Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others (40138 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by King44(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
ofiko123:
Nigerians find safe haven in other countries because the government has failed in its responsibility to make Nigeria conducive for living and for people to do business..
Unemployment, kidnapping, armed robbery, boko haram activities has become the order of the day...the solution to this problem is for Nigerians to vote in not just credible but visionary leaders who would change the fortunes of Nigeria and Nigerians... An example of a visionary leader is Lee kwan yew of Singapore who in a couple of years transformed Singapore from third world to first world and also Bain saedd Al-maktom who made the UAE and Dubai the preferred travel destination all over the world...
visionary leader? where them dey sef first make we dey pray make person like tinubu and those election riggers kick bucket then make we begin pray say make we get sense realise say if we collect ten thousand for our vote na good four to eight years of our lives nahin we sell

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Mrfeel: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Basher8583:

To be honest to you. These men are just cowards. They can't face the competition in Nigeria becos everyone is hardworking. So they move to easy countries where they are generally lazy and clean up.

Compete with who exactly? Igbos are all over Nigeria doing business, even though the Nigeria system is not that fit, importing goods to Nigeria it's not even easy cause the officials in charge of the Seaports are corrupt most times the money u pay for clearing goods is even bigger than the money u bought the goods, sometimes they will just seize your goods and there's nothing u can do about it,

4 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Uka15(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

So why are other countries not coming to Nigeria to take advantage of the opportunities there?

Consider the population of nigerians. For instance in many capitals of states in nigeria and other cities , we have more of strangers then Indigenes doing business and other jobs. foreigners in nigeria can not Overshadow nigerians, due to population factor.

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nmezor(f): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hmmm, its well
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ajl: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Stupid Nigerians that keep referring to native citizens as being lazy. Tell me how and why they should accommodate you. If you are all that hardworking then why not stay in your country to build it up. The same way some Nigerians in the US refer to African-Americans as being lazy. That bring a lot of animosity. Who want that kind of guests in his home.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by K4daniel: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Do you know that Nigeria can feed all of us? We have all it takes to be a great nation..but greed,corruption by our leaders and the blood of the innocent been shared by politicians will keep affecting us.
Every politician must sacrifice something to be elected..one of the past minister of petroleum was found to have bought golds and breweries worth billions of Naira.and some in huge dollars $.for what? You must be mentaly deluded and insane.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by princetg: 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Well good for them am not living this country until I hear it
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by useurkidney3121: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Desperadoes!
Is ur brain still functioning?
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ajl: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
IamR:

I wonder! That statement is laced with pride.

Empty pride. What's the pride in running away from your own country and becoming a nuisance in another man's land. Worst part is you calling your hosts lazy. Even if they are lazy, must you tell it to their face. Why won't they attack you. Nigerians and our empty pride.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by somehow: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
Na so so trading
one man business
Nigerians do better in conservative climes
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Eraserubbish(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:

I clicked it many months ago using another handle just to see what happens. And few days later I got an email threatening me pay bitcoin otherwise I would have my sex chat leaked to the public. I no even mind the guy cos I didn't have such.

He is still trying till date but I always delete his emails.

My password here is different from the one on my email.
I think u should open a thread to let others know the dangers of clicking random links
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
So naija no be safe heaven......thank God say una don't take una mouth talk am
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by MikeBetty(m): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:
Is it really possible citizens of every country are lazy apart from Nigerians?

Just wondering.
To Me, Being Lazy Here Is Metaphoric. Just That They Are Unable To See Business Opportunities. Igbos Have Eye For Business And It Is Inherent. They Succeed Where Others Find Difficult To Succeed.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Lionlyf: 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Seriousness:
So naija no be safe heaven......thank God say una don't take una mouth talk am
nawaoo
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:
Is it really possible citizens of every country are lazy apart from Nigerians?

Just wondering.
Few Africans are hard working but because many are lazy hence the stereotype.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Jaqenhghar: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Every country got bad eggs so stop talking nonsense
Its not nonsense. Every society has bad eggs. Niggerians celebrate those bad eggs.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Sleevia: 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Eraserubbish:
I think u should open a thread to let others know the dangers of clicking random links
I Don report tire Seun and his mods no do anything.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ajl: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
vaxx:
The use of that word is just crazy and alarming . it is rested on pride. Nigerians are hard-working no doubt, so are the citizens of other nation. Nigerians tends to dominate fast base on the population. if one Nigerian is successful in a particular trade , he invite tens of his brother into the same buisness and that continue .

Since many of them are Igbos, I suppose one of the problems is the way the igbos tend to dominate and outcompete other people in the market. Even in Lagos they do the same thing. My mother used to trade around Balogun area and she used to mention this. They "conspire" among themselves to crash product prices and over time run other locals out of business. And if they try it in another country surely the locals would want them to be driven out.

4 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ajl: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Few Africans are hard working but because many are lazy hence the stereotype.

You are also promoting same false stereotype.

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Gazzy88(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
shocked

Nigeria has failed many of its citizens, many people have swore with their lives never to return to this country.

Nigeria needs help, we are at an abysmal level.
Tell them to also swear not to call upon Nigerian govt when they start lynching them overseas.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
sometimes i just wonder if god purposely send us all to Nigeria to punish us for sin we know nothing about.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
nigerians here hard working
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
ajl:

You are also promoting same false stereotype.
Am not promoting it rather am stating the fact. Not all Africans are hard working neither are they lazy. Even among igbos, there are still many that are lazy. Many Africans tend to think in one direction without critically viewing it from other perspectives. They tend to view one side of a coin without looking at the other side.

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
I just pray that our people will not carry all these their criminal activities there. Truth be told some Nigerians are bad within and outside the country
the issue of corruption transcend beyond race, tribe, nations, religion, belief.

Being bad is a human nature and it is individualistic.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Usmanbubu(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
Yeah south Africa is not the only country in that region
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by KekeNash(f): 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
Drugs free South Africa is promising
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Pokerist: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
"The problem with most of these countries is that their citizens are lazy and they enjoy a lot of welfare from their government so they are not interested in working. “Very soon Nigerians will take over all the jobs in these countries even in Gabon and Liberia because Nigerians are strong and hardworking." "

This is probably why South Africa started throwing stones at you. You go to another man's land whose economy is just a little better than yours, and next thing, you look forward to taking over their jobs and business clime. I hope they don't start throwing knives at you soon.

4 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by 2shure: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
They would go there now and start peddling drugs.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Wettoid123: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
It really pains me to my bone marrow,citizens of Nigeria are refusing to come back to their fatherland despite the fight over there hmmmmm it is terrible our leaders are just there for their selfish interest come to think of it, in any organization there is an hierarchy from below to top abi? OK come to think of it a governor of a state will rule for 8yrs during that 8yrs all the senatorial district are under him after 8yrs he will now contest as a senator to be in charge of one or two senatorial district tell me what is this called? Why are we going to move forward when our politicians are all there for their selfish interest...pls God save us!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Israflor(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
Just don't outstep your boundaries so as not to wake up sleeping and snoring xenophobic dogs overthere.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good for them. Let's hope the bad eggs don't go and pollute those countries and ignite another series of attacks on the innocent ones.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by iammolise(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:
Ironic they can’t find that same safe heaven in a place they’re told is their country!

So pathetic sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Wedding Guests Die In Edo Road Accident (Photos) / Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.