Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo (2575 Views)

PUNCH Replies Simmonscooper, Says No Malice Towards Osinbajo / Aisha Buhari: Two Powerful Men Behind Buhari’s Slow Progress / Igbos Didn’t Endorse Atiku, We Are Still Behind Buhari – Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by bobfash(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
A chieftain of the Yoruba apex socio-cultural organization, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has noted that constitutional crisis in Nigeria and the imbalance in the polity are the main cause of agitation for a break-up by different groups in the country.

The lawyer and elder statesman said that it would be better if the country breaks up since the leaders refuse to restructure it.

According to him, “I have no objection to breaking up. People are talking of breaking up because the term of coming together has been abrogated by the northern Muslims who are dominating us,” he was quoted by Sun.

“This is why the young elements, extremists in the South- East, South – South, South –West and the Middle Belt are yearning for break-up just because of their refusal to yield to our demand of peaceful co-existence.”

On the recently reported crisis in the Presidency and the news of Vice president, Prof Yemi Osinbajo falling out of favour with President Muhammadu Buhari, the elder statesman blamed the constitution for the President’s action.

According to him, “It is just what I have said earlier. They are the people who aided and abetted the implementation of the wrong constitution because they give them the crumbs of the power. It is this constitution that empowers the president to make the vice president a market master. Whatever you are doing, the bottom line is the constitution.

“If it is not this constitution, would the president be doing all that; is it not the constitution that gives him all the powers; a constitution that makes him the most powerful head of state in the whole world.

“I have said it several times and I’m repeating it, we said it should be changed, but you say, no. This is not the constitution the founding fathers of the nation gave us.

Source>>> https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/21/adebanjo-reveals-real-reason-behind-buharis-new-attitude-towards-osinbajo-says-nigeria-break/

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by amaniro: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
The scores are in!grin

North 1 - West 0

2 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by hisgrace090: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
With the high level self centered nature of our leaders I see nothing changing soon for good unless through divine intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by JonDon12: 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
amaniro:
The scores are in!grin

North 1 - West 0

I dont know what game you are watching but I see

Akintola Goal 1

Awolowo Goal 2.

Obasanjo democratically handing over to Shagari (own Goal)

Dele Giwa 4

June 12 5

Jailing Abiola 6

Osnbanjo 7

Its like 7-0 to the north.

8 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by bobfash(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
After 20years of Democracy, if we are still using the same constitution handed to us by this kaki boys, it shows that it is these kaki boys benefactors that are still in the corridors of power and can't effect the much needed constitutional change.

We failed to restructure
We failed to change the constitution
We failed to conduct credible elections
We failed to unite across ethnic divides

We clearly need a democratic revolution now!

bobfash:
A chieftain of the Yoruba apex socio-cultural organization, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has noted that constitutional crisis in Nigeria and the imbalance in the polity are the main cause of agitation for a break-up by different groups in the country.

The lawyer and elder statesman said that it would be better if the country breaks up since the leaders refuse to restructure it.

According to him, “I have no objection to breaking up. People are talking of breaking up because the term of coming together has been abrogated by the northern Muslims who are dominating us,” he was quoted by Sun.

“This is why the young elements, extremists in the South- East, South – South, South –West and the Middle Belt are yearning for break-up just because of their refusal to yield to our demand of peaceful co-existence.”

On the recently reported crisis in the Presidency and the news of Vice president, Prof Yemi Osinbajo falling out of favour with President Muhammadu Buhari, the elder statesman blamed the constitution for the President’s action.

According to him, “It is just what I have said earlier. They are the people who aided and abetted the implementation of the wrong constitution because they give them the crumbs of the power. It is this constitution that empowers the president to make the vice president a market master. Whatever you are doing, the bottom line is the constitution.

“If it is not this constitution, would the president be doing all that; is it not the constitution that gives him all the powers; a constitution that makes him the most powerful head of state in the whole world.

“I have said it several times and I’m repeating it, we said it should be changed, but you say, no. This is not the constitution the founding fathers of the nation gave us.

Source>>> https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/21/adebanjo-reveals-real-reason-behind-buharis-new-attitude-towards-osinbajo-says-nigeria-break/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
amaniro:
The scores are in!grin

North 1 - West 0

We are all in this mess together

It's no time for name calling.... The south west made an honest error but we must move on

The only way forward is for the south to unite.. The south west that has held sway from 99-03 should rally round the South East if not... The status quo continues..

3 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by chinae(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
If Southerners could work together, we can free ourselves from these guys.

But some will be pulling us back to the north for a plate of porridge.

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
bobfash:
After 20years of Democracy, if we are still using the same constitution handed to us by this kaki boys, it shows that it is these kaki boys benefactors that are still in the corridors of power and can't effect the much needed constitutional change.

We failed to restructure
We failed to change the constitution
We failed to conduct credible elections
We failed to unite across ethnic divides

We clearly need a democratic revolution now!

No Northerner will agree to restructure... They will die for the status quo...
Useless Jonathan didn't even know the power he had.. that's water under the bridge now

We need to move forward

3 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by bobfash(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
This your analysis is quite thoughtful!
Obasanjo's 8 year term 1
Maybe 7:1

JonDon12:

I dont know what game you are watching but I see

Akintola Goal 1

Awolowo Goal 2.

Obasanjo democratically handing over to Shagari (own Goal)

Dele Giwa 4

June 12 5

Jailing Abiola 6

Osnbanjo 7

Its like 7-0 to the north.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by bobfash(m): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
Where is lalasticlala and Seun o
Come and see scores here!
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

It's no time for name calling.... The south west made an honest error but we must move on

The only way forward is for the south to unite.. The south west that has held sway from 99-03 should rally round the South East if not... The status quo continues..

What do you mean by honest error?
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:

What do you mean by honest error?

Error made not out of spite... You know
Thinking it was for the best.. Buhari was seen as the Messiah.. The end of corruption.. Blah blah blah

Buhari is worse than Ebola
The man is bereft of modern day leadership ideas required to revamp our ailing economy
Buhari is a dullard.. A disaster pushed around by cabals running the show..

Buhari is evil
Once you speak ill of him.. You are automatically corrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by SamNaijaboy: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
All this blackmailing won’t work. Can’t force me to vote a SE person, biko.
We will vote a Southerner. That’s we I know.
After 8 yrs of North, it either comes back south or we split

ZombieTAMER:

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
We will vote a Southerner. That’s all I know

no blackmailing.. Just presenting the only way forward if truly Nigeria is the home of justice equity and fairness... If truly
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Thinking it was for the best.. Buhari was seen as the Messiah.. The end of corruption.. Blah blah blah

The man is bereft of modern day leadership ideas required to revamp our ailing economy

Buhari is evil

You are wrong.

It was not an honest error. It was deep seated hatred and selfishness...

I was talking to a yoruba friend on WhatsApp and instead of being concern about the state of the country, the economic pitfalls that Buhari has sent us into, he was rather harping on the reason for the alliance, the hope of power coming to the South West, talking about how Buhari commands 12 million vote as if 12 million vote means 12million jobs...

Summarily, their alliance is borne out of selfishness and greed.

In my usual nature, I didn't fail to let him know how selfish his thoughts were.

3 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
The core northern Nigeria with their clique in the military have really bastardized this nation.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:

You are wrong.

It was not an honest error. It was deep seated hatred and selfishness...

I was talking to a yoruba friend on WhatsApp and instead of being concern about the state of the country, the economic pitfalls that Buhari has sent us into, he was rather harping on the reason for the alliance, the hope of power coming to the South West, talking about how Buhari commands 12 million vote as if 12 million vote means 12million jobs...

Summarily, their alliance is borne out of selfishness and greed.

In my usual nature, I didn't fail to let him know how selfish his thoughts were.

I see what you mean... but I'm talking as a victim

I don't think I have ever said it on this forum but I supported Buhari in 2015
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bc its seems it might not favour them anymore, they are suddenly remembering restructuring?

Spits

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
We will vote a Southerner. That’s we I know.
After 8 yrs of North, it either comes back south or we split

don't vote Na... See person.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by MrColdsweat: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

The unity of the south is not enough. We need to be the new majority. We need the whole south to form a coalition with the middle belt.

But it's not possible because islam has infiltrated the sw and mb.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by MrColdsweat: 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
The north will make the final move in 2023.
They will field a fulani man as both president and vice president.

That will be the checkmate.

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Jones4190(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
amaniro:
The scores are in!grin

North 1 - West 0
east and south south are relegated
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Heffalump(m): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
I'm not understanding the picture. Is that a human being?
Meanwhile, Yoloba should enjoy the romance with their master shocked
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by ZombieTAMER: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
MrColdsweat:
The unity of the south is not enough. We need to be the new majority. We need the whole south to form a coalition with the middle belt.

But it's not possible because islam has infiltrated the sw and mb.

And you think Christianity is not in the North.. John Snow
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by IGBOSON1: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

No Northerner will agree to restructure... They will die for the status quo...
Useless Jonathan didn't even know the power he had.. that's water under the bridge now

We need to move forward

GEJ knew the powers he had, but since he didn’t want to alienate or piss-off the core muslim north, he didn’t use them to effect the necessary changes needed!

Buhari on the other hand has no such scruples or dilemma....not even when he was seeking re-election! He knows his powers (including the ones he has no authorisation to use) and he’s using them to the fullest! wink

1 Like

Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
sassysure:
Bc its seems it might not favour them anymore, they are suddenly remembering restructuring?

Spits
no mind dem
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by orisa37: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Buhari is evil

He is 666.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jones4190:

east and south south are relegated
lol... But u are suffering in your alliance? Hunger never reach your doorstep. The east that you thought will be dead by now is still standing and even more stronger in one voice, winning over their brothers who didn't know better.

We are solid that ever before... Please put Elrufia next and watch Buhari 3.0 be born.

Una never see anything yet.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

I see what you mean... but I'm talking as a victim

I don't think I have ever said it on this forum but I supported Buhari in 2015
bros, as e b so eh, there is no way I am not getting a second passport soon.
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Jones4190(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:
lol... But u are suffering in your alliance? Hunger never reach your doorstep. The east that you thought will be dead by now is still standing and even more stronger in one voice, winning over their brothers who didn't know better.

We are solid that ever before... Please put Elrufia next and watch Buhari 3.0 be born.

Una never see anything yet.
see who us talking, us it by selling gala on third mainland bridge that make you think you are standing? or is it kidnapping that make you feel you are rich? go and find a life
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Sleevia: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jones4190:

see who us talking, us it by selling gala on third mainland bridge that make you think you are standing? or is it kidnapping that make you feel you are rich? go and find a life

Fool and disgusting amala and ewedu seller
Re: Adebanjo Reveals Real Reason Behind Buhari’s New Attitude Towards Osinbajo by Jones4190(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:

Fool and disgusting amala and ewedu seller
apart from insult what other thing do you lean from your parent ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Late IPOB Terrorist Commander Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu / Femi Adesina Nairaland Handle / This Is Why Nigerians Should Respect Igbos & Vote Who Igbos Recommend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.