truly celebrate 100 years.
Our politicians have used that to divide us for many decades now.
And the youth still refuse to use their head to free their selves from that evil shackles.

But, we will always remain positive about our nation and we will still be around to celebrate 100 years of our nation 40 years from now,
So shall it be in Jesus name for us and for everyone that want to witness that glorious day.

God bless Nigeria.

Dat one sef dey!

It will start from your thin head.
even God cannot answer that prayer
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by Onyi4live(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2019
I believe in one Nigeria where no part of the country feels cheated
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by tck2000(m): 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
post=82393879:

This is so true.

ETHNICITY / TRIBALISM and RELIGION shenanigans are the 2 main things that may not let our nation truly celebrate 100 years.
Our politicians have used that to divide us for many decades now.
And the youth still refuse to use their head to free their selves from that evil shackles.

But, we will always remain positive about our nation and we will still be around to celebrate 100 years of our nation 40 years from now,
So shall it be in Jesus name for us and for everyone that want to witness that glorious day.

God bless Nigeria.

Dat one sef dey!

It will start from your thin head.
Amen
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by Staro: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
Obviously
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by gudugudumeje: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
[b][/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. Except PDP would continue to pass for nothing other a laissez-faire party and power mongers, megalomaniac lot who are not for the people but themselves to be found in power and posts of authority to enjoy the glamours of office leaving out the responsibilites and these protests as cowards and irresponsible lots and cheats, it is high time PDP men and women take up the resistance to draconian rule of Buhari as the only most portent opposition in Nig. Or, else it should be ready to fizzle. And moreover expect to be crushed to pebbles by Buhari whiie other party takes its position soon. A stitch in time saves nine. Your democratic institute, NWC and BoT should wake up. There are several foot soldiers waiting for you
Re: Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande by gudugudumeje: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
[b][/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. Except PDP would continue to pass for nothing other a laissez-faire party and power mongers, megalomaniac lot who are not for the people but themselves to be found in power and posts of authority to enjoy the glamours of office leaving out the responsibilites and these protests as cowards and irresponsible lots and cheats, it is high time PDP men and women take up the resistance to draconian rule of Buhari as the only most portent opposition in Nig. Or, else it should be ready to fizzle. And moreover expect to be crushed to pebbles by Buhari whiie other party takes its position soon. A stitch in time saves nine. Your democratic institute, NWC and BoT should wake up. There are several foot soldiers waiting for you[b][/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. Except PDP would continue to pass for nothing other a laissez-faire party and power mongers, megalomaniac lot who are not for the people but themselves to be found in power and posts of authority to enjoy the glamours of office leaving out the responsibilites and these protests as cowards and irresponsible lots and cheats, it is high time PDP men and women take up the resistance to draconian rule of Buhari as the only most portent opposition in Nig. Or, else it should be ready to fizzle. And moreover expect to be crushed to pebbles by Buhari whiie other party takes its position soon. A stitch in time saves nine. Your democratic institute, NWC and BoT should wake up. There are several foot soldiers waiting for you[b][/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. [/b]PDP Should Brace Up and Step Up Protests Against. Buhari's Atrocious/Anti-people Policies. Except PDP would continue to pass for nothing other a laissez-faire party and power mongers, megalomaniac lot who are not for the people but themselves to be found in power and posts of authority to enjoy the glamours of office leaving out the responsibilites and these protests as cowards and irresponsible lots and cheats, it is high time PDP men and women take up the resistance to draconian rule of Buhari as the only most portent opposition in Nig. Or, else it should be ready to fizzle. And moreover expect to be crushed to pebbles by Buhari whiie other party takes its position soon. A stitch in time saves nine. Your democratic institute, NWC and BoT should wake up. There are several foot soldiers waiting for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diezani Moves To Recover Seized Assets, Applies To Court / Buhari Is Better Than Tinubu – Nigerians Cry Out As Rising Cost Of Living Bites / Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.