Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo (18165 Views)

"Buhari Is Fit To Work" - Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner / Paul Arkwright Visits Saraki In African Outfit (Photos) / "Ebonyi Roads Are Best In South-East", Paul Arkwright British High Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by PrettyCrystal: 3:46am On Nov 24, 2016
British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Paul Arkwright on Wednesday assured Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state that his country would assist to woo international companies to drive the economy of Edo state.

The High Commissioner gave the assurance when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Obaseki in government house.

Mr. Paul Arwright, who said he was in Benin for the commissioning of the New Spirit-Line of Guinness Nigeria PLC, expressed appreciation of the uncommon genuine human gesture of Governor Obaseki for him.

The Diplomat, who disclosed that although Guinness was a British company with an Irish name, said that he will champion Edo State with British Companies to do business.

According to him; "I already feel much at home, this reception touched me very deep down; I will never forget this gesture.

``I am very privileged to take Edo State as my second home. I have been reminded that Edo is the best state in Nigeria and I will find time to visit more and assist to get international investors to invest in Edo State."

"I came for the commissioning of Guinness Spirit-Lines using local produce such as cassava for alcohol.

``I will champion Edo State with British Companies. This will generate jobs for Edo people and drive the economy of the country” he added.

In his remarks, Governor Obaseki reminded High Commissioner Arkwright that this is his second visit to Edo State, assuring him that he has Edo State as his second home. He thanked him for the support, great inspiration and friendship that exists between Nigeria.

He said “I want to thank you for your support, great inspiration and friendship”

The Head of Service, Mrs Gladys Idahor made a presentation to Mr. Paul Arkwright while the Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. (Dr) Justin Okonobo proposed the toast to the guest.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/11/british-high-commissioner-pays-courtesy.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by ChangeIsCostant: 3:50am On Nov 24, 2016
this is real treasure

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by PrettyCrystal: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2016
cc; lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by dainformant(m): 3:52am On Nov 24, 2016
nice
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 3:54am On Nov 24, 2016
Nice one!

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by omowolewa: 4:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Best of gifts, good concept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by nduchucks: 4:06am On Nov 24, 2016
They could not even install a central air conditioning system in that building? smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by ichommy(m): 4:18am On Nov 24, 2016
Lovely
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by wiloy2k8(m): 4:44am On Nov 24, 2016
men dis guy for ugly gaaan if money no dey

8 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by IykeChukz(m): 5:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Our governor self
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Atiku2019: 5:13am On Nov 24, 2016
African Culture wink
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by justmenoni: 5:20am On Nov 24, 2016
Adele.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Niyeal(m): 5:22am On Nov 24, 2016
Check my signature and sign up
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Jayson1: 5:41am On Nov 24, 2016
``I am very privileged to take Edo State as my second home. I have been reminded that Edo is the best state in Nigeria

Make i nor talk. cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by richidinho(m): 6:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Is he giving them the remaining Artifacts?

What about the ones they stole in 1890 when i was still a baby? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by lomprico(m): 6:38am On Nov 24, 2016
The ones whey dem tif never do them? U con dey give them another bronze head. angry

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by fotadmowmend(m): 7:46am On Nov 24, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by sakalisis(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2016
cool
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by bonechamberlain(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2016
lomprico:
The ones whey dem tif never do them? U con dey give them another bronze head. angry

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by jeeqaa7(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2016
Obaseki obviously hasnt gotten a hang of what being a governor entails .. he is my classmate's dad and i must say .. his son was a block head in sch ... pun intended

in other news

https://www.nairaland.com/3461790/should-mikel-obi-leave-chelsea

please like if mikel should remain in chelsea

share if he should leave chelsea
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by eDoctorr(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2016
Jimoh is our generation Jacob. Thank god for Jegede (Esau) for not allowing him to claim his glory.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2016
oba ghaa tor kpere use!
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2016
oba ghaa tor kpere use!
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by ritababe(f): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2016
they destroyed Edo state so they should help build it back.. nice one Obaseki
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Frank3n2(m): 7:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Sorry to say.... The man is UGLY!!
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by melvinjames: 7:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Other Governors are inviting genuine businesses to their state, alcoholic Obaseki is inviting international "ogogoro" manufacturers.
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by MidasTouche01(m): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2016
eDoctorr:
Jimoh is our generation Jacob. Thank god for Jegede (Esau) for not allowing him to claim his glory.

You mean say Jegede (Esau) was able to resist a porridge like this

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by kinibigdeal(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2016
Our temporary governor
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by eDoctorr(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2016
AM TELLING U. In d face of hunger. lol
MidasTouche01:

You mean say Jegede (Esau) was able to resist a porridge like this
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by MidasTouche01(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2016
eDoctorr:
AM TELLING U. In d face of hunger. lol

Smellymouth, abeg wey that Tiri Gbosa Meme grin
Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2016
British can't be trusted

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo by ngolokante(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2016
Bewtiful...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister / Why We Supported Uche Secondus – PDP Governors / Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.