Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,057 members, 7,859,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ (19782 Views)

Throwback: I'll Mobilize Nigerian Youths For Tinubu's Victory - Yahaya Bello / We Will Mobilize Our Members Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN / President Buhari Says He Will Mobilize The Military And Police Against IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by EmekaBlue(m): 12:14am On Sep 24, 2019
netflicks:
Is the other dude beside Buhari wearing a skirt? Or Are my the only one seeing this shocked
he dey rock skirt suit grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Olubee22(f): 12:25am On Sep 24, 2019
Before you plant trees, abeg get rid of all those dilapidated buses in Ibadan.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by omobaba1759: 12:29am On Sep 24, 2019
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Eaglefine(f): 12:57am On Sep 24, 2019
No problems. But after planting the trees, make sure we'll be handsomely rewarded.

Any which way, Me na money I need ooo tongue
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by wofayouths(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2019
Hmmm

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by x3da(m): 1:13am On Sep 24, 2019
taylor89:
Defending buhari as a BMC has become the toughest battle of my life

Dude keeps leaking out regardless how much we try to patch his lazy brains

I quit

Mean while Seun is it that you've upgraded this site abi is my eyes spoilt again

Please bring back the old version this present one is doing me like wiliwili

i swear it feels really odd, i had to refresh twice to confirm grin
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by asksteve(m): 1:31am On Sep 24, 2019
Nigerian youths, its up. to you

R you only good at being mobilised for as thugs during election and for planting trees?

The government will not enable the economy so you can either great your own business or created employment.

U will be hired to plant the trees and then dumped till the need for you arise again.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by 12inchess: 1:57am On Sep 24, 2019
AryaSand:
Seun! Stop changing NL's font abeg! cry cry cry

We hate this current one.
I love the latest ux design of nairaland. Seun is a genius. By the way I've been on nairaland since 2006.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by 12inchess: 2:03am On Sep 24, 2019
Youths in developed countries are developing robots, AI (artificial intelligence), self driving cars, advanced algorithms and automation and other crazy IT stuff, and this our "non-president" wants Nigerian youths to be planting trees. Yusuf his first son should spearhead the tree planting. By the way aren't Nigerian youths to lazy tool plant trees? Hopefully in a couple of years time we will actually have a president.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 24, 2019
nabiz:
grin grin grin cool

Thought I should join u in laughing as well since I have no comment to make on what bubu told the world.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 24, 2019
decatalyst:
You and who?

You and Yusuf will ride on his millions of naira power bike to the farm naaa grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by rampantlover: 2:42am On Sep 24, 2019
He wants to plant all these trees so that his fulani men and their cattles can have a shade to rest under after grazing grin cheesy grin cheesy Jibril is very smart grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by otipoju(m): 2:46am On Sep 24, 2019
helinues:
Most of the world leaders are just continuing with their lies at the UNGA

This comic is a genius.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by esente: 3:05am On Sep 24, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by WhoRUDeceiving: 3:45am On Sep 24, 2019
Everything according to those lying on his behalf. Buhari/Jubril is hiding....
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:04am On Sep 24, 2019
taylor89:
Defending buhari as a BMC has become the toughest battle of my life

Dude keeps leaking out regardless how much we try to patch his lazy brains

I quit

Mean while Seun is it that you've upgraded this site abi is my eyes spoilt again

Please bring back the old version this present one is doing me like wiliwili
government of we will we will we will we will... Dax my own williwilli ����
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by explosiveskull(m): 5:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Who will they mobilize? Me?

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Vikynas: 5:29am On Sep 24, 2019
Mobilize your father
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Eleponblue(m): 5:48am On Sep 24, 2019
GboltNG:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said as part of plans to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink, the federal government will mobilize its youths to plant 25 million trees across the country.

Buhari said this while addressing world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit tagged “A Race We Can Win. A Race We Mu
According to his media aide, Femi Adesina, the president told attendees at the summit that his administration will embark on different initiatives aimed at reversing the negative effects of climate change in the country.

Adesina said Buhari shared the sentiment expressed by the UN Secretary-General that the world was on the verge of climate catastrophe, noting that “undeniably, Climate Change is a human-induced phenomenon.”

Buhari said, “It is in this regard that I wish to reiterate Nigeria’s commitment to its obligation under the Paris Agreement, the aspirations enshrined in our Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and ensure a resilient future that mainstreams climate risks in our decision making

“I want to announce that the Government of Nigeria will develop a more robust sectorial action plan, and expand the scope of our Sovereign Green Bonds in line with our intended upward review of Nigeria’s NDC’s towards the inclusion of the water and waste sectors by 2020,” he said.

The president also said the country would issue a Green Bond for irrigation and construct multi-purpose dams for power, irrigation and water supply.

“We will strengthen solid and liquid waste management systems to attract more private sector investors.

“We will take concrete steps to harness climate innovative ideas by including youths in decision making processes as part of our over-all climate governance architecture.

“We will mobilize Nigerian youths towards planting 25 million trees to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink,” he said.

Adesina said President Buhari disclosed that Nigeria had embarked on diversification of its energy sources from dependence on gas-powered system to hydro, solar, wind, biomass and nuclear sources.

The president said the country was progressively working to realize 30 percent energy efficiency and renewable energy mix by 2030, saying this is envisaged to lead to 179 million tons of carbon dioxide reduction per annum by 2030.

“In addition, our Administration intends to develop a shelter belt across 11 States of the Federation spanning a distance of 1,500 km and 15km across through the Great Green Wall initiative.

“Furthermore, the Federal Government has commenced the implementation of the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Programme in Ogoniland, to recover the carbon sink potential of the mangrove ecosystem of the one thousand square kilometers (1,000 KM2) polluted site in the affected area.

“I should also inform the summit that our Government has introduced Climate Smart Agricultural Practices to unlock Seventy-Four (74) Million tons of carbon dioxide per annum, through relevant technologies, advocacy and best practices,” he added.

President Buhari also noted that the Lake Chad Basin, which used to be a region of productivity, food security and wealth for an estimated 40 million citizens living around the Chad Basin, had shrunk significantly from its original size due to Climate Change.

https://punchng.com/climate-change-is-a-human-induced-phenomenon-buhari-says-at-unga/amp/

The same youths you called lazy ehn abi?!
Who we offend for this country sef�The person no dey forgive and forget ne??!�
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Coolbreeze1988(m): 6:09am On Sep 24, 2019
I can't be part of those youths now, let your sons and daughters take the lead first. 25 million youth, give them job then am in.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Godi25(m): 6:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Jayslicky:
Why not empower 25million Nigerians.
Senseless president.

This man keeps proving how useless he is, who is going to plant the trees, is it the youths he called lazy or the ones that are jobless and feed from hand to mouth.

The situation Nigeria is in now we need improvement in our economy and this buhari is talking of climate change that he knows nothing about.
Or the ones that he sent his dogs to arrest for peaceful protest... This Buhari is just.....
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Minjim: 6:49am On Sep 24, 2019
You wanna motivate lazy youths with what?

Abeg, stop lying
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nat404: 6:58am On Sep 24, 2019
The whole world is already fed up with Nigeria because of this man.

One of my professors who is from Austrialia often talks about Nigeria and how the country could have been with a good leader.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2019
Planting trees is a good thing and is necessary but how in the world can you mobilize a people who are not inspired or motivated by the situation of things in the country? How does Buhari think frustrated Nigerians will wake up and begin to plant trees when they have to do so under abject penury in an unsafe economy and society. We are the reason the world is rejecting us but who am I though? I can only do my bit.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by xelly: 7:05am On Sep 24, 2019
For Fulani herdsmen to graze on
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2019
GboltNG:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said as part of plans to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink, the federal government will mobilize its youths to plant 25 million trees across the country.

Buhari said this while addressing world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit tagged “A Race We Can Win. A Race We Must Win” on Monday.

According to his media aide, Femi Adesina, the president told attendees at the summit that his administration will embark on different initiatives aimed at reversing the negative effects of climate change in the country.

Adesina said Buhari shared the sentiment expressed by the UN Secretary-General that the world was on the verge of climate catastrophe, noting that “undeniably, Climate Change is a human-induced phenomenon.”

Buhari said, “It is in this regard that I wish to reiterate Nigeria’s commitment to its obligation under the Paris Agreement, the aspirations enshrined in our Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and ensure a resilient future that mainstreams climate risks in our decision making

“I want to announce that the Government of Nigeria will develop a more robust sectorial action plan, and expand the scope of our Sovereign Green Bonds in line with our intended upward review of Nigeria’s NDC’s towards the inclusion of the water and waste sectors by 2020,” he said.

The president also said the country would issue a Green Bond for irrigation and construct multi-purpose dams for power, irrigation and water supply.

“We will strengthen solid and liquid waste management systems to attract more private sector investors.

“We will take concrete steps to harness climate innovative ideas by including youths in decision making processes as part of our over-all climate governance architecture.

“We will mobilize Nigerian youths towards planting 25 million trees to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink,” he said.

Adesina said President Buhari disclosed that Nigeria had embarked on diversification of its energy sources from dependence on gas-powered system to hydro, solar, wind, biomass and nuclear sources.

The president said the country was progressively working to realize 30 percent energy efficiency and renewable energy mix by 2030, saying this is envisaged to lead to 179 million tons of carbon dioxide reduction per annum by 2030.

“In addition, our Administration intends to develop a shelter belt across 11 States of the Federation spanning a distance of 1,500 km and 15km across through the Great Green Wall initiative.

“Furthermore, the Federal Government has commenced the implementation of the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Programme in Ogoniland, to recover the carbon sink potential of the mangrove ecosystem of the one thousand square kilometers (1,000 KM2) polluted site in the affected area.

“I should also inform the summit that our Government has introduced Climate Smart Agricultural Practices to unlock Seventy-Four (74) Million tons of carbon dioxide per annum, through relevant technologies, advocacy and best practices,” he added.

President Buhari also noted that the Lake Chad Basin, which used to be a region of productivity, food security and wealth for an estimated 40 million citizens living around the Chad Basin, had shrunk significantly from its original size due to Climate Change.

https://punchng.com/climate-change-is-a-human-induced-phenomenon-buhari-says-at-unga/amp/

If this is all he can achieve in his tenure then voting for him wasn’t such a bad idea
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by cuteboy2: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2019
As long as your lazy son Yusuf will join the tree planting youth, rather than racing power bikes in Abuja streets
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2019
“I should also inform the summit that our Government has introduced Climate Smart Agricultural Practices to *unlock Seventy-Four (74) Million tons of carbon dioxide per annum, through relevant technologies, advocacy and best practices,” he added.

You see... you will unlock carbon or you will lock up sequestered carbon. This man clearly don't know what he is talking about. Unlocking carbon is like releasing carbon. They will just be laughing at us
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by AdonaiAluminium: 8:09am On Sep 24, 2019
At least that will keep the lazy youths busy

Contact us for all your roofing jobs, roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by juman(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2019
Oh oh.
Tissues of lies woven together.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by sammie99: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2019
Is it still the lazy youth he wants to mobilize?. So, the older politicians will hold political offices while the youth plants trees. Congrat to the nigeria youths

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited / Saraki Appoints Earl Osaro Onaiwu His Liaison Officer / Abdulsalami Abubakar Pictured With Davematics Ombugadu Nasarawa PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.