Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others (40141 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Litmus: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
By Okey Maduforo

“Very soon Nigerians will take over all the jobs in these countries even in Gabon and Liberia because Nigerians are strong and hardworking. “Some stopped over in Mozambique before entering other countries in East and South Africa, but I pray they do not abuse the privileges that we are already enjoying in those countries.”

Lol, Nigerians lack understanding of the Africans with whom they share the continent.

"Abusing the privileges" is in fact the "working hard and prospering" bit. Let me explain: Firstly, these Nigerians will put the noses of the natives out of joint simply by becoming more affluent than them through hard work . Secondly, the government or authorities of the regions, towns, municipality etc - where the Nigerians through hard work become more prosperous than locals - will cut whatever amenities the author of the article says they provide for their people, citing the reasons for doing so the fact that if Nigerians can make it without dispensations, so too can they. Locals being lazy minus government dispensations will lead to resentment against the Nigerians. Eventually these Nigerians will miraculously become drug pushers, pimps and ritualists (essentially "the abusers of the privileges that we are already enjoying in those countries" (excuses)). Xenophobic attacks may follow, leading to the Nigerians leaving and their business turned over to scavenging locals .
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by codemaniacs: 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
zz
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by codemaniacs: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
zz

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by GoldHorse(m): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:
Is it really possible citizens of every country are lazy apart from Nigerians?

Just wondering.

No mind them. So if they are lazy how come their country is habitable. Who developed it?

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by seangy4konji: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
shocked

Nigeria has failed many of its citizens, many people have swore with their lives never to return to this country.

Nigeria needs help, we are at an abysmal level.

Yea..

I have over 30 both blod and extended who si CE 2007 have failed to come home except for burial or marriage of distant family...its a battle of mahn. U have to find ur way out of that place.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Mrfeel: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
Basher8583:

Their fellow Brother all over Nigeria. You just answered your question.. Why are you asking me again

So importing to another country is easy Abi. More so when your are not even a citizen of that country

There is nothing to compete there igbos are already all over Nigeria doing business, so the need to go to other countries that don't have that much business poeple like the igbos is better than choking up all over Nigeria with little profits

It's more easier to import goods in other countries even as a none citizens of that country as long as you follow due process it's easy

But here in Nigeria even if you follow due process corrupt officials will always be there to frustrate you, demand you pay some outrageous bills for clearance, after that transporting those goods to different part of Nigeria where u do your business it's another problem, cause you will still pay money on almost all check points to corrupt police officers, at the end of it all the money u spent on clearance and transporting the goods to ur destination will be more than the money u bought the goods
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Olorunnim:
Be patriotic at least for once where is laziness mentioned here. cry
You failed to rightly interpret his comment! He never berated Nigerians but, full of our praises!
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Litmus: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
codemaniacs:

they are mostly igbos, but every Nigerian will be stereotyped..

you misunderstood the point i made.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by uuzba(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
codemaniacs:

say YOU were not taught positive stuff.
say YOU did not train your brain to practice positive stuff.

if what you're saying is true then the cashier would have told you to join the queue, you would not have to 'humble yourself'...
Cashier did not tell me anything.
-
It seems you're trying to insult me or something.
Well, how many positive things do you do?
Do you own or use a PC? Are all the software purchased legally or you use pirated ones?
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by pacificom: 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
roladex:
Must u post irrelevant and indecent stuff here? I don't think u r ok
The writer of this worthless article must be in his drink.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Cousin9999: 12:26am On Sep 22, 2019
The fact that they go somewhere else doesn't hurt or reflect badly on Nigeria. It's just a matter of different markets. If you know you can make 10x more doing the same thing elsewhere, why not? They're not necessarily abandoning Nigeria. Many of these businesses may have a supply chain extending to Nigeria. Many of these people will make a ton of money and bring it back to Nigeria when they retire and/or send money home. There's also the fact that these people are instrumental in establishing networks and essential smaller businesses throughout Africa. This could lead to others following them there and new opportunities and partnerships. You have to remember that Nigeria is a powerhouse despite its issues.

And the fact that these people might have previously stayed in SA, but are now going all over Africa is great. Let's be honest, SA is crawling with oyinbos, Chinese, Indians, and biracials. I feel sorry for real SA, but that place is a mess.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 22, 2019
Very sad too.. because I’m sure many would want to come home.

I had a Yoruba friend back in 2015 who had just been working here in New Zealand for 2 years, say that no matter how good the money is n benefits, he never forgets his homeland Nigeria.

That all he basically does, is work n send money back home to his family in Naija.
IGBOSON1:
Ironic they can’t find that same safe heaven in a place they’re told is their country!
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Fortune109: 1:25am On Sep 22, 2019
This culture of calling people who accommodate you in their means lazy is really disturbing. Because many of them won't do certain jobs in a place they come from that many of you won't do in your places too doesn't mean they are lazy.

Please Nigerians should erase this mindset if they don't want any issues with their new hosts

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Olorunnim: 4:01am On Sep 22, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Go and read all over again, it is clearly written there.
My reference was to Nigerians being lazy.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Olorunnim: 4:02am On Sep 22, 2019
Formularcr7:
can you read?if yes,then your problem is comprehension
Oshey comprehension if you don't know the context of my post, can't you just not quote?
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 22, 2019
Wickedfacts:
It's mostly Igbos, and I say this with no pejorative intents. This is because culturally, the Igbo culture of trading and movement encourages economic migration.

The average Igbo man can he selling an item or service for 10M here in Nigeria and be selling the same item for 8M outside Nigeria. However, he would prefer to sell outside Nigeria for 8M because his location and the fact that he's outside Nigeria fits the cultural ideal of economic migration.

Thus, the grass would always look greener on the other side until they are faced with the harsh reality.

That makes no sense, it's all about what pays in profit, I don't it can be because of its outside Nigeria, other factors could plan in, like opportunities to business owners in foreign nations and maybe access to credit. No one runs a business at a loss just for the sake of being outside the country.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by sulaak(m): 4:55am On Sep 22, 2019
vaxx:
The use of that word is just crazy and alarming . it is rested on pride. Nigerians are hard-working no doubt, so are the citizens of other nation. Nigerians tends to dominate fast base on the population. if one Nigerian is successful in a particular trade , he invite tens of his brother into the same buisness and that continue .

If Nigerian are hardworking, why is the country a mess? Majority of Nigerian in SA are Igbo's and they have political and economical control of South-Eastern, Nigeria but have failed to develop their own region despite 20 years of democratic rule.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by grandstar(m): 5:55am On Sep 22, 2019
Mozambique if I am correct has rubies and other precious stones. Only problem is that they speak Portuguese. You can't go there and work. Strictly business as they are poorer than Nigeria.

Nigerians may become the new Lebanese. Business savvy, cunning and loathed. Our large numbers may lead to resentment from local competitors as happened in Ghana. Nigerian fraudsters will give all legitimate businessmen and all Nigerians a bad name. This has been a recurring experience.

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Cousin9999: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2019
pcguru1:

That makes no sense, it's all about what pays in profit, I don't it can be because of its outside Nigeria, other factors could plan in, like opportunities to business owners in foreign nations and maybe access to credit. No one runs a business at a loss just for the sake of being outside the country.

Exactly.

It's clear people migrate for benefits, however small and whatever they may be.

And again I think people need to think about the greater good in this. It's infinitely better for Nigerian business men and women to be operating in these countries than oyinbos and other outsiders. It's a fair exchange of goods and knowledge. That's one of the reasons oyinbos hired mercs to chase Nigerians out of SA.

One of the other reasons:

African Continental Free Trade Agreement

That's one of oyinbo's and others worst nightmare. Imagine the impact of Africa's wealth moving easily between nations. It moves the continent one step closer to where it should be: in the position to sever all trade-business ties with non-Africans. Africa has never needed to do business with non-Africans. Everything Africa will ever need is on the continent.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by chiblaze07(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2019
Hmmm... It means that those countries are way better options than Nigeria. God help my country. embarassed sad

Meanwhile,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, FOR SNAIL FARMERS AND THOSE INTERESTED IN SNAIL FARMING.

Filed under the category SNAIL FARMING BUSINESS: Read Everything about snail farming here

Have you been looking for a way to incubate your snail eggs so that you can hatch more snails for your snail farm?

Can I tell you something?

Hatching snail eggs is one of the easiest things to do in snail farming.

That’s why you don’t get to see many articles that give clarity to this topic.

They assume you should know how to hatch snail eggs by yourself without anyone teaching you.

In this article, I will take you through the entire process of setting up an incubator for snails eggs and also show you how to incubate snail eggs.

That’s not all!

I will also teach you how to care for the snail eggs while they are still in the incubator, and how you can track the hatching of new snails for business records.

At the end of this article, I have added a video that will show you practically everything you need to know about hatching snails eggs.

If you are ready, let’s dive right in!!

Read the full article - How to hatch snail eggs

Read other related articles on https://agro4africa.com

Islie:

…say we cannot go home empty-handed

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/09/xenophobia-nigerians-find-safe-havens-in-zimbabwe-mozambique-others/

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by SayginSA: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2019
Islie:

…say we cannot go home empty-handed

In South Africa,Botswana and Namibia,Nigerian university qualifications are not recognized. In South Africa will have to start afresh by doing a certificate at Unisa ,then redo your qualification. That's many resort to crime (drug dealing,scamming,human trafficking,females to prostitution,etc). Thanks to fake Nigerian graduates who were given opportunities inthe late 1990s to early2000s. They will also be chased from those countries soon when they resume their Businesses' there. There sooner Nigerians accept that 9,5 in 10 foreign Nigerians, are criminals damaging image of Nigeria the better. In the future you will end up being banned from Most of the countries

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/09/xenophobia-nigerians-find-safe-havens-in-zimbabwe-mozambique-others/

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by mercyviv(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2019
And this is the kind of opportunity some have been quietly waiting for to exploit, in order to tell folks at home that they lost all their life's saving to the attacks, while they lost nothing.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Gudiza(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2019
We'll see how long it takes before they kick you out of there also. #fingerscrossed
a bad product is a bad product anywhere. Learn values. REAL values!
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by mikeapollo: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
nairalandposter:
Is it really possible citizens of every country are lazy apart from Nigerians?

Just wondering.

That exactly is the stupid mentality of some Nigerians which eventually makes them to misbehave and put the country into shame!
People had worked to build and develop their country You migrate to live there snd enjoy what they had achieved and developed, and then you foolishly call them lazy?
They would eventually know your mind and pick on you as time goes by

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by roladex(f): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2019
Heyzee5:

There is no point complaining. Just report the moniker........the process is click report button at the base of the post and press 5 in the box provided. Done! The post will be removed......gracias.
thanks dear.noted
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by whitebrown(f): 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mob beats alleged dealers, sets 'drug den' alight in Pretoria CBD

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/mob-beats-alleged-dealers-sets-drug-den-alight-in-pretoria-cbd-33487084

The building from where they allegedly sold drugs was also set alight by the mob.

Police had to close off traffic on Bloed street, where the suspects were caught.

Tshwane emergency services workers, who were called in to extinguish the fire, were chased by the crowd from doing their work.

According to an eyewitness operating a clothing shop in the street, chaos broke out after one of the suspects tried to sell drugs to a woman.

The drugs were stuffed inside a wig, which was handed over to the woman.

Eyewitnesses said the woman was surprised to discover a white powder wrapped inside a plastic inside the wig.

Wanting to establish if the powder was really a drug, she showed it a group of taxi drivers, who confirmed that it was indeed drugs.

There was suddenly a commotion when an angry mob attacked the seller, who was identified as a Nigerian national.

The man was badly beaten with fists and kicked until he fell on the ground. He was then ordered to identify the person who sent him to sell drugs.

The alleged mastermind, who was inside a block of flat, tried to run away from the fuming crowd. However, he was cornered and beaten up by the mob.

The two were rescued by the police, who arrested them.

The situation continued to be tense as the police asked bystanders to leave the scene.

The hostile crowd prohibited a Pretoria News photographer from taking pictures and intimidated bystanders not to take pictures with their cellphones.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by bull67: 6:07am On Aug 22, 2020
they lower their prices, bring their brothers, make more gains, and indigines are no more in business. then they start fucking their beautiful women. so what do you expect from indigines?
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by GalPissetzky: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
nigerians should not be allowed to easily enter other countries. they are thieves, they scammers, they destroy countries with drugs. presently thy are infiltrating other countries with cultism. they make so much noise and hiss at women. they dirty peoples apartments and countries. please ban nigerians from entering your countries. before u come for me. na proper naija guy i be. truth is bitter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State / Edwin Ijeoma Who Renounced Nigerian Citizenship, Expelled From South Africa / Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.