Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race (26417 Views)

APC Reveals Primaries Method For Kogi 2019 Governorship Election / 2019 Governorship Election Results In Nigeria As Announced By INEC / Live Updates: OYO State 2019 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by IamHeWrites: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Candidate of the Nigeria Peoples Congress (NPC) in the November 16 2019 Kogi State governorship election, Alhaji Muhammed Aliyu, has withdrawn from the race.

Aliyu, who until now was also the Chairman of the NPC in the state, resigned his position and withdrew his membership of the party.

Aliyu, who described his decision as personal, announced the development in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Abuja.

According to him, “Among several reasons for my decision, is my desire to continue to maintain the integrity with which I left the public service after 35 years of meritorious service as executive director.

“I discovered that the political arena is not a place where I can continue to maintain that integrity with unblemished records of service”, he said.

NAN reports that Aliyu had emerged the gubernatorial candidate through a consensus voting at the party’s primary election in Lokoja on September 3.

http://igberetvnews.com/1015741/breaking-kogi-2019-governorship-candidate-withdraws-race/

4 Likes

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by IamHeWrites: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by CaptainMitch: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Story man, tell us which party you decamp to

5 Likes

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by picoba(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
No one has ever say he/she did not serve the country well while in service. But the situation in the country is worrisome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Oduclemz: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
IamHeWrites:
Candidate of the Nigeria Peoples Congress (NPC) in the November 16 2019 Kogi State governorship election, Alhaji Muhammed Aliyu, has withdrawn from the race.

Aliyu, who until now was also the Chairman of the NPC in the state, resigned his position and withdrew his membership of the party.

Aliyu, who described his decision as personal, announced the development in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Abuja.

According to him, “Among several reasons for my decision, is my desire to continue to maintain the integrity with which I left the public service after 35 years of meritorious service as executive director.

“I discovered that the political arena is not a place where I can continue to maintain that integrity with unblemished records of service”, he said.

NAN reports that Aliyu had emerged the gubernatorial candidate through a consensus voting at the party’s primary election in Lokoja on September 3.

http://igberetvnews.com/1015741/breaking-kogi-2019-governorship-candidate-withdraws-race/

The fear of YAYA BELLO

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Oduclemz: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
IamHeWrites:

The fear of YAYA B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:

The party that pays the highest in terms of cash, contracts, and future appointments... Most Nigerian politicians have no honour!!!
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by psucc(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Integrity Party (IP)

2 Likes

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by CaptainMitch: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Normal levels
Angelfrost:

The party that pays the highest in terms of cash, contracts, and future appointments... Most Nigerian politicians have no honour!!!
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Eldie111: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
It's getting more interested
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Kelklein(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
GYB has taken over... Even the PDP members are stylishly joining the train. If you still on the other side, you are on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by ybalogs(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Tueh
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by legba1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kelklein:
GYB has taken over... Even the PDP members are stylishly joining the train. If you still on the other side, you are on a long thing.

It simply means the suffering continues for KOGITES if GYB should be returned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Abalado(f): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lol,,, may be Ghana must go don reach him side....... Tax payers money o

2 Likes

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Salam19: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
when I remember Abia Governor, water runaway my eyes, aye aye, water runaway my eyes

1 Like

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Enemyofpeace: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
IamHeWrites:
Lalasticlala

Seun
please who are these two people?Are they the mail childrens of the man?
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Enemyofpeace: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
legba1:

It simply means the suffering continues for KOGITES if GYB should be returned
you dey mind that one?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Topmaike007(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kogi is for APC and will still remain APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by chukwuibuipob: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
sad sad shocked sad good for him,his pocket cos nah exercise in futility. APC/PDP nor go scam demselves
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Lawalemi(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Show spoilers
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Anisu: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
That Ghana must go things, personal interest
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Sniper101(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
Is it my phone or earlier today the outlook/appearance of this site was actually changed to white-ish or something undecided
Re: Kogi 2019: Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race by Legendguru: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
ohh

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Dances At Solidarity Rally By Conference Of Ekiti Private Sector Unions / "Hope Uzodinma Can't Win Election In Imo" - Okorocha / High Profile Corruption Cases Nigerians Expect In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.