Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? (6035 Views)

The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah . . . I'm fully back my dear friend , you know? been long i haven't share . grin grin wink[/size]

George_D:

looks like ogaga is back! grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2010
Phate07:

Actually, i eat four times a day. wink Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. undecided tongue

after stuffing yourself with all these four meals are you sure you'll have enough strenght left for
other things? grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
grin grin grin

George_D:

after stuffing yourself with all these four meals are you sure you'll have enough strenght left for
other things? grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Phate07(m): 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
George_D:

other things? grin
Why not? undecided
Actually, breakfast, and lunch are light meals, with brunch being light snacks inbetween breakfast and lunch. My main heavy meal is dinner. cheesy
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
if your main heavy meal is dinner i think your doing it on the reverse. dinner should generally be light enough for quick digestion while lunch should be heavy because you need more energy during the daytime.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by InkedNerd(f): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
George_D:

if your main heavy meal is dinner i think your doing it on the reverse. dinner should generally be light enough for quick digestion while lunch should be heavy because you need more energy during the daytime.

Yupp, I agree with George_D. Phate07, dinner is supposed to be light not heavy. When you eat dinner at that point, your body is preparing itself for sleep so if you pile on food at night your only forcing your body to work over time to digest the food you've just eaten.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Phate07(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ok, i will have to change my diet and eating habits.

Tanx, for the info. wink
grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
[size=13pt]Funny you ^^ grin grin
[/size]
Phate07:

Ok, i will have to change my diet and eating habits.

Tanx, for the info. wink
grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
phate,
consider eating guguru and epa for dinner. grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Phate07(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2010
grin grin
But on a serious note, dinner is meant to be the heaviest meal. Cos thats when your body is most likely to be at rest, and wont have much trouble digesting the meal.

But heavy lunch will mean drowsiness at work, cos the body will be busy trying to digest the food. undecided cheesy
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=13pt]My man you are always Cracking me up. . . grin grin grin . how far nawww wink[/size]

George_D:

phate,
consider eating guguru and epa for dinner. grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by dominique(f): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
Phate07, dinner should be the lightest meal cos digestion slows down when you're asleep.
@topic
if i'm home all day, i eat 3 or 4 small meals but most time twice- morning and evening.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by PTBNaija(f): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
Nope, I usually just eat snacks because there's no time for food lol
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
PTBNaija:

Nope, I usually just eat snacks because there's no time for food lol

junk food will give you junk health. better create time to eat well.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by PTBNaija(f): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
George_D:

junk food will give you junk health. better create time to eat well.

Well, I don't eat junk food either wink
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by segzicres(m): 3:02am On Dec 25, 2010
it depends on your eating habit, like me i don't eat 3 times a day, i try to but it doesn't always workout, if i take a drink i won't be hungry till after 5 to 4 hrs.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2010
PTBNaija:

Well, I don't eat junk food either wink

last time i checked, i think meat pies, burgers, etc qualify for junk.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by PTBNaija(f): 6:27am On Dec 26, 2010
George_D:

last time i checked, i think meat pies, burgers, etc qualify for junk.

Those are also not part of my daily food intake, and my diet is actually really healthy. I do thank you for your concern though smiley
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:30am On Dec 26, 2010
ptb,
what constitutes your daily food intake? just curious.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by yme1(f): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
i eat when ever i feel hungry, might be less than 3 time's or more a day
who care's  grin grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2010
yme,
i care because if you keep doing that, very soon you won't have
that shapely body to throw around anymore!  grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by yme1(f): 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^i always know when it is time to STOP wink
thanks for showing you care baby kiss kiss grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by PTBNaija(f): 1:58am On Dec 28, 2010
George_D:

ptb,
what constitutes your daily food intake? just curious.

Generally (as in this is not strictly what I eat everyday):

When I'm at school, I'll have oatmeal in the mornings (when I have time) or the small applesauce and pudding/yogurt cups, then I'll later have a big bowl of rice and stew. I usually will at least try to have a fruit smoothie as well, and meal replacement bar

At home, I actually eat regular meals oatmeal/cereal, rice and stew, salad or eba/stew. I'll eat fruits and yogurt throughout the day when I get hungry.

And I drink a lot of tea (especially now that it's cold), it's like my kryptonite lol.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2010
ptb,
looks like you got your mouth full then. wouldn't mind some of your oatmeal though! smiley
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by mamagee3(f): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
I eat more than three times a day, that's for sure!!!

Including the small portions of snacks and appetizers I eat before each meal. grin
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by PTBNaija(f): 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
Here you go George!

Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
ptb,
oh sister, take it easy on your brother! this picture is making me drool like mad! smiley
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by oyinda3(f): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
depends. sometimes i eat 3x a day. sometimes I don't.
I think one should use their best judgment when it comes to food. do what's best for your body and your health.
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2011
oyinda,
your off and on methods seem to be working wonders on you going by your pix (if that's really you?) smiley
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Freiburger(m): 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ Topic No
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Bawss1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
Three times is the minimum for me. What the belly wants the belly gets, you've got to obey the belly.  smiley
Re: Do You Eat Three Times Daily (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)? by Pweety4me(f): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2011
@OP Mmm that was back in secondary school days & years b4 that, not so much presently, change of lifestyle & stuff i think as u grow up certain enviromental/lifestyle changes affect the way you eat & do things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 / Remedy For Sour Stew / Chicken Shawarma Or Beef Shawarma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.