Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. (11278 Views)

Kemi Afolabi Clashes With Seyi-Ariyo 'SheBaby', See The Distasteful Message / AY Clashes With Stella-Dimoko As She Reveals More On His 'Troubled Marriage' / Who Can Help Me With Clarence Peters Contact Detail, I Want To Make A Video: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by HighChief4(m): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2010
Daggers are drawn between D'banj and prolific music video director, Clarence Peters. This is as a result of a misunderstanding they had concerning the direction of the video of D'Banj's song - Scape Goat.

The story has it that Dbanj had approached Clarence to direct the video and the latter had provided the budget for it to D'Banj personal manager. According to the director, he presented a unique and costly concept which would have cost around N5million. But seeing that it was on the high side, he had proposed a partnership between his Capital Hills outfit and Mo'Hits which would halve the cost. D'Banj and his people felt offended by the price and waited for their next meeting with the director.

The meeting took place on Monday Oct 18th at the shoot of the MTV Independence anniversary. According to Clarence, D'banj said that he (Clarence) was calling him a 'maga' and trying to swindle him by presenting such a budget. "grin'Banj and Bankuli, his personal manager called me all sorts of names and walked out of the shoot." Clarence said

"They talked to us rudely and we even had to restrain some of our crew from attacking them" rapper Illbliss who works with Clarence said.

D'Banj's camp refused to respond to the matter.

http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/news/201010/99265.php
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:54am On Nov 01, 2010
Hehehee. . .wetin dey worry Dbanj sef grin

So na common N5M dey make im eye shook and dey "para" for bodi?
grin grin
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by room702(m): 12:58am On Nov 01, 2010
According to Clarence, D'banj said that he (Clarence) was calling him a 'maga'

*LWKMD*
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by tosyn1: 1:05am On Nov 01, 2010
Hmm undecided
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by HighChief4(m): 2:21am On Nov 01, 2010
D'banj is just being on the news these days for everything negative
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by baslone: 5:10am On Nov 01, 2010
D'banj is a star, he can do no wrong!!! grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by floxyrangy: 6:10am On Nov 01, 2010
I thought he sang that he makes 10m in a week 5m should then be chicken change to him.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by kcng: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2010
pride goes before a fall
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by quantize: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2010
what do these video directors think they are sef? my guy in london said his video there shot on superb hd cost him 600pounds which is approx. 150k in naira. na so djtee do make artistes shun am for clarence, now clarence don start, na wahala, shey canon d7 price dey come down, a word is enuf 4 de wise

1 Like

Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by dominique(f): 11:57am On Nov 01, 2010
^^^ clarence peters once said in an interview that he can shoot a video on as low as 100k budget depending on the artist's concept and pocket. Dbanj must av proposed a concept that cost so much. I dont blame him sha, after he lost his glo endorsement, 5m must be a staggering amount to him.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by harakiri(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
This Shina Peters children sef and their wahala.Just yesterday i was reading an article were the eldest son (Seyi Peters) was remanded in kirikiri prison for bathing a woman with hot water.Here's the link below:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/29/after-pouring-hot-water-on-woman-shina-peters-son-remanded-in-kirikiri/
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by gidson12(m): 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
harakiri:

This Shina Peters children sef and their wahala.Just yesterday i was reading an article were the eldest son (Seyi Peters) was remanded in kirikiri prison for bathing a woman with hot water.Here's the link below:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/29/after-pouring-hot-water-on-woman-shina-peters-son-remanded-in-kirikiri/

how is clearance case a wahala now, somebody gave his price tag for his service should that cause a problem, na D'banj wan make am look like wahala, after all there are other music video producers
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by JUO(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2010
pride goes before a fall
yes
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by omagbemi1980: 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
[center]D banj,try to control ur self.[/center]
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by Youngichou(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
Its always Dbanj here and there looking for trouble
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by orgasm(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
say no more till u hear dbanj side of d storylipsrsealed is misleading to judge wit only one side.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by Woke4all(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2010
floxyrangy:

I thought he sang that he makes 10m in a week 5m should then be chicken change to him.
lol, levelz don change
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by temmytanny(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
There is noting bad in telling to bring down is price or forget the deal. Why call him a MAGA?
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by HighChief4(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2010
temmytanny:

There is noting bad in telling to bring down is price or forget the deal. Why call him a MAGA?

He never called Dbanj a "Maga" rather Dbanj assumed that
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by slap1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2010
N5m shouldn't be too much for a D'banj video. Why the fuss? Onye na ejighi ego anaghi eri ofe Owerri. If the money is too much for D'banj, let him stop dreaming big.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by NOBLEICT: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
cool KOKO MASTER cool

WATIN
BE
D
KOKO
NOW?
grin

Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by andyprez(m): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2010
Its like he's saving his money to build his own N1 billion house. Make una no blame d guy na, E no easy.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by jaymdee(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
Oh, D'banj better watch his rep. There are official ways of dealing with issues like this. Last time it was about his harassment of a female journalist, now it's argument over the price of a video shoot. Bargain should be a simple case of 'oga, me i no want, your price too high. you no gree two videos for 1million?' grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by browneyes7(f): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
dz d'banj sef na wa.well dat z wat u get 4 dreaming bigggggggggg.oshi angry angry angry.
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by tkb417(m): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
quantize:

what do these video directors think they are sef? my guy in london said his video there shot on superb hd cost him 600pounds which is approx. 150k in naira. na so djtee do make artistes shun am for clarence, now clarence don start, na wahala, shey canon d7 price dey come down, a word is enuf 4 de wise
so Peters should have asked for 150k or whats ur point?
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by ninocia18(m): 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
d'bang is shameless, you knows money cant buy you common sense. that's one thing d'bang doesn't have, he should really pray for one or, try and think before acting, someone here who knows him should tell him that there is a difference between growing up and growing tall,
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by maninmood(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2010
5 million naira is not too much for a video that will rake in more than 20 million naira. Big stars abroad shoot their vid for 300,000pound
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by temmytanny(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
you spend money to make money. i would wait for Dbanj side of the story
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by 190: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
ive always hated this Goat,

now see him foo!ing imself

what the heck is KOKO,

some kinda Juju rant or smtin,

1 Like

Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by vislabraye(m): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2010
His girl friend won't be Happy to hear that. While she's busy on CNN, her bf is fighting in Naija, (lol)

Well, I don't have any idea how much DBanj has been shooting his videos, be he shouldn't call someone a maga. Abi is he high?
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by HighChief4(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
190:

ive always hated this Goat,

now see him foo!ing imself

what the heck is KOKO,

some kinda Juju rant or smtin,

Did he sleep with any of your numerous concubines?
Re: D'banj Clashes With Clarence Peters. by Ibomade1: 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
It takes 2 to tango

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: See How A Mother Dressed To Visit Son In School / #bbnaija: See The Nipples Of Tolanibaj As It Pops Out During Last Night Party / Wizkid Announces ‘Made In Lagos’ EP, His Next Music Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.