Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,631 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ (19768 Views)

Throwback: I'll Mobilize Nigerian Youths For Tinubu's Victory - Yahaya Bello / We Will Mobilize Our Members Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN / President Buhari Says He Will Mobilize The Military And Police Against IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Faponmile(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Oga, plant your trees yourself. Nigerian youths are lazy and hungry into the bargain. Remember to plant grass too so that your kinsmen will stop killing our people because of useless cows.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Bobyro: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nggs121:
Does this bran dead cattle header honestly think anybody will take him seriously?

I mean, has the majority of his brain cells been so fried that he honestly think he can mobilize anything other than cows and bloodthirsty, gun-slinging mindless Fulani illiterates?
Dafuk

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Ikpongiton: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
na now you remember the youth.devil kee you de.last time you said that,they are lazy
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by SachaBastien(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mobilizing lazy youths to plant 25 million trees won't be that easy but I'm sure that with some "tradermoney" and "npower" motivation, this can be achieved.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nggs121: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
Bobyro:

Dafuk

Who dafuq is this one?
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by masqot(m): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
I don't need to read that long story. The title is enough to make me weak.
So, LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTHS are now useful?
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Myhusband(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
he should have save himself the embarrassment by sending osibanjo to that gathering. he talk off point and irrelevant issue in every sensitive gathering so far, even his wife will address issue than him

I hope Yusuf is part of the youth as hell rufai as put his son in a 7days media public school

na only power dey sabi in their region, average of them lack economical knowhow to move a mere ministry
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Mrpojj(m): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
GboltNG:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said as part of plans to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink, the federal government will mobilize its youths to plant 25 million trees across the country.

Buhari said this while addressing world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit tagged “A Race We Can Win. A Race We Must Win” on Monday.

According to his media aide, Femi Adesina, the president told attendees at the summit that his administration will embark on different initiatives aimed at reversing the negative effects of climate change in the country.

Adesina said Buhari shared the sentiment expressed by the UN Secretary-General that the world was on the verge of climate catastrophe, noting that “undeniably, Climate Change is a human-induced phenomenon.”

Buhari said, “It is in this regard that I wish to reiterate Nigeria’s commitment to its obligation under the Paris Agreement, the aspirations enshrined in our Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and ensure a resilient future that mainstreams climate risks in our decision making

“I want to announce that the Government of Nigeria will develop a more robust sectorial action plan, and expand the scope of our Sovereign Green Bonds in line with our intended upward review of Nigeria’s NDC’s towards the inclusion of the water and waste sectors by 2020,” he said.

The president also said the country would issue a Green Bond for irrigation and construct multi-purpose dams for power, irrigation and water supply.

“We will strengthen solid and liquid waste management systems to attract more private sector investors.

“We will take concrete steps to harness climate innovative ideas by including youths in decision making processes as part of our over-all climate governance architecture.

“We will mobilize Nigerian youths towards planting 25 million trees to enhance Nigeria’s carbon sink,” he said.

Adesina said President Buhari disclosed that Nigeria had embarked on diversification of its energy sources from dependence on gas-powered system to hydro, solar, wind, biomass and nuclear sources.

The president said the country was progressively working to realize 30 percent energy efficiency and renewable energy mix by 2030, saying this is envisaged to lead to 179 million tons of carbon dioxide reduction per annum by 2030.

“In addition, our Administration intends to develop a shelter belt across 11 States of the Federation spanning a distance of 1,500 km and 15km across through the Great Green Wall initiative.

“Furthermore, the Federal Government has commenced the implementation of the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Programme in Ogoniland, to recover the carbon sink potential of the mangrove ecosystem of the one thousand square kilometers (1,000 KM2) polluted site in the affected area.

“I should also inform the summit that our Government has introduced Climate Smart Agricultural Practices to unlock Seventy-Four (74) Million tons of carbon dioxide per annum, through relevant technologies, advocacy and best practices,” he added.

President Buhari also noted that the Lake Chad Basin, which used to be a region of productivity, food security and wealth for an estimated 40 million citizens living around the Chad Basin, had shrunk significantly from its original size due to Climate Change.

https://punchng.com/climate-change-is-a-human-induced-phenomenon-buhari-says-at-unga/amp/

Which of the youth?
The lazy once?
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Perfectnumber6(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
You and who, Abeg go park one side u no serious
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Adaibeku(f): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
LZAA:
GMBuharii and immhotep oooo grin
Cc metaphysical Afamed pythonamaka Adaibeku Adaibeku bastardmod
Is a piry cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Onyi90(m): 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
taylor89:
Defending buhari as a BMC has become the toughest battle of my life

Dude keeps leaking out regardless how much we try to patch his lazy brains

I quit

Mean while Seun is it that you've upgraded this site abi is my eyes spoilt again

Please bring back the old version this present one is doing me like wiliwili
I tells you
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
taylor89:
Defending buhari as a BMC has become the toughest battle of my life

Dude keeps leaking out regardless how much we try to patch his lazy brains

I quit

Mean while Seun is it that you've upgraded this site abi is my eyes spoilt again

Please bring back the old version this present one is doing me like wiliwili

Lols...seconded....the new site looks like evebing newspaper
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by osazsky(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
10kobo condom then would have averted this disaster that has fallen on poor Nigerians spit
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by patorial(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
buzorcharles:
Just remove me from that 25m youth. U fall my hand die
Minu me from the 25milion and u still have 24999998 youths to mobilize
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by patorial(m): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
buzorcharles:
Just remove me from that 25m youth. U fall my hand die
Minu me from the 25milion and u still have 24999998 youths to mobilize ,
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by ChristianNorth: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
Bubu really needs help.
Hardworking Yusuf should plant the trees. Nigerian youth are Lazy.
Awon werey
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by osazsky(m): 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Give the jobs to hausa youths we don't need this advoc job remember to buy plenty tramadol for them aftersll they were the ones that dug the full Nigeria, everyday they keep digging for glo and mtn,this job would be good for ur people
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Burgerlomo: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
Another Issa banger from presido grin
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
LZAA:
GMBuharii and immhotep oooo grin
Cc metaphysical Afamed pythonamaka Adaibeku Adaibeku bastardmod
Gwarotango should start planting in sambisa asap

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by baratech: 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
Pay money, and I will plant trees...
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by bizhop01: 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
I will empower 25 million youths,
Naked President
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Sniper101(m): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
the same youths the dullard tagged as "Lazy" on an international TV

How then does he expect lazy persons to go about planting trees? undecided
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by ebuclassic18(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is why u wasted time nd fuel on that plane to tell them u want to plant trees you would have called on fone
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by LZAA: 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
immhotep:

Gwarotango should start planting in sambisa asap
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by webngnews: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
ohh
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Gallantrugged: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Yesterday you said Nigerian youth are lazy, now they are hard working when it comes to planting trees like you, your appointments targets the old gold diggers exempting the youth. what do you take us for, good for nothing?
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Kingspin(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
UN seat has just wasted
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
nextstep:
Buhari should have been doing this in North since 2015 to stem the deforestation that's causing his herders to fight with farmers.

But this one is so funny to me:

“We will take concrete steps to harness climate innovative ideas by including youths in decision making processes as part of our over-all climate governance architecture."

Come to North every house has Tree in its compound. Except the one built in late 90s till date.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Gepheral: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Very very very nice
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Mariangeles(f): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
I endorse 100%√√√
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by bromama675: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
"I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will"
"I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will" "I will"
Still on Campaign after 4.5 Yrs in office. U can now call on Nigerian youths u said were lazy.
Re: Buhari To UN: ‘we Will Mobilize Nigerian Youths To Plant 25 Million Trees’ by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
the same ones u called lazy?..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Meets Buhari, Says 'I Cannot Be Suspended' / Frozen Account: Ozekhome Kicks, Says Fayose Paid Me N75m As Legal Fees / Where Is The Lagos Cable Car, 6 Years After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.