Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k (6634 Views)

Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. / SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mejai(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
dru23:
I dey wait for the followers of 20w50.... Make I know which side I go throw wetin I want throw.. Maybe na for ground I go put wetin I want throw
Xneg, dru23 is calling you grin
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
dru23:
I dey wait for the followers of 20w50.... Make I know which side I go throw wetin I want throw.. Maybe na for ground I go put wetin I want throw

Depending on the mileage and the oil used by the previous owner
If there's engine sludge already and he switches to any grade with detergent, that engine go kaput lasan
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by naijadrivablog: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
kindly go to the ATM, withdraw money and pay for the car.

Thank you

Good deal, considering all factors.

@op, this is not "Honda Bullet" na. Na "Academy" be this.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
mammanbawa:

Depending on the mileage and the oil used by the previous owner
If there's engine sludge already and he switches to any grade with detergent, that engine go kaput lasan

Car is tokunbo and no sludge... so to protect is investment, he will be using Mobil 1 5w20...

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
mejai:

Xneg, dru23 is calling you grin

I dey wait for all of them......
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
dru23:

Car is tokunbo and no sludge... so to protect is investment, he will be using Mobil 1 5w20...

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Does it look like Nigeria soil I take the picture ...And the landing cost sweet past auction cars grin my brother there is no much money in this car business, when u compare the time you take pictures, video etc ....time person go put in.. Well I just dey reason outloud sha

1 Share

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
dru23:

Does it look like Nigeria soil I take the picture

Bros nah Abuja be dis

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Bros nah Abuja be dis

Lol...... Don't worry bro once it gets drop off at the port.. I can post the pictures... lol

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dicksonadams(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Bros nah Abuja be dis
☀️
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by diportivo: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Good deal, considering all factors.

@op, this is not "Honda Bullet" na. Na "Academy" be this.

this is bulldog
RyanD147:
There’s a Camry called tiny lights. Then add am Belgium(dts 2nd Hand or foreign use)

so

toks is what u guys call Belgium?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by naijadrivablog: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

this is bulldog
so
toks is what u guys call Belgium?? undecided
Both me and the guy you quoted are correct.
That model is also called "Academy" up north.
Tons is also belgium or fairly used. We learn everyday.
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
dru23:

Which oil was used before and what's the mileage?
How do you know there's no sludge?
Did you open the engine?
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
mammanbawa:

Which oil was used before and what's the mileage?
How do you know there's no sludge?
Did you open the engine?

My brother the car is a goal....when comparing Nigerian car owners maintenance VS USA Car owners... The USA car owners will always come on top ... due to one of the fact that USA car owners can easily drive to any LICENSED mechanic shop and do oil change ... even in Yankee mechanics are dubious and crazy ...but at least you can easily hold them up accountable...

Going through the owners manual .. The car has been serviced at an Automotive shop .. And the car is not due for any oil change anytime... So the recommend oil of either 0w20 or 5w20 will be used ........
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 6:00am On Sep 24, 2019
dru23:

My brother the car is a goal....when comparing Nigerian car owners maintenance VS USA Car owners... The USA car owners will always come on top ... due to one of the fact that USA car owners can easily drive to any LICENSED mechanic shop and do oil change ... even in Yankee mechanics are dubious and crazy ...but at least you can easily hold them up accountable...

Going through the owners manual .. The car has been serviced at an Automotive shop .. And the car is not due for any oil change anytime... So the recommend oil of either 0w20 or 5w20 will be used ........

You're yet to answer my question
Why is that?
Which oil was used before now and what's the mileage
You say it has a service record so knowing the oil shouldn't be a problem

2 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by EgunMogaji2: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Bros nah Abuja be dis

I know say na joke but this is on the “least” coast of the USA. Likely MA.
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

You're yet to answer my question
Why is that?
Which oil was used before now and what's the mileage
You say it has a service record so knowing the oil shouldn't be a problem

My brother I tire for you ...... I stated to you that the car was taken to an Automotive shop... The oil reccomend was either 5w20 or 0w20 , so which oil do you think was used by the Automotive shop? I explain to you that bro? And you want to know the Mileage too ? The car has over 100k miles.. The owner will end up using 5w20 high milage Mobil 1 Extended performace..... Also the owner of the vehicle is on Nairaland ... I even posted the Title of the car .....

For now this is all the information you need to know ..even one ofb the Ogas on NL stated the car pictures taken is not from Yankee but Abuja ..Abi he wants me to snap by street address or better Google map my house ..or park the car close to other Cars with USA car plates.. Abi you want know my state in the USA.. There is something called client privilege information.. Next question is how much is the landing cost of the car ? The only thing I will say it's a lot better than landing cost of Auction cars

Ps.. My client will not be using that palm oil of 20w50 that you guys love to use... It is not recommended by the Manufacture at all..

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I know say na joke but this is on the “least” coast of the USA. Likely MA.

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
dru23:

My brother I tire for you ...... I stated to you that the car was taken to an Automotive shop... The oil reccomend was either 5w20 or 0w20 , so which oil do you think was used by the Automotive shop? I explain to you that bro? And you want to know the Mileage too ? The car has over 100k miles.. The owner will end up using 5w20 high milage Mobil 1 Extended performace..... Also the owner of the vehicle is on Nairaland ... I even posted the Title of the car .....

For now this is all the information you need to know ..even one ofb the Ogas on NL stated the car pictures taken is not from Yankee but Abuja ..Abi he wants me to snap by street address or better Google map my house ..or park the car close to other Cars with USA car plates.. Abi you want know my state in the USA.. There is something called client privilege information.. Next question is how much is the landing cost of the car ? The only thing I will say it's a lot better than landing cost of Auction cars

Ps.. My client will not be using that palm oil of 20w50 that you guys love to use... It is not recommended by the Manufacture at all..

Automotive shop o
Na your business
You answered one question
Now
Let's go again
Which oil was the previous owner using
I didn't ask you which oil Toyota recommended
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

Automotive shop o
Na your business
Now
Let's go again

Which oil u think ? No be naija the car was service grin
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

Automotive shop o
Na your business
Now
Let's go again

Shop or owner....Next question? Can u take pictures of underneath? Next question: landing cost? Next ? ...where did u buy the car .....or you want print out of service record? Would that make u feel better bro
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
dru23:

Shop or owner....Next question? Can u take pictures of underneath? Next question: landing cost? Next ? ...where did u buy the car .....
Read my posts
I don't ask such silly questions
And I post underbody pictures when asked to do so
I asked you a simple question
You're jumping up and down

4 Likes

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

Read my posts
I don't ask such silly questions
And I post underbody pictures when asked to do so
I asked you a simple question
You're jumping up and down

Don't worry ... I will post the service record bro .....
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by mammanbawa: 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
dru23:

Don't worry ... I will post the service record bro .....
Chale you get problem o
To say 5w-20 or 0w-20 or whatever na im dey hard you since
I asked the question so I'll know wether switching will be deadly or not
Congrats on your sale
Ignored
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

Chale you get problem o
To say 5w-20 or 0w-20 or whatever na im dey hard you since
I asked the question so I'll know wether switching will be deadly or not

Congrats on your sale
Ignored

To answer your question... any of the two is fine ..you can switch back and fourth ,either 5w20, or 0w20... non are deadly at all to use... now let me educate u a bit here .. One of the major reason why I like to buy from private individuals.... In some USA states there is what they call lemon law .. Each state might be different... now the owner has to disclose to you whatever is wrong wth the car ... And you have up to 30 days to return the car or have the owner fix the car ... other wise you can sue the owner to small claim court. Most owner will write "AS IS" on the sale receipt of the car .. Meaning they are selling the car they way it is ,but it is up to you to find out what exactly is wrong with the car ..again each state law might be different... If you buying a car and the check engine is ON. , You have to ask the owner why the check engine is on. Because if the check engine light is on, the car might not pass inspection at all .. And you won't be able to drive the car until those things causing the check engine light is on is fix ... Now when I do buy cars, I dont tell the seller am exporting ... So that why the seller can give me full disclosure of what is wrong with the car .. Some will even give u the service record of the car .....
My point is the car is good condition regardless whatever oil the owner is using either 5w20 or 0w20. Either one the car is a goal ......... If the shop was using 20w50 ,trust me the car will be dead by now ..20w50 does not do well in cold start.. Unlike 5w20 or 0w20 each will do well both cold and warm ... If you look at the chart below it explain better.. Both 5w20 or 0w20 all good in all extreme weathers ,including the Nigeria extreme weather.. Both for better MPG 0w20 is better... The reason why people love corolla is because of mpg.. So it is better to follow owners manual to get better Mpg

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Stormyweather(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Bros nah Abuja be dis
abuja barracks blocks of...

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by diportivo: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
person wey open thread don buy car

wtf are yall doing here peddling oil for undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by AnusOdourInhaler: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
Reading
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
dru23:

To answer your question... any of the two is fine ..you can switch back and fourth ,either 5w20, or 0w20... non are deadly at all to use... now let me educate u a bit here .. One of the major reason why I like to buy from private individuals.... In some USA states there is what they call lemon law .. Each state might be different... now the owner has to disclose to you whatever is wrong wth the car ... And you have up to 30 days to return the car or have the owner fix the car ... other wise you can sue the owner to small claim court. Most owner will write "AS IS" on the sale receipt of the car .. Meaning they are selling the car they way it is ,but it is up to you to find out what exactly is wrong with the car ..again each state law might be different... If you buying a car and the check engine is ON. , You have to ask the owner why the check engine is on. Because if the check engine light is on, the car might not pass inspection at all .. And you won't be able to drive the car until those things causing the check engine light is on is fix ... Now when I do buy cars, I dont tell the seller am exporting ... So that why the seller can give me full disclosure of what is wrong with the car .. Some will even give u the service record of the car .....
My point is the car is good condition regardless whatever oil the owner is using either 5w20 or 0w20. Either one the car is a goal ......... If the shop was using 20w50 ,trust me the car will be dead by now ..20w50 does not do well in cold start.. Unlike 5w20 or 0w20 each will do well both cold and warm ... If you look at the chart below it explain better.. Both 5w20 or 0w20 all good in all extreme weathers ,including the Nigeria extreme weather.. Both for better MPG 0w20 is better... The reason why people love corolla is because of mpg.. So it is better to follow owners manual to get better Mpg

Guy you too talk. Too much drama
Somebody tell me this guy is female
Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dru23(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
spacofadan:

Guy you too talk. Too much drama
Somebody tell me this guy is female

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by Sellfish(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2019
So I needed Gazzuzz advice and paid for the car..then I took it to a highly recommended KAzeem who did some fixes. ..engine and transmission are ok ...here are the stuff I fixed and the cost in naira

Two front lower arms changed at the cost of 2500 each

Power steering pump serviced because steering was quite stiff and the power steering rubber hoses were leaking a bit...cost of this was 4k

Vehicle was vibrating on idle and when there is a gear change...some bolts and washers in the engine sitting were discovered to be worn...bolts and washers were bought for 350 Naira and fixed...that solved the problem...

Ball joints and shafts were certified ok...but the shaft hose had disengaged...so I paid 1k for the shaft hose and grease....that fixed that

I thereafter engaged a rewire who fixed all the door and boot light....he bought new door light switches at 500 naira each and worked on the light switch in the car booth. ..I have him extra 1k for his efforts. ..he also replaced 2 electric window switches for 300 naira each...so all the electric window buttons and central lock buttons work perfectly

I also replaced a broken backlight...paid 3k for an unbroken fairly used one

Fuel guage and temp gauge work perfectly. ..Speedometer does not work tho...and I don't have the interest to fix that

I then have a bit of body work done on the car...it is totally first body with some minor dents...I paid 15k for a black paint job on the bumper, fender, lower parts of the door and the mirrors

I did all these little by little over a space of one week...

I had done some city driving with the vehicle and since the vehicle odometer isn't working, I couldn't quite gauge the fuel consumption .

So last week, I had reason to travel to and from Jos to Kafanchan...a combined distance of about 260 kilometres as calculated by Google maps....that's including my destination in the Kafanchan town..fuel tank was empty...as in I drove the car until the car refused to start due to lack of fuel...I then bought 2500 worth of fuel at 143 per liter and set off from Jos.....the fuel took me to and fro and from my calculations in have still done some city driving of about 30 kilometres and fuel is still in reserve. ...it's kinda funny that my friends 2006 Corrola uses about 3k fuel for the same journey of Jos to Kafanchan and back and the fuel gauge will bed reading empty before we even get home. ..so he has to top up...

So far, I am enjoying the vehicle...fuel consumption is very very low....and parts are dead cheap...

These are present pictures of the vehicle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k by dicksonadams(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2019
Dude share pix, before and after picture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does A Car Overheat? / Help! Serious Knocking Sound In 2006 Nissan Pathfinder / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.